PDA

View Full Version : Tamil Professor, George L. Hart, USA- What do you think....

Ilavenil
10th March 2005, 11:32 AM
I came to know of the role Geogre L. Hart played in getting Tamil, the classical language status. Naan avar tamizhil pesakettu asanthu poivittaen. What do you think of this American achieving something which a Tamilan couldn't? I am really proud of him. Though this is not a hot news, I just wanted to know your opinion. For those who are interested in knowing what he wrote here is the link

http://tamil.berkeley.edu/Tamil%20Chair/TamilClassicalLanguage/TamilClassicalLgeLtr.html

Here is the link for the radio program silicon solai, Bay Area, USA about this topic
http://www.siliconsolai.com/

geno
11th March 2005, 03:17 AM
Ilavenil! :)

Prof. Hart is a very well-known name in the Forumhub atleast for the past 5 years! :D

Some of the earlier hubbers like Kumar Kumarappan and ex-moderators of this hub like BB, have even met him in the Bay Area and discussed with him in person, i believe! :)

The write-up of Prof hart that you have given above - is probably the most widely circulated document in support of Thamizh as Classical language, on the net! :D

It is indeed a Joy to note that an american shares so much of passion in seeing to it that thamizh gets it's due exalted status as one of the Primary Classical languages of the world - while some of our own countrymen and worse - our brothern speak and write such ignorant rants - as to "what is the use of classical status" - without making an iota of an effort to understand the implications of such a great and prestigious status.

More universities around the world - would now open more Thamizh chairs and newer thamizh research departments - which would go a very long way in preserving, propagating our thamizh! :D

Ilavenil
11th March 2005, 06:58 AM
yen tamizh gnanam migavum kuraivu yenpathai ninaithu vetkappadugiraen. But I think I have enough time to know about it and do something for it. Better to be late than never, right? Thanks for the reply.