PDA

View Full Version : Shah Rukh Khan

Pages : [1] 2

channam
9th March 2005, 12:16 PM
do you think Shah Rukh is really a versatile actor or its the media hype that is keeping up his image.

I have the idea that he is typecast actor, and doens't have any variety in acting. But not in the case of Amair KHan, Ajay Devgan they can handle every type of character with ease.

nirosha sen
12th March 2005, 10:24 AM
Yup, I agree that Shah Rukh is an exceptionally talented actor. He is excellent in character roles. The dance routine is good too, but for a real actor, he is best remembered for impressionable, character roles, Pa!!

Shah Rukh should continue exploring these options and leave the dances to the younger crowd of actors, who are like a dime a dozen by the way!!

vincent
12th March 2005, 11:13 AM
he's a gifted actor really great
long live SRK

Sandeep
14th March 2005, 12:39 PM
An actor looses his gift once he sees acting just as a money making option and stop enjoying it (for that mater any job). And that is what has happening with Sharukh. Remember him in Fauji and his earlier movies. But now he is just a star who will dance in your marraige if you have the money to pay him.

I dont blame him, because he has made it clear that he sees acting as just a profession.

HindustaniLadka
16th March 2005, 12:09 PM
I think he is a good and versatile actor. Personally, i do not like a lot of his older films(ones that came before Dilwale Dulhanija Le Jayenge). I think he is doing much better now. I think he has realized that is better to spread good values through films tahn to make pointless masala films. I don't know whether he is in acting purely for money or not, so i won't comment about that.

sahana6
18th March 2005, 10:31 AM
i agree srk is a really good actor.has anyone seen veer zara or swades?

HindustaniLadka
18th March 2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, i've seen both of them. I think they were both pretty good. Veer Zaara was very long though.

channam
19th March 2005, 12:18 PM
SHAH RUKH is the best. He will remain the KING KHAN forever. :D

sahana6
22nd March 2005, 07:31 AM
funny when u say king knhan cause i was at the movie store n picked up a cd called super hits - king khan.i lokked at it n i saw guess whose face???? slaman khan.i thought it was skr n then i find out it was salman khan. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: nice uh??

HindustaniLadka
22nd March 2005, 07:55 AM
lol. All three of the Khans(Salman, Aamir and Shahrukh) are called the king Khans.

catre
23rd March 2005, 02:58 AM
I want immeadiate reply! WHO THINK THAT THE SOUTH INDIAN FILM INDUSTRY, THE MEN THINK THAT THERE BIG, UGLY, DISGUSTING MUSTACHES LOOK GOOD (CHIRANJEEVI, TELEGU)? IF THEY DONT GET A NEW "LOOK" THOSE UGLY PEOPLE, I THINK I WILL PUKE! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: PLEASE REPLY SOMEONE!

HindustaniLadka
23rd March 2005, 06:09 AM
WOW. Someone that actually shares the same views on Telugu films as me. :D

yeah, i hate the way people in Telugu films look. They all look like idiots and the films represent the worst of society. Telugu films make Telugu speaking people look bad(i'm a telugu speaker). The reason why they cast such hideous people is because the directors or producers are ussually related to them. The films are madevery qucikly and the producers try to spend as little money as possible, so they cast their own relatives regardless of how they look. One thing i never understood was how Chiranjeevi became so famous(i know he has done some social work and all...but he is still a horrible actor). He is a big, fat, and ugly guy that can't act or dance properly. Even the actresses these days are getting uglier and fatter.

Anyway, lets create a new thread for more discussion on this topic.

sahana6
23rd March 2005, 07:17 AM
i would if i could but im not telugu.....

sanju
23rd March 2005, 01:08 PM
sharukh is really a good actor. but he cant be called as a great actor untill he does anything different. look at akshay kumar. he is not the same khiladi boy now. just look at the roles he is doing now. anti-hero in ajnabi, warrior poet in athws, action hero in khakki, angry young man in insaan. he is really growing as an actor.
sharukh is an actor who doesnt look for variety. ajay devgan is another versatile actor who can do any kind of roles. sharukh will remain as the king khan of bollywood, but he cant be considered as a great actor.

ramsri
3rd April 2005, 01:14 PM
shah rukh khan is definitely NOT a great actor! i think his talents as an actor are extremely limited and his success can be attributed to the fact that he knows those limits and stays within them.

it wouldn't be very fair to call him an extraordinarily versatile actor either - one look at his body of work tells you that he hasn't gone through an amazing range of roles. even for films like "Asoka" or "Devdas" where you would've expected the lead actor to really get into the skin of the character and bring out a radically different performance, shahrukh's portrayals just seemed to be scratching the surface. there was not much insight or depth to his acting in those roles. in contrast, with films like "DDLJ" and "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and "Kabhi Khushi..." where the characters he plays are good-goody and just require him to charm his way through the role - basically, just being himself, he comes out a winner.

ramsri
3rd April 2005, 01:24 PM
but for all his shortcomings, he's still an enormous success - and i believe he really does deserve the credit for that. even his worst critics will admit that the guy's got screen presence. you can like him, or you can hate him, but you definitely can't ignore him.
also, as i said, he fully understands his limitations as an actor - he understands that he's no aamir khan or naseeruddin shah - he realizes that there are certain roles he just can't do, so he doesn't even try.

also, everything he does within the "mainstream" - roles like "Main Hoon Na", "Kal Ho Na Ho", and of course, old favourites like "Dilwale...", "Dil to Pagal Hai" etc. are instantly lapped up by audiences. on the other hand, the ones where he makes an honest attempt to be different, like "Dil Se..", "Asoka", "Josh" are summarily rejected. i guess this just reinforces his faith that he has a loyal audience who like him best when he sticks to his usual image. so he does.

all in all, shah rukh khan can be called an INTELLIGENT actor - a SMART actor, definitely. a DIRECTOR'S actor, maybe - because even people like mani ratnam have said that it's a pleasure to direct him. a LIKEABLE actor, yes - for evergreen roles like "Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa"

but a GREAT actor ???? nope, don't think so.

sanju
4th April 2005, 02:39 PM
ramsri, you are absolutely right. swadesh was a different film and sharukh gave one of his finest performance. still it didnt work at the box office. so it is not his fault if he believes that people want to see him only in colourful formula films. i personally think that his best performance was in bazigar.

Surya
5th April 2005, 03:19 AM
I'm not really a Shah Rukh fan, but I just saw Veer Zaarha. :clap: :clap: :clap: EExcellent Movie!!!! :clap: Maybe not for SRK, but just EXCELLENT!!!!

Sandeep
5th April 2005, 02:34 PM
I'm not really a Shah Rukh fan, but I just saw Veer Zaarha. :clap: :clap: :clap: EExcellent Movie!!!! :clap: Maybe not for SRK, but just EXCELLENT!!!!

I didnt like Veer Zaara. The story has no naturality. There two much scripter intervension to achieve the final climax. SRK was below average in it.

trivik12
6th April 2005, 07:03 AM
Shahrukh was great in Kabhi haan Kabhi Naa. Very underrated performance, great music Jatin Lalit and ofcourse great direction by kundan shah. I also loved in Shah Rukh in Fauji/Circus TV days.

Post DDLJ (which was good) he was continuously slotted in soft romantic/Family dramas.They got worse KKHH KBKG KHNH MHN .

Not a great actor like Aamir but a superstar with a great screen presence.

Surya
6th April 2005, 07:12 AM

I didnt like Veer Zaara. The story has no naturality. There two much scripter intervension to achieve the final climax. SRK was below average in it.

I agree, SRK was below average. But I simply loved the dialouges, ,the end was much better than what I'd expected, Hema, and Amit were cool, it was a nice watch. Much better than the other movies that I had seen lately like Dhoom etc.

PS: How was Dhoom and VZ's box-office performence?

Regards.

HindustaniLadka
6th April 2005, 07:27 AM
Dhoom and Veer Zaara did quite well at the box office. They are even making a sequel to Dhoom.

Surya
6th April 2005, 07:33 AM
A sequel? COOL!! I like dhoom. There were some flawed scenes, but overall, it was pretty cool.

m_23_bayarea
12th April 2005, 01:57 AM
Well, one can't complain SRK for not playing a variety of roles. The reason is, once a Star becomes a SuperStar, he's entitled to stick to his image, because he needs to satisfy those 'certain' expectations that people have for him. Well, Amitabh could only be in action roles earleir in his career and all masala flicks after that. Rajinikanth in Tamil cannot afford to experiment. No complaints, because these guys are like money making machines for the producers. If they deviate from their image driven formulas, and if those movies don't click at the box-office, the loss is enormous. So why do all that? That's why we have Aamir in Hindi and KamalHassan in Tamil...

Surya
13th April 2005, 05:48 AM
Ur actually comparing Kamal Hassan an Amir Khan? Kamal is like a mountain, and Amir is like a pile of dirt on the ground when compared to Padmashree Kamalhassan. :)

Deep_Secrets
13th April 2005, 05:58 AM
Lata Mangeshkar's favorite actor is Amir Khan :shock: ...Anyway, I liked Shah's acting in K3G and Chaahat...he was super...

sahana6
13th April 2005, 06:40 AM
in dhoom 2 hrithik is taking johns place

Surya
14th April 2005, 07:39 AM
But John is Dead though... :?

Kherkhaw
20th April 2005, 07:38 PM
Shah Rukh is the king. He is perhaps the only one having a perfume named after him by Jeanne Arthes.

check rest of the story here (http://www.aziaportal.com/article471.html).

sanju
21st April 2005, 12:19 PM
Lata Mangeshkar's favorite actor is Amir Khan :shock: ...Anyway, I liked Shah's acting in K3G and Chaahat...he was super...

funny :D , thanks for your kind information, as i wasnt aware of the fact that lata mangeshkar is the one who decides the best actor of the country. amir khan is a good actor, but please dont compare him to a leagend like kamal.

Deep_Secrets
21st April 2005, 12:28 PM

funny :D , thanks for your kind information, as i wasnt aware of the fact that lata mangeshkar is the one who decides the best actor of the country. amir khan is a good actor, but please dont compare him to a leagend like kamal.

Oh! :roll: I am not comparing him with Kamal or I am not even saying he is my favorite...Just found it funny that Lata's favorite is him. :P

How did Kamal come in here? I thought this was a thread on Shahrukh Khan? I didn't even read the posts before me :P

sanju
21st April 2005, 12:34 PM
thats nice. i like amir, as the guy has great screen presence. i still believe that sharukhs best film is bazigar. by the way this thread is not about amir too. :D

Deep_Secrets
22nd April 2005, 03:26 AM
People were discussing Kamal or Hritikh in here before I posted :P :P :P

bambal_khan
23rd April 2005, 07:43 PM
please dont compare kamal hassan with aamir khan. there is no comparision. kamal hassan is an old fool who overacts and makes really crappy movies which are super flops. On the other hand aamir khan is the most versatile actor in India and has had so many hits to his credit. aamir khan also has the padmashee award, to inform the black tamil moron surya who think only the ugly egocentric flop actor kamal hassan has it.
face it, kamal hassan just overacts and uses the same expressions over and over again. except for tamil nadu no one gives a shit about kamal hassan anywhere in india, whereas aamir khan is very popular all over india.

Surya
23rd April 2005, 11:43 PM
Bambal ji,
This obviously shows ur lack on knoledge in Kamal Hassan films! :lol:

Question: How come Kamal has won a Padmashree, being mainly a South Indian Actor, and Amir Kahn has not, being a northie?? :lol2:

HindustaniLadka
24th April 2005, 08:50 AM
Guys, dont get into regional warfare in the movies forum. All actors have their strong and weak points. Anyway, comparing the Shahrukh and Kamal Hasan is like comparing apples and oranges.

Bambal, dont bring skin color into this. There are many Tamils with very fair skin and there are also many Northern Indians with dark skin...so the assumption that all Tamils have dark skin is idiotic. For example, Hema Malini is a Tamil...but she has fair skin and Abishek Bachan is from Northern India, but he has dark skin.

sanju
24th April 2005, 12:11 PM
please dont compare kamal hassan with aamir khan. there is no comparision. kamal hassan is an old fool who overacts and makes really crappy movies which are super flops. On the other hand aamir khan is the most versatile actor in India and has had so many hits to his credit. aamir khan also has the padmashee award, to inform the black tamil moron surya who think only the ugly egocentric flop actor kamal hassan has it.
face it, kamal hassan just overacts and uses the same expressions over and over again. except for tamil nadu no one gives a **** about kamal hassan anywhere in india, whereas aamir khan is very popular all over india.

this is not the spirit. of course you can argue, but please mind your language.

knightracer81
28th April 2005, 08:18 PM
Shah Rukh is certainly not a versatile actor!!!! If he is a great actor , he should get at least one National Award. Well its not the think abt the National Award . He always has the same image in all his movies - the same oh cho cute ...cho chweet stuff!!!!!!!!!!

The same romantic stuff in all his movies. He also tends to overact !!!! I was laughing when I saw him do the emotional and shocking scene when the boy dies -in ASHOKA.

His got attitude. thts all. The only outstanding movies I feel of his are
Darr, Bazzigar, Anjaam, DDLJ , Devdas, thts it. He has overacted to the core in Ram Jaane, Duplicate, Baadshah, the list is long. He BUYS his Filmfare awards.

For 2000 FilmFare awards, when Hritik Roshan got maximum awards.... Shah Rukh was given Critics award for PBDH OR SOME MOVIE EVEN WHEN SANJAY DUTT DESERVED IT 100% FOR HIS MINDBLOWING PERFORMANCES IN MISSION KASHMIR AND VAASTAV. ANIL KAPOOR FOR PUKAR. BUT ANIL WAS REWARDED THRU THE PROPER WAY WHEN HE GOT HIS NATIONAL AWARD FOR PUKAR.

