PDA

View Full Version : Any Paulo Coelho fans here?!!!

Alchemist
2nd March 2005, 03:59 AM
As mentioned elsewhere in the forum, I am going to start this offensive for master writer Paulo Coelho.

His book "The Alchemist" has changed my life so profoundly that it will be hard to convince me that there could be any better bestseller author these days. Paulo Coelho lives up to the principles exposed in his wiritings. Therefore his words are able to touch the soul and heart of millions of readers. It is magic!

The newest book by Coelho, "The Zahir" is about to be published next month in some parts of the world. There is an information about it already on Paulo Coelho´s official website, http://www.paulocoelho.com

Cheers from Vienna,
a Paulo Coelho fan

:wink:

deekaram
12th November 2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Alchemist..

I have read three of his books

Alchemist
eleven minutes
By the River Piedra I sat down and wept

I could find a common root of thought in all the three though they were all having different subject.

I was obssessed with Alchemist. This book turned the tide in my life. I can see a whole lot of change after reading Alchemist.. In fact I wanted to translate that book in my own language for the benifit of regional readers.. I am not sure if its already been done!!

What a simple philosophy "Follow your Dream" I feel it is a must read for everyone no matter whether one likes philosophy or not..

This simple story of the shepherd boy! Santiago. going in search of his True Destiny conveys powerful messages and inspirational thoughts for everyone of us..no matter what our dreams are..... I have gifted this book to many and I feel that its a must book one should possess in their collection... and re read it ...

When I was reading this book I was felt like the boy!!... I was travelling in the story and learning the life by meeting people....

Paulo cohelo has writing style that touches your heart in every line he writes..makes us - get afeeling, which we normally get after attending a good sermon....

crazy
19th January 2006, 02:19 PM
i have been rercently collecting coelho's books and reading! i just finished his book called " the devil and miss prym", it is a great book, try it! i liked it very much!
have any of you read his new book calle " the zahir"?

Zimmermann
28th March 2006, 01:22 AM
The Alchemist was a nice book. I still read it three or four times.
But the rest I found somehow slowing...

Alan
12th November 2006, 02:15 PM
I enjoyed the Alchemist - there's something surreal about its simplicity- But I still wonder if the book has been translated well enough from its original Brazilian version!

I was totally fascinated by the logic given in the Eleven Minutes- on a higher, more philosophical note, one understands it all.

Haven't read any other book by Coelho.

crazy
13th November 2006, 02:52 PM
elev minutes.................logic :roll:

Alan
14th November 2006, 03:30 PM
I don't know your age........so I really comment on that expression.

But I assume, you have not fully grasped the story fully- its not just about a whore, mind you.

crazy
14th November 2006, 04:21 PM
of course i didnt mean that way either, but eleven minutes ................. :roll: i dint find anything spec with that! Just my opinion

Alan
17th November 2006, 01:37 PM
ok

sundararaj
10th December 2006, 03:50 PM
Sorry...I'm not the one.

Sinthiya
26th December 2006, 09:09 AM
hmm...I'm interested in reading The Alchemist....:roll:...

crazy
28th December 2006, 02:28 PM
what about Zahir and The Pilgrimage? why aint they at the poll?