PDA

View Full Version : gangai amaran and the mother

puresoul1921
17th March 2005, 03:04 PM
hello friends,
i wanted to talk about gangai amaran's compositions on the mother.It is soul stirring.out of the world.Ever since i first heard it, it has been an experience for me everytime.I would've heard it a hundred times and i don't seem to get tired.Idon't know what's in his compositions on the mother that creates this unique feeling.Is it my devotion or is it his devotion permeating through my ears or is it the grace of the mother?If someone shares my feeling please do post it in this forum or even mail it to me at this ID puresoul1921@yahoo.co.in

hehehewalrus
18th March 2005, 08:02 AM
Puresoul, are u referring to a musical Album with the title AMMA?? Can you pls elaborate?

puresoul1921
18th March 2005, 05:27 PM
hi hehehewalrus,

yes, i was talking about the album amma by gangaiamaran.there's one more by gangaiamaran on the mother it's "ammavukku".the music is lilting.There are 10 songs in "amma" and all of them belong [there's no doudt in my mind] to the highest class.Barring a song by DEVA the album is brilliant.
The songs express your inner feelings that takes you to god especially when you are in trouble.Now when you are in trouble 'am sure sometimes your head rolls and you don't know what to do, it is at this point that gangaiamaran does such a fine job, he virtually speaks for you.i don't know if everyone can have the same feeling, but 'am sure anyone will be able to appreciate the lilting melodies by gangaiamaran in these 2 albums.Anyway thanks for showing interest.

scorpio
18th March 2005, 05:31 PM
Hi Puresoul,

Are the songs available anywhere online??

hehehewalrus
19th March 2005, 02:30 AM
Puresoul,
The album you mentioned , is the cassette sleeve red in color with AMMA engraved in an ellipse or a circle?? Can you confirm it?

3 years back I saw it in Planet M devotional section and since it had Gangai Amaran's name on it, wondered if Ilaiyaraja's fans could give a review of it. Searched everywhere on the net no review found :( Ultimately dropped the idea of buying it since there was no review. where were you then???

will definitely buy it next time.

hehehewalrus
19th March 2005, 02:33 AM
Hi Puresoul,

Are the songs available anywhere online??

it is not. I wish ilaiyaraja's name had been present on the cassette cover. If so, some guy would have surely put up the mp3 :D

puresoul1921
19th March 2005, 03:02 PM
hi friend,
am sure it's not there online.couldn't find it's review either.it IS the one in red.But i don't think it's out of stock.you'll find both the casettes in any audio shop.
gangaiamaran has kind of become the brand name for mother devotionals.i've got myself fooled a couple of times by the cover which quite prodigiously had his name.only later did i realize that the music is by someone else.Neverthless i hear it.It's something like this you scale the highest peak,and then somehow you don't have the same experience with others.
While ilayaraja certainly is the more talented of the siblings, you can certainly find more "from the heart" kind of stuffs from gangaiamaran.Even in his film karagattakaran which had nothing new in it, but just his "light" but "hearted" direction.