View Full Version : Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

joe
25th February 2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks Prabhuram!

tacinema
25th February 2006, 12:31 PM
** copy: ref best actor ever in tamil cinema **

Joe: I like your postings, but it is better that we can combine all those materials and release them as a book. There are plenty of materials about Sivaji available in the open market, which should be collected and made as a book. We need to preserve those treasures and the future tamil cinema needs them. The man who created and made history in tamil cinema should be given proper place in the history.

Thirumaran: I appreciate you dissected my posting and tried to analyze it. But I am afraid to say that your arguments are not correct. First, kamal fans should learn to agree their idol mistakes. IF you take a close look at my posting, I said some of 80s Sivaji's movies were crap. I know they were not Sivaji's quality. A bad movie is a bad movie, no matter however you tried to convice me, period. If you say Kamal's MExpress/Sankar lal/managamma sabatham/kadal meengal/enakkul oruvan/neeyaa etc. are good, then no body in the world is going to agree either with you or with any other kamal fans. Also, you are falling flat on your own argument. If you say that you haven't seen VPkattabooman in full, then you should not argue with me. When I say that sivaji made history with his first movie, then you come back and tell me that Sivaji was lucky. Luck was no factor for his unbelievable success in his first movie. His sheer hard work and dedication made it. His punctuality made it. Sivaji's punctuality, hard work and dedication are well known in film world. FYI: Karnan was not a flop movie. To know more about Karnan's run, search in Google and find out or refer old Saradha's posting.

All Kamal Fans: When you open a thread "for best actor", discuss only acting department or anything appears directly on screen. Not dialogue writing, singing, camera, direction, and so on, they are background jobs. If you are going to combine all under acting department, then only T.Rajendar/K.Bhagyaraj could compete. Again, in each of these "other" departments, they are other better qualified people around. Also, can someone tell me what is an experimental movie? Cinema itself is an experimental/dream world. Just because Kamal's movies are different, it does not mean they are experimental. If that is the case, all Cheran movies should come under "experimental" category. Again, SOME (not all) of kamal movies are direct copy of hollywood movies and you should not classify them as experiements.

Remember Sivaji was a director's actor. With that restriction he gave mind boggling movies. He was given different assignments such as freedom fighter, lawyer, police officer, family man, father, slave, poor, rich, egoistic person, emotional guy,womenizer, lover, comedy, love failure and he amazingly portrayed each of these and made them history. This was in straight contrast to his arch rival MGR, who, in most part, acted as savior of poor people. This is what I mean subtle performance. Sivaji was not only successful in performance, but he was commercially blockbuster. Don't you guys now agree that Kamal or any other actor is still struggling in performance compared to N.Thilagam?

When it comes to Sivaji's movies, it is just sivaji movie. The director/comedian are immaterial. He is the only pillar in his movie, he and only he was considered. If you look at his block busters such as vasantha maaligai, the movie did not have comedy part (though Nagesh is there). Just Sivaji lifted the movie and it is just like today's Rajini movies. Another example: Pattikata Pattanama was the highest collected movie in b/w category; that movie did not have good comedy and songs are not as catchy as you expect. Still, he lifted the movie just with his presence. Even MGR did not have that privilege, he always needed good comedy and songs. The conclusion is Just sivaji's presence made the magic. After Sivaji, only Rajini can fit this bill.

So, acting started with Sivaji and ended with him. Every others can act, but the fact is their action will revolve around Sivaji's domain

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2006, 12:49 PM
/////////////What do you mean by French Thespian award?'Chelavier'.?.If yes,Yes,Nadigar Thilagam and Sathyajithray are the only 2 people from India got this highest french award for Arts.////////////

Sad NOT MANY KNOW ALL THESE FACTS. Yet they talk a lot!

Alien
25th February 2006, 05:53 PM
Whatz the necessity to bring other actors here ? :huh:

joe
26th February 2006, 10:27 PM
Sivaji rules!
V S Srinivasan chats with the chevalier

Sivaji Ganesan in Parasakti (1952)

"Ennappa eppadi irukkai(How are you keeping?)," Sivaji Ganesan greets you heartily as you walk in though the door. "Ellam Soukyamdhane? (Everything is fine, isn't it?)". It is chaste Tamil, the only variety he speaks. Ganesan is in Bombay on a personal visit. Accompanied, this time, by wife Kamala and son Ram Kumar.

His wife is busy chatting with some other guests, apparently Lata Mangeshkar's nephew and some of the singer's other relatives. "My wife and they like to talk a lot. The only hitch is that they don't know Tamil... But they still hold discussions for hours together." He laughs loudly, the rich and full-throated sound that charged many a theatre filling the small room.

Ganesan has this habit of laughing things off. And there is atmosphere of drama around that magnificent persona that few other Indian actors possess.

Ask him about the Dadasaheb Phalke Award he won this year, an award fans consider unduly delayed, and he smiles.

Sivaji Ganesan with Pandari Bai in Andha Naal (1954)

"Ah, awards! You tell me, are awards important as long as you are sincere about work? I am not at all concerned about awards. I am not running around telling the world that I have the Dadasaheb Phalke award now. But at the same time, I had never complained about not getting the award. If you feel, that I should have got the award earlier, that is because you respect my abilities as a professional actor. Many people say, that I act quite well," he smiles modestly with a faint hint of amusement.

But the Tamil thespian has won few awards in India though in Tamil Nadu he is dubbed the nadigar tilakam (greatest among actors). And, in 1995, he was accorded the title of chevalier by the French government, a slap in the face of Indian indolence, claim fans.

Tamil Nadu was quick to follow, naming the road on which his bungalow in Madras is situated Chevalier Sivaji Road.

"Although, I have not got any awards in India, I have got a lot of awards abroad. Sometime ago the United States of America invited me over, an honour accorded earlier only to Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Isn't that enough. Previously, our government had thought that I still had a long way to go to get the award. Maybe that's why they did not give it to me. I think I must have come of age now," says Sivaji, sarcasm personified.

As you watch the man talk, you get the feeling that he still sees himself as being onstage. Sometimes he flings his arms up and, sometimes, he gesticulates dramatically, reminding you of one or the other of the innumerable roles he has essayed. It makes you wonder whether all along you've just been seeing Ganesan depict himself on screen, or whether the screen persona has infected the real man.

You don't spend time musing while the actor is gauging your reactions but ask him if son Prabhu is going to be his successor in Tamil cinema.

Again you get that feeling of deja vu, as he thunders in resonating tenor, his delivery gaining in power with righteousness, and ending in a quiet and undeniable assertion.