FOR ZEE AWARDS 2003 , WHEN HRITIK GOT BEST ACTOR KMG , SHAH RUKH GOT SPECIAL WARD FOR KAL HO NA HO . THE THING IS EVEN WHEN BEST ACTOR PRIZES ARE GIVEN TO OTHER ACTORS , SHAH RUKH WILL ALWAYS GET SOME CONSOLATION!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!! Salman was GOOD in TERE NAAM

FOR 2004 AGAIN SHAH RUKH IS GETTING AWARDS FOR MAIN HOON NAA , VEER ZARA , THE USUAL SAME STUFF. EVEN WHEN AMITABH Bachan GAVE EXPLOSIVE PERFORMANCES IN Khakee, Dev.
Akshay Kumar was excellent in Mujse Shaadi Karoge and Aitraaz and even Khakee.

Now I have understood one thing, even if any actor acts superbly in any movie , he will never get an award as long as Shah Rukh Khan has a release that year. Tch tch very bad. No wonder AAMIR KHAN DOES'NT BELIEVE IN AWARDS!!!!!!

Surya
29th April 2005, 12:09 AM
I"m not a big SRK fan. But I saw Swadesh yesterday! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent movie!! Not for SRK. I personally think that Hrithik would have been better in that role. But the movie was great. And SRK had very little to do with it. But excellent movie. MHN was a good movie, I liked SRK in that one.

sanju
29th April 2005, 12:09 AM
filmfare, zee awards were always considers the popularity of the stars. and sharukh is the greatest star of hindi films. so how can be an award ceremony be complete without him. in 2004, actually it was amitabh who deserved the filmfare awards for his powerpacked perfomances in khakee and dev. so filmfare awards doesnt count towards the calibre of an actor. sharukh is a good actor but can never be compared with amitabh or naseruddin shah.

chaotic whisperz
18th May 2005, 09:36 PM
SRK is an excellent actor, even close to the great AMITABH

HindustaniLadka
19th May 2005, 12:49 AM
SRK is an excellent actor, even close to the great AMITABH

I agree. He probably has more fans thatn any other actor in the world. He and his films (and most other bollywood films) are loved in Eastern Euope, East Asia, SouthEast Asia, South Asia, the MIddle East, South America and even in Africa.

chaotic whisperz
19th May 2005, 11:30 PM
i dont think ive ever seen a bad SRK film

HindustaniLadka
20th May 2005, 12:28 AM
Yeah, almost all of his films are great (Chalte Chalte and Yeh Lamhe Judai Ke werent too great...Chalte Chalte had a stupid storyline, but hte music was good...yeh Lamhe Judai Ke was extremly tedious to watch and it made no sense at all).

SRKs recent films like Kal Ho Na Ho, K3G, Veer-Zaara, Swades, Main Hoon Na, etc. were all taken very well and had good storylines. They aren't biased to any side of the country or the world and they all have great soundtracks.

lordstanher
22nd May 2005, 09:29 AM
kamal hassan is an old fool who overacts and makes really crappy movies which are super flops.....face it, kamal hassan just overacts and uses the same expressions over and over again. except for tamil nadu no one gives a **** about kamal hassan anywhere in india.

First of all, get his name rite- its Kamal Haasan, NOT Hassan!! Get it??! :evil: :banghead:

chaotic whisperz
27th May 2005, 10:53 PM
kamal hassan is an old fool who overacts and makes really crappy movies which are super flops.....face it, kamal hassan just overacts and uses the same expressions over and over again. except for tamil nadu no one gives a **** about kamal hassan anywhere in india.

First of all, get his name rite- its Kamal Haasan, NOT Hassan!! Get it??! :evil: :banghead:

does it really make that much of a difference?!?!

SRS
29th May 2005, 12:41 PM
What do you guys think of SRK's performance in Kuch Kuch? I thought it was pretty good.

chaotic whisperz
31st May 2005, 10:56 PM
What do you guys think of SRK's performance in Kuch Kuch? I thought it was pretty good.

SRK is great in everything

nilavupriyan
2nd July 2005, 05:37 PM
do u think sharuk khan acts.huh!!!!!!
he stammers like
a......ah.....apple
b......be.....boy
c......ce.......cat
d.......de....dog...with a goat voice.

he is not near to kamal haasan in terms of acting.u north indians doesnt have any nativity and creativity.u copy everything from western world(from under wear to shirt).
dont just compare some rubbish actors like sharuk to legends like
kamal haasan.
did sharuk win a national award once?
kamal haasan-3 times national award,2 times best asian actor award,18 times filmfare award.mind it

many **** like bambal_khan dont have real taste.
dont put a question on kamals acting.he had proved already with lots of awards.let sharuk get one valid award first.(may be he may get for mimic talent :lol: :lol: )

MADDY
2nd July 2005, 10:57 PM
i think SRK is an equally good actor as Kamal Hassan........just watch his swades, wat natural acting...simply superb........i think i have never seen a kamal movie where he has not done "overacting".........

nilavupriyan
3rd July 2005, 07:51 AM
how much kamal haasan's movies have u seen.thats my question.
have u seen
1)nayagan(national award(best actor))
2)guna
3)indian(national award(best actor))
4)kuridhi punal
5)pushpak(pesum padam)
6)sikappu rojakkal
7)16 vaythiniley
8)swathi muthyam(best asian actor award)
9)sagara sangamam(best asian actor award)
10)moonram pirai(national award(best actor))

heyy....plz know about kamal haasan's real talent and then post.ok!!!!!!!!

i again say
sharuk khan STAMMERS LIKE
a......ah.....apple
b......be.....boy
c......ce.......cat
d.......de....dog...with a goat voice. (is it acting)

hmmmmm.....,another thing.u dont have to accept about kamal's acting ,as the world accepts(2 times best asian actor award and the producer and director of the film virumaandi which is awarded as best asian film)

im asking urs sharuk to first prove atleast 10% what kamal haasan has proved about his ability.
till then dont compare him with the legend KAMAL HAASAN.

chaotic whisperz
3rd July 2005, 08:01 AM
^ this dude is an idiot

nilavupriyan
3rd July 2005, 08:07 AM
have u seen
2)guna
4)kuridhi punal
5)pushpak(pesum padam)
6)sikappu rojakkal
7)16 vaythiniley

i again say
a......ah.....apple
b......be.....boy
c......ce.......cat

hmmmmm.....,another thing.u dont have to accept about kamal's acting ,as the world accepts(2 times best asian actor award and the producer and director of the film virumaandi which is awarded as best asian film)

im asking urs sharuk to first prove atleast 10% what kamal haasan has proved about his ability.

MADDY
3rd July 2005, 09:50 AM
mr.nilavupriyan, i was born in Chennai and lived there for 15 yrs b4 i shifted to Mumbai........so i've seen almost all kamal movies.....Nayagan is my all time fav......but i wont retract from my statement that Kamal overacts.......

and 1 more thing.....ella ungalakkuthan theriyumnnu nenaikadhinga.....watching 10 kamal movies more than me doesnt make u Bill Gates.......

Alien
3rd July 2005, 10:18 AM
have u seen
2)guna
4)kuridhi punal
5)pushpak(pesum padam)
6)sikappu rojakkal
7)16 vaythiniley

i again say
a......ah.....apple
b......be.....boy
c......ce.......cat

U r absolutely rite Nilavupriyan :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

How stupid can someone be to compare Kamal with Sharukh in terms of acting :hammer:
Sharukh can only do that happy-go-lucky guy character convincingly....
Kamal Haasan is the Ultimate, Sharukh is a speck of dust infront of Kamal in acting :thumbsup: 8)

I know i'm going to be pounced by the chaotic ppl 4 this post :lol2:

MADDY
3rd July 2005, 12:22 PM
okkkkk give me 1 instance or one movie where kamal has done 1.natural acting
2.Adakki vaasikkaradhu
3.Not dominated his co-stars
4.over-pisthathanam

answer me vasanth......

SRK is caught up in a viciuos cycle of worthless romantic movies from which he cannot escape........otherwise he has gud versatality.......ivalavu paesaringale- have u watched Swades and Dilse????

nilavupriyan
3rd July 2005, 12:28 PM
maddy do u want a list
i shall give
see
1)sathi leelavathi
2)16 vayathiniley
3)guna
4)sippikkul muthu
he had underpalyed in these films.i bet noone can give such a smooth and wonderful performance he gave in sathileelavathi.they are many other films too.ok??????

another question
do u think sharuk has acted well in dil se....so pity of u

next thing.u mention about dominating.huh!
if other actors doesnt perform upto his level he seems to be dominating.thats not his problem.for instance see devar mahan.till shivaji is on screen kamal will have no effect.shivaji seems to be dominating.thats not shivaji's problem.similarly if others dont do well its not kamal's problem.

then u mention over-pisthathanam.r u really steady
becoz kamal is the only artist who doesnt do over pisthathanam.
from rajini to dhanush(pilaka payyan)do over pisthathanam with some heroism songs and fights.kamal broke that shakkles.actually shivaji and kamal who didnt do this over pisthathanam.mostly all others did it

Alien
3rd July 2005, 01:24 PM
okkkkk give me 1 instance or one movie where kamal has done 1.natural acting
2.Adakki vaasikkaradhu
3.Not dominated his co-stars
4.over-pisthathanam

answer me vasanth......

SRK is caught up in a viciuos cycle of worthless romantic movies from which he cannot escape........otherwise he has gud versatality.......ivalavu paesaringale- have u watched Swades and Dilse????

Maddy! Nilavu priyan has already given u a good answer...Anyway from my part....It seems u hate somthing in Kamal...donno what....
But saying that he does not do
1)Adakki vaasikaradhu
and does
2)over pisthathanam
doesn't make any sense mate!!!! Those words r not in relevance with Kamal at all!!
He's the one who shackled the heroism/hero worship stuff in Tamil cinema with a film like Guna...I believe i don't need to go more abt that film..........He's the one, even after having tasted enormous success earlier in his life with even crap films like "Sakala kala vallavan"........ , still prepared to play a role like Guna, or for that matter even "Mumbai Xpress" Avinashi(A role of not much importance to hero or a role where hero is also just another character), or Sathi leelavathi...and i can list more n more.....in a tamil field where even brats like dhanush play Super human.........

And natural acting :rotfl: , what do u mean? SRKs acting in Kal ho naa ho :lol: , if then yeah, Kamal can't.....He can only act like 16 Vayathinile,Mahanathi,Appu,Nayagan................ ............................

Ok mate, u r entitled to ur view, but there is this fact that Kamal is a living Legend not just for acting...................but also for a lot of things.......
Though SRK is smart too, knows his limits well......Thats one thing i like abt him...... Swades his acting was good, but dil se :rotfl:
I don't have any complaints on him as long as he does what can be done by him. I just couldn't tolerate this absurd comparison.....

And as i said u r entitled to ur views, but don't ridicule someone by camparisons like this......And if u don't like someone, thats allrite, but don't say bad just for the sake of saying somthing bad.....
No hard feelings :thumbsup:

MADDY
3rd July 2005, 06:49 PM
pull arachi poiduchuppa... :lol: .....nilavupriyan and vasanth......gr8 posts.....well, i always give a lot of weightage to natural acting- that's y i dunt like kamal in many of his movies.....any movie that i see of kamal's, i know, kamal is acting in that movie.......i have never felt the character watching the movie........but i cud see Mohan bhargav in swades and not srk, simliarly i cud see munnabhai in Munnabahai MBBS and not sanju baba, but i always cud see kamal in Vasoolraja....of course they were good in these movies only i shuld say.......hope u got wat i meant......

the instances where he has dominated his co-stars:
1.Vetri Vizha - Prabhu hardly had any impact
2.Kurudhi punal - Arjun had a 15-yr old daughter and he himself had a 5 yr-old son- yendha ooru nyayam????
3. Anbe sivam- he f**** my thalai (maddy) so badly that he is no more in Tamil industry now........
4.Hey ram - y the heck did he need a bollywood superstar for such a insignificant role...........it clearly shows his arrogance........

but having said all this, i know he is a gr8 genius and a gr8 actor, and a gr8 comedian - i love his Micheal madhana kamaraj and singara velan still......

nilavupriyan
3rd July 2005, 06:59 PM
i again say it
kamal can underplay
do natural acting and
at times do overacting if necessary

he can any type of acting.
1)whether arjun is a super star before acting in kuridhi punal :lol: :lol:
2)as for as anbe sivam madhavan had a nice charecter.to be correct .,its a picture of his lifetime.will madhavan get a role like this ever again.madhavan and u must thank kamal for giving such an oppurtunity.

kamal vazhka

Alien
4th July 2005, 08:04 AM
Whatever u say Maddy, I know thats(Kamal dominates) one thing, ppl who want to hate Kamal uses to justify them...............

And this complain doesn't arise with other Tamil stars simply bcos they r not even prepared to act with another big hero(I assume Arjun,Prabhu,Maddy r big heroes :lol: since u wished that way)....Would Rajni have said Ok to act with Arjun in Kuruthipunal,if was asked???? ............
What did Prabhu do in Chandramukhi? .........
Even stars like Vijay,Ajith..have said it clearly that they r not gonna act in 2 heroes subject........

And regarding Anbe Sivam, thats my all time no.1 Kamal film..Don't think i'm just saying like that here, if u check in tamil films section u would see I, some months ago listed my top10 kamal movies in a thread abt Kamal..........Mathavan shud always be thanking Kamal 4 asking him to act in such a wonderful film......
Hey Ram - SRK knew that it was a guest role and he accepted it 4 Kamal, he could have said no, but he didn't..........Good on him......Kamal needed SRK to span the hindi market....Kamal knew it was an offbeat film and very slim chances to churn as a HIT....so there..........

