PDA

View Full Version : Sujatha On "Robo"

dinesh2002
13th March 2005, 12:03 AM
the photo is duplicate..but check out the article...published this year only ... 1.1.2005

Sujatha On "Robo":
Popular story writer, technological geek & dialogue writer Sujatha speaks on Shankar's unscreened "Robo".
Story discussion with Shankar is the most happiest thing in life. We would go to the Alangriha, a resort which is near Ooty, Kumaragam and Hyderabad. We will stay there and have the story discussion for some ten to fifteen days. At that time we were poised towards the story, story and story alone. We eat, drink and even brush upon the story itself. We will discuss upon it for day and nights and finally leave the station only when we are satisfied and the story is readily uploaded into our laptops.

After that we will leave each other for some time. I will prepare a draft for the story and send it to Shankar. He will see through it, make corrections if any and return it to me. I will recorrect any other missing parts or changable parts in the story. Another important thing is, the changes in the story will also be done only with each other's permission.

There was a contorversy when "Boys" was released. Some well wisher of me told me that the dialouges in the film are not mine, and asked me to stay clear of the controversy by making a statement that the dialouges are written by Shankar. But, I don't want to do that, because each and every lines of dialouges in that film are done under my supervision. "Boys" is really a good story, but for some reasons it did not suit many viewers.

The funniest thing is that if a film is a success, everybody who are the part of the film, including the light boys react in such a way that he is the owner of the story. But in the same case, if the story was a flop, every body puts the blame upon the director.

Me and Shankar have worked in five films till now. They are "Indian", "Mudhalvan", "Boys", "Robo" & "Anniyan".

When coming to "Robo", It is a very typical story with excellent screenplay and scripts. Kamal and Preity Zinta were the ones who were proposed to act in the story. But, due to unknown reasons the film could not be started. When I happened to watch Spielberg's "A.I", I wondered that we have done our story "Robo" better than that, and felt really sorry that we could not put it in the screens. But, I still belive that "Robo" will see the daylight some day

http://www.behindwoods.com/News/1-1-05/sujatha_robo.htm

stone cold
13th March 2005, 07:36 AM
I don't think so Shankar will work with Rahman anymore.
Moreover, Shankar is able to extract best music out of any music directors b'coz his style of working.With HJ, he got wat he wants 'RAHMAN SOUND' (although no originality).
I seriously think there might be some misunderstanding between shankar n arr.It all started when arr is missin in boys audio release function.
My personal opinion though.

dinesh2002
13th March 2005, 07:49 AM
I don't think so Shankar will work with Rahman anymore.
Moreover, Shankar is able to extract best music out of any music directors b'coz his style of working.With HJ, he got wat he wants 'RAHMAN SOUND' (although no originality).
I seriously think there might be some misunderstanding between shankar n arr.It all started when arr is missin in boys audio release function.
My personal opinion though.

we dunno bout his capabilty on extracting from other md....coz we havent get a glimpse on aniiyan yet...but sofar what i heard shankar-other md (ayyapa - boys)....his music taste is 100%OUT!!!

Jacky
13th March 2005, 02:28 PM
He'll come back to ARR. Shankar is not a big cheese in Bollywood so ARR's music would be the selling point. And Shankar is a smart guy to realize this. But i feel Robo is shelved forever.

stone cold
13th March 2005, 03:44 PM
He'll come back to ARR. Shankar is not a big cheese in Bollywood so ARR's music would be the selling point. And Shankar is a smart guy to realize this. But i feel Robo is shelved forever.

HOPE SO......

NormalMan
14th March 2005, 12:15 AM
In all your earlier films, the highlights were the chartbusters from A. R. Rahman. Now with "Anniyan," you are teaming up with Harris Jayaraj for the first time. Do you miss Rahman?

I agree that Rahman and I have clicked in a big way, but both of us have decided to go our separate ways. And working with Harris is an experience, and he has given me some amazing tunes, which, I assure you, are going to be mind blowing.

More here,
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/03/11/stories/2005031101810100.htm