PDA

View Full Version : Adnan Sami

HindustaniLadka
18th March 2005, 05:59 AM
Any Adnan Sami fans out there?

RR
18th March 2005, 08:01 AM
Can't really say I'm a fan. But I once watched his show, his piano/keyboard playing is mind-boggling..!
Not much to say about him as a singer. His 'mehbooba' was catchy though. Is he singing a lot in Hindi?

HindustaniLadka
18th March 2005, 08:26 AM
Yeah, mostly. I've heard him singing some songs in Telugu films before.

RR
18th March 2005, 10:05 AM
Sings in tamil too. Apparently he charged one lakh for his song in 'sullaan'.
He released one private album recently right? Any good?

HindustaniLadka
18th March 2005, 10:29 AM
His new album, Teri Kasam, is pretty good. I like a few of the songs in it. I think his older albums are a lot better though. A few of the songs in the new album have a striking resemblance to some of his older songs and it seems like he just took older songs and changed the words.

Is one lakh considered a lot for a song in the film industry these days? I've been hearing that a lot of Bollywood people are moving to Tollywood and Kollywood films because they pay a lot more.

Deep_Secrets
20th March 2005, 09:45 AM
where are tollywood and kollywood :?:

HindustaniLadka
20th March 2005, 10:09 AM
Tollywood is the Telugu, Bengali and Orrisa film industry. Kollywood is the Malayalam and Tamil film industry.

RR
20th March 2005, 11:15 AM
Since when Malayalam joined Kollywood.. :?

Deep_Secrets
20th March 2005, 11:34 AM
Why is every film industry going for something-or-another wood? :roll:

HindustaniLadka
20th March 2005, 12:18 PM
I don't know. I always thought that all Indian films fell under the category of Bollywood until i started hearing people using the terms "Tollywood" and "Kollywood". I don't even know where these names came from. I know the B in Bollywood came from Bombay, but i have no idea where the T in Tollywood and K in Kollywood came from.

Correction to the statement i made in the above post: Kollywood only consists of the Tamil films industry.

Deep_Secrets
24th March 2005, 02:56 PM
Well, to be honest, I don't think Adnan Sami is a good singer. He is talented, but unfortunately, he doesn't have a good voice. That's my thoughts... :)