PDA

View Full Version : Commercials on Indian TV

Avanthika
20th March 2005, 02:29 AM
I have sun tv and I am totally amazed at the claims that the ads are making without any medical or scientific backing . My personal opinion being that there is less accountability in the Indian market and that corporate companies are getting away without giving all the facts or even claiming what is not true.

usha_pooja
7th June 2005, 03:35 PM
I have sun tv and I am totally amazed at the claims that the ads are making without any medical or scientific backing . My personal opinion being that there is less accountability in the Indian market and that corporate companies are getting away without giving all the facts or even claiming what is not true.

Hi Avanthika,
Da advertisements can be so boring if there is any scientific n medical backing. However, its best 2 have these adverts humorous cos it encourages viewers 2 watch da tv. Also, it will make da people more entertaining.

Take care
from Usha

lordstanher
27th June 2005, 07:35 AM
I like the song in the old Nirma ad (Washing powder Nirma.....)
Rings a nostalgic note w/ me..... :wink: :D
Not sure how effective the powder must've really been tho!

rami
27th June 2005, 03:33 PM
ADs that caught attention:
1. Woodwards Gripe Water (A series of mother and daughters)
Enna aachu..? Kozhanthai azhuthuthu..
2. Kaakkara chandru ... (Asian Paints)
3. Mint-o-fresh
4. Chennai-Silks
One kid with mouthful of lip-stick shouting "Chennai Silks"
5. Archana (usually this comes only in radio)
Inime lateaaa vantha archanaavoda thaan varanum
6. Complan - I am a complan boy.
7. Bajaj - Humara Bajaj
8. Nescafe - No words - simply beautiful music.
9. Johnsons baby powder
10. Of course CADBURYs
11. Hutch ads
12. ICICI prudential - The father will place the hand and protect the child.

The most important thing is, these ads dont have any celebrities to sell their product. Still they attract and make the audience sit up.

Surya
28th June 2005, 01:24 AM
ADs that caught attention:
1. Woodwards Gripe Water (A series of mother and daughters)
Enna aachu..? Kozhanthai azhuthuthu..
2. Kaakkara chandru ... (Asian Paints)
3. Mint-o-fresh
4. Chennai-Silks
One kid with mouthful of lip-stick shouting "Chennai Silks"
5. Archana (usually this comes only in radio)
Inime lateaaa vantha archanaavoda thaan varanum
6. Complan - I am a complan boy.
7. Bajaj - Humara Bajaj
8. Nescafe - No words - simply beautiful music.
9. Johnsons baby powder
10. Of course CADBURYs
11. Hutch ads
12. ICICI prudential - The father will place the hand and protect the child.

The most important thing is, these ads dont have any celebrities to sell their product. Still they attract and make the audience sit up.

Pulli Raja-kku aids varumaaaa...aaaaa...aaaa

BestU kanna bestU! (Kungumam)

Kelunge kelunge kettukitte irrunge. (Suriyan FM)

lordstanher
28th June 2005, 07:27 PM
Does ne-one rem. this amusing TV ad abt ECE bulbs/tube-lights (circa late '80s)......I rem. seeing it mostly in Hindi....
This man is asked by his wife to buy a new light bulb for the home & he sets out.......he then encounters a few ppl. on the way, who advise him to buy ECE bulbs.......then almost gets hit by a red open-top Standard Herald car packed w/ a trad. Tamil family (the guy driving the car says 'Aiyyayo....') & one of the ladies (clad in a Madisar I think!) gets up & repeats the same advice on buying ECE bulb.........and finally as he enters the shop, even the shopkeeper hands him out a bulb of said brand! :D
I don't rem. how long its been since I last saw this ad but I really miss it when I often think of it......! :D

hehehewalrus
28th June 2005, 10:57 PM
This ad was interesting but overdose of it proves to be irritating :D How did u miss the doberman which chases the guy on his way to the shop?
In the climax the bulb lights up when the guy holds it in his hand!

I also enjoyed the Hajmola ad with its sensational background music! :D

lordstanher
29th June 2005, 08:49 AM
How did u miss the doberman which chases the guy on his way to the shop?

