PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Good-Quality flute in Chennai

prk
1st March 2005, 02:36 AM
Hi,
I want to learn indian flute music in my free time. Can you suggest some good places in chennai where I can buy a good flute and some books to teach myself? Also, If there are any good link on flute and flute-playing, please post.

Thanks,
RK

Sudhaama
1st March 2005, 03:24 AM
At Chennai... You can try ... at...

(1)..Sapthaswara Musical Stores .... (Opposite to Valluvar Statue)
Royapettah High Road,
Mylapore.

(2) Musical-Stores (Opposite Panagal park)
Kumaran-Silk-Complex - Ground-Floor)
T. Nagar .

There are Pre-recorded CD's available for Self-Tuition on various Music forms.... You can try in the above stores or the Relevant Shops.

Books and all such relevant aids for learning Flute or any such Musical Instruments are available in these stores... preferably Sapthaswara.

Any other help or ADVICE on the matter... yiou can just contact Kalakshethra., Adyar.

Sudhaama
1st March 2005, 03:37 AM
In continuation of Previous Posting ....

Selection of the BEST FLUTE

To ensure the Good quality selection... it is better to take with you... one Advisory person who knows well how to play the Flute.

Because... the Swarasthana aptness to the purest degree is important.... which can be indentified and discerned amongst the various choices only by playing it properly... by demonstration and adjudgement..

...which can be made possible only by a well- acquainted person...

....but not by a Kaththuk-kutti... a new learner... Student !!!

K.T.DASARATHY
1st March 2005, 09:29 PM
DEAR SIR

PLS CONTACT SHRI RAVI THRU TELEPHONE NO.28446597 WHO IS A LEADING FLUTIST AS WELL AS FLUTE MAKER. HIS FLUTES ARE WELL IN DEMAND THROUGH OUT THE WORLD. FOR COACHING THRU ONLINE U CAN CONTACT ME. I AM TEACHING MANY THRU CDS AND INTERNET. FOR DETAILS ABOUT ME AND MY COACHING PLS SEE THE FLWG LINK www.chennaionline.com/cityfeature/internetmusic.asp

sasibaloo
2nd March 2005, 01:46 AM
shri Dasarathi,
Is Ravi is one amongst Raghu Ravi disciples of Ramani?

prk
2nd March 2005, 02:18 AM
Thank you Sudhaama for the detailed information on flute-buying and learning.

Thank to Dasarathy for the online classes information.

RK

K.T.DASARATHY
2nd March 2005, 07:15 AM
YES.RAVI IS THE ONE OF THE FAMOUS MADRAS BROTHERS ,THE DISCIPLES OF LEGENDARY FLUTE MALI AND SUNDARAM,THEIR FATHER.
K.T.DASARATHY