Kamal :thumbsup:

HindustaniLadka
4th July 2005, 08:22 AM
What is so great about Kamal? I have seen a few movies with him i nthem and none of them were anything special. In every movie he was trying to hog the camera...and that is pretty much it. He may have been a very good actor early on..but no he is just average and he is using his old reputaion to make money...

Alien
4th July 2005, 08:29 AM
What is so great about Kamal? I have seen a few movies with him i nthem and none of them were anything special. In every movie he was trying to hog the camera...and that is pretty much it. He may have been a very good actor early on..but no he is just average and he is using his old reputaion to make money...

Don't talk bulls*it with ur limited knowledge abt him :x What movie did u see of him? Have u seen his Virumaandi(2004) or Anbe Sivam(2003) ? He has wo so many awards from all over the world....He never buys any awards :lol2: ......

HindustaniLadka
4th July 2005, 08:35 AM
Lets see, i have seen Mumbai Express, "Dance MAster", and some movie that was a copy of a hollywood film..i think it was called Thenali. Also, don't talk bulls*it with you limited knowledge of SRK :D ...he has more fans than any other star(even Amitabh) on the planet...and 99% of his films are extremly good. Have you seen Veer-Zaara, Kal HOna Ho, Paheli, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Baadshah or Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge?

Btw, waht part of Australia are you in? I lived in Melbourne in the early 90's.

Alien
4th July 2005, 08:59 AM
Lets see, i have seen Mumbai Express, "Dance MAster", and some movie that was a copy of a hollywood film..i think it was called Thenali. Also, don't talk bulls*it with you limited knowledge of SRK :D ...he has more fans than any other star(even Amitabh) on the planet...and 99% of his films are extremly good. Have you seen Veer-Zaara, Kal HOna Ho, Paheli, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Baadshah or Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge?.

Thats what........ u haven't seen Kamal's classy movies, thats why u talked like that, and thats why i wanted u not 2 talk anything abt him....I donno what movie is "Dance master", the other 2 r comedy movies, though thenali was awesome and was a role no other actor could have done convincingly(Since u r not a Tamil, i can't say more abt that 2 u....)........

And regarding SRK's those movies, except Paheli I've seen all others...And whats so good abt SRK'sacting in those movies(Pretty much that happy-go-lucky guy)....Let me tell u somthing, I enjoy both serious classy movies as well as pure feel good entertainers, and i love both sort of movies equally........
There was nothing special in those movies regarding acting, yet i loved those movies since they r feel good, pleasant movies . And i earlier wrote that SRK is very smart, he knows his limits well, thats one thing i like abt him.......I don't have ay complaints on him as long as he does what can be done by him.
Kaml Haasan is on another level(Very well known 4 his Versatility and legendary talents in various aspects of filming) , no point in comparing with SRK in terms of Acting....Of course,Obviously SRK must be having more fans than any other Indian actor.......... U wouldn't know abt Kamal since u have seen absolutely no serious movie of his.......No point in arguing with u abt Kamal.....No hard feelings 8)

I'm living in Adelaide
:)

nilavupriyan
4th July 2005, 03:11 PM
Lets see, i have seen Mumbai Express, "Dance MAster", and some movie that was a copy of a hollywood film..i think it was called Thenali. Also, don't talk bulls*it with you limited knowledge of SRK :D ...he has more fans than any other star(even Amitabh) on the planet...and 99% of his films are extremly good. Have you seen Veer-Zaara, Kal HOna Ho, Paheli, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Baadshah or Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge?

Btw, waht part of Australia are you in? I lived in Melbourne in the early 90's.heyy class differs from mass.
we are talking about class not mass.
when u talk about mass its ultimately rajnikanth.
sharuk may have fans
rajni have die-hard fans(he have fans in japan too)
kamal is the best actor in india now.no doubt about that!

MADDY
4th July 2005, 11:07 PM
i never told kamal is bad or not good....its just i think he can be called a good "stage artist"...........he shows so much emotions (which are no way subtle) that r good in stage shows and dramas but not movies.....i'll give u my list of best "natural" actors and just see wat i'm trying to tell:

1.Mohan Lal (i have never felt him acting....he always bcomes that character only)
2.Prakash Raj
3.Raguvaran ( he is as good as any hollywood artist with his unassuming style of acting)
4.Om puri ( compare droh-kaal and kurudhi punal....u'll see wat i'm saying)
5.Naseerudin shah.....

ab kya bolega??? :D

chaotic whisperz
5th July 2005, 02:21 AM
y'all wrote too much shyte that i aint even gonna bother to read............. no one cares about that dumbfcuk actor you are carrying on about cause he sux shyte.......... and SHAH RUKH KHAN will always better better and more popular than that guy will ever be........... so suck offffffff

nilavupriyan
5th July 2005, 07:19 AM
i never told kamal is bad or not good....its just i think he can be called a good "stage artist"...........he shows so much emotions (which are no way subtle) that r good in stage shows and dramas but not movies.....i'll give u my list of best "natural" actors and just see wat i'm trying to tell:

1.Mohan Lal (i have never felt him acting....he always bcomes that character only)
2.Prakash Raj
3.Raguvaran ( he is as good as any hollywood artist with his unassuming style of acting)
5.Naseerudin shah.....

ab kya bolega??? :Dprakash raj is a natural actor????? :lol: :lol:
seee.,kamal is acting naturally.but in between he gives some manurisms like robert di nero,al pacino and mel gibson.
kamal can do mahan lal films.
can mohan lal justify a 70 year old man as kamal did in indian?

Alien
5th July 2005, 08:54 AM

2.Prakash Raj
5.Naseerudin shah.....

ab kya bolega??? :D

Maddy , now u'll see the difference :D
Nilavupriyan already has refuted abt Prakashraj, saying his view...
I'm going to refute Raguvaran. Is raguvaran a natural actor? :shock: :shock: He does a lot of overacting especially in his later movies, though i like his acting a lot, his villanic style and more of his characters........
So everybody perceives things differently.Thats all :wink:

But Mohanlal is very good and so is Mammooty . I like both of them next to Kamal 8)

MADDY
5th July 2005, 10:16 AM
"So everybody perceives things differently.Thats all "

xactly my point dear.........i dunt think kamal is a natural actor and is only a good drama artiste.....u cant refute this too rite.........according to me, Mohan Lal, Prakash Raj, Raghuvaran and om puri are the best and kamal comes next........

hey i think we need to shift our arguement to a different,more apt thread as we have almost spoiled this thread......

nilavupriyan
5th July 2005, 11:11 AM
"So everybody perceives things differently.Thats all "

xactly my point dear.........i dunt think kamal is a natural actor and is only a good drama artiste.....u cant refute this too rite.........according to me, Mohan Lal, Prakash Raj, Raghuvaran and om puri are the best and kamal comes next........

hey i think we need to shift our arguement to a different,more apt thread as we have almost spoiled this thread......
heyy.the comparison must be correct first.
please dont include prakash raj and raghuvaran here.
they are not so good actors.
mammoty is good
mohan lal is better
kamal haasan is best
om puri is also very good but he cant do all roles.
onething,u cant say who act naturally only is the best actor.
an actor must be good at all types of acting like under playing,drama playing,natural acting and sometimes melo drama.
kamal does everything.thats the reason ,he is best.

Girish11
5th July 2005, 11:58 AM
i think SRK is an equally good actor as Kamal Hassan........just watch his swades, wat natural acting...simply superb........i think i have never seen a kamal movie where he has not done "overacting".........

This makes me laugh.

After reading this post see Swades again and then give your
comments Maddy.

In fact, I loved Swades, I liked it so much that after watching
the movie, about over 2 am here, I called a friend and told
him about this movie and insisted that he watches it.

The reason is not SRK's perfomance, the inspiring theme.

As a matter of fact, I would have preferred to see Swades
in a more "Raw" type of version where the story was made
more naturally without songs (or songs just in background)
and where the hero did not cry so much. Now, see the movie
again, especially the scene where SRK cries and tell me if you
really find them natural and fitting into the context. Also
SRK has not given a real great/different perfomance compared
to his earlier movies.

Watch Swades, after than watch Mahanadi or Guna or Nayagan
or many such movies, after than watch a couple of SRK movies,
the best of your choice again and think over again and give
your comments buddy.

Alien
5th July 2005, 05:38 PM
Stop drinking haterade u...............!!!!!! :evil: :x

y'all wrote too much shyte that i aint even gonna bother to read............. no one cares about that dumbfcuk actor you are carrying on about cause he sux shyte.......... and SHAH RUKH KHAN will always better better and more popular than that guy will ever be........... so suck offffffff

nilavupriyan
5th July 2005, 05:41 PM
Stop drinking haterade u...............!!!!!! :evil: :x

hi vasanth
as chaotic whispers cant give one valid point on sharuk's acting he is just blabbering

MADDY
5th July 2005, 10:57 PM
girish.....i know evryone laugh for this but lemme tell u, when i was writing my Final year paper in engg, in the exam hall a small boy of 7 yrs came gave water to me as we didnt have permission to walk upto the cooler during exam hours and they had employed a boy for this job only.........my heart felt so heavy and i shed a tear looking at that boy.......wat sin did he commit and wat gr8ness did i do- i'm writing a engg paper and that small boy does not even have the privilige of going to primary school......i shed tears and cried in my mom's lap at my home....when i saw that scene repeating in swades i cried in movie hall only.......that's y i call it as the best performance of SRK.......that's natural acting for u guys......how a person will react to situations........SRK bought it out beautifully.........i've never felt it in a kamal's movie.......

nilavu- go and watch Arindhum Ariyamalum- Prakash Raj at his best......he just became the father of teenage boy in that movie......that is how u shuld gel with the character.......Guna- kamal did so much overacting that it was unwatchable for more than 15 minutes.......pathetic guy......

Girish11
5th July 2005, 11:31 PM
girish.....i know evryone laugh for this but lemme tell u, when i was writing my Final year paper in engg, in the exam hall a small boy of 7 yrs came gave water to me as we didnt have permission to walk upto the cooler during exam hours and they had employed a boy for this job only.........my heart felt so heavy and i shed a tear looking at that boy.......wat sin did he commit and wat gr8ness did i do- i'm writing a engg paper and that small boy does not even have the privilige of going to primary school......i shed tears and cried in my mom's lap at my home....when i saw that scene repeating in swades i cried in movie hall only.......that's y i call it as the best performance of SRK.......that's natural acting for u guys......how a person will react to situations........SRK bought it out beautifully.........i've never felt it in a kamal's movie.......

nilavu- go and watch Arindhum Ariyamalum- Prakash Raj at his best......he just became the father of teenage boy in that movie......that is how u shuld gel with the character.......Guna- kamal did so much overacting that it was unwatchable for more than 15 minutes.......pathetic guy......

Maddy,

I bet, there number of people who cried while watching
K3G are atleast a 100 times more than Swades. Do you agree?

Would you rate K3G to be a better movie in comparison with
Swades?

For me, K3G was a total nonsense movie I just laughed
throught the movie seeing how illogical it was, whereas Swades
was in a totally different league and a different class.

What makes you cry while watching something depends on
many different factors, your charecter/criticism level/tolerance
to illogical making etc.

Baghban bought lump to my throat more times than Anbe sivam
but I would never rate Baghban better than AS just because
Baghban made me cry more, there is not way.

Guna, you can ask many, is no way rated as over acting, I am
not saying this from Kamals fans point of view, you can ask
non Kamal fans who have seen it. In context to the charecter,
the acting is absolutely natural. I rate Guna to be the best
perfomance by Kamal till date.

Further, I dont have anything agains SRK, I like him, until very
recently I had high regards for him and looked forward eagerly
to his movies. But his stereo typed perfomances have made
me lose interest in him. The more I see him now, the worse it is.
The last perfomance which I saw, in Silsilay, I have reached the
point of not being able to stand it any more. It was just too much.
His perfomance in Swades is no doubt a decent perfomance
except a few scenes.

MADDY
6th July 2005, 08:40 AM
no girish....i never told crying is the only good emotion that could be shown.......it was just an example of how an normal man wud react to situations.....K3G is the worst hit movie in indian history according to me.......SRK is repeatedly doing crap....he has so much talent that he can act in diff. movies but he has been wasted here.....if he had been in Tamil/Malayalam where there is more scope for acting he wud have been a gr8 actor........

nilavupriyan
6th July 2005, 11:10 AM

heyy.crying doesnt depends upon only acting.it depends upon the situation.i shall tell u a scene where i cried at the theatre.mind its a comedy film not a serious film like swades.

in pammal.k.sambandham.,
kamal will know that simran has acted as loving him for taking the watch from his stomach.the scenes before this scene were completely hilarious.but at this scene after knowing she had acted,just by his reactions he turned the audience from a jolly mood to tears.
in the following scene ,where he will meet his grand father and say
"nan andha ponna venamnu sollula thaatha.andha ponnu than enna venanturuchu.andha ponnu enna inga kuthuchu(heart).nee enna inga kuthu(hand)"
i was in tears for 5 minutes.thats acting.he made me cry only by his acting.not the situation.
mind onething the person sitting near me was also crying.

Girish11
6th July 2005, 11:44 AM
no girish....i never told crying is the only good emotion that could be shown.......it was just an example of how an normal man wud react to situations.....K3G is the worst hit movie in indian history according to me.......SRK is repeatedly doing crap....he has so much talent that he can act in diff. movies but he has been wasted here.....if he had been in Tamil/Malayalam where there is more scope for acting he wud have been a gr8 actor........

Maddy,

The situation of SRK is quite complicated right now. Keeping
BO and star status/image in mind, he is stuck to the happy go
lucky type of roles trying to flash his charm time and again
and not getting out of the shell (Swades is an exception).
I think he has developed an insecurity due to movies
which failed where he tried to do something different, the most
recent example is Swades. An other such example I can
remember is Asoka.

When he was new, he was trying to do different roles, that is
the time I was attracted to SRK and was hoping he would
continue to do so and end up in the list of one of the great
talented/versatile actors of India. Sadly that is not the case.
The irony is, today many actors who normally used to do
stereo typed roles are experimenting, trying out different
things, improving their acting, doing negative roles too,
last 2-3 years you can see the way the likes of Ajay devgun,
Akshay Kumar, Amitabh even Abishek recently are focussing
on doing different type of roles. Hope SRK will follow this path
soon and bring out the talents in him.

Alien
6th July 2005, 05:28 PM
heyy.crying doesnt depends upon only acting.it depends upon the situation.i shall tell u a scene where i cried at the theatre.mind its a comedy film not a serious film like swades.

in pammal.k.sambandham.,
kamal will know that simran has acted as loving him for taking the watch from his stomach.the scenes before this scene were completely hilarious.but at this scene after knowing she had acted,just by his reactions he turned the audience from a jolly mood to tears.
in the following scene ,where he will meet his grand father and say
"nan andha ponna venamnu sollula thaatha.andha ponnu than enna venanturuchu.andha ponnu enna inga kuthuchu(heart).nee enna inga kuthu(hand)"
i was in tears for 5 minutes.thats acting.he made me cry only by his acting.not the situation.mind onething the person sitting near me was also crying.

Man thats one hell of a scene, which made me cry too. The speciality is Kamal's performance and Kamal's performance only.
Another one such scene i cried was in Aboorva Sagodharargal Climax when Appu departs his parrot( :?: Am i rite) Kamal's reaction was awesome.....Wooowwwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gr8! 8)

MADDY
6th July 2005, 08:06 PM
i think we r going nowhere- vasanth and nilavu....i wud never accept kamal as the best and u guys wud never accept kamal as something below the best........so i think it wud be gr8 if we discontinue our arguement here...dunt think i'm running off here....u can always call me for any debate against kamal...i'm there with answers..... :D

nilavupriyan
6th July 2005, 08:11 PM
i think we r going nowhere- vasanth and nilavu....i wud never accept kamal as the best and u guys wud never accept kamal as something below the best........so i think it wud be gr8 if we discontinue our arguement here...dunt think i'm running off here....u can always call me for any debate against kamal...i'm there with answers..... :D
we are also always ready to argue on his high potential and disagree about urs prediction on shah rukh khan.anyway atlast we've won.
kamal is best

MADDY
7th July 2005, 09:11 AM
good nilavu, even i like kamal......i feel proud in telling kamal is from my hometown- and Nayagan is my all time fav movie in all langauges.......but calling kamal as ultimate is wat i'm against....and SRK was as good as kamal in swades.....that's my view...... :D

sanju
7th July 2005, 02:39 PM
good nilavu, even i like kamal......i feel proud in telling kamal is from my hometown- and Nayagan is my all time fav movie in all langauges.......but calling kamal as ultimate is wat i'm against....and SRK was as good as kamal in swades.....that's my view...... :D

its a pity that somebody still didnt admit kamal as he is one of the greatest actors among this country. srk is a good actor, not a great actor. and i am sure srk will not be in the list of all time greats. just look at akshay kumar, how much the guy has improved himself from the 'khiladi' image. look at abhishek, ajay devgan or manoj vajpai. you can feel the difference. no doubt srk is talented, but he cant be termed as a versatile actor. i think k3g is a nice film. somebody who thinks its a bad film can be only a hypocrite.

sanju
7th July 2005, 02:53 PM

this guy probably dont understand about kamal. for your kind information, srk is a good steriotype actor. thats all. kamal hasan is a legend. he can convey the feelings beter than everybody.

in terms of natural acting, i have seen only two actors in india who performs any role so easily.

kamal hasan
mohan lal.

nilavupriyan
7th July 2005, 05:52 PM

this guy probably dont understand about kamal. for your kind information, srk is a good steriotype actor. thats all. kamal hasan is a legend. he can convey the feelings beter than everybody.

in terms of natural acting, i have seen only two actors in india who performs any role so easily.

kamal hasan
mohan lal. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

HindustaniLadka
8th July 2005, 08:47 AM

its a pity that somebody still didnt admit kamal as he is one of the greatest actors among this country. srk is a good actor, not a great actor. and i am sure srk will not be in the list of all time greats. just look at akshay kumar, how much the guy has improved himself from the 'khiladi' image. look at abhishek, ajay devgan or manoj vajpai. you can feel the difference. no doubt srk is talented, but he cant be termed as a versatile actor. i think k3g is a nice film. somebody who thinks its a bad film can be only a hypocrite.

I'm not saying Kamal isn't a great actor, i'm just saying that there is too much hype about him...

SRK has been trying different roles these days(Swades and Paheli for example). Now that he is the biggest star in India, if not in the world, he has room to try new things.

nilavupriyan
8th July 2005, 09:10 AM

I'm not saying Kamal isn't a great actor, i'm just saying that there is too much hype about him...

SRK has been trying different roles these days(Swades and Paheli for example). Now that he is the biggest star in India, if not in the world, he has room to try new things.
hindustani ladka .,u can give only two films for explaining the versatality of sharuk.if i give the different characters portrayed by kamal it will take a separate page.
actually sharuk is the more hyped artist(he is less talented but in north india.,so gets that image).kamal haasan and mohan lal did only one mistake.they born in south india.what a performers they are.outstanding.they are less estimated.they must have got world recognisation for their acting talent.

Alien
8th July 2005, 10:57 AM
hindustani ladka .,u can give only two films for explaining the versatality of sharuk.if i give the different characters portrayed by kamal it will take a separate page.
actually sharuk is the more hyped artist(he is less talented but in north india.,so gets that image).kamal haasan and mohan lal did only one mistake.they born in south india.what a performers they are.outstanding.they are less estimated.they must have got world recognition for their acting talent.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Very true :thumbsup:

MADDY
8th July 2005, 07:13 PM
tell u wat i think vasanth and nilavu are one and the same.....see the way they support each others points and no. of clap emotions while appreciating each other.... i think vasanth is Remo and Nilavu is anniyan.....hope ppl. have watched anniyan.....

nilavupriyan
8th July 2005, 07:36 PM
tell u wat i think vasanth and nilavu are one and the same.....see the way they support each others points and no. of clap emotions while appreciating each other.... i think vasanth is Remo and Nilavu is anniyan.....hope ppl. have watched anniyan.....
heyy.adapavi.ippidiyellam kooda sandheham varuma.do u want my college .my name.........my branch .
if u want i shall give my details.check it out.is it ok

HindustaniLadka
9th July 2005, 12:59 AM

actually sharuk is the more hyped artist(he is less talented but in north india.,so gets that image).kamal haasan and mohan lal did only one mistake.they born in south india.what a performers they are.outstanding.they are less estimated.they must have got world recognisation for their acting talent.

:banghead: The side of India someone is born on has nothing to do with their image...AIshwarya Rai, SUnil Shetty, Shilpa Shetty, Hema Malini, Sridevi, and many more were born in Southern states, but they are still very well known and greatly respected all over India. Aishhwarya, Hema and SriDevi are superstars as well. Even in the Northern states, people know that Kamal Haasan is a good actor, but he acdts mostly in Tamil films...and most non-Tamils don't watch Tamil films....so, Kamal is not going to be as popular as actors who act in more wide spread film industries like Bollywood and Hollywood.

nilavupriyan
9th July 2005, 08:23 AM

:banghead: The side of India someone is born on has nothing to do with their image...AIshwarya Rai, SUnil Shetty, Shilpa Shetty, Hema Malini, Sridevi, and many more were born in Southern states, but they are still very well known and greatly respected all over India. Aishhwarya, Hema and SriDevi are superstars as well. Even in the Northern states, people know that Kamal Haasan is a good actor, but he acdts mostly in Tamil films...and most non-Tamils don't watch Tamil films....so, Kamal is not going to be as popular as actors who act in more wide spread film industries like Bollywood and Hollywood.
thats what i say.he is talented .but as he is not in a big industry his talent is not appreciated upto its level.anyway he is also getting world recognisation than other actors in india.
2 best asian actor award
1 best asian film(producer)
but within india the north india stars are hyped due i say.

Alien
10th July 2005, 11:23 AM

Maddy r u retarded or what????? :banghead:
Allmost all tamils will have respect and admiration towads Kamal(Including Rajni Kanth fans-Its only when it comes Rajni vs Kamal they will love to bring Kamal down). Its no surprise, 2 guys appreciate Kamal and that too given we 2 r Kamal fans. U don't even seem 2 understand these simple things :x
Sorry if i was rude :oops:

MADDY
11th July 2005, 06:05 PM
it was my mistake not to add a smiley for my MPD comment on nilavu and vasanth......it was be meant to be for humour...

"Allmost all tamils will have respect and admiration towads Kamal(Including Rajni Kanth fans-Its only when it comes Rajni vs Kamal they will love to bring Kamal down)."

vasanth, until i joined the DF i thought all tamilians love ARRahman and have a gr8 respect for ARR as he has taken tamil to mumbai,london and newyork but after coming here i came to know that not even half of ppl. like ARR-infact they hate ARR so much that they used to compare him with pigs and we,ARR fans wud get a bashing........same way dunt think ppl. liked by u ,r liked by all.....i hate kamal for targetting my community always.......but that doesent mean i blidly hate him, i also think he is not a natural actor....

Alien
11th July 2005, 06:23 PM
Sorry Maddy, if it was meant as a harmless joke :oops:

nilavupriyan
11th July 2005, 08:21 PM
it was my mistake not to add a smiley for my MPD comment on nilavu and vasanth......it was be meant to be for humour...

"Allmost all tamils will have respect and admiration towads Kamal(Including Rajni Kanth fans-Its only when it comes Rajni vs Kamal they will love to bring Kamal down)."

vasanth, until i joined the DF i thought all tamilians love ARRahman and have a gr8 respect for ARR as he has taken tamil to mumbai,london and newyork but after coming here i came to know that not even half of ppl. like ARR-infact they hate ARR so much that they used to compare him with pigs and we,ARR fans wud get a bashing........same way dunt think ppl. liked by u ,r liked by all.....i hate kamal for targetting my community always.......but that doesent mean i blidly hate him, i also think he is not a natural actor....
arr.rehman????avara enda inga ilukkara.
:lol:
by the way thats too not fully correct.
the most respected musician of tamil cine industry is ilayaraja.

then come to the point.......which community is urs.when did kamal bash ur community.do u know one thing.he hate communities.he is a follower of periyar

MADDY
11th July 2005, 10:26 PM
hey vasanth....no sorries man....chill, it was my mistake not to add a smiley, otherwise how wud u know i meant it for humour.... :D

nilavu, i think i will leave my communal identity topic here only.....ppl. know who kamal targets in movies......but as i told u it is not THE only reason for hating kamal.......his dominance over other actors in movies is the thing i hate most abt kamal......

nilavupriyan
11th July 2005, 11:00 PM
hey vasanth....no sorries man....chill, it was my mistake not to add a smiley, otherwise how wud u know i meant it for humour.... :D

nilavu, i think i will leave my communal identity topic here only.....ppl. know who kamal targets in movies......but as i told u it is not THE only reason for hating kamal.......his dominance over other actors in movies is the thing i hate most abt kamal......
we love kamal
thats it.we can finish the topic

MADDY
12th July 2005, 04:58 AM
I hate Kamal
one more thing-i think we r exactly opposite characters :D ......u like kamal and Ilayaraja but i hate both of them......... :lol: ....

TOPIC OVER

MADDY
12th July 2005, 05:02 AM
Paheli in UK top 10 :D

"http://travel.telegraph.co.uk/core/Slideshow/slideshowContentFrameFrag.jhtml?xml=/arts/2005/07/06/top10films/upixfilms.xml"

Hyderbadi
13th July 2005, 10:43 AM
I don't like Kamal because he is a follower of Periyar/the Dravidianist party(which indirectly connects him to groups like the LTTE)...otherswise i don't ahve any problem with him.

Hey Maddy, ahve you seen Paheli by any chance?

MADDY
13th July 2005, 11:18 AM
nope i havent seen paheli, hyderabadi......it shuld be gud as SRK now realises the importance of doing movies other than normal...... :D
and moreover SRK is the most popular Indian in the globe which garners so much money in the west for his mvoies

nilavupriyan
13th July 2005, 06:25 PM
I don't like Kamal because he is a follower of Periyar/the Dravidianist party(which indirectly connects him to groups like the LTTE)...otherswise i don't ahve any problem with him.

Hey Maddy, ahve you seen Paheli by any chance?
this shows u dont know anything about tamil nadu and tamil nadu politics.all periyar followers are not connected with ltte.so ignorant

MADDY
13th July 2005, 10:21 PM
SRK did not get the national award for swades.....very disappointing indeed....Swades deserved 3 awards- Best Film, Best Actor, Best Music...... :cry: .....neways there's always a next time....

chaotic whisperz
13th July 2005, 10:36 PM
uh for the posts above aside from the previous one, this thread is about Shah Rukh Khan....... not losers..........

nilavupriyan
14th July 2005, 07:24 AM
uh for the posts above aside from the previous one, this thread is about Shah Rukh Khan....... not losers..........
oh.sorry.
"shah rukh khan is an idiotic actor"
is it relavent

MADDY
14th July 2005, 08:49 AM
nilav, i think there was no need for u to tell that :D ......i'll tell u wat u start a thread "KAMAL is great" and keep posting abt kamal and u'll have many friends supporting u....and u can write kamal is gr8 kamal is gr8 like our mommies write sri rama jayam in notebooks....leave SRK....we know wat he is.....

Alien
14th July 2005, 11:36 AM
nilav, i think there was no need for u to tell that :D ......i'll tell u wat u start a thread "KAMAL is great" and keep posting abt kamal and u'll have many friends supporting u....and u can write kamal is gr8 kamal is gr8 like our mommies write sri rama jayam in notebooks....leave SRK....we know wat he is.....

Well, very few think alike u :lol2:
Now why the hell do u bring Kamal here? Stop talking abt Kamal in this thread :x
This thread is abt SRK and anyone can express their opinion abt SRK :lol2: First get that in ur head :lol2:

MADDY
14th July 2005, 04:31 PM
"Well, very few think alike u "

very few thought like socrates
very few thought like einstein
very few thought like bhagat singh
very few thought like ARRahman :lol: :lol: ....justy kiddin

"This thread is abt SRK and anyone can express their opinion abt SRK First get that in ur head "

hey, but when u know the intetnion of the guy then it shuld be condemned........and the language used shuld also be condemned....it hurts my feelings when someone calls my icon an idiot.......y dunt u understand it???

chaotic whisperz
15th July 2005, 10:40 PM
oh.sorry.
"shah rukh khan is an idiotic actor"
is it relavent

:lol: :lol: :lol: ........... that honestly made me laugh though... so i'll allow it...........

MADDY
19th July 2005, 11:29 AM
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mmpaper.asp?sectid=10&articleid=7182005233735375718200523372015

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mmpaper.asp?sectid=3&articleid=71820052216202187182005221610437

SRK film fest in poland and ppl.'s reaction to SRK not winning national award.......

dlaxmi16
19th July 2005, 11:55 PM
Hi,

I Like Sharukh Khan for his acting..I have never missed any of his movies . I watch his movies the very first week even in US..

He can be best described as a romantic hero. But he started with negative roles in the beginning like Baazigar, Anjaam, etc..Nowadays he is also into patriotic movies like Main hoon na, Swades.His acting in Veerzaara was appreciable. He has done all kind of roles within a short span of 15 yrs & has still maintained his position ..

He is the only actor who will not even hesitate to cry in the screen , if the role needs it, that he brings reality to life..

He is really Great!!

Nerd
20th July 2005, 12:27 AM
but laxmi.. sometimes i feel like laughing out loud if i see SRK crying.. he is horrible in emotional sequences, IMO.. but no one can deny that he was pretty good in swades :lol2?

dlaxmi16
20th July 2005, 12:40 AM
I have found sharukh great in his expressions be it in any kind of scenes..But there are some who find it funny to see in his emotional outbursts..

But No Comments can question his popularity & stardom.. that is
Shahrukh Khan!!! :D

Alien
20th July 2005, 10:38 AM
He is the only actor who will not even hesitate to cry in the screen , if the role needs it, that he brings reality to life..

I really din't understand this :roll:

Hyderbadi
20th July 2005, 11:36 AM
SRK is the best, just accept it! :D Can you name any other actor(or even another person) who has as many fans?

Alien
20th July 2005, 11:49 AM
SRK is the best, just accept it! :D Can you name any other actor(or even another person) who has as many fans?
Hey dude!! I always notice this .....U always seem to take the discussion to a different plane by dragging something else into the context ........
See what i asked laxmi!!! :twisted:

And for ur kind information whats the hindi speaking population? obviously some folds of any other regional languages like Tamil, Malayalam,................So no wonder in a hindi actor having more fans than any other Indian actor......
But see in Tamil, Rajni has got soo much die-hard fans that his latest film Chandramukhi seems to have expelled some other films from the "Highest grosser in India in recent times" including some recent SRK films .......Now what do u say 4 this? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

MADDY
20th July 2005, 02:12 PM
hey hey hey vasanth......spare them.....ask me... :D ..well wat laxmi wanted to say was that he can bring sad emotions beautifully by crying on screen and has no qualms in crying as some heroes think it is unmanly to cry....am i rite laxmi???

one thing is for sure.....SRK is not as technically correct as Kamal nor he is as majestic as Amitabh, neither he is as verstile as Aamir but the ultimate fact is that he has mesmerised a whole generation of indian youth.......he is infact the pied piper of India.... :D

SRK is supposed to be the most popular Indian on the globe overtaking likes of Sachin Tendulkar,A.B.Vajpayee,Leander Paes,A.R.Rahman.....cool isn't it????(i can post the link if u guys want as it was a pretty old one).....

Alien
20th July 2005, 06:07 PM
hey hey hey vasanth......spare them.....ask me... :D ..well wat laxmi wanted to say was that he can bring sad emotions beautifully by crying on screen and has no qualms in crying as some heroes think it is unmanly to cry....am i rite laxmi???

Ok then no worries Maddy, but what puzzled me is, laxmi said that SRK is the only actor who does that, which is not true & there r a lot others who do that too..........

dlaxmi16
20th July 2005, 11:32 PM
well wat laxmi wanted to say was that he can bring sad emotions beautifully by crying on screen and has no qualms in crying as some heroes think it is unmanly to cry....am i rite laxmi???

Yes Maddy U R Right!! this is what i wanted to say about Shahrukh..i think some have misinterpreted it..
Shahrukh is great , he has totally charmed the indian people with his acting.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

dlaxmi16
20th July 2005, 11:43 PM
And for ur kind information whats the hindi speaking population? obviously some folds of any other regional languages like Tamil, Malayalam,................So no wonder in a hindi actor having more fans than any other Indian actor......
But see in Tamil, Rajni has got soo much die-hard fans that his latest film Chandramukhi seems to have expelled some other films from the "Highest grosser in India in recent times" including some recent SRK films .......Now what do u say 4 this?

Be it an Hindi actor or a tamil actor, there is nothing to differentiate dear, bec both are indian actors..
I don't want to compare anyone..But Shahrukh Sells!!
I don't know whether it is hypnotism or charm , but he attaracts anyone, all over the GLOBE!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hyderbadi
21st July 2005, 03:28 AM
Hey dude!! I always notice this .....U always seem to take the discussion to a different plane by dragging something else into the context ........

But see in Tamil, Rajni has got soo much die-hard fans that his latest film Chandramukhi seems to have expelled some other films from the "Highest grosser in India in recent times" including some recent SRK films .......Now what do u say 4 this? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

SRK's fans are not only Hindi speaking people, they are people from all parts of India and they are people from all over the world. Tell me, do Rajini or Kamal have any significant international(non-Tamil/non-Indian) audience.......Now what do u say 4 this? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

nilavupriyan
21st July 2005, 07:54 AM

SRK's fans are not only Hindi speaking people, they are people from all parts of India and they are people from all over the world. Tell me, do Rajini or Kamal have any significant international(non-Tamil/non-Indian) audience.......Now what do u say 4 this? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

sharuk had got audience in other countries who are indians.but rajni have japanese audience and african audience who dont know tamil even ....as for as kamal he is gaining the popularity among the foriegn critics by gaining many international awards.

MADDY
21st July 2005, 09:40 AM
but not like SRK nilavu.........SRK's Dilse was the first Indian movie to feauture in UK top10.....since then his movies have consistently made it to UK top10....even his latest off-beat movie paheli was no.8 in UK top10.........his interviews have feautured in US magazines where even our PM's dunt get space.......London press know only SRK and Amitabh as Indian actors........and there seems to be no end for his fan following, my fifth std neighbour girl wants still to marry him :D .....

For me, SRK is the MAN OF THE DECADE-1990-2000....

Alien
21st July 2005, 10:26 AM
But see in Tamil, Rajni has got soo much die-hard fans that his latest film Chandramukhi seems to have expelled some other films from the "Highest grosser in India in recent times" including some recent SRK films .......Now what do u say 4 this?

Be it an Hindi actor or a tamil actor, there is nothing to differentiate dear, bec both are indian actors..I don't want to compare anyone..
If u really think that way , well then no point in arguing with u :lol2:

Hindi ranks in the top 10 list of "Widely spoken languages in the world" and i guess it stands at 4th place, If i was wrong please someone enlighten me :) and where does Tamil/Malayalam stand? So obviously hindi films got some folds of audience than other regional languages .....So no big surprise that a Hindi actor having more fans than any other regional language Super Stars...
So u must be able to sense, atleast now, that its insane & inane to compare the fanfollowing of SRK with other Indian language' actors.....
Ok had u asked me how come SRK has got more fans than another Hindi actor, for ex Govinda, then I'm clueless :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Ok!! Or had ur question been something like "How come SRK got more fans than Aamir?" then again I'm lost...I wouldn't seriously know why? :roll:

Hyderbadi
21st July 2005, 11:19 AM
SRK has many non-Indian fans. He has non-Indian fans from the Middle East, South America, Russia, Eastern Europe and East Asia. None of these people can even understand Hindi and they are not familiar with many aspects of Indian culture, but they still love SRK and they are great fans of his films. If you have seen some of the stage shows he has performed in around the world, you will see what i mean. I saw one of his stage shows televised from Dubai. The audience had people from all over India and all over the world. There were Arabs, Hispanics, Chinese, non-Hindi speaking Indians(well, Indians who do not speak Hindi as a first language at least), etc.(i know this because he called various people onto the stage and asked them where they were from, etc...for example, he called up a guy from Bangalore and even said a few lines to him in Kannada). Rajini and Kamal have plenty of fans in India, but they are not very well known in other nations.

Oh, by the way, some other proof about SRKs great international fan following is the fact that a flower which was discovered in Singapore(most of the people in that country are East Asian and Indian Tamil) was named after SRK.

dlaxmi16
21st July 2005, 09:46 PM
vasanth don't talk unnecessarily..always taking the topic elsewhere!!

:banghead:

yep maddy & hyderabadi you are exactly right..

Where are you all Shahrukh fans?? are you all sleeping ??

Shahrukh is Universal just accept it yaar..

Shahrukh has got many awards for his performance ..he has received filmfare, sansui, all the awards you cannot even name it..
he also received theprestigious Padmashree award...Shahrukh has commented in one of his articles that [b]he has got enough awards for the next 40 yrs!!

Look at shahrukh's personality, his untarnished image, he has maintained it that way..no other star can even come closer to him.. :D :D :D

MADDY
21st July 2005, 10:47 PM
hey relax laxmi, i dunt think vasanth is reufting that SRK is the most popular Indian actor on globe.......he is just telling that since kamal and rajni have a smaller audience to reach out to they r not as popular as SRK.....

but vasanth u have to appreciate that it is just SRK and not anyone else in Hindi industry who has such a huge fan following outside and inside India.....

sanju
21st July 2005, 11:54 PM

yep maddy & hyderabadi you are exactly right..

Where are you all Shahrukh fans?? are you all sleeping ??

Shahrukh is Universal just accept it yaar..

Shahrukh has got many awards for his performance ..he has received filmfare, sansui, all the awards you cannot even name it..
he also received theprestigious Padmashree award...Shahrukh has commented in one of his articles that [b]he has got enough awards for the next 40 yrs!!

Look at shahrukh's personality, his untarnished image, he has maintained it that way..no other star can even come closer to him.. :D :D :D

perhaps srk has better fan following than any other indian actor, not perhaps, he has. but please dont talk about the awards like that of filmfare, stardust........ any tom, dick and harry can get those awards easily. as all of them need srk's presence at the award function, as he is so popular, they will give him those rewards. he hasnt got a national award yet.he will have to wait for long to become an accomplished actor like amitabh bachhan ,ompuri, naseruddin shah, kamal hasan, mohan lal, mammooty ..

i am sure he has got enough awards for 40 years.
filmfare-15
sansui-14
stardust-13
national-0

Hyderbadi
22nd July 2005, 01:49 AM
No offence or anything, but isn't Kamal supposed to be very arrogant(according to some news paper article i read about him a few weeks ago, he is very arrogant and he trys to hog the camera)?

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 01:53 AM
cool down sanju..

Getting awards is not that easy & popularity alone cannot bring about awards.

Shahrukh has worked for his popularity, his movies have been a success in the box office..

I will not deny amitabh bachan or kamal hassan for thir acting capability..

And about national awards , thats also not too far for shahrukh :D :D :D

for your information he was nominated for national award this year..

MADDY
22nd July 2005, 07:39 AM
SRK's portrayal of Mohan Bhragav in swades is one of the best performances in Indian Cinema History.........it has changed thinking of many ppl. (ppl. now want to work for India), i think that is a bigger award than National Award for SRK,Ashutosh and Rahman.........

Alien
22nd July 2005, 08:34 AM

Its really astonishing that u r now yelling at me as taking the topic elsewhere :shock: Look carefully again & u mite be able 2 sense who was taking the topic elsewhere & that i was just replying to ur outrageous comments .............

If u look carefully at my posts, after ur entry into this thread, I never used any other actors' name except SRK's contestants like Aamir, and another hindi actor Govinda just to name a hindi actor......That is I didn't compare SRK with someone irrationally.........

And anyway Maddy & Sanju have given u the answer.....................

Alien
22nd July 2005, 08:50 AM
No offence or anything, but isn't Kamal supposed to be very arrogant(according to some news paper article i read about him a few weeks ago, he is very arrogant and he trys to hog the camera)?
I really don't know, Should/Could I answer ur this question in this thread?
Then som ppl mite yell at me as taking the topic elsewhere...