Hmm......well, looks like my memory of tat one bit has faded away w/ time! :D Prob. bcos I've seen dogs chasing things/ppl. in quite a few ads (& of course 'n' no. of movies!) so didn't find it particularly unique to rem. :D
I rem. this ad mainly bcos of the Standard Herald car in it (which happens to be my fav. make of car......tat explains the 'Stan Her' in my username :wink: )

In the climax the bulb lights up when the guy holds it in his hand!

Yup.....tat one does ring a bell! Tks for refreshing me on tat! :D

I also enjoyed the Hajmola ad with its sensational background music! :D

Umm.....I cudn't of course ask u to express the music here so not able to recollect tat........but there was one for Hajmola candy in 1993 w/ a song 'khatti imli raseela aam' (indicating 2 new flavours then) tat I'd mimicked in class on Teacher's Day at school..... :D
Not to mention the ad abt Bajaj bulbs/tubes....therez the old man w/ a 'Walrus' :wink: moustache whoz supposedly on a diet & gets caught stealing food from the fridge at night by his wife...... :D
Then there was also the Ortem fans ad w/ ppl. from different regions mispronouncing 'Ortem' until one dashing youth gets it right & the girl nearby whisks him away...... :D
IMHO, most of these old ads got more prominent in ppl's minds than todayz ones w/ celebrities in them.....

hehehewalrus
29th June 2005, 09:20 AM
I rem. this ad mainly bcos of the Standard Herald car in it (which happens to be my fav. make of car......tat explains the 'Stan Her' in my username :wink: )
good heavens! i was googling to find the origin of your name :D

Umm.....I cudn't of course ask u to express the music here
This was the one where the boys in the dorm crowd around a hajmola pack and run away with shouts of "Masterji, masterji, bhago, bhago!" - one guy rolls it down the floor to another kid who gets spotted by Masterji.

2 other memorable ads are:
1. The Dabur Chyavanprash ad featuring the Badminton Thatha and his powerful smashes :D
2. The Lifebuoy ad where the hockey player gets tripped - he is wearing white Canvas shoes which used to be sold by Bata for Rs.39.95 only

lordstanher
29th June 2005, 07:36 PM
good heavens! i was googling to find the origin of your name :D

Ohh.....really??!! :rotfl: Neways....impressed tat my username evoked such curiosity in sumone! :wink: :D

This was the one where the boys in the dorm crowd around a hajmola pack and run away with shouts of "Masterji, masterji, bhago, bhago!" - one guy rolls it down the floor to another kid who gets spotted by Masterji.

Oh yea, now tat rings a bell.......he then timidly offers the hajmola bottle to the master saying "Hajmola Sir?"...... :D

Another memorable ad (IMO) was the one for Glucon C where the lady comes home tired & chooses a glucon C over the misc. cool drinks in her fridge......and then the photo of her son in the room comes to life & he kicks out a football, which she grabs astonished......the ending had this song "Glucon C, ye jaan me jaan daalde peete hee!".......which was the main reason for my liking this ad! :wink:
Oh well, fun to walk down memory lane sumtimes! :D

sahana6
1st July 2005, 03:30 AM
wut bout atai malai atai malai(saravana silks)

Braandan
6th July 2006, 10:23 AM
There is a new ad which caught my eye. Good one..FeviQuick with Vijay Adiraj (I think).. with the old Tamil film song "Kelvi piranthathu andru.." used in it. The ad for the new Diesel oil in which the supplier at the bunk says "Mileaaaaaaaaaaaage" for a long time is also good!

rami
6th July 2006, 10:59 AM
The new ad for Junior Horlicks..

The kid eats only a part of anything ... and yells "amma finish"

Amma finds half vada under pillow, idli in fish tank, Dosa under the plate...

The kid is tooo cute .. The back-ground is "naughty-boy naughty-boy naughty-boy ..."

Braandan
7th July 2006, 01:07 PM
The sickest ad is that of 'La' soap. A bride claiming that she bought her husband for Rs.10, and it is sickening when she shouts "I feel fresh and confident'.

R.Latha
31st January 2008, 12:54 PM
மெகா சீரியல்களுக்கு நடுவே..!

