PDA

View Full Version : Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy in TFM - Viswaroopam

Oldposts
1st March 2005, 04:17 PM
Topic started by Jay (@ 203.124.234.166) on Tue Jan 28 01:28:13 EST 2003.

Remember the Music Director trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, the music directors of Kamal Hassan's Alavandhaan. They seem to be missing in the Tamil scene for the last 2 years and they are doing really good in the Hindi field. They have given solid musical hits in Hindi such as; Mission Kashmir, Dil Chahtha Hai. I think they can be brought to the Tamil films again. I feel they are definitely better than Deva and a few others. I think they are the best as far as Hindi Film Music goes after A R Rahman.

I would like healthy comments who listen to Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and have a fair knowledge of Hindi Film Industry.

Oldposts
Old responses (http://tfmpage.com/forum/16355.12120.01.28.13.html)

Oldposts
Hi Ehsaan,
Hows Roop Kumar Rathod??? He seems to be one of those unlucky guys, who can sing very well, but no chance....even though he is the brother of Shravan of Nadeem-Shravan...

T-Series is famous for such things..they have done lots of re-recording to promote Anuradha Poduval and Sonu Nigam.

Oldposts
Congrats on the new assignment for Sunil Darshan movie

Somuda

Oldposts
hi ehsaan,
How'd u rate the new singers like Shreya?

Oldposts
shreya is a very good singer i cant really rate singers as each and every one of them has something to offer . but yes shreya has a lovely voice and has the technique to go with it

Oldposts
what is it with the current trend in tamil music all the songs are the typical 6/8 rhythm like the song ' manmatrasa " by dheena which had dhanush in it !!!! every time one puts on ss music thats all one hears !!!what happened to the lovely melodic music one heard from tfm

Oldposts
Ehasan ,

I think you have not listened to the melodies in recent movies ,though i agree teh ratio of stree songs /Melodies has gone down ...atleast i can give u a list of melodies which had 3-4 melodies ..

1.7/g RainBow colony by Yuvan Shankar Raaja
2.Varnajalam - By Vidhyasagar
3.Ragasiymai by Karthik Raaja
4.Kudaikul Mazhai by Karthik Raaja
5.Bose by Yuvan Shankar Raaja
6.Chellame by Harris jeyarj
7.Parthipan Kanavu by Vidhyasagar
8.ULLAM by Yuvan SHankar Raaja
9.Autograph by Bharadwaj
10.Kangalal Kadihu Sei - ARR
11.Thendral by Vidhyasagar
12.Virumaandi by Illayraaja

Oldposts
Ehsaan,

Best wishes on your new ventures. Glad to see talented guys like you (Shankar& Loy) gaining more popularity than the likes of Annu, Jatin and the other composers

One thing that pains us is the lack of respect to South Inidan singers in Bollywood. If time permits please read chitra's interview at
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/stars/interview_chitra_2004.shtml. (http://www.telugucinema.com/c/stars/interview_chitra_2004.shtml.
)

Chitra is one of the best singers we have and she is being treated similar (May be a littel better) to waht happened to Vani Jayaram in the 70s.

Tamil/Telugu insustries weclome North Inidan singers and give their due (Sometimes at the expense of some good singers here). In Tamil Sadhana sings frequently, while in telugu, every other file has Udit, Shreya, Shankar singing.

When Rajashri opted fro Chitra in their latest film, the many hindi magazines gave scathing review of her. I remember comparing her to the male singer who was introduced by L-P in PREM (I believe Sanjay Kapoor and Tabu's first movie) and comments said how she sounded non hindi-ish?

ANy comments on this?

Will Bollywood ever change and come out of their narrow outlook? Can South Indian Singers never get their due in Bollywood?

Shame on Bollywood Music Directors if they call Chira to sing and later dub it over by some other singer.

Bala

Oldposts
hi thanks for your kind comments . we have used chitra in the past for te soundtrack of our film armaan. she is a great singer and working with her was a lovely experience. it really is unfortunate that a lot fo singers from the south dont get used here. i guess some singers like anuradha sriram and chitra have been a few songs.
very often the excuse made is that the pronounciation is wrong and that there is a string south indian accent. i somehow dont believe that it is true because with the right supervision these things are corrected. we have worked with chitra , srinivas and sujatha and we hope that we will work with a lot more of them in the future.

Oldposts
Ehassan ,
Thanks alot .I really appreciate ur broadmindness ..

Oldposts
Ehsaan

Thanks a lot for the response..

Wish you good luck and much more successes

Bala

Oldposts
Hi Ehsaan!
Thanks for your frank opinions on this controversial subject. I have one question to you regarding the composition style in hindi Film Music. In hey days of IR and MSV in TFM, the boldness with with light music was pushed towards classical music was very evident. The experimentation level was also generally very high. Offbeat tunes based on rare raagas were often used by MSV , KVM and IR and they got successful too(popular response). In hindi film world, were there any such phases? I can recollect only Salilda's bold use of folk and Ravindra jain's use of pure hindustani classical. I hope to hear more khayaals, abhangs and natyageets from you guys atleast in the future.
Thanks and regards,
Jaiganesh

Oldposts
How do music directors find new singers? Do aspiring singers send you demo tapes? Do you have talent scouts?

Oldposts
Ehsaan ,
Just saw vanity fair ..i do know that the end song gori ..was done by sel ..What about the BGMs that have indian feel ?Where they done by you ...???

Oldposts
hi ravi we do have a lot of singers sending us demo tapes and also coming in fro auditions we do not have talent scouts.

Oldposts
Hi Ramki the BGM ,s are not by us excpept for a little part just before the song comes in when she meets the guy who is going to india.

Oldposts
Dears Mr Shankar, Mr Ehsaan, Mr Loy,

Hallo! I am one of the millions who are great Old Hindi Film Music lovers and also NOW became your fan. Frankly speaking, I have not heard your ALL scores, but still claim to be your fan after listening to some of them.

The main reason for this is the last Saturday evening here in 'Pune Festival' during your magnificent performance. The audience was completely mad for you and really involved totally in your music.

On personal level, the thing created a great respect and love for three of you when I had opportunity to click you in the Green Room after the show. I was with my two friends, Ajay Naik & Pramod Tupe (he had participated in 'star yar kalakar' with Mr Shankar). Your totally down to earth nature & attitude is found very rare in today's glamourous film industry. I really have don't words to express my feelings after experiencing the top positioned artists' behavious with us.

I thank you for the same sincerely wish the brightest future.

Just a curiosity to know whether all three of you compose the music or divide the things such as composing, arranging, conducting etc?

Eagerly waiting for your response, sirs. With Warm Regards...

prasad sanwatsarkar, pune

Oldposts
Hi Ehsaan,
I was just thinking, How many singers are really totally Hindi speaking???

Kishore Kumar, Kumar Sanu, Abhijeet, Babul Supriyo are all from West Bengal...

Udit Narayan is from Bihar, near the Nepal border...

KK (or Krishna Kumar Menon) is from Kerala...

Oldposts
well vijoy i do agree with u !! infact just yesterday shankar and i had an argument with a film maker about using a particular south indian voice for a song. and i brought up exactly what u have posted about udit and k.k. etc. looks like we are going to be using anuradha sriram and sowmya pretty soon.

Oldposts
Hi Ehsaan!
Also(please)try using P.Balraam(He sang in Kannathil Muthamittaal) , Madhu Balakrishnan(He sang in bharathy and Pithamagan), O.S.Arun(He sings Divine Bhajans divinely!).
Thanks,
Jaiganesh

Oldposts
Ehsaan pls try to use Sriram Parthasarathy and Unnikrishnan too, they have a fabu.. voice.

Oldposts
whihc songs has sriram parthasarathy sung ?

Oldposts
Eid Mubarak Ehsaan Ji

I hope you are well!

Kind regards

Jyothi

Oldposts
hi jyothi thanks a lot how r u

Oldposts
Hi Ehsaan!
Sriram Parthasarathy has sung "Elangaathu Veesudhe" in Pithamagan.
Thanks,
Jaiganesh

Oldposts
Hi Ehsaan,
Id Mubharak, Congrats on the National Award ( little late..), I never posted in this thread although I do browse thro' this thread on and off.
Yes, "Elangathu Veesudhe" was sung by Sriram Parthasarathy for the movie " Pithamagan" which got the best actor National award for Vikram
(2003), This is a must listen song, this is one of the few melodies by Maestro Ilaiyaraja.

It is unfortunate that most of the network cable channels in India get carried away with some sort of fast numbers in the top tens and other such programs so many of the melodiuos ones don't even appear in the new releases or top tens (I am referring to ur previous post about the " manmadha raasa" kind of songs being shown all the time in some channels, even the regional channels such as SUN Tv etc are so biased , I wonder how other channels would be better)

Did u get a chance to listen to the songs from some of the movies listed by MumbaiRamki?

How do u find them ?

Prabhudas

Oldposts
hi jaiganesh thanks for the info
hi prabhudas i still havent had the chance to hear the songs but will do so as and when it is unfortunate that the record companies put only promos of fast songs on the air it seems to be a countrywide phenomenon

Oldposts
Ehsaan ,
Probably you can watch Sun TV from 11 Pm -12 PM ..They do show some new songs + some songs that were released in the past 1 year ....Of course very posible that you might get confused with SUn TV ,Surya TV ..as both of them have the same symbol :)

Oldposts
Hi Ehsaan!
We lovers of good music @ TFMpage, we are always curious about the creative process behind music composition. Can you give us a glimpse of how you guys
1. compose music for songs &
2. Background music.

Thanks,
Jaiganesh

Oldposts
Hi Ehsaan, love your work!!! I just have a question. Will you guys be doing the music for Zoya Akhtar (Farhan Akhtar's sister)'s debut film - "Luck By Chance"? Please let me know.

Oldposts
hi jaiganesh we basically begin composing the songs after getting a ful narration of the script then we get otgether in the studio where we jam and put ideas directly on hard disk and so on and so forth. the background score anturally is done after viewing the film a couple of timesa nd marking out where the music in and out points will be. we have to create themes for characters or for the film in totality but in hindi film the song normally dictates the themes as in kal ho na ho . after recording the background with synthesizers and samplers we dub the live strings normally in chennai and then the live flute parts and chorus. all 3 of us are the arranger , producer and all 3 of us sequence parts.

Oldposts
hi arun yes we are doing the music for luck by chance but the dates are still not finalised.
<a name="last"></a>

MumbaiRamki
1st March 2005, 10:28 PM
Ehsaan
LOng Time no See...

WHat are the current films u are doing now ?

jaiganes
2nd March 2005, 07:25 AM
Thanks ehsaan!
That was nice of you to take pains to explain to me how you guys combine to create music. As is the case with anybody in a creative field, you guys must have been inspired by some projects done by legends in the industry, seeing or observing which, the thought that we should do something like it (of course in your own way). What was (or were) the projects that constantly remind you that you haven't done one of this sort yet.. In short a kind of project which all three of you are yearning for...?

vincent
30th March 2005, 02:36 PM
I'M WAIT FOR THIER NEXT TAMIL FILM

Ehsaan
2nd April 2005, 10:34 AM
hi everyone its been sometime since i posted here . we have been busy with the background score of bunty aur babli which is shaad alis film starring abhishekh bacchan , rani mukherjee and amitabh bacchan .
the music releases second week of april.
our own website shankarehsaanloy.com is up please do check that out as well.

narcot
2nd April 2005, 03:45 PM
Hi Ehsaan,

Good luck on BB!! Oh ya, saw you on MTV Bakra Din special !
Promos of BB are looking great! Had a sneak peak of the title track "Bunty aur Babli" from Shankar at the MTV bakra special when he sang the same to the camera.

Good luck to you and Shaad as well for the film to be a super duper success! Am sure the film and its music are gonna do v.v.well. When is the release? please let us know.

-narcot

Ehsaan
3rd April 2005, 12:04 AM
hi the album should be releasing around the 2nd week of april .

Sudalai
3rd April 2005, 09:47 PM
Ehsaan,
Good luck..!

narcot
4th April 2005, 11:58 AM
hi ehsaan,

Maayavi songs are v.good. The song "Kadavul..." is quite melodious and so is the sadhnasargam - KK number in Ayya

Waiting to listen to BB .

Regards,

narcot a.ka BB

R.Latha
2nd December 2011, 01:03 PM
Viswaroopam news

Birju Maharaj will choreograph a Kathak sequence for Haasan's upcoming Hindi-Tamil bi-lingual. Reportedly, Haasan and Birju Maharaj have been practicing the steps for the Shankar Mahadevan composed song for the last two months

R.Latha
14th December 2011, 07:52 PM
Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy are playing at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre on Friday.

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/one-trio-demonstrates-the-tireless-work-of-bollywood-composers

R.Latha
16th January 2012, 11:30 AM
about viswaroopam songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tyzP-6hgXE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHNDjpVlE4&feature=related