Anyway buddy I'd tell u He's not what u think, He's even prepared to act with a newbie director(aged allmost half his age) who has done only 2 films so far.....That is his next film.......Remember, even u would have heard a lot abt him as an allrounded personality, and guess he acting in a young director's film.....arrogance :oops: ..........

Sorry 4 the digression 8)

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 09:09 AM
He vasanth..chill ..take it lightly..I wasn't yelling at you at all.And i am sorry if my writing meant that to you. :)

I don't see anything wrong with Shahrukh being compared to others. Nothing wrong in this..
To tell you frankly , this thread is going in the right track ..

Alien
22nd July 2005, 09:14 AM
He vasanth..chill ..take it lightly..I wasn't yelling at you at all.And i am sorry if my writing meant that to you. :)

I don't see anything wrong with Shahrukh being compared to others. Nothing wrong in this..
To tell you frankly , this thread is going in the right track ..
Ohh!! My apologies to u too, laxmi :oops: :oops: I felt that way...
And moreover I never refuted SRK's the most popular Indian/Indian actor in the planet....... 8)

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 09:18 AM
thats great..

But about kamal , I have also heard a lot that he is arrogant.. :wink:

Alien
22nd July 2005, 09:26 AM
thats great..

But about kamal , I have also heard a lot that he is arrogant.. :wink:
:shock: Ok!! But onething i feel is Such personalities should have arrogance :D .......
And i gave the example that he's now working with a director(Gowtham Menon aged around 30's) who has done only 2 films so far...............

Anyway ain't we getting off the topic now :wink:

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 09:37 AM
[quote=dlaxmi16]

perhaps srk has better fan following than any other indian actor, not perhaps, he has. but please dont talk about the awards like that of filmfare, stardust........ any tom, dick and harry can get those awards easily. as all of them need srk's presence at the award function, as he is so popular, they will give him those rewards. he hasnt got a national award yet.he will have to wait for long to become an accomplished actor like amitabh bachhan ,ompuri, naseruddin shah, kamal hasan, mohan lal, mammooty ..

filmfare-15
sansui-14
stardust-13
national-0

Lets talk about mainstream commercial cinema here , we aren't talking about art cinema here..It is easy to grab a national award easily there..so lets eliminate om puri & naseruddin shah..then coming to mohanlal & mamooty, they have only catered to & restricted themselves to regional cinema..same goes to kamal hassan, who couldn't make it big in hindi movies...
so Amitabh remains, who i will definitely vouch as a great actor..
So this will explain where Shahrukh stands .. Hindi commercial cinema has a bigger audience , it is therefore necessary to prove ourselves ..Here i am talking the whole world is a audience here..To prove and stand next to amitabh is definitely a big task for any actor..and Shahrukh has earned that respect !!

:D :D

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 09:42 AM
what i have heard is that at this point of time Kamal has already lost all his savings by putting his money in producing & directing his movies..
so may be right now he has no other choice than to act with young directors who will listen to him!!
:wink:

and that doesn't show that he is no more arrogant..he may a bit .000001 % humble than before..thats it.. :wink:

Alien
22nd July 2005, 09:49 AM
what i have heard is that at this point of time Kamal has already lost all his savings by putting his money in producing & directing his movies..
so may be right now he has no other choice than to act with young directors who will listen to him!!
:wink:

and that doesn't show that he is no more arrogant..he may a bit .000001 % humble than before..thats it.. :wink:
His Raaj Kamal films International had made a turnover of 40 crores in last year ...I can get u the source if u really need... :wink:

Enuf is Enuf :wink: ...
Shall we continue on SRK :wink:

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 10:09 AM
40 crores is too less for a movie budget dear..and that for a kamal movie..

now lets back to the topic ..

:D

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 10:13 AM
nothing is there to talk about..
Shahrukh is the Best!! Shahrukh is the Best!!Shahrukh is the Best!! Shahrukh is the Best!!Shahrukh is the Best!! Shahrukh is the Best!!Shahrukh is the Best!! Shahrukh is the Best!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

nilavupriyan
22nd July 2005, 06:16 PM
nothing is there to talk about..
Shahrukh is the Best!! Shahrukh is the Best!!Shahrukh is the Best!! Shahrukh is the Best!!Shahrukh is the Best!! Shahrukh is the Best!!Shahrukh is the Best!! Shahrukh is the Best!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:
if nothing there to talk about close the thread.unnecesary wastage of memory

Alien
22nd July 2005, 06:25 PM
Dear Laxmi :wink:
SRK's Devdas is the costliest film ever made in Indian Cinema and the cost was said to be 34 crores
This info fits into the topic! Ain't it :wink:

MADDY
22nd July 2005, 07:56 PM
sorry that record is going to be shattered by Mangal Pandey with a budget of Rs.45 crore.......... :D

nilavupriyan
22nd July 2005, 08:37 PM
sorry that record is going to be shattered by Mangal Pandey with a budget of Rs.45 crore.......... :D
who is the hero in mangal pandey

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 08:41 PM
how do people like u come to this thread
:rotfl: :rotfl:

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 08:47 PM
if u don't have anything to contribute here..u pls stick to ur ajith & vijay thread :wink: :wink:

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 09:19 PM
SRK's Devdas is the costliest film ever made in Indian Cinema and the cost was said to be 34 crores

As per sources it was 50 crores :)

nilavupriyan
22nd July 2005, 09:19 PM
why?is that so important that everyone must know who is the hero of mangal pandey.ive just asked as i am ashtonished by its budget.
why ajith-vijay thread.?????already noone is visiting sharuk thread :lol: :lol: .do u want someone coming also to go away????/no worries about ajith,vijay threads.they are just filling up

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 09:29 PM
who said Shahrukh thread is not filling up ??Shahrukh thread is filling up with productive stuff, not with irrelevant stuff & unnecessary discussion in that vijay-ajith thread :rotfl: :rotfl:

nilavupriyan
22nd July 2005, 09:32 PM
who said Shahrukh thread is not filling up ??Shahrukh thread is filling up with productive stuff, not with irrelevant stuff & unnecessary discussion in that vijay-ajith thread :rotfl: :rotfl:

then why did u go there and say that his film will flop?so interested in unnecesary discusions? :lol: :lol:

dlaxmi16
22nd July 2005, 09:35 PM
why are you in a mood to fight now?? then go home & relax.. :lol:

nilavupriyan
22nd July 2005, 09:45 PM
im already in home .

chaotic whisperz
22nd July 2005, 10:40 PM
im already in home .

:shock: you have a home????????????????/

MADDY
22nd July 2005, 10:42 PM
nilavu, i dunt know whether u r asking seriously or not- abt. mangal pandey's hero....neways i''ll tell it is none other than the evergreen Aamir Khan.........ARRahman was gievn an undisclosed amount that is believed to have been unheard of in Indian film music history.........

did u guys know Maniratnam is making a movie "Mahabharata" with SRK,Aamir,Salman at a astrnomical budget of Rs300 crores :o :o :o :o

idhu eppadi irukku??? :lol:

chaotic whisperz
22nd July 2005, 10:44 PM
how much is that in dollars??????????????????????????????

MADDY
22nd July 2005, 11:34 PM
68 million$ approx....... :shock:

sanju
22nd July 2005, 11:53 PM
[quote=dlaxmi16]

filmfare-15
sansui-14
stardust-13
national-0

Lets talk about mainstream commercial cinema here , we aren't talking about art cinema here..It is easy to grab a national award easily there..so lets eliminate om puri & naseruddin shah..then coming to mohanlal & mamooty, they have only catered to & restricted themselves to regional cinema..same goes to kamal hassan, who couldn't make it big in hindi movies...
so Amitabh remains, who i will definitely vouch as a great actor..
So this will explain where Shahrukh stands .. Hindi commercial cinema has a bigger audience , it is therefore necessary to prove ourselves ..Here i am talking the whole world is a audience here..To prove and stand next to amitabh is definitely a big task for any actor..and Shahrukh has earned that respect !!

:D :D

ok laxmi, lets not talk about kamal, lal, mammootty. still there are a lot of good actors in hindi commercial cinema. srk is the most saleable star in hindi cinema. but its ajay devgan who can be called as a versatile actor. nana patekar, amir khan are also good actors. now dont speak ajay isn't a part of hindi commercial cinema. he has already bagged 2 national awards. he is a fantastic performer, and certainly a better actor than srk.

Hyderbadi
22nd July 2005, 11:55 PM
i hope Salman is replaced by someone else in that film. There is evidence that he has connections to Dawood Ibrahim and some Mumbai blasts now.

When it comes to acting, i say Ajay Devgan is the best. He is able to perform any role given to him perfectly.[/tscii]

Alien
23rd July 2005, 08:40 AM
did u guys know Maniratnam is making a movie "Mahabharata" with SRK,Aamir,Salman at a astrnomical budget of Rs300 crores :o :o :o :o

Hey It can't be!! Mani making a movie :shock: Where did u get this news from? :roll:

Alien
23rd July 2005, 08:44 AM

As per sources it was 50 crores :)
I doubt it, it must have been less than 40 crores, even Maddy assures that it was less than Mangal Pandey's 45 crores..... So there..... :)

dlaxmi16
23rd July 2005, 09:57 AM

Hey It can't be!! Mani making a movie :shock: Where did u get this news from? :roll:

very much acceptable after all king khan is there.. :) :)

dlaxmi16
23rd July 2005, 10:18 AM
[quote=sanju]

ok laxmi, lets not talk about kamal, lal, mammootty. still there are a lot of good actors in hindi commercial cinema. srk is the most saleable star in hindi cinema. but its ajay devgan who can be called as a versatile actor. nana patekar, amir khan are also good actors. now dont speak ajay isn't a part of hindi commercial cinema. he has already bagged 2 national awards. he is a fantastic performer, and certainly a better actor than srk.

But here in this thread we aren't discussing about ajay devgan or aamir khan for that matter ..This thread is about Shahrukh khan, so lets discuss why he is a better actor..not discussing why he is not??
Maybe we should open another thread discussing about other actors like aamir or nana patekar or mammooty..

Just convincing that there are better actors than Shahrukh is not going to end this discussion..gone are the days of aamir or nana patekar or ajay devgan..

Shahrukh has given commendable performances consequetively in his recent movies like Kal ho na ho, Main Hoon Na, Veer Zaara , Swades & he will in future too..no one can challenge that . :)

nilavupriyan
23rd July 2005, 10:41 AM
nilavu, i dunt know whether u r asking seriously or not- abt. mangal pandey's hero....neways i''ll tell it is none other than the evergreen Aamir Khan.........ARRahman was gievn an undisclosed amount that is believed to have been unheard of in Indian film music history.........

YEAH.I KNOW.i have seen some function on that too.may be the casette release.

300 crores......then he will not make sharuk to spoil that character.
idhu epdi irukku :lol: :lol:

MADDY
24th July 2005, 11:39 PM
mani needs to have SRK in his unit if he intends to get back some money....... :D

nilavupriyan
25th July 2005, 11:01 AM
mani needs to have SRK in his unit if he intends to get back some money....... :D
if he need money he can make rajni to do that role.other than money the film must come out to be a classic.thats important

dlaxmi16
25th July 2005, 11:37 PM

YEAH.I KNOW.i have seen some function on that too.may be the casette release.

300 crores......then he will not make sharuk to spoil that character.
idhu epdi irukku :lol: :lol:

Why will any Smart director, cast a Great Actor in his own movie & spoil his character!! Difficult to digest.. :wink:

Ithu eppadi irukku :) :)

dlaxmi16
25th July 2005, 11:41 PM
if he need money he can make rajni to do that role.other than money the film must come out to be a classic.thats important

Maniratnam's thalapathy with Rajni, was not a great hit !! May be he doesn't want to take a second chance.. :)

Nerd
26th July 2005, 12:34 AM
Dil se (uyire) was a huge hit huh :rotfl: not withstanding good acting by manisha, mindblowing songs, the movie was a dud, thanks to Mr. SRK's cliched expressions :rotfl:

Hyderbadi
26th July 2005, 01:46 AM

If he replaces SRK with Rajini, his film will be a complete flop. Almost no one outside of TN even knows who Rajini is...

dlaxmi16
26th July 2005, 04:43 AM
Dil se (uyire) was a huge hit huh :rotfl: not withstanding good acting by manisha, mindblowing songs, the movie was a dud, thanks to Mr. SRK's cliched expressions :rotfl:

if Maniratnam is taking Shahrukh khan again for a bigger venture , he better have sense in his decision!! :D :D

MADDY
26th July 2005, 08:56 AM
hey the movie with its humungous budget will have many technicalities which need to be discussed.......and whether such a project will take off is always a question mark....but the producer being Bobby bedi, there is some hope.....

and the gud thing for me is ARRahman is not the MD.........i cant bear to see gud music wasted in a flop movie :D .......

and 1 more thing....dunt compare rajini with SRK in terms of market.....SRK's market = Rajini's+chiranjeevi's+Mahesh Babu's markets......hey this is the truth..... :D

nilavupriyan
26th July 2005, 11:18 AM

Maniratnam's thalapathy with Rajni, was not a great hit !! May be he doesn't want to take a second chance.. :)

WHAT HAPPENED TO DIL SE?UTTER FLOP.BUT THALAPATHI IS A HIT.
NAME ONE SHARUK MOVIE WHICH GAINED AS MUCH AS CHANDRAMUKHI?

nilavupriyan
26th July 2005, 11:21 AM

If he replaces SRK with Rajini, his film will be a complete flop. Almost no one outside of TN even knows who Rajini is...
RAJINI IS WELL-KNOWN IN SOUTH INDIA.ARE U AWARE OF CHANDRAMUKHI'S HIT IN SOUTH INDIA?

another thing mani doesnot want sharuk to gain audience.people will go to his movies though a new comer act in his movies.eg:madhavan in alaipayuthe.alaipayuthey is a super hit.

if mani needs the film to be classic he needs kamal or mohan lal.if he wants minimum guarentee he needs rajini

alwarpet_andavan
26th July 2005, 12:57 PM

RAJINI IS WELL-KNOWN IN SOUTH INDIA.ARE U AWARE OF CHANDRAMUKHI'S HIT IN SOUTH INDIA?