வீட்டுப் பெண்கள் மெகா சீரியல் பார்க்கிறார்கள் என்பதுதான் எல்லோரும் வைக்கும் குற்றச்சாட்டு. அதைவிட அதிகமாக (அவர்களுக்குத் தெரியாமலேயே) அவர்களால் பார்க்கப்படுவது விளம்பரங்கள்தான். சொல்லப் போனால் இவை குழந்தைகளையும் ஆண்களையும்கூட விட்டு வைப்பதில்லை.

சாஸ்திரத்துக்கு இங்கு இரண்டு விளம்பரங்கள்:- ""வீட்டு வேலையாளை நிறுத்திவிடலாம் -உனக்கும் உடற்பயிற்சியாக அமையும்; நீ எப்படிச் சமைத்தாலும் நான் சாப்பிடத் தயார் -சமையல்காரரையும் நிறுத்திவிடலாம்; காரையும் விற்றுவிடலாம்'' என்று தனது ஓய்வுக் கால திட்டத்தை மனைவியிடம் கூறுவார் ஓர் ஆசாமி. அவருடைய மனைவியோ "மகனிடம் உதவி கேட்கலாம்' என்பார். ஓய்வுக் கால திட்டத்தை வகுக்கும் ஆசாமி, ""நான் யாரிடமும் கையேந்தியதில்லை, உன்னைக் கைப்பிடிக்க உன் தந்தையிடம் கை நீட்டியதோடு சரி'' என்பார்.

அதற்கு மனைவியோ எதற்கு, இப்படி வயதான காலத்தில் அவதிப்பட வைப்பதற்கா? என்பார். உடனே அவர் சிரித்துக் கொண்டே ""இல்லை, இல்லை. ஓய்வுக் காலத்தை சிங்கப்பூரில் அனுபவிக்க...'' என்று கூறும்போது மனைவியின் முகத்தில் மகிழ்ச்சி பரவும். இந்த விளம்பரத்தை டி.வி.யில் பார்க்காதவர் இருக்கவே முடியாது. மூன்று விநாடிகளில் ஓடி மறையும் விளம்பரம் 10 சதவீதம் பேரிடம் தாக்கத்தை ஏற்படுத்தினாலே அந்நிறுவனத்துக்கு லாபம்தான்.

இப்படித்தான், எல்லைப் பகுதியில் இரு சிறுவர்கள் கால்பந்து விளையாடுவது போலவும், எல்லைகளைக் கடந்தும் தங்களது இணைப்பு தொடரும் என்ற செல்போன் நிறுவன விளம்பரமும், அதைத் தொடர்ந்து பின்னணி இசையும் மக்கள் மனதில் அந்நிறுவனப் பெயரை நினைவூட்டும்.

அது சரி, இப்படி "டச்சிங்'கான விளம்பரத்தைத் தயாரிக்கக் காரணம் என்ன? அதில் புரளும் கோடிக்கணக்கான வருமானம்தான்.

இசைப் புயல் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் கூட ஆரம்ப காலத்தில் விளம்பரப் படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்தவர்தான். இப்போதும் சில விளம்பரப் படங்களுக்கு ஆஸ்தான இசையமைப்பாளர் இவர்தான். இதற்கு பல லகரங்களில் இவருக்குச்

சம்பளம் கிடைக்கிறது.

2 அல்லது 3 விநாடி ஓடும் விளம்பரப்படத்துக்கு இவ்வளவு செலவா? என்று வியக்க வேண்டாம்.

இந்தியாவில் மட்டும் ஆண்டுக்கு ரூ. 15 ஆயிரம் கோடிக்கு மேல் விளம்பரங்களுக்குச் செலவிடப்படுகிறது என்றால் நம்ப முடிகிறதா? நம்பித்தான் ஆக வேண்டும்.

தற்போது பல்வேறு பொறியியல் கல்லூரிகள் மற்றும் தன்னாட்சி கல்லூரிகளும் விளம்பரங்களுக்குக் கோடிக்கணக்கில் செலவிடுகின்றன. கல்வி நிறுவனங்கள் மட்டுமே ஆண்டுக்கு ரூ. 300 கோடியை விளம்பரங்களுக்காகச் செலவிடுகிறதாம். (இந்தச் செலவு எல்லாம் மாணவர்கள் தலையில்தான்).

கோடிக் கணக்கில் பணம் புரளும்போது, இப்படி மக்கள் மனதைத் தொடும் விளம்பரங்களைத் தயாரிக்க, வடிவேலு பாணியில் சொல்வதானால் "உட்காந்து' யோசிக்கிறாங்க!

விளம்பரத்துறைக்கு கற்பனைதான் மூலப்பொருள். நாம் டி.வி.யிலும், செய்தித்தாள்களிலும், வார, மாத இதழ்களிலும் கண்டு வியக்கும் இந்த விளம்பரங்களை உருவாக்க இரவு பகலாக யோசிக்கிறார்கள். ஆலோசனை நடத்துகிறார்கள்.

நுகர்வோர் பயன்படுத்தும் குண்டூசியிலிருந்து அனைத்துப் பொருள்களுக்கும் விளம்பரம் அவசியம் என்றாகிவிட்டது. இதனாலேயே ஒவ்வொரு பொருள் தயாரிப்பிற்கு முன் சந்தை நிலவரம் குறித்த கணிப்பு நடத்துகின்றனர். சந்தை நிலவரம் அளித்த புள்ளி விவரத்திற்கேற்ப, எந்தப் பிரிவினரைத் தங்களது தயாரிப்பு சென்றடைய வேண்டுமோ அந்தப் பிரிவினருக்கு ஏற்ற விளம்பரங்களை "கிரியேட்டிவ்' ஆக யோசித்து விளம்பரத்துக்கான மையக்கரு உருவாக்கப்படுகிறது.

இந்தக் கருவானது விஷுவலைசர், காப்பி ரைட்டர் (விளம்பர வாசகங்கள் எழுதுபவர்) மற்றும் ஆர்ட் டைரக்டர் ஆகியோரின் கற்பனையில் உயிர்த்தெழுகிறது. பிறகு ஓவியர்கள் அவற்றை "லே அவுட்'டுகளாக மாற்றுகின்றனர். பிறகு அவை புகைப்படம் எடுக்கப்பட்டு விளம்பரமாக உருவாகிறது.

டி.வி. விளம்பரம் எனில் நடிக்கும் கதாபாத்திரங்கள் தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்டு, லொகேஷன்கள் முடிவு செய்யப்பட்டு பிறகு சினிமாவைப் போல பிரம்மாண்ட செட் போட்டு தயாரிக்கப்படுகின்றன.

விளம்பரத்தை நல்ல முறையில் உருவாக்கினால் மட்டும் போதாது. அவை வாடிக்கையாளரைச் சரியான முறையில் சென்று சேரும்படி நடவடிக்கை எடுக்க வேண்டும். இதை விளம்பர ஏஜென்சியின் மீடியா பிரிவு மேற்கொள்கிறது. இதைத் தொடர்ந்து இந்த விளம்பரம் டி.வி. எனில் அது எந்த டி.வி. சேனலில் எந்த நேரத்தில் ஒளிபரப்பாக வேண்டும் என்பது தீர்மானிக்கப்படுகிறது.

டிஆர்பி ரேட்டிங் அடிப்படையில் டி.வி. சேனல்கள் தேர்வு செய்யப்படுகின்றன.

அதேபோல நாளிதழ்கள், பருவ இதழ்கள் அனைத்தும் ஏபிசி மூலம் தீர்மானிக்கப்படுகின்றன. அதாவது அவற்றின் சர்குலேஷனைப் பொருத்து முடிவு செய்யப்படுகிறது.

பத்திரிகைகளுக்கு அளிக்கப்படும் விளம்பரங்கள் 45 சதவீதம்தான். இதே அளவுக்கு டி.வி. விளம்பரங்களுக்குச் செல்கின்றன. சினிமா மற்றும் போஸ்டர் மூலமான விளம்பரங்கள் வெகு சொற்பமே. ஒரு சதவீதத்துக்கும் குறைவான அளவே இணையதள விளம்பரங்களுக்குச் செல்கிறது.

விளம்பரங்கள் அதிக முக்கியத்துவம் பெறத் தொடங்கியது 1992-ம் ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகுதான். அதாவது தாராளமயமாக்கலின் விளைவால் பன்னாட்டு நிறுவனங்கள் முதலில் கோடிக் கணக்கில் விளம்பரங்களுக்குச் செலவிட்டன.

பன்னாட்டு நிறுவனங்களான கோக் மற்றும் பெப்சி நிறுவனங்கள்தான் கோடிக்கணக்கில் விளம்பரங்களுக்குச் செலவிட்டு இந்திய நிறுவனங்களை மிரட்டின.

இதைத் தொடர்ந்து இந்தியச் சந்தையில் நுழைந்த டி.வி., ஃபிரிட்ஜ் தயாரிப்பு நிறுவனங்கள் இரு சக்கர, கார் உள்ளிட்ட வாகன தயாரிப்பு நிறுவனங்களும் விளம்பர போட்டியில் குதித்தன.

இதில் ஒவ்வொரு நிறுவனங்களும் பிரபலங்களைத் தங்களது பிராண்ட் அம்பாசிடர்களாக நியமித்து, விளம்பர ஆதாயம் தேடின.

இதில் பெருமளவு வருமானம் குவித்தவர்கள் கிரிக்கெட் வீரர்கள்தான். அதற்கு அடுத்தபடியாக சினிமா நட்சத்திரங்கள்.

விளம்பரம் செய்தால் மட்டுமே சந்தையில் நிற்க முடியும் என்ற நிலை தற்போது உள்ளூர் நிறுவனங்களுக்கும் ஏற்பட்டு விட்டன.

இதனாலேயே சென்னை தி.நகரில் உள்ள பிரபல ஜவுளிக் கடைகளும், நகைக் கடைகளும் நடிகைகளை வைத்து விளம்பரப்படுத்துகின்றன. இவற்றை அபுதாபியில் மட்டுமின்றி அமெரிக்காவில் இருக்கும் தமிழர்களும் பார்க்கின்றனர்.

பன்னாட்டு நிறுவனங்கள் தங்களது தயாரிப்புகளை அறிமுகம் செய்ய சுமார் ரூ.10 கோடி வரை செலவிடுகின்றன.

ரூ. 10 கோடியில் பிசினúஸ தொடங்கி விடுவோம் என்ற நம்மூர் "அண்ணாச்சிகள்' கூட லோக்கல் கேபிள் டி.வி. யில் விளம்பரம் செய்யத் தொடங்கிவிட்டனர்.

பொருள்களின் விற்பனையை வித்தியாசமான விளம்பரங்கள் மூலம் அதிகரிக்கச் செய்ய முடியும் என்ற சூழல் உருவாகியுள்ளது.

பூக்கடைக்கு விளம்பரம் எதற்கு? என்று ஒதுங்கியிருந்தால், விளம்பரம் மூலம் பிரபலமான "பொக்கே' ஷாப் ஓஹோவென்று ஓடும். நீங்கள் கன்னத்தில் கை வைத்து உட்கார்ந்திருக்க வேண்டியதுதான்!.
[tscii:2a35a44866][/tscii:2a35a44866]

mokshani
3rd February 2008, 10:38 PM
Very true!! in those days Without any celebrity the ads used to attact lot of audience. Now a days, the story is different lot of ads has celebrities/movie actor/actress, they r high budget and very colorful.

My question is ,.... does anybody know if there is any award or top 1 advertisements on tv channels in india? the reason i am asking this question is....every year in US, there is a award program for the best ads. The creators of the best ad will be given an opportunity in the film industry.

mokshani
3rd February 2008, 10:55 PM
Talking abt latest advertisemnts...... i felt the "naukari.com" ad very funny and interesting... Its abt a very rude boss...... he tries to book a table at a restaurant, but the receptionist cant understand his name, so, his subbordinate tries to help and gives his boss name, hari sadu as H for hitler, A for arrogant, R for rascal and I for idiot. The other one help him ... S for shameless......... The boss looks confused/angry..... :lol: