PDA

View Full Version : 9.30 - 10.00 = Vasant - ARRahman - Surya

dinesh2002
16th March 2005, 10:35 AM
THe project is revived!!!

Features: Magazine | Literary Review | Life | Metro Plus | Open Page | Education Plus | Book Review | Business | SciTech | Entertainment | Young World | Property Plus | Quest | Folio |

Metro Plus Bangalore Chennai Hyderabad

Back after a break

Director Vasanth used his break from mainstream cinema to explore new areas in filmmaking

Vasanth... turning to a new direction
AFTER A long sabbatical, director S.M.A Vasanth is all set to do a new movie. The film titled `9.30 to 10' is about the changes that take place in the lives of two people in 30 minutes. Actor Surya, who was introduced by Vasanth in Nerukku Naer, will play the lead role.

The last time the duo joined hands was for the romantic movie Poovellam Kettupaar. "The shooting will start in June. The script is ready. The main cast is yet to be finalised," says Vasanth.

"Surya has made his mark on the marquee. He has evolved as an actor. His recent performances only go to show this."

Why this long break? "I needed time to work on the script. Also, for this film I am still looking for the right artistes for the cast. I should be able to give what I want to the audience," he explains.

Vasanth says that the break helped him explore new areas— ad films, documentaries and corporate films. Some of his ad films were for Hayagrivas Silk House and Narasus Coffee. "Ads are a lot more challenging for you have to create an impact in just 30 seconds. I enjoy doing all kinds of films," he says.

"You also get to learn a lot. For a film on abrasives, I took time to study its properties." Does venturing into too many areas divert his focus? "Not at all. I never work on two projects simultaneously."

Vasanth is also working on a short film based on Ashokamitran's novel Thanneer. "Though the novel was written 25 years ago, the problems it highlighted still exist. Water problem is only a façade. The real issue is women's emancipation. The film explores all this," he says.

M. ALLIRAJAN

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/03/16/stories/2005031600250100.htm

svaisn
16th March 2005, 02:08 PM
ARR

Where is it mentioned?

Vaz
16th March 2005, 03:50 PM
If ARR is doing it... Man we are in for a real treat!
It will be a great album for sure.

Vasanth has always extracted some very good music from his MD's.

SPB-Radhika-Nina film (mannal intha kaathal indri...)
Aasai
Nerruku Ner
Poovellam Keatupar
Rythm
Yei Nee Romba Azhaga Irruka

NagaS
16th March 2005, 04:02 PM
When the first news abt this movie came, ARR was the MD - not sure if he is still doing it or vasanth exhausted the 'callsheet' given by ARR.

If ARR is doing it, we can expect something different, as Vasanth always concentrates on songs with innovative themes / good picturisation ... (ofcourse, there are exceptions like 'appu' :))

NagaS

NagaS
16th March 2005, 04:03 PM
SPB-Radhika-Nina film (mannal intha kaathal indri...)

vaz, its "KeLadi kaNmaNi"

dinesh2002
16th March 2005, 04:33 PM
yea....as some source said ARR has composed 3 -4 songs for the movie already....he kept it ready during vasanths finalisation....

kbee
16th March 2005, 08:26 PM
Not sure about that, but for ARR fans (i am an IR fan, but I am equally proud of what ARR has done at this young age) the real treat will be on Apr 16th...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/03/15/britain.lordofrings.ap/index.html

http://www.thelordoftheringsmusical.com/

sad
18th March 2005, 03:41 PM
Vasnath, Surya join hands, again

A one-time associate of director K Balachander, director Vasanth won a name for himself making many meaningful and decent movies.

But in an industry driven by hype and hoopla, his kind of low-key approach has very little takers.

Any way, after a long break, Vasanth is ready to wield the megaphone for a movie titled 9.30 to 10.

As the title suggests, it would be a movie about the thrilling happenings in the life of a hero between 9.30 and 10 on a rainy day.

It is an off-beat role and who better to play it in Kollywood than Surya these days.

Surya, who is busy with his Ghajini now, would play the lead role.

Surya and Vasanth's connection go a long way back.

Vasanth through Nerukku Ner introduced Surya to filmdom and the duo combined together for a movie titled Poovellam Kettupar.

On his comeback, Vasanth says, "the shooting will start in June. The script is ready. The main cast is yet to be finalized".

Surya has made his mark with his excellent performances in his recent films. He has evolved as an actor, Vasanth says of his hero.

Vasanth also says that he took a long time for this movie since he wanted to complete the script before beginning the shooting. "More over, I should be able to give what I want to the audience," he explains.

Vasanth is also working on a short film based on Ashokamitran's novel Thanneer. He says, "water problem is only a façade. The real issue is women's emancipation. The film explores all this," he says.

A serious and sensitive filmmaker, indeed.

dinesh2002
18th March 2005, 07:12 PM
hey man...it is by ARRahman right??how come no news on that!!

stone cold
20th March 2005, 04:10 PM
hey dinesh,

Bose released in M'sia?
where can i hear online?

dinesh2002
20th March 2005, 06:02 PM
no man..its not released in malaysia yet.... online ..not yet man..im also waiting..............

dinesh2002
20th March 2005, 06:20 PM
Vasanth’s big bluff!

By Moviebuzz
Sunday, 20 March , 2005, 12:01

Remember director Vasanth, an assistant to the great K.Balachandar who had made some memorable films like Rhythm and the forgettable Yeh Nee Romba Azhaga Irukke? After the disaster of YNRAI, the director was in hibernation for the last few years as no hero was willing to work with him.
Vasanth had introduced actor Surya in Nerukku Ner when Ajit refused to do the role. Later Surya also did Poovellam Kettuppar which also flopped. Now Vasanth claims that he is going to do a film with Surya in the lead titled 9.30 to 10!

But when Sify.com contacted Surya, he says: “After completing Ghajani in June, I am doing director Hari’s film for Saran. This will be followed by producer Mohan Natarajan’s film directed by Krishna and then it will be for Gautham Menon new film So when do you think I will get time to do Vasanth sir’s film?”.

We understand that the director has pulled a fast one hoping to get Surya’s date. Surya’s rise to the top has been slow but steady and the actor is careful about his career moves and is unlikely to do a Vasanth film again.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13697658

Vaz
21st March 2005, 09:38 PM
Thought that the movie to be directed by krishna was supposed to be produced by Thanu...

Anyway that is the one ARR should hopefully do!

dinesh2002
2nd November 2005, 07:21 PM
NO MORE 9:30 - 10.00 ???????????? :shock:

Vasanth on to his next
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, November 02, 2005]

Director Vasanth, after a brief exile from Kollywood, is all set to commence his next film, which is titled Satham Podathae meaning 'No Noise Please'.

After a string of failures in the recent past, Vasanth took a break from silver screen to direct a mega serial for a popular Tamil satellite channel.

According to Vasanth, ' I was waiting for a good script to make my re-entry in a big way. Thankfully, I have completed the script for Satham Podathae. It has come out really well.

The star cast has not been finalised yet. 'Once ready, I will commence shooting', he says.

Vasanth last few films in Tamil have not done well.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17803.html