Nilavu,
For our Hyderabadi friend, anything to do with TN & AP is not good enough and no matter how hard you try to drill facts into him, he won't budge. He suffers from cognitive dissonance.
BTW, is Shah Rukh dancing in anybody's wedding this month? And any new wedding/college galatta from the Karan Johar camp?

chaotic whisperz
26th July 2005, 08:12 PM
68 million$ approx....... :shock:

damnnnnnnnnnnn........... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: im going into the wrong career...........

sanju
27th July 2005, 12:30 AM
[quote=sanju]

But here in this thread we aren't discussing about ajay devgan or aamir khan for that matter ..This thread is about Shahrukh khan, so lets discuss why he is a better actor..not discussing why he is not??
Maybe we should open another thread discussing about other actors like aamir or nana patekar or mammooty..

Just convincing that there are better actors than Shahrukh is not going to end this discussion..gone are the days of aamir or nana patekar or ajay devgan..

Shahrukh has given commendable performances consequetively in his recent movies like Kal ho na ho, Main Hoon Na, Veer Zaara , Swades & he will in future too..no one can challenge that . :)

next sharukh film will be a mixture of kuch kuch hota hai, mohabatein, dil to pagal hai and ddlj. after all he need a hit now. he is a perfect example of a steriotype actor.

for your kind information, ajay devgan is 100 times better actor than srk. srk must learn to perform versatile roles.

Hyderbadi
27th July 2005, 01:49 AM
Ajay Devgan is a better actor than SRK for sure, but he lacks that charm that SRK has.

Hyderbadi
27th July 2005, 01:50 AM

Nilavu,
For our Hyderabadi friend, anything to do with TN & AP is not good enough and no matter how hard you try to drill facts into him, he won't budge. He suffers from cognitive dissonance.
BTW, is Shah Rukh dancing in anybody's wedding this month? And any new wedding/college galatta from the Karan Johar camp?

Rajini is known in AP(since he is originally from there)....in a bad way though. People look at him as a terrible actor and regularly laugh him. No one respects him in AP.

Hyderbadi
27th July 2005, 01:55 AM

Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayeng
Veer-Zaara
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

dlaxmi16
27th July 2005, 03:31 AM

Veer-Zaara
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Dil to pagal hain
Baazigar
Karan Arjun

dlaxmi16
27th July 2005, 03:35 AM

Nilavu,

Rajini is known in AP(since he is originally from there)....in a bad way though. People look at him as a terrible actor and regularly laugh him. No one respects him in AP.

Pls lets stop comparing Sharukh & Rajni..Rajni is no way close to Sharukh..
Rajni may be superstar of Tamil Movies...Lets compare him with his own competitors in tamil industry..Till now not even one actor from Tamil Industry could make it big in Hindi Industry..What do you say about that..

dlaxmi16
27th July 2005, 03:36 AM
Ajay Devgan is a better actor than SRK for sure, but he lacks that charm that SRK has.

Very Very true.. :)

dlaxmi16
27th July 2005, 03:40 AM
[quote=sanju]

next sharukh film will be a mixture of kuch kuch hota hai, mohabatein, dil to pagal hai and ddlj. after all he need a hit now. he is a perfect example of a steriotype actor.

for your kind information, ajay devgan is 100 times better actor than srk. srk must learn to perform versatile roles.

I think you have still not seen swades , veerzaara, main hoon na...pls watch all those movies & then give your statement ..
Shahrukh is a versatile actor ..he is proving it ..He has maintained himself the best actor over the past 15 yrs..that itself is a big challenge for a Splendid actor like Shahrukh..

Hyderbadi
27th July 2005, 09:44 AM
true...if Rajinikanth was anywhere near SRK, he would have become a superstar in the national film industry instead of being a superstar only in kollywood. I think the reason why many Tamil stars have not made it big in bollywood is because many of them see themselves as guests(Kamal referred to himself as a guest in bollywood) in bollywood rather than seeing themselves as actors who are going out to act with their fellow Indians in the national film industry. Tamil actors are not bad at acting, if people like Ajith(he was in Asoka, i think) or whatever his name is tried to make a more significant presence in bollywood, they would suceed.

alwarpet_andavan
27th July 2005, 11:51 AM
Hyderabadi,
Rajni is originally from AP? Thanks for enlightening me. and where is Shah Rukh from, huh? Nagaland?????
Get your facts right. We don't need certificates from the West-aping Bollywood industry. Try this excercise - Capture your wedding (if you aren't married yet) in a decent format. Mix some songs and absolutely pathetic rerecording (if you know what that means) taken from "Ramayana" serial and make sure you were only designer clothes - Sherwani or western. Have a big Bollywood gun as a producer and distribute it through Sahara entertainment and you have a Bollywood hit there.

And DLaxmi or whoever it was, comparing SRK and Rajni - don't take the "holier-than-thou" stand, siding with Bollywood. The very idea that Bollywood is superior smacks of an arrogant attitude bordering on color discrimination.

Hyderbadi
27th July 2005, 12:39 PM
Hyderabadi,
Rajni is originally from AP? Thanks for enlightening me. and where is Shah Rukh from, huh? Nagaland?????
Get your facts right. We don't need certificates from the West-aping Bollywood industry. Try this excercise - Capture your wedding (if you aren't married yet) in a decent format. Mix some songs and absolutely pathetic rerecording (if you know what that means) taken from "Ramayana" serial and make sure you were only designer clothes - Sherwani or western. Have a big Bollywood gun as a producer and distribute it through Sahara entertainment and you have a Bollywood hit there.

And DLaxmi or whoever it was, comparing SRK and Rajni - don't take the "holier-than-thou" stand, siding with Bollywood. The very idea that Bollywood is superior smacks of an arrogant attitude bordering on color discrimination.

And where is Rajini originally from then? Based on his full name, i am 100% sure he is not originally from TN. And, i am sorry if you are in denial that bollywood is the greatest film industry in India...i can't help you with that issue. I haven't found one non-bollywood film in India that comes anywhere close to a good bollywood film...

nilavupriyan
27th July 2005, 12:41 PM

Veer-Zaara
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Dil to pagal hain
Baazigar
Karan Arjun

do u know the collection of chandramukhi is an all time record in india.nearing 100 crores.may reach it.if sharuk is all india star he should have done it.but rajni a regional super star does it easily.

nilavupriyan
27th July 2005, 12:45 PM

Nilavu,

Rajni may be superstar of Tamil Movies...Lets compare him with his own competitors in tamil industry..Till now not even one actor from Tamil Industry could make it big in Hindi Industry..What do you say about that..
why should a tamil actor should make it big in hindi industry.can u name one hindi actor made a name in tamil industry.our kamal haasan gave many blockbusters in hindi
ekduje keliye
saagar
chachi 420
saadma etc

one hindi actor shined in tamil industry?no
if they dont want to shine in tamil why must we?
we are getting world importance here itself.ok?

alwarpet_andavan
27th July 2005, 01:35 PM
Hyderabadi,
Your ignorance is so much that its stopped irritating me and its started humoring me :) In fact, i owe you entertainment tax!
Rajni is a Maharshtrian (Shivaji Rao Gaekwad) by birth, brought up in Bangalore (and practically a Kannadiga in that sense). Yeah, he's not from TN. So what?
Which state do you associate Bollywood with? Maharashtra? If so, most of the blokes are not from Maharashtra. It doesn't prove anything right?
And just because you haven't seen any S.Indian movie not good enough for your bollywood standards doesn't mean there aren't better non-Bollywood movies. Get it? Or do you need subtitles in Hindi???? (Poornima, thanks for the phrase :))
Of course there are great S.Indian movies just like there are great Bollywood movies. Accept that or bury your head in the sand like an Ostrich.

Coming back to the topic, in my book, SRK had(s) a lot of promise but somehow he hasn't broken out of his stereotype. Movies like Swades would be a welcome change.

alwarpet_andavan
27th July 2005, 01:39 PM
why should a tamil actor should make it big in hindi industry.can u name one hindi actor made a name in tamil industry.our kamal haasan gave many blockbusters in hindi
ekduje keliye
saagar
chachi 420
saadma etc

we are getting world importance here itself.ok?
Right said Fred :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:
Nethi adi!
And moreover, if people like DLaxmi and HyderaBADi speak one more word about S.Indian actors color etc. (even if they don't use that word, you dont need to be Einsteen to infer what they imply) they should be transported to places like S.Africa where apartheid is still believed to be practiced under the hood

sanju
28th July 2005, 12:23 AM
[quote=sanju]

I think you have still not seen swades , veerzaara, main hoon na...pls watch all those movies & then give your statement ..
Shahrukh is a versatile actor ..he is proving it ..He has maintained himself the best actor over the past 15 yrs..that itself is a big challenge for a Splendid actor like Shahrukh..

i hve seen all the 3 films you mentioned. swades is a better film and i think its one of his finest performances. but still he cant be termed as a versatile actor. a good actor without any versatility.

dlaxmi16
28th July 2005, 12:41 AM
Hyderabadi,

then what do u say about tamil movies....they are full of emotional melodrama, trying to catch the sentimental part of any mother, sister, daughter , son or dad in any family..Life is only a big problem in a tamil movie, there is sorrows& sadness all around...There is always a villain who wants to take revenge & then there is a hero , who has no muscles , no great body build up too..but he is ever ready to fight the enemies off..totally unbelievable..to watch a tamil movie..you only need some paper tissues or cloth towel..thats it..the amount of tears ..will show the number of days the movie will run.. :D :D
But a hindi movie is betteroff , they give you entertainment , we go to watch a movie , to enjoy ourselves ..not to spoil our hoilday..its high time..tamil movies try to change their method & trend..
:) :)

dlaxmi16
28th July 2005, 12:48 AM

Veer-Zaara
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Dil to pagal hain
Baazigar
Karan Arjun

do u know the collection of chandramukhi is an all time record in india.nearing 100 crores.may reach it.if sharuk is all india star he should have done it.but rajni a regional super star does it easily.

the earnings of chandramukhi is only expected that it will cross 100 crores..but it has not really achieved it.. :)

dlaxmi16
28th July 2005, 12:49 AM
[quote=sanju]

i hve seen all the 3 films you mentioned. swades is a better film and i think its one of his finest performances. but still he cant be termed as a versatile actor. a good actor without any versatility.

you have liked shahrukh for his performances in Swades..that itself speaks volumes... :D

dlaxmi16
28th July 2005, 01:05 AM
ekduje keliye
saagar
chachi 420
saadma etc

we are getting world importance here itself.ok?[/quote]

Inspite of giving blockbusters kamal could not sustain himself in hindi movies...not bec kamal did not want to shine in hindi movies.:)
bec he was too south indianish..which is why he couldn't make it big in hindi movies..definitely hindi actors will not come to tamil movies to make it big..bec they are already doing it good in bollywood..all actresses & actors who were a big flop in hindi industry , come down to tamil industry..like kushboo, abbas, jyothika, nagma, asin, kiran, natasha,bhoomika,nagma,heera,trisha,reema sen, roopini, madhavan and many many more..

Only Sridevi could maintain her position in bollywood for many yrs who was from tamil industry.. :D

alwarpet_andavan
28th July 2005, 01:22 PM
Only Sridevi could maintain her position in bollywood for many yrs who was from tamil industry.. :D
Rekha, Vaijayanti Mala, Aishwayra Rai (technically she's a Manglorean)........

How about the new faces from Mumbai who are coming down south? What about Tabu, Preity Zinta, Katrina Kaif and a host of others???

And i could add music directors too.......
(ARR, Sandeep Chowta (Blore?), MM Kreem, Shankar Mahadevan of SEL........)

OK, we've drifted away enough from the topic... so lets get back to SRK.

BTW, my conviction about the "holier-than-thou" atittude keeps growing stronger.... :)

nilavupriyan
28th July 2005, 03:25 PM
heyy dlaxmi.i didnt qoute that way .see ur 193rd post.edit it.
i didnt qoute it that way.infact i have opposed it

chaotic whisperz
28th July 2005, 10:22 PM

i disagree....... then again, i probably disagree cause i just dislike him for some reason

Hyderbadi
28th July 2005, 10:41 PM

How about the new faces from Mumbai who are coming down south? What about Tabu, Preity Zinta, Katrina Kaif and a host of others???

BTW, my conviction about the "holier-than-thou" atittude keeps growing stronger.... :)

Tabu is originalyl from AP...i don't know if she ever acted in Tollywood films tho..

lordstanher
29th July 2005, 11:26 AM
Tabu is originalyl from AP...i don't know if she ever acted in Tollywood films tho..

Hau :wink: she did act in one- Ninne Pelladtha w/ Nagarjuna (1996)........incidentally, I liked all the songs in tat movie except "greeku veerudu".... :D

dlaxmi16
29th July 2005, 09:38 PM

i disagree....... then again, i probably disagree cause i just dislike him for some reason

U mean u dislike Ajay devgan right.. :)

Nerd
29th July 2005, 09:39 PM
Yes Lord and that movie was dubbed in tamil too.. forgot the name though. all the songs were pretty good... it was GrEkka vIranO in tamizh 8)

dlaxmi16
29th July 2005, 09:41 PM

My quote is right..i don't have to change it..bec i stand by it.. :)

nilavupriyan
29th July 2005, 09:57 PM

My quote is right..i don't have to change it..bec i stand by it.. :)
heyy.u mistook
ur quote is ok
see in box nilavupriyan.,the qoute of mine is wrong.see there

dlaxmi16
31st July 2005, 10:12 AM

You are actually going away from the topic..the same aishwarya rai, rekha , tabu, karrina kaif,sandeep chowta, shankar mahadevan etc..who u are talking about are from bollywood...they are already successful here..and they are definitely not from the tamil industry.. :)

Now lets get back to the topic..

nilavupriyan
31st July 2005, 10:23 AM

You are actually going away from the topic..the same aishwarya rai, rekha , tabu, karrina kaif,sandeep chowta, shankar mahadevan etc..who u are talking about are from bollywood...they are already successful here..and they are definitely not from the tamil industry.. :)

Now lets get back to the topic..
rekha is a pakka tamilian.shankar mahadevan too.vayjeyanthi mala too.shankar mahadevan sang many tamil songs first.
vayjeyanthi mala is first rejected by sridhar.so only she came to hindi industry.

dlaxmi16
31st July 2005, 10:29 AM
I am not talking about languages here..I am only saying that this are the people who still made it big in bollywood only !! :)

dlaxmi16
31st July 2005, 10:31 AM
Now actually we are going away from the topic..!! 8)

nilavupriyan
31st July 2005, 10:37 AM
Now actually we are going away from the topic..!! 8)
but shankar mahadevan is aone of the biggies in tamil nadu too.anyway we can stop it here.too away from topic

dlaxmi16
31st July 2005, 10:45 AM
Ok great...then no plans for the weekend??

nilavupriyan
31st July 2005, 10:56 AM
no girl friend :roll: :lol: :lol:

dlaxmi16
31st July 2005, 10:57 AM

You are so funny...chalo gotta go now..very late..bye catch u later..

nilavupriyan
31st July 2005, 11:00 AM

You are so funny...chalo gotta go now..very late..bye catch u later..
ok.bye

ramsri
2nd August 2005, 10:48 PM
Try this excercise - Capture your wedding (if you aren't married yet) in a decent format. Mix some songs and absolutely pathetic rerecording (if you know what that means) taken from "Ramayana" serial and make sure you were only designer clothes - Sherwani or western. Have a big Bollywood gun as a producer and distribute it through Sahara entertainment and you have a Bollywood hit there.

AA,
:clap: :thumbsup: :clap:
well said! i was just going through this thread and found quite a few posts to which i was tempted to rattle off some 'kaara-saaramaana' replies , but your message leaves nothing to be said!!

chaotic whisperz
2nd August 2005, 10:59 PM

of course.......... he sucks big time

dlaxmi16
2nd August 2005, 11:38 PM

of course.......... he sucks big time

Right Ajay devgan really sucks.. :lol:

Hyderbadi
3rd August 2005, 01:54 AM
I wonder if CW even knows who Ajay Devgan is...

MADDY
5th August 2005, 02:55 AM
Hey all SRK fans...dunt miss Swades on august 15th on Star Gold channel.......my all time fav movie..... :D

dlaxmi16
5th August 2005, 03:04 AM
Hi Maddy,

Wow Great..
Any new sharukh movies releasing this diwali!!

MADDY
6th August 2005, 09:50 AM
hey laxmi, even i dunt have any info on SRK's future movies.....i dunno wat he is up to.......... :D

rami
6th August 2005, 03:35 PM
Amir is Best... SRK is going on bcos of his luck only...
SRK ...... = Ajith
Aamir <= Kamal

SRK no where near Amir
Ajit no where near Kamal

MADDY
7th August 2005, 10:32 AM
rami, did u know,sometimes ajith movies r better than Kamal's movies.......

i know y guys criticise SRK....it is bcos SRK at 38 attracts more girls than many at 20,25,18......... :lol:

wat say laxmi??? :D........
SRK has proved himself whenever a complex role has been assigned to him.....ex:swades,dil se,veer zara, paheli, asoka....if a person comes gud, given an oppurtunity then i dunt think he shuld be criticised......SRK being a superstar never gets complex/good roles......

dlaxmi16
8th August 2005, 08:49 AM
Yep ..you are right Maddy..
Shahrukh has incredible charisma at 38 too, that you will find girls of all age crazily drawn towards him.He has enormous energy & he has made wonderful contribution to indian cinema..He has done unique charaters with movies like Dil to pagal hain, Asoka, KKHH Dil se,Main Hoon Na,Kal Ho Naa Ho, Swades, Veerzaara, etc..
Shahrukh is not hesitant to play exceptional roles. He has survived bollywood for the past 15 yrs & still going strong !! :D :D

Alien
8th August 2005, 09:48 AM

i know y guys criticise SRK....it is bcos SRK at 38 attracts more girls than many at 20,25,18......... :lol:

SRK has proved himself whenever a complex role has been assigned to him.....ex:swades,dil se,veer zara, paheli, asoka....if a person comes gud, given an oppurtunity then i dunt think he shuld be criticised......SRK being a superstar never gets complex/good roles......

Geeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!! U said Asoka !!!!!!!! What did u find good abt SRK there ?? SRK massacring the king Asoka :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nilavupriyan
8th August 2005, 05:09 PM

Geeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!! U said Asoka !!!!!!!! What did u find good abt SRK there ?? SRK massacring the king Asoka :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

if ashoka is alive ..,he will return to non-violene on seeing that movie

dlaxmi16
9th August 2005, 12:47 AM

See Vasanth ...don't talk anything out of the moon,just to make a point..try to be sensible in your talk...!! :D :D

another thing you disappear suddenly, are you Mr.India or you trying to imitate him :lol: :lol:

Alien
9th August 2005, 06:29 AM

See Vasanth ...don't talk anything out of the moon,just to make a point..try to be sensible in your talk...!! :D :D

another thing you disappear suddenly, are you Mr.India or you trying to imitate him :lol: :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: I seriously didn't expect any of u to respond to me :lol: :lol:

MADDY
9th August 2005, 10:22 PM
i think it is highly unfair on kamal fans to degrade SRK at every point :D .....i think u shuld consider hindi movies where acting has a diff meaning attached to it.....u cant act like guna kamal here....for we, tamilians it is the ultimate piece of acting in history dating back to B.C but in hindi it will be dubbed as senseless acting......so we need to understand the cultural differences here and attitudnal differences betn North and South and then judge acting here......in that case asoka is indeed a gud work by SRK....

i dunt know but vasanth and nilavu seem to hate SRK more than u like kamal/........

nilavupriyan
9th August 2005, 11:29 PM
i think it is highly unfair on kamal fans to degrade SRK at every point :D .....i think u shuld consider hindi movies where acting has a diff meaning attached to it.....u cant act like guna kamal here....for we, tamilians it is the ultimate piece of acting in history dating back to B.C but in hindi it will be dubbed as senseless acting......so we need to understand the cultural differences here and attitudnal differences betn North and South and then judge acting here......in that case asoka is indeed a gud work by SRK....

i dunt know but vasanth and nilavu seem to hate SRK more than u like kamal/........
i accept amir and amitabh as good actors maddy.

dlaxmi16
9th August 2005, 11:38 PM

Yep it is so bad when everyone keeps ridiculing Shahrukh with no base at all..
Yep..this is what the diff between north & the south..
Lets accept all stars with the same attitude & outlook...not be a total star fanatics..
:? :?

Alien
11th August 2005, 07:14 AM

Maddy !! I seriously don't understand why do u always address me as a Kamal fan?!?!?! I'm a guy called Jana & has a lot else to do other than being addressed as a Kamal fan..........................................Only when it comes to movies I like Kamal Haasan & what does that has to do with I criticising SRK for an obvious pitfall of him???? Do u think the film Asoka was any sensible!!!! It was such a mockery :lol: :lol: :rotfl: Really surprised that u couldn't see it :shock:

And don't u think that last line of ur post, fits u more, with some interchange in words??

MADDY
11th August 2005, 09:31 AM
hey vasanth, i hate kamal more than i like SRK bcos kamal is someone who is against my basic ideologies.......... :D
see, MX maybe a gr8 movie for u but i did not like it a bit, same way asoka was not a gr8 movie but a diff attempt by SRK.......

Alien
11th August 2005, 09:38 AM
hey vasanth, i hate kamal more than i like SRK bcos kamal is someone who is against my basic ideologies.......... :D
see, MX maybe a gr8 movie for u but i did not like it a bit, same way asoka was not a gr8 movie but a diff attempt by SRK.......
This is what i have been saying up...Why Kamal in SRK's thread? .....

Ok , about Asoka a different attempt by SRK on his own way :rotfl: :lol2: :mrgreen: thats why the movie turned out like that :lol:

nilavupriyan
11th August 2005, 04:51 PM

maddy..........mx is not a great attempt of kamal.he himself had said that its an experiment(photographical wise).its a comedy movie too.

oh.....ohhhh......now i get why u compare mx and ashoka.both are comedy movies.right?then both are not upto the limit.may be ashoka is bit more hilarious

alias
12th August 2005, 12:03 AM

maddy..........mx is not a great attempt of kamal.he himself had said that its an experiment(photographical wise).its a comedy movie too.

oh.....ohhhh......now i get why u compare mx and ashoka.both are comedy movies.right?then both are not upto the limit.may be ashoka is bit more hilarious

If you thought it is a comedy movie then it is not SRK fault but a fault of Santosh Sivan who made it that way. So stop blaming SRK.

SRK IS THE BEST THING HAPPEN TO INDiAN CINEMA.

MADDY
12th August 2005, 09:28 AM
hey alias, welcome to this forum :D .......leave nilavu alone.....he never accepts anything that is remotely SRK as gud......it is like ARRahman bashing(no reason bashing).........

nilavupriyan
12th August 2005, 11:42 AM
hey alias, welcome to this forum :D .......leave nilavu alone.....he never accepts anything that is remotely SRK as gud......it is like ARRahman bashing(no reason bashing).........

:lol: :lol: .u mistook.i accept sharuk..but i started bashing when u said he is better than kamal.

in the ame way..i like a.r.r.........but i cant accept he is better than ir

MADDY
13th August 2005, 04:59 PM
Nilavu,so i'm not entitled to have a view that SRK is better than Kamal and ARR is better than IR....if i have one then u'll gatecrash me with ur smart-alecky comments and spoil my mood isn't it????

nilavupriyan
13th August 2005, 05:25 PM
Nilavu,so i'm not entitled to have a view that SRK is better than Kamal and ARR is better than IR....if i have one then u'll gatecrash me with ur smart-alecky comments and spoil my mood isn't it????

heyy.go back and see....i came to this thread becoz some one has said sharuk is better than kamal................why cant i oppose a suggestion...........when did i give an alecky comment....one example?

MADDY
14th August 2005, 02:27 AM
"i came to this thread becoz some one has said sharuk is better than kamal................why cant i oppose a suggestion..........."

ippavum naan solraen, SRK is a better actor than kamal IMO and ARR is better than IR IMO.......see, u cud refute them but not to the extent that everytime u come up with a bad comment abt SRK..we had stopped that arguement long back but u still visited this thread and kept dumping garbage on SRK......u like kamal and u think he is the best- good,fine, i respect it......but leave SRK alone.....

Hyderbadi
14th August 2005, 07:43 AM
"i came to this thread becoz some one has said sharuk is better than kamal................why cant i oppose a suggestion..........."

ippavum naan solraen, SRK is a better actor than kamal IMO and ARR is better than IR IMO.......see, u cud refute them but not to the extent that everytime u come up with a bad comment abt SRK..we had stopped that arguement long back but u still visited this thread and kept dumping garbage on SRK......u like kamal and u think he is the best- good,fine, i respect it......but leave SRK alone.....

What is "IMO"?

MADDY
14th August 2005, 09:01 AM
IMO-in my opinion

nilavupriyan
14th August 2005, 11:21 AM

okok...its first u who pulled kamal into the thread...not me.............what the hell kamal do in this thread......whydid u make such a comment

anyway.....lets finish this argument and look upon the plus and minus of sharuk alone

MADDY
14th August 2005, 03:41 PM
gr8 nilavu...that's the way to go.......i hope u can look SRK at a northies point of view...tamil actors have a very small range of ppl. to convince and their acting is watched by a homogenous group of ppl. called tamilians whereas its just not delhi and mumbai that a hindi actor has to convince but a entire plethora of cultures from bengalis to biharis to jammus to hyderabadis........so it has to have a national appeal where action has to be pretty lite and not heavy like tamil actors.......no offence to tamil gr8s but i just wanna say it is a diff cup of tea in hindi.....

DUNT MISS SWADES ON STAR GOLD AT 1:00 PM ON 15TH OF AUGUST......DO YOU HAVE A MOHAN BHARGAV IN YOU????

nilavupriyan
14th August 2005, 04:13 PM
gr8 nilavu...that's the way to go.......i hope u can look SRK at a northies point of view...tamil actors have a very small range of ppl. to convince and their acting is watched by a homogenous group of ppl. called tamilians whereas its just not delhi and mumbai that a hindi actor has to convince but a entire plethora of cultures from bengalis to biharis to jammus to hyderabadis........so it has to have a national appeal where action has to be pretty lite and not heavy like tamil actors.......no offence to tamil gr8s but i just wanna say it is a diff cup of tea in hindi.....

DUNT MISS SWADES ON STAR GOLD AT 1:00 PM ON 15TH OF AUGUST......DO YOU HAVE A MOHAN BHARGAV IN YOU????

mohan bargav?.the charecter name of sharuk?