Sivaji Ganesan with S S Rajendran and Vijayakumari in Pachai Vilakku (1964)

"One has to work hard to become someone's successor. I'm not a man to parcel my success and give it to my son or anyone else in the world. He has to earn it! And that will be decided by the masses. The public will decide after it sees the man's talent.

"Can anyone say, for instance, that (Tamil Maanila Congress leader) G K Moopanar is a successor of that great leader, Kamraj? Never!"

Born Villipuram Chinnayya Ganesan, he earned the name of Sivaji after he excelled in the role of the Maratha chieftain in a Tamil film, in the wake of a play on which the film was based. The film was also a hit in Maharashtra, where Shivaji is a folk hero.

Did he do the role so well because he became the character?

"Aiyo. Never do that. An actor should never get into the shoes of the character he is playing. Suppose he is playing the role of Narsimha in Bhakta Prahlad and he decides to take on Hiranyakashpu and tear that poor guy's heart out, after kicking the sound and lights to one side and biting the heroine?" He laughs uncontrollably, looking far, far younger than his years.

But time has still left its mark. And now, Ganesan is getting more choosy about his roles, his last film being Kamal Hasan's Thevar Magan. But his following want more from him.

"It is very nice to know that there are people who want you to go on.... That is a great compliment to me. But then I am quite old now. I have ruined my health by working hard on my acting, and that too in many films. I would definitely act if I got a good role... There will be a demand for roses only if they are scarce and good... If I start acting in too many films, my value goes down."

Ganesan first entered theatre because his father, a freedom fighter, was more often in jail than out.

Sivaji Ganesan with Soucar Janaki in Uyarndha Manithan (1968)

"Theatre has taught me everything. My teacher (Chinna Ponniswamy Padayachi of Chidambaram) taught me Bharatnatyam, acting, body movements... Practically everything. My task was rendered more difficult by the fact that I had to play female characters... I was quite jealous of the rough and tough boys because they used to get to play the male roles."

Padayachi, Ganesan says, was himself an outstanding stage actor. And he learnt in an atmosphere that was reminiscent of an ashram school. Then, in a different vein, adds: "That was before you were born." He laughs.

After years on stage, Sivaji bagged a role in Parasakti in 1952. "The sound engineer faulted my dialogue delivery, complaining that I moved my lips like a fish. I was upset but the film's director Krishnan Panju encouraged me saying that I had performed well and a bright future awaited me."

Sivaji has now completed 45 years in filmdom, his peak being in Veerapandya Kattabomman, where he electrified audiences with his performance.

Sivaji Ganesan with Jayalalitha in Enga Maa (1968)

"I was inspired by the character of Kattabomman when I used to watch the theru koothus (street dramas) as a child. I had memorised all the dialogues. But that role is not my favourite. I like all my roles, because I do full justice to every one . All good artistes will tell you the same thing. If someone has his roots in theatre, he will definitely tell you that all his roles are the same," he smiles.

But then why, if he was so devoted to acting, did he enter politics?

"That was an adventure, or rather a misadventure," he says, unabashed. But would try again, given the chance?

Chance," he says heavily. "That is what people wait for. I am sitting here because I have not got a chance. If accorded an opportunity, I will certainly go in for it. I will be a liar if I told you that I don't want to re-enter politics."

Does he have any other future plans? And the hero smiles again.

"Plans are for businessmen. I am an actor. I will always remain an actor. What was my ambition when I started of is the same now. I still want to be a good actor!"
http://www.rediff.com/entertai/dec/24siv.htm

joe
26th February 2006, 10:31 PM
5 greatest dialouges uttered
http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Sivaji_Ganeshan-74726-1.html

joe
26th February 2006, 10:33 PM
Tamil cinema's lodestar

S. VISWANATHAN

"VICTORY, victory," shouts Villupuram Chinniah Ganesan as he makes his first appearance in his debut film Parasakthi, released in 1952. When he acted in that opening scene, he was stepping into a career that would take him to the heights of success, winning the admiration of Tamils across the globe as the versatile actor Sivaji Ganesan.

It was, therefore, not surprising that the death of Sivaji Ganesan was mourned by the entire Tamil-speaking community. Thousands of people, including hundreds of film artists and technicians, attended his funeral held in Chennai on July 23 with state honours; thousands more watched it on television. Kannada actor Raj Kumar, Telugu actors A. Nageswara Rao and Chiranjeevi and Malayalam actor Mammooty joined their film fraternity in Tamil Nadu in paying homage to the thespian.

Sivaji Ganesan's rich and varied contribution to Tamil cinema was recalled by President K.R. Narayanan, Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee, Tamil Nadu's acting Governor Dr. C. Rangarajan, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa (who co-starred with him in a number of films) and Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president M. Karunanidhi (who wrote the script for Parasakthi). Homage was paid to the veteran actor in the Rajya Sabha, of which he was a member for a term from 1983 to 1989.

More than 300 films in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and Malayalam - from Parasakthi to Pooparikka Varigirom - an impressive record indeed. For every three years in his first two decades in the profession, he acted in 25 films. Even more impressive is the fact that 65 per cent of his films were hits; they ran for 100 days and more, according to film historians. More than the number of the films he acted in, it was his versatility that earned for him wide admiration.

Critics list several films as his best in terms of performance. However, according to the actor, his career best was Kappalottiya Thamizhan, which tells the life of a freedom fighter, V.O. Chidambaram.

Sivaji Ganesan's forte was dialogue delivery, and it was this aspect of his performance that attracted youth to his films, at least in the first decade of his career. Film historian and media analyst S. Krishna-swamy observes in a tribute: "Sivaji Ganesan's voice and diction not only changed the course of dialogue delivery in Tamil films and plays, but also had a deep impact on the manner in which the language is spoken by narrators on radio and television. This is perhaps the most impressive contribution of the late thespian."

Two factors contributed to this success. First, the principal actors in Tamil films of the 1940s and the 1950s were Telugus, whose talent in acting was not matched by the way they delivered dialogues in Tamil. In fact, Sivaji Ganesan himself lent his voice to Mukkammala Krishnamurthy, a Telugu actor, for a Tamil film, Niraparathi, before the making of Parasakthi, and the film was well-received by the Tamil audience. Secondly, the 1950s saw the growth of the Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu, thanks to the forceful oratory of leaders such as C.N. Annadurai and Karunanidhi. They transferred their language skill to the film medium in the scripts they wrote, ensuring their instant acceptance.

Sivaji Ganesan with his extraordinary memory and stentorian voice could captivate his fans with long spells of dialogues in chaste Tamil. He said in an interview that Parasakthi marked a break with the past, when Tamil films used to have 15 or more songs each. "Moreover," he said, "dialogue for me is poetry. I have a passion for poetry. And so, there was no problem for me in rendering it effectively."

ONE major criticism about Sivaji Ganesan is that he "overacted" his roles. Writer and film critic Jnani does not agree with this perception. He observes: "This criticism arises only when one sees Tamil art, and Indian art in general, through the prism of European art tradition. Tamil - and Indian - art traditions basically differ from those of Western realistic art. Therukkoothu (Tamil), Yakshagana Bayalatta (Kannada) and Jatra (Bengali) fall under the category of stylisation, which the West today considers as magical realism. Just as the Puranas and Indian mythology explain real-life situations and truths through fantasies, in art acting depicts reality through stylisation. That is our tradition. Sivaji was an outstanding representative of this tradition." Krishnaswamy, who holds a similar view, says: "If your theme is melodrama, your performance has to match it. But Sivaji Ganesan's range and immense versatility did not confine him to this stylised performance. He could challenge an actor of the realistic school when the story and the character demanded it."

Cho S. Ramaswamy, the actor-turned-journalist, who acted with Sivaji Ganesan in many films, brought up the criticism of "overacting" to the notice of Sivaji Ganesan with reference to a particular scene in a film. The thespian, according to Cho, demonstrated the same role in a subdued way. Asked why he did not do so in the film, Sivaji Ganesan replied: "In that case only you and me may enjoy the film, not the common people." Sivaji himself attributed his histrionic ability to his vast stage experience that preceded his entry into cinema. He recalled that he used to do four roles in the Ramayana staged by a drama troupe of which he was a part for over 10 years.

How did he manage to have a five-decade-long innings in a highly competitive industry? Some say that it was mainly owing to his strict discipline on the sets, punctuality and willing cooperation with his co-artists and technicians, and, above all, humility. He believed that only team spirit could ensure a film's success.

Unlike his one-time associate and main competitor M.G. Ramachandran, who later became Chief Minister, Sivaji Ganesan did not appear to have had any significant influence over the people at the mass level. His encounter with active politics ended in a fiasco. An admirer of E.V. Ramasamy in his youth, he soon joined the DMK. His admiration for Congress stalwart K. Kamaraj brought him to the Congress. He left it to form his own outfit but disbanded it after burning his fingers in the 1989 elections. Ultimately he landed in the Janata Dal. Soon he realised that he was not made for politics and called it a day.

Sivaji Ganesan was perhaps the first film personality in Tamil Nadu to be loved and respected in such large measure merely for his excellence in acting. Many characters in his films have had an impact on the general psyche of the people. As expressed by several fans in their letters to newspapers paying homage to the actor, his films created many role-models in human and familial relations. His heading a large joint family of at least three generations, at a time when joint families are cracking everywhere, has also been a talking point for his admirers. What is certain, however, is that through the effective use of the medium of cinema, one
http://www.flonnet.com/fl1816/18161140.htm

joe
26th February 2006, 10:44 PM
"An apostle of arts,a paragon of virtue,and a master of craft-all put into one is Dr.Sivaji"-Kannada superstar Dr.Rajkumar

lancelot
26th February 2006, 10:53 PM
i once was this movie whit Sivaji and Prabu in it....
in this movie...sivaji want sto make his dream movie...... he is looking for a good actress....
he wants prabu to act in the movie... but he is all religous an stuff...

at last prabu falls in love with the actress of the movie... an i think both of them die at the end.....

wats the name of this movie???? was it a hit????

hehe
:D

joe
26th February 2006, 11:02 PM
Lancelot,
I think the movie is 'Saathanai',sivaji acted as a movie director

joe
26th February 2006, 11:03 PM
[tscii:0fedc5e1ea]In Memory of Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan

If there was a matinee idol in the realms of Indian cinematic history who received as much accolades and an equally strong bout of criticism for his histrionic abilities, it was Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan. Given that he never achieved the national status that he deserved perhaps is a reflection of the complexities of the language of his mother tongue that required strong grammar, poetic undertones and louder decibels for dialogue delivery. Film critics and audience forming the majority in the North of the Vindayas who were used to the much softer, subtle shayaari and ghazals perhaps found it difficult to applaud Sivaji’s daredevilry in characterization of roles he depicted in his film career. Perhaps if he were to be born out of the Dravidian State and culture, there would have been a national consensus that he was the greatest actor Indian cinema ever produced. It is indeed a misfortune to know that Mr. Nehru pleaded ignorance of the actor when President Nasser of Egypt enquired dearly about him after seeing his stellar performance in “Veerapandia Kattabomman” in the Cairo Film Festival. Nehru did make amends when he made Sivaji the main host when Nasser visited India subsequently! Whilst this article is not to Sivaji’s defense, it presents certain facts and situations that made Sivaji a master of his own craft. It is important to know that Sivaji in his prime time did not have the liberty of exposure to media that is available to the actors today, to benchmark performances, as he spent time from dawn to dusk facing the arc lights churning out volumes that was needed to establish him as a matinee idol of Tamil Cinema. What he did use was his intelligence, imagination and creativity - traits that formed the hallmark of his entire career. This article also presents a viewpoint of a layman, outside the ambit of the film industry and the fourth estate, on what made Sivaji acquire cult status in the hearts of the Tamil cinema audience.
Sivaji was never considered to be a stylish actor by his critics. Style for men was always associated with their wardrobe, poise, and sophistication of their linguistic abilities and perhaps certain habits they carried on to give the added punch! Sivaji knowing his limitations used his “walk” to bring in the style. Whether it is the majestic walk in “Thiruvilayadal”, or the over-confident one in “Saraswathi Sabatham”, or the humble one in “Thiruvarutselvar” or the millionaire’s arrogant walk in “Navarathiri”, or the Bridge-on-the-River-Kwai inspired walk in “Thangapadakkam”, Sivaji answered his critics for his lack of style by walking. In some instances he added another dimension to the walk by using a walking stick - see him do that in soulful “Ponaal Pogattum Poda - Paalum Pazhamum” or move forward to see the swing of the stick in “Antha naal gnabagam - Uyarntha Manithan”. Unfortunately the critics missed these, but his fans remember!

Smoking was definitely considered to give that extra dimension to a man’s style. Sivaji criticized for his lack of sophistication, smoked in his films to bring style into his characters. In a film “Shanthi”, the music maestros Viswanathan-Ramamurthy, came out with an astounding composition, a Cliff Richard-like number, with continuous strumming of the bass, rhythm and jazz guitars (song: Yaar Antha Nilavu”). This song produced the magic of the three musketeers, Viswanathan - Kannadasan and Sounderrajan and they did produce a masterpiece. Sivaji, who usually is present in the recording, missed it and got to know about this song and requested director K.Shanker more time to picture this sequence. The musketeers waiting to find what he was going to do, were simply dumbfounded when Sivaji came out trumps, singing the entire solo number, mimicking the song by smoking a cigarette! The entire efforts of the trio were sidelined and till date it is Sivaji who got associated with the song and it beats every imagination to know that he produced a masterpiece with a cigarette stub! Look at him smoke the cigarillo in the song sequence “Paartha Gnabagam Illayo - Pudiya Paravai”, or go back to “Paar Magale Paar” where he smoked with a cigarette-holder, move forward to the cigar in “Gnana Oli” or the pipe in “Gauravam”, or just stoop down to the beedi in “Bale Paandiya”. Sivaji smoked each one of them the way it should. If smoking is a bad example, watch him eat peanuts in “Aandavan Kattalai” or the different dimensions of laughter he brought in the way-to-dusty death crime chiller “Antha Naal” or the way he picked up the rickshaw-handle with his left leg for the film “Babu”. Sivaji perhaps used his power of observation, mixed it with his creative intelligence and produced these characters with the sophistication and style that they deserved.

In most cinemas, physically handicapped persons are normally characterized as downtrodden to obtain public sympathy. Sivaji on the other hand, used physical deformation to the character’s advantage. Watch him in the evergreen - “Alayamani” where he used the wheel chair. In fact so sophisticated was his maneuvering of the wheelchair that it became a part of himself and nobody missed his majestic walk in the film. See him in “Paarthal Pasitheerum” as an injured soldier who has a hop in his walk. In the entire film he never missed the frequency of the hop - even in tight close-up (“Songs: ullam enbathu or pillaikku thanthai oruvan”) the head bumped up and down at the right time! The news of him holding his left hand up much after the movie -“ Bhaagapirivanai” - is a part of film folklore!

You can’t beat Sivaji when it comes to playing musical instruments and look at the range. Contrast his sax in the interlude of “Unnai Onru Ketpen”- Puthiya Paravai” to the nadaswaram in “Thillana Moganambal” or just look at him play the guitar with a breeze in “Naan Kavignanum Ilai - Padithaal Mattum Poduma”. In one instance, when Viswanathan played the piano himself for a song in “Paasa Malar” he was astonished the way Sivaji delivered the piano scene - what Viswanathan saw was not Sivaji, but himself! Sivaji had watched Viswanathan play the piano during the recording and reproduced the act like magic. It is in all probability, that people watching these sequences believed that he and no one else did play that musical instrument!

Never acknowledged as technical genius, in the mould of MGR who was depicted as a cinematic guru, Sivaji had indeed mastered technical nuances in film making by his sheer experience. Fact remains that Sivaji delivered his lengthy dialogue in front of the camera after a cursory glance of dialogue sheets probably due to his photographic memory, present his walk to the chalk marks drawn by the cinematographer to ensure he remained in focus and perhaps closed his dialogue simultaneously! When dubbing became the state-of-the-art in sound engineering, Sivaji could recall his entire stretch of dialogues delivered 6 months back, with the same pause and punch that bewildered men behind the camera. He was indeed a photographer's or an editor's and a director’s delight.

In most accolades to the Chevalier, the historical and mythological roles come into prominence. It is indeed true that many of us till today believe that this was how Kattabomman, V O Chidambaram, Subramaniya Bharathy talked, walked and lived - not to forget the many mythological characters, which any actor of any era would have even made an attempt. Perhaps most actors neither had the guts to perform them nor they dared, or simply kept it out of their range to prevent damage to their image! Despite this, many actors achieved much more status than what Sivaji did in the national arena. Ironically, no one can imagine other actors don the mantle of the great Maratha warrior “Shatrapathi Sivaji”, the very character that rechristened V C Ganesan as Sivaji Ganesan!

Although Sivaji’s prime time ended in the 60s there was that occasional spark in the 70s and 80s that lit up the entire tinsel world. Whether he came in as the Inspector General of Police in “Thangapadakkam” or the Bar-at-law in “Gauravam” or a retired middle class civil servant in “Vietnam Veedu” no one remembers him but those characters. It was unfortunate that producers and directors had commercial propositions overlooking his real value to make blunders like Pilot Premnath, Hitler Umanath, Mirudanga Chakravarthy and Lorry Driver Rajakannu!

Perhaps one cardinal sin Sivaji committed in his entire lifetime was his foray into politics. If there were the brand image consultants of today, they would have rightly advised him to stick to his film career, which could have enlarged his brand equity across the globe! It is presumed he was more thrust into it as a strategy to grab market shares obtained by another matinee idol - MGR. Perhaps it is his fate that he lived in a lifetime that made people draw a parallel with MGR that eventually brought in the MGR-Sivaji divide amongst the film fans. Perhaps his association with one political party invited the wrath of the powers that be in the North Block in the past and Fort St. George in the present. Ultimately, it saddens that he was lured in getting his pet grand-daughter married to a family which conducted the "mother of all marriages", taking the happiness out of his life in his twilight years or perhaps his life itself!

Despite that folly, Sivaji continues to live in the heart of Tamizhars and Tamil speaking people over the globe. Perhaps the right conclusion should be drawn from the caption provided in Sridhar’s film “Nenjirukkum Varai - Till the Heart lives” in the closing shot - it read “Nenjirukkum Varai, unnai maravathiruppom - Thou shall not forget you as long as the heart lives”. The majority of Tamil film fans - past, present and future, know his true value and would always cherish his memory through the characters he played on the silver screen. Actors may come and actors may go, but for the Tamils, there is only one Sivaji!

Adieu Chevalier........your’s was a class act! -------

Ram N Ramakrishnan
e-mail: mirabhag@qatar.net.qa
Box 3212 Doha

http://www.chennaionline.com/events/news/sivajifilm.asp[/tscii:0fedc5e1ea]

tacinema
27th February 2006, 12:03 AM
this link is quite interesting:
http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/english/cinebio/24-07-98/sivaji5.htm

Sanjeevi
27th February 2006, 12:11 AM
Joe Anna !!! What's wrong ??? Looks like you're kinda tensed !!! :cry: :cry:

m_23_bayarea தம்பி!
ஒண்ணுமில்லப்பா! இந்த ஈடில்லா கலைஞன் இந்த கேடுகெட்ட தமிழினத்தில் பிறக்காமல் வேறெங்கோ பிறந்திருந்தால் அவனை எப்படியெல்லாமோ கொண்டாடியிருப்பார்கள் என்று நினைத்தேன்! வேதனை வந்தது!

கணேசா!நீ தமிழனாக பிறந்தது நான் செய்த புண்ணியம்!நீ செய்த பாவம்!!

தமிழன்???

Thiruvalluvar
Kamban
Ilano
Bharathi
Ilaiyaraja
Shivaji
Kamal

I am proud

joe
1st March 2006, 08:49 AM
புறக்கணிக்கப்படுகிறாரா நடிகர் திலகம்

Written by: JBR

கிராம தெய்வங்களுக்கு வருடத்திற்கு ஒரு முறை பொங்கலிடுவார்கள். அந்த பத்து நாள்களும் ஜனம் கோயிலில் ஒன்று கூடும். ஒட்டடைகள் அடித்து கோயில் புதுப்பிக்கப்படும். படையலும் பலிகளுமாக பத்து நாள்களும் கொண்டாட்டங்கள் தூள் கிளப்பும்.

திருவிழாவுக்கு மறுநாள் கிராம கடவுளின் கோயில் மீண்டும் தனிமையில் விடப்படும். ஒட்டடைகள் அடையும். மழையிலும் வெயிலிலும் அடுத்த திருவிழா வரை காவல் தெய்வம் தனித்து விடப்படும்; கவனிப்பார் இல்லாமல்!

நடிகர் திலகத்தையும் கிராம தெய்வத்தை போல் மறந்துவிட்டார்களா தமிழர்கள்? முக்கியமாக நடிகர் சங்கம்? புதுச்சேரி அரசு சிவாஜிக்கு சிலை அமைத்ததை தொடர்ந்து மீண்டும் சர்ச்சைக்குள்ளாகியிருக்கிறது நடிகர் சங்கம். "நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜிக்கு மணிமண்டபம் கட்டுவதாக நடிகர் சங்க தலைவர் விஜயகாந்த் கூறி வருடங்கள் கடந்துவிட்டன. ஆனால் அதற்கான எந்த முயற்சியும் இதுவரை நடிகர் சங்கம் முன்னெடுக்கவில்லை." ஆவேசமாக குற்றஞ்சாட்டுகிறார்கள் சிவாஜி ரசிகர்கள்.

தேர்தல் நெருங்கும் நேரம் சிவாஜிக்கு மணிமண்டபம் கட்டாததை விஜயகாந்துக்கு எதிரான ஆயுதமாக்கி பிரச்சாரத்தை முடுக்கியுள்ளது அரசியல் கட்சி ஒன்று. நடிகர் சங்கத்தின் நிதி உதவி இல்லாமலே மணிமண்டபத்தை கட்டமுடியும் என்று கூறியிருக்கிறார் சிவாஜியின் மூத்தமகன் பிரேம்குமார்.

சிவாஜிக்கு மணிமண்டபம் கட்டுவதில் என்ன சிக்கல்? சிக்கலுக்கான காரணகர்த்தாக்கள் யார்? எப்போது கட்டி முடிக்கப்படும் மணிமண்படம்?

2001-ம் ஆண்டு ஜூலை 21-ம் தேதி சிவாஜி மறைந்ததற்கு சில மாதங்கள் கழித்து, நடிகர் திலகத்துக்கு மணிமண்டபம் அமைக்க நிலம் ஒதுக்க வேண்டும் என நடிகர் சங்கம் சார்பில் அரசிடம் கோரிக்கை வைக்கப்பட்டது. இதற்கு தமிழக அரசு எதிர்வினையாற்றியது 2002-ம் ஆண்டு செப்டம்பரில். சென்னை அடையாறில் 0.65 ஏக்கர் நிலம் மணிமண்டபம் கட்ட ஒதுக்கியிருப்பதாக அறிவித்தது தமிழக அரசு. சத்யா ஸ்டுடியோவுக்கு எதிரில் உள்ளது இந்த இடம்.

இடம் ஒதுக்கியாகிவிட்டது, இனிமண்டபம்தான் என ரசிகர்கள் மனப்பால் குடித்துக்கொண்டிருக்க, கிணற்றில் போட்ட கல்லாக எந்த அறிவிப்பும் இல்லாமல் இருந்தது மணிமண்டப வேலை. மீண்டும் சர்ச்சைகள்... மீண்டும் பேச்சு வார்த்தைகள்!

நீதிபதிகள் மற்றும் அமைச்சர்களின் வீடுகளுக்கு செல்லும் சாலை வழியில் மணிமண்டபத்துக்கு ஒதுக்கிய நிலம் இருப்பதாக கூறப்பட்டது. இந்தப்பிரச்சனை சட்டசபைக்கு வந்தபோது குறுக்கு சாலைக்கான பணத்தை நடிகர் சங்கம் கட்டவேண்டும் என்று தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டது. நடிகர் சங்கம் பணத்தை கட்டியது. சாலை பிரச்சனையும் சரிசெய்யப்பட்டுவிட்டது.

இதையடுத்து மீண்டும் மணிமண்டப வேலை சுறுசுறுப்படைந்தது. கடந்த ஆண்டு மே 22 மணிமண்டபம் கட்டும் இடத்தில் நடிகர்சங்கம் சார்பில் பூமி பூஜை போடப்பட்டது. அதில் கலந்துகொண்டு பேசிய விஜயகாந்த், "மண்டபத்துக்கான கட்டுமானப் பணிகள் அடுத்த மாதம் (ஜூன்) துவங்கி நான்கே மாதங்களில் கட்டி முடிக்கப்படும்" என்றார்.
அவர் அறிவித்து மாதங்கள் பல கடந்துவிட்டன. இதுவரை மண்டபத்துக்காக ஒரு கல்கூட எடுத்து வைக்கவில்லை. ஏன் இந்த தாமதம்?

"விஜயகாந்த் எம்.ஜி.ஆர். ரசிகர். அவருக்கு சிவாஜியை பிடிக்காது. எனவேதான் மண்டபம் கட்டுவதை வேண்டுமென்றே தள்ளிப்போடுகிறார்."- இது சிவாஜி ரசிகர்களின் பகிரங்க குற்றச்சாட்டு.

நடிகர் சங்க தலைவராக விஜயகாந்த் பொறுப்பேற்றபோது இருந்த சுறுசுறுப்பும் சங்க வேலைகளில் அவர் காட்டிய ஆர்வமும் இப்போது சுத்தமாக அவரிடம் இல்லை. கட்சி துவங்கிய பின் அவரது முழுக்கவனமும் அரசியல் மீது தாவிவிட்டது. சங்கத்தின் முக்கிய பிரச்சனைகளுக்கான விவாதத்திலும் அவர் கலந்து கொள்வதில்லை.

இவையனைத்தும் உண்மையாக இருந்தாலும் மண்டபவேலை நடைபெறாமல் இருப்பதற்கு அவரை மட்டுமே குறைகூற முடியாது. நடிகர் சங்கத்தின் ஆயிரக்கணக்கான உறுப்பினர்களுக்கு மண்டபம் கட்டுவதில் உண்மையான ஆர்வம் இருந்திருந்தால் சங்க தலைவரின் விருப்பு வெறுப்பு ஒரு பொருட்டல்ல. மண்டபம் கம்பீரமாக இந்நேரம் எழுந்திருக்கும்.

நடிகர் திலகத்தின் மீது மனதளவில் மதிப்பும் மரியாதையும் உள்ளவர்கள் அதை செயல்வடிவில் கொண்டுவரும் அர்ப்பணிப்பு இல்லாமல் இருப்பது முதல்காரணம்! இரண்டாவது பணம். மணிமண்டபம் கட்டுவதற்கான நிதியை நடிகர் சங்கம் இனிமேல்தான் திரட்டியாக வேண்டும். ஆனால் அதற்கும் வழி பிறந்திருக்கிறது. இதுபற்றி சிவாஜியின் மூத்தமகன் பிரேம்குமார் அளித்துள்ள பேட்டி முக்கியமானது.

"மணிமண்டபம் கட்ட லட்ச லட்சமாய் பணம் கொடுக்க உலகம் முழுவதும் அப்பாவின் ரசிகர்கள் ஆயிரக்கணக்கில் இருக்கிறார்கள். எங்கள் குடும்பத்திலிருந்து ஒரு கோடி ரூபாய்க்கு மேல் நன்கொடை கொடுக்கவும் தயாராக உள்ளோம்!"

ஆனால், பணம் திரட்டினாலும் மண்டப பணி துவங்கிவிடாது. மண்டபத்தை எப்படி என்னென்ன வசதிகளுடன் அமைப்பது என்ற பிளான் இன்னும் இறுதி செய்யப்படவில்லை. அண்ணா, எம். ஜி.ஆர். சமாதிகளை போல பளிங்கில் அலங்கார வளைவு அமைத்து மண்டபம் ஒன்றை கட்டுவதே பலரது எண்ணம். ஆனால், பொதுமக்களுக்கு அனைத்து வகையிலும் உபயோகமான முறையில் மணிமண்டபம் இருக்கவேண்டும் என்று விரும்புகின்றனர் சிவாஜி குடும்பத்தினர்.

"நூலகம், அப்பாவின் படங்கள், நினைவுச் சின்னங்கள், பரிசுகள், விருதுகள் அடங்கிய மியூசியம் உள்பட பல உபயோகமான விஷயங்கள் உள்ளடக்கியதாக மண்டபம் அமையவேண்டும்" என்று தனது விருப்பத்தை வெளிப்படுத்துகிறார் ராம்குமார்.

ரஜினி, கமல் இருவருக்கும் மண்டபம் எப்படி இருக்கவேண்டும் என்பது குறித்து இருவேறு கருத்துக்கள் இருப்பதாகவும் கூறுகிறார் இவர்.

இப்படி பல்வேறு பிரச்சனைகளுடன் கிடப்பில் போடப்பட்ட மணிமண்டப பேச்சு புதுச்சேரி அரசு சிவாஜிக்கு சிலை திறந்ததை அடுத்து மீண்டும் அரங்கிற்கு வந்திருக்கிறது. ஒரு கோஷ்டி இதை விஜயகாந்தின் தோல்வியாக பிரகடனம் செய்து அரசியல் ஆதாயம் தேடுகிறது.

இருக்கும் காலம் வரை கலைக்கு சேவை செய்த ஒரு மாபெரும் கலைஞனுக்கு இது எல்லாவகையிலும் அவமரியாதையானது. வருடத்தில் ஒருநாள் மட்டும் படையல் போடப்படும் பழந்தெய்வம் மாதிரி பிறந்த, இறந்த தினங்களில் மட்டுமே நினைவு கூரப்படும் சடங்காகிவிட்டார் நடிகர் திலகம். வெகு விரைவில் இதற்கொரு விடிவுகாலம் ஏற்பட வேண்டும் என்பதே அனைவரது விருப்பமும்!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://tamil.cinesouth.com/specials/specials/manimandabam.shtml

tacinema
1st March 2006, 09:20 AM
Joe,

I can understand your frustration. I am sure something will come up after elections. Also, I am very positive that fans will contribute, if necessary. I will definitely make a contribution. Keep fingers crossed till elections and then hopefully, something will happen.

As a man who created tamil film history, Sivaji must get the "mani mandapam". Otherwise, in the future, there won't be any hope for any dedicated artist in history.

Sanjeevi:

How about the following Tamil people in achievers' list:

1. Kamaraj - King maker
2. Sir C V Raman - only Indian citizen so far got nobel prize (yr. 1930) in physics
3. Prof Chandrasekhar - As American citizen got nobel prize (yr. 1983) in physics. C V Raman is his paternal uncle
4. Dr. M S Swaminathan - father of green revolution in India

Many more....

joe
1st March 2006, 10:50 AM
Joe,
I am sure something will come up after elections. Also, I am very positive that fans will contribute, if necessary. I will definitely make a contribution. Keep fingers crossed till elections and then hopefully, something will happen.

I hope so.I am also ready to contribute,if needed.

joe
2nd March 2006, 09:55 PM
MohanRaman sir,
If you have any idea ,pls share your view why don't even sivaji's big fans like kamal and rajini not showing much interest on this manimandapam matter?

mohanraman
2nd March 2006, 10:32 PM
posting....

mohanraman
2nd March 2006, 10:32 PM
dear fellow sivaji piththargal,
I am reading it all....touched by the lovely articles that have been posted....randor's has a few factual errors but still he is a film historian whose knowledge and writing and friendship I respect.The location of the manimandapam is causing some small security 'sikkalgal" because of the proximity of the residences of Judges,Ministers and secretaries...I am sure that it will be ironed out after the elections...so a bit of Patience please.I have discussed this with the family and they are confidant and hopeful of not just this but a statue as well.
A few years ago Vaiko went to england and had his secretary copy some pages of Bannerman's Diary.In it the entry for Kattabomman's death read ...he walked to the gallows with a spring in his walk, head held high and fire in his eyes etc. etc .Just as Sivaji had done in the film.When Sivaji was asked by Ramu(ramkumar) about this and whether Panthulu had read this Diary and told him etc..sivaji said No...I thought a veeran like this fellow would have done this and the director agreed so I did it.......Such was the man, his imagination was so realistic...yet fools talk of "over", yes, he should have lived in Hollywood....He did not just absorb what he liked from other movies ( the walks of Brynner and alec guiness), live people ( the hairstyle of T.S.Narayanaswamy in Vietnam veedu,the pipe of TSKrishna in gowravam and the sheer arrogance and professional confidence,plus the style of drinking etc of Barrister Rajinikanth from my late father...this was something that sivaji himself one day told me...."unga appa savi koththa kayila vechukittu, kaiyya pinnadi kattikittu, thalai nimirndhu nadappan theriyumma...atha thaan gouravaththula senjaen"...my dad was also the script consultant for YGP when they first staged it as a play...hence the proximity to the film.
Hey chaps....which film of his did he play Bal Gangadhar Thilak...can somebody give a full and correct list of freedom fighters and real life personalities he played, like Tansen,King George etc.?
those interested in some tamil cinema trivia on my hobby stamp collecting may see my blogs in blogspot..
http://www.blogger.com/profile/13212222
ondrey kulam, oruvaney nadigan.

tacinema
3rd March 2006, 09:51 AM
Dear Mohanraman,

Fascinating info. The following link has a partial list of of different characters that Sivaji acted: http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/english/cinebio/24-07-98/sivaji5.htm.

The very fact that Sivaji has observed your late father and acted in gauravam tells an amazing ability of this great actor. Another proof that Sivaji did not "overact" in gauravam.

I do not remember any movie that Sivaji acted as B G Thilak. But again, I may be wrong because this genius has given so many variations and versatility to tamil cinema. We may need to dig out a lot to find a wealth of information about our Sivaji and his characters.

One thing I observed in Sivaji movies: It doesn't matter what role he is playing, he never looked like he is trying hard to fit into that role. Whether it is Kattabomman or lawyer or police office or doctor role, he is always at ease on the screen. Amazing quality and that is called a natural flow of acting. Not a single leading actor can do the same today!!

Your information about Sivaji is so colorful and interesting; when you find time, please post more.

Thanks

joe
3rd March 2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks mohanraman sir for nice informations and positive point on manimandapam

//can somebody give a full and correct list of freedom fighters and real life personalities he played, like Tansen,King George etc.? //
I will try later.

mohanraman
3rd March 2006, 05:48 PM
I asked about thilak as one of the articles mentioned so.I collect stamps on cinema and had made an exhibit highlighting the life of nadigar thilakam through stamps.In fact a colour xerox of it was on display for a while in shanthi theatre.In that I had displayed stamps of various statesmen/patriots as well as a still of nadigar thilagam playing that role, thought I missed out bal gangadhar thilak.As I am not a major hubber and do not know the technology I am unable to post images...I wonder if I can do so...maybe I will get a blog going and advise all.I also brought out a special cover to mark the 50th anniversary of the classic Parasakthi on 18/10/2002.
mohan raman

mohanraman
4th March 2006, 01:22 PM
I was successful in getting a frozen image from the film padayappa where I had the honour and privelege of being in the same frame with nadigar thilagam, I have put it up, will try to modify it size wise for better clarity.Also seen is Superstar,a double honor for me.

Shakthiprabha.
4th March 2006, 02:05 PM
GREAT sir :)

As of now, we cant post images in FORUM.

Are u saying shivaji played balgangathar thilak?

May I please know hwich movie?

great
4th March 2006, 03:25 PM
GREAT sir :)

As of now, we cant post images in FORUM.

Are u saying shivaji played balgangathar thilak?

May I please know hwich movie?

why are u calling me as Sir :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
4th March 2006, 03:47 PM
Great.........

:roll: :D :D :P

S.Balaji
4th March 2006, 04:37 PM
Mr. Mohan ram

I am really really thrilled to see you here as I have watched your teleserials, especially the casual manner you talk in Chidambara Rahasiyam....

You had raised a query on Thilak photo of Nadigar Thilagam...

I think Nadigar thilagam , while singing the song Sindhu Nadhiyin misai nilavinilay .... for Kai kodutha Deivam , briefly played the role of a Maharashtrian exchanging Poems to a Keralite Shivaji for Yaanai Thandham.....

Pls recollect now and confirm whether I am right

Anbudan

S.Balaji

joe
5th March 2006, 09:26 PM
You had raised a query on Thilak photo of Nadigar Thilagam...

I think Nadigar thilagam , while singing the song Sindhu Nadhiyin misai nilavinilay .... for Kai kodutha Deivam , briefly played the role of a Maharashtrian exchanging Poems to a Keralite Shivaji for Yaanai Thandham.....

Pls recollect now and confirm whether I am right

Anbudan

S.Balaji

Balaji,
You are absolutely right..I can very well recollect that getup.

சிங்க மராட்டியர் தம் கவிதை கொண்டு சேரத்து தந்தங்கள் பரிசளிப்போம்!

S.Balaji
6th March 2006, 07:39 PM
[tscii:f29378b116]For Ulaga Nayagan Kamal, DEVAR MAGAN was like a mission of his life…….

He must have dreamt a lot on how he is going to present THE GREATEST ACTOR EVER ….NADIGAR THILAGAM……

Meticulous planning - shot by shot , angle by angle , what dialogues, scene sequence, continuity ….. all will have to be taken care as by this time, Shivaji reached such a stage in his life that no one can get anything further out of him…..( Barathi Raja , earlier had given a befitting honour in Mudhal Mariyaadhai , a theme well matching with his age )
And Bagyaraj , showing him in lighter vein…

Kamal was so focused that even the title was oriented towards THE LEGEND…..

DEVAR MAGAN , the message is clear and obvious now …..

Honouring the Chevalier in the most ideal way !

A different make up , big moustache , probably to add bravery and to give a majestic look to the ageing genius….

Up to interval , one can clearly see Kamal playing a secondary role …. Rather a low profile role ( this must have been done deliberately ) in front of Nadigar thilagam…..

Kamal will rarely converse with Shivaji , face to face…..whatever posers by the Senior, Kamal will respond in a hesitant manner, giving utmost respect but at the same time, conveying his intentions….

No silly conversation….. no unwanted scene……every shot it seems looked measured and well planned…

Lets analyse the interaction between Father and Son :

STAGE ONE :

Kamal entering the house…… a sound reception straight away ,by bursting of crackers….and a shot showing a proud Shivaji , receiving his pet son , the anxiety , the happiness on seeing his own blood after a long time…. All reflected in just a sharp look ….. and that conveys all…..

STAGE TWO :

Maestro Isaignyani brings his imaginative composition to the front through usage of native instruments for POTRI PAADADEE PONNAY…..DEVAR KAALADI MANNAY
The words …. THERKU DHISAI AANDA MANNAN IVAR DHAAN…. MUKKULATHA SERNDHA DEVAR INAM DHAAN…. are coined precisely for Imayam of acting….

Lovely lyrics ! Its true that Nadigar thilagam , ruled the South Indian film industry those days…. I have seen Dilip Kumar and Sanjiv Kumar often being compared with Shivaji….

With due respects to both….. one can never be at par with Shivaji…. Bollywood is always a much hyped industry

STAGE THREE :

The movie gets into 3rd stage with Shivaji enquiring about Kamal’s future plans….
As Kamal reveals in a hesitant manner , Shivaji wonders what he is going to do for his fellow villagers ?? but the conversation stops abruptly …as both realize that this is not the right moment to push further….and both withdraw….in between Kamal also delicately touches his love relationship with Gautami and Shivaji , in his own inimitable manner, dismisses it abruptly ! ( though in a lighter vein )

STAGE FOUR :

Here Kamal touches the core issue of the movie….the traits of Devar community , the infighting, the rivalry between relatives…… Kamal , unable to tolerate violence, pleads to his father that he is no longer interested to stay and wish to leave immediately…
At this moment, the hidden agenda of Nadigar thilagam comes out…..expressing momentary anger , shaking Kamals’ shirt, he says…. Tholukku mela valarndhuteenga….
Shivaji then comforts Kamal by saying…… Ayya , ungala nirandharamaa irukka chollavilla….. aanaa edhaavadhu sei indha oorukku…… indraikku vidhaikira vidhai ….naalaikku maramaa kaichu valarum…. Appo naan irukka maaten…. Aannaaa vidha vidhaichadhu yaaruuu ?? Devan dhaan……
For which Kamal assures him ….. Ayya , naan indha oorukku nichayam nalladhu pannuven ….
With tears pouring in his eyes, Shivaji says ….. Ungala vitaa enakku yaaru irukkaaga ?
Kamal , while leaving , slips a bit and an immediate reaction from other side….. paarthu paarthu….. while Kamal gets up and fades away, a worried face of Shivaji is shown…. A spontaneous reaction from a Father , worried about his dear son….

STAGE FIVE :

Most crucial moment…. exchange of violence from both sides, a deliberate act from Nasser floods the village and huge casualties this time for Senior Devar group….
Kamal anxiously checks at every patient in the hospital and also comes across the mother ( who earlier had lost her baby in flash flood ) feeding another kid….. At this moment, the senior Devar once again comforts the Junior….. Paathiyaa andha penn seigiradhai …. Yen seiraa ………. Kayila irukkura pillaingalaavadhu nallaaa irukkanum adhanaal dhaan……

Now Kamal is fully convinced…… with full of confidence and conviction, he says….. AYYA NAAN POGALAYAA…..Shivaji : Enna soneega ??

Kamal : Ayya naan pogalayaa.. Ingayay ungalodu irukken

Sangili Murugan : Ayya , ungaloda train ticket …. ( even while Sangili says this , the Senior indicates from behind to keep quiet )…. And when Sangili repeats ….

Shivaji : Adhaan solitaarilla…. CANCEL CANCEL……

IN MY OPINION, PROBABLY, THIS MUST BE THE BEST MOMENT……. SHIVAJI WILL HOLD KAMAL’S HANDS ON TO HIS CHEST AND WILL LOOK UPWARDS…… EXPRESSING ALL THE JOY AND HAPPINESS AS IF HE HAD WON A MAJOR WAR !

And this was one of his favourite mannerisms…..

Nadigar thilagam shows his class once again…

by playing the role of an ageing village chief who wishes his son to take over from him and do some good for the community……

The rest of the scenes, were not that significant , in my humble opinion ….though Nadigar Thilagam doesn’t appear all through the movie, Kamal successfully creates a striking impact as if he is omnipresent……

Kamal poetically displays the fondness and exchange of love and affection an ageing Father and his dear son……

Some critics commented that the movie still could have existed without Devar character but I feel there is no Devar Magan without Devar

Nobody else could have done better than Kamal at that moment of Shivaji’s career
[/tscii:f29378b116]

Raghu
6th March 2006, 07:51 PM
balaji anNe,

Pls reply to my last PM, as and when time permits.

vattaa

joe
6th March 2006, 08:00 PM
Balaji,
Big salute to you for excellent post..I enjoyed every bit just like every bit of Devar magan. :clap:

nilavupriyan
6th March 2006, 08:32 PM
excellent post balaji!

but ..imho...the panchayat scene is also a great scene in the movie...infact an excellent scene!

kannannn
6th March 2006, 08:44 PM
[tscii:72603bbc6f]STAGE FOUR :

Here Kamal touches the core issue of the movie….the traits of Devar community , the infighting, the rivalry between relatives…… Kamal , unable to tolerate violence, pleads to his father that he is no longer interested to stay and wish to leave immediately…
At this moment, the hidden agenda of Nadigar thilagam comes out…..expressing momentary anger , shaking Kamals’ shirt, he says…. Tholukku mela valarndhuteenga….
Shivaji then comforts Kamal by saying…… Ayya , ungala nirandharamaa irukka chollavilla….. aanaa edhaavadhu sei indha oorukku…… indraikku vidhaikira vidhai ….naalaikku maramaa kaichu valarum…. Appo naan irukka maaten…. Aannaaa vidha vidhaichadhu yaaruuu ?? Devan dhaan……
For which Kamal assures him ….. Ayya , naan indha oorukku nichayam nalladhu pannuven ….
With tears pouring in his eyes, Shivaji says ….. Ungala vitaa enakku yaaru irukkaaga ?
Kamal , while leaving , slips a bit and an immediate reaction from other side….. