PDA

View Full Version : Best Rajni Album

NagaS
15th March 2005, 03:23 PM
When listening to Chandramuki songs, I was thinking abt comments by some of my friends, "rajni's films never had much scope for muzik and this is best any MD can do for a movie like chandramuki"

Do you agree with this ? Which do you think is the best music album for a rajni flick ? (My answer is : Dhalapathi)

NagaS

Cinefan
15th March 2005, 03:40 PM
Naga,I also don't agree that good music cannot be given to a Rajni film,it's been done before.MY fav is also 'Dalapathi'

svaisn
15th March 2005, 07:08 PM
The Music was good in VEERA also....

NormalMan
15th March 2005, 07:31 PM
Jhonny - the best by IR and the best ever for Rajini.

NagaS
15th March 2005, 07:37 PM
Now I realised I should have created this under 'current topics' instead of 'ir's albums' ... admin, can you please help :-D

NagaS

dinesh2002
15th March 2005, 09:22 PM
i say muthu...dun 4get man.....the audio rocked japan too....btw...padaiyapa is also outstanding....dalapathi is thanks to IR - MR....not rajini....

interz
16th March 2005, 03:50 AM
I think Annamalai songs were best rajni songs

each song was masterfully composed by Deva

Vanthenda Paalkaaran, Kondaiyil Thaazhampoo, Vetri Nichayam, Oru Penpura, Annamalai Annamalai, and the bicycle song

slperson1
16th March 2005, 03:54 AM
I think as far as the new crop Rajini movies there isnt much scope for music.
Starting with Annamalai
Muthu & Padaiyappa are the best post Annamalai

Minsara Kanna makes Raa Raa look like nothing.

Dhalapathy and Veera were good too.I give credit to Dhalapathy to MR for not giving anything but the best.

Querida
16th March 2005, 10:57 AM
8) I very much adore Johnny, i think it is the very best Rajini album

the aformentioned albums are good examples as well
along with Dharmathin Thalaivin, I dont think there has been one Rajini album that does not have atleast one of my fav songs especially the Kamal-Rajini ones

Renault
16th March 2005, 06:29 PM
Ilayaraja is one music director who has synergised Rajini's all round screen presence with some good music.

Be it:

1. Action & Image - Podhuvaaga Yen Manasu (Murrattu Kaalai)

2. Soft Romantic Duets - Abundant (Mutthamizh kaviye, Pen maane sangeethan paadi vaa, santhana kaatrey...)

3. Pathos: Naan Ullukulla chakravarthy (Panakaaran)

4. Creative: Ada Maappillai (Siva)

High time Rajini switches back to the Maestro..

elese athitthomks will become thakida thithoms...

genesis
16th March 2005, 08:03 PM
Renault - How can you forget "Kadhalin Deepam Ondru"?

Yes - I also agree "Johnny" is the best album, but "Johnny" can not be classified as "Rajini" film, this film was before Rajini reached "Super Star" status.

So...
Dalapthi, Rajadhi Raja and Veera are good ones from IR. Muthu from ARR
Annamalai from Deva
Manithan from Chandrabose (many of you may not agree, but the songs of Manithan were very popular)

kbee
16th March 2005, 08:36 PM
Few more IR hits for Rajini

Ejaman
mullum malaraum
6lirunthu 60varai - after seeing this and mullum malarum I wonder why Rajini choosed to be action here, but thats where teh money is, look at poor kamal, still didnt get it and doing all he can to give the best movie!
Guru shisyan
Velaikaran
Mr Bharath

Actually tell me 1 Rajini movie with IR where the music is not good. Even Adhisaya piravi has good songs.

K
16th March 2005, 10:02 PM
MAAVEERANMAAVEERAN

app_engine
17th March 2005, 12:42 AM
mAveeran? It had a couple of good songs - nee koduthadha thiruppikkoduppEn & vAngadA vAnga indha vaNdikkuppinnAlE...both had stylish orchestration IMHO...

app_engine
17th March 2005, 12:54 AM
kbb, add adutha vArisu & nallavanukku nallavan to your list...

alias
17th March 2005, 01:09 AM
MUTHU, PADAIYAPPA, ANAMALAI, ADUTHA VARISU, RAJADHI RAJA. Thalapathy is MR album all the way. SStar does not deserve the credit.

vijayr
17th March 2005, 01:27 AM
The best "Rajni album" in the last 15 years IMO is Veera. Musically, Dalapathi might be superior but it has more of a Manirathnam-IR factor into it. When you are talking about a typical Rajni commercial film, I believe Veera wins with albums like Muthu, Mannan, Yejamaan etc. trailing behind closely. Veera had songs of several genres -devotionals, an aerobics song, dappanguthus, orchestral melodies etc. It had about 10 or 11 songs and was more diverse in its nature than the other albums mentioned above. Ironically, it turned out to be the last IR-Rajni film. Even "munnam seidha dhavam"(later used in Vanaja girija) I heard, was originally composed for Veera - in place of malaikovil vaasalil's tune. 2 songs from Veera(another one sung by Arunmozhi and not included in the film) were later used in Vanaja Girija.

kr
17th March 2005, 02:42 AM
How about:

Johny, Priya, Bhuvana Oru Kelvikuri, Mullum Malarum, Dharma Yudham, Annai Oru Alayam, Adutha Varisu, Thanga Magan, Murattu Kalai, Garjanai, Valli, Ejaman, Rajadhi Raaja, Ilamai Oonjaladugiradhu, Aval Appadithan, Anbulla Rajnikanth, Kai Kodukkum Kai along with Veera and Dhalapthi.

I doubt anyone else giving Rajni's films the range that IR has provided. People who say shoudl "Baasha" was Rajni's best album should listen to some of these albums listed above.

How about the best song for Rajni movie. My nomination would be for " Kanamaniye Kadhal Enbahtu" from 6ril irundhu 60 varai

vem
17th March 2005, 07:48 AM
Kali, Kazhugu, Anbukku naan adimai , maapilai, guru sishyan are missing. Naan vazha vaipen was also good.

But the best Rajini album IMHO would be Adutha Vaarisu. The problem with this album is "Aasai nooru vagai" song overshadowed more melodious songs such as Kaviriye, Pesa koodathu, Vaazhga raani etc. Music was rich in this album(Priya was also very grand).

But the best Rajini song would be "Ye Paadal onru" - What a melodious song !!! Raajavirku nooru kumbidu podalam indha oru paadalukkaga !!!

Cinefan
17th March 2005, 11:34 AM
But the best Rajini song would be "Ye Paadal onru" - What a melodious song !!! Raajavirku nooru kumbidu podalam indha oru paadalukkaga !!!

From which film is that from?

NagaS
17th March 2005, 11:50 AM

From which film is that from?

Priya :)

NagaS

Querida
18th March 2005, 01:02 AM
ok first of all best album should be all the songs I agree with most of the movies listed: Priya, Dalapathi etc. but other movies i do not find ALL the songs to be great there will always be one or two but all?

Cinefan
18th March 2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks Naga.I remember seeing the film looooooooooong back,I think it's based on a short story by Sujatha.Didn't like the film much&also have no memories of the songs.Should listen to them now.

NagaS
18th March 2005, 11:25 AM
not a short story cinefan, it was a novel 'priya', came as a thodar in Kumudam,

I've read the novel, but i didn't get a chance to view the movie !

NagaS

Cinefan
18th March 2005, 11:47 AM
I've read the novel, but i didn't get a chance to view the movie !

NagaS

If you ask me,you haven't missed anything.

Dig:Another popular film I didn't like at all was a KB one with Kamal,Rajni&Jayapradha shot completely in Singapore.Do you remember it's title?

NagaS
18th March 2005, 12:52 PM
ninaiththaalae inikkum ?

sujatha was involved in this movie also - vasanakartha I think, not sure if the story was also by him !

NagaS

Cinefan
18th March 2005, 03:55 PM
ninaiththaalae inikkum ?

NagaS

Yes that's the one.Boring movie,didn't like it one bit.

Querida
19th March 2005, 01:04 AM
i have not read either stories but after watching Priya and Ninaithalai Innikum i know there was a great lack of story line love the songs though, the movie is just purely commericial the amount of time wasted on siteseeing in Singapore...though it reminded me of my time living there, really not good use of movie time...i dont think they missed even one site all the way from Santosh Beach to Snake temple to even Tiger balm gardens

Thingazh
28th April 2005, 10:33 AM
Ninaithale inikkum is jus for pure entertainment value. It had humor and very nice songs by MSV... Rajini fans wld never forget Namma Ooru Singaari, Sambo, Thattiketka aaLillena songs as well as the weird, funny situations that Rajini gets into while searching for the "tape sundari" :wink:

Someone mentioned earlier in the posts that one cannot expect good songs from Rajini movie :?: Perhaps this is only happening in recent times where new MDs fails to bring out the unique style of composition for various actors. Whereas in the 70s & 80s or even 90s MDs like MSV & IR were able to create different style of composition for the various actors. When I listen to songs of that era I can immediate visualise the actor of that movie. I doubt one can do it nowadays. Of course this is only my opinion...

Fav Rajini albums (many to mention but here's some off my Head): Kazhugu, Johny, Adutha Vaarisu, Murattu kaalai, Netrikan, Thalapathy, Mullum malarum, Padikkathavan, Uzhaipazhi, Veera, Mannan, Thani Kaattu Raaja....

thumburu
28th April 2005, 02:02 PM
"NetrikaN" had the best score to match Rajini's superstardom.The bgm of this movie should be a lesson for those lesser MD's who get a lifetime chance to compose for a Rajini movie. It has all songs oozing with pure honey
-Ramanin mohanam
-Raja Rani Jacky
-Maapillaikku maaman manasu
-Theeraadha villaiyaattupillai

Vaz
28th April 2005, 04:07 PM
The two best movies for me as far as the music is concerned are definitly: Muthu and Thalapathy.

SN23
28th April 2005, 05:55 PM
Top 5 albums of Rajini
1. Thalapathi
2. Priya
3. Muthu
4. NetrikaN
5. Jhonny (though most of the songs are sung by female singers)

Ninaithale inikkum is an kamal movie and many songs are for him.

Movies
28th April 2005, 09:28 PM
Guys,

Let us rate Best intro song for Rajni!

Intro songsare the essence for Rajni Movies!

Arjuna
28th April 2005, 11:08 PM
Best Intro - Muthu - Oruvan Oruvan..

Best songs - Dalapathi, Muthu,Nallavanuku Nallavan and Priya

hehehewalrus
30th April 2005, 11:56 PM
Johnny
Priya
Nallavanukku Nallavan
Thalapathy
Pudhu Kavidhai
Arunachalam

coucou
1st May 2005, 12:52 AM
three best of albums of rajine are padayappa, muthu, thalapathy.

kalnayak
3rd May 2005, 03:58 PM
Johny, Priya, KaiKodukkum Kai, Pudhu kavithai, Dhalapathy, Veera, Muthu.:thumbsup:

dinesh2002
3rd May 2005, 04:04 PM
three best of albums of rajine are padayappa, muthu, thalapathy.

100% agree with u !!! the of the songs had perfect tuning,music,voice,etc etc!! the best in 3 is

1.Dhalapathy = Sundaru,Rakamma,Yamunai,China Thai aval
2.Muthu - Oruvan,Thilana,Vidhuthalaya,Kuluvalile
3.Padaiyappa - Minsara Kanna,Suthi Suthi , Vetri kodi kattu

wut u say guys!|?

Surya
8th May 2005, 12:42 AM
Priya, Jhonny, Mullum Malarum, Nettrikan, Veera, Thalapathy, Chandramukhi. :D

prashanth12
18th June 2005, 07:52 AM
However much I love Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu from Thalapathy, the best Rajini album for me is Ejamaan. Every single song filled it's purpose so effortlessly. Illayaraja just kept churning out masterpieces, and laughed as I stood in awe at what I had heard. Have you seen the opening song "Ejamaan Kaalladi"? Can you imagine any other song in it's place? It just represents the entire movie so well. What about the innocent "Allapol Vellapol" or the more sad "Nilave Mugam Kattu"? They are both excellent, and SPB shines, while Malaysia Vasudevan excels at his rendering of "Ejamaan Kaaladi" & "Idhiye". How can we forget "Adi Rakkumuthu Rakku", the party song which just couldn't sound better with SPB carrying it through.

Sanjeevi
8th July 2005, 03:51 PM
Hi NagaS,

where r u? what r u doing?

interz
24th July 2005, 03:53 PM
1. chandramukhi
2. baatsha
3. annamalai
4. muthu
5. veera
6. arunachalam