PDA

View Full Version : A.R.Rahman & Rajinikanth Combo Albums

dinesh2002
19th March 2005, 08:50 AM
Just taut of this suddenly...after watching BABA yesterday..i really loved the songs differently now... i think the songs actually really suited the movie & Rajini well in that movie..the theme music is just too good...(eventhough some said its inspire from an western sountrack in 1977?- yea it has a the shades though)..anywayz..the BABA cinema cinama is just so good.... lets list out the great 3 albums together

1.Muthu
2.Padaiyappa
3.Baba

Next some say Jaggubhai..as Rahman already composed the intro song for Rajini in that film!! is the project still ON guys??

suddenly i started to like the ARR-RAJini combo songs allot........ give comments on thier combo....

ps : BABA songs r much much much better then chandramuki!!(not saying this coz im arrahman fan ok!)

jaaze
15th March 2009, 10:06 AM
Just taut of this suddenly...after watching BABA yesterday..i really loved the songs differently now... i think the songs actually really suited the movie & Rajini well in that movie..the theme music is just too good...(eventhough some said its inspire from an western sountrack in 1977?- yea it has a the shades though)..anywayz..the BABA cinema cinama is just so good.... lets list out the great 3 albums together

1.Muthu
2.Padaiyappa
3.Baba

Next some say Jaggubhai..as Rahman already composed the intro song for Rajini in that film!! is the project still ON guys??

suddenly i started to like the ARR-RAJini combo songs allot........ give comments on thier combo....

ps : BABA songs r much much much better then chandramuki!!(not saying this coz im arrahman fan ok!)

Sivaji The Boss 8-)
Sultan The Warrior 8-) 8-)
Enthiran The Robot 8-) 8-) 8-)

groucho070
17th March 2009, 02:25 PM
I voted for The Best.

In terms of ranking, here how I see it:

1. Baba
ARR translated Rajini's spirituality perfectly in this one. Brilliant background score (the "himalaya" scene literally have you hovering over the majestic location (actually entha ooru?). The fiesty Baba theme, and the low keyed more spiritual theme keep you on toe, and reflects Rajini's feelings throughout the film. I love the film, and I love the score better (Morricone connection a bit bothering, but I overlook it).

2. Sivaji
Note the transition in the theme and overall feel, as Rajini transforms from straigth Joe, to Singga paathai and finally Mottai Boss. ARR keeps it straight and fun. (again, I am complimenting the BGM here)

3. Muthu
The songs. The film that put Rajini in Japanese map. Need I say more. Vidukathaya song can draw tears even when you are not watching the movie.

4. Padaiyappa
The poorest of the lot (in ARR/Rajini context). I like few songs, and I am not too fond of the film either. Not in my fav list of both Rajini and ARR.

sarna_blr
17th March 2009, 02:49 PM
Groucho, almost mine is opposite to ur view :P

for me Padayappa is the best for Rajini+ARR combo :happydance:
1. andha maada kattittu nadappaarE oru nada, anga oru piece. :happydance: then "maam, just a minute" appadinu sollittu nadappaarE oru nada anga oru piece :happydance: ultimate piece vandhu oonjal scene
neelaambarikku seperate'aa oru piece especially wn she walks down from padikattu before oonjal scene :bow: :bow:

2. title card'la irundhE pattaya kelappuraar .... till the end :bow:

3. Muthu - two different BGMs for 2 Rajinis.... pamparapampampabapampaam is my favourite piece :happydance:

4. BABA has less rajinism and that "b to the a to the b to the a" was :cool2: ...

my view is only on rajinism bgm 8-)

jaaze
17th March 2009, 02:55 PM
Groucho, almost mine is opposite to ur view :P

for me Padayappa is the best for Rajini+ARR combo :happydance:
1. andha maada kattittu nadappaarE oru nada, anga oru piece. :happydance: then "maam, just a minute" appadinu sollittu nadappaarE oru nada anga oru piece :happydance: ultimate piece vandhu oonjal scene
neelaambarikku seperate'aa oru piece especially wn she walks down from padikattu before oonjal scene :bow: :bow:

2. title card'la irundhE pattaya kelappuraar .... till the end :bow:

3. Muthu - two different BGMs for 2 Rajinis.... pamparapampampabapampaam is my favourite piece :happydance:

4. BABA has less rajinism and that "b to the a to the b to the a" was :cool2: ...

my view is only on rajinism bgm 8-)

I agree :happydance:

groucho070
17th March 2009, 03:08 PM
Sari, sari, kuthikirathu nippattungoo...

I suppose I was influenced by the films themselves. And the feel ARR gave to it, and Baba is a very personal film for Rajini, and ARR nailed it, I think.

But of course, whatever you guys said are great stuff and there are more. Padaiyappa being the least fav of that list (NT irunthum, I say) pulled it several rank lower.

Roshan
17th March 2009, 08:02 PM
In terms of songs my rating is ...

1. Sivaji
2. Muthu
3. Padayappa
4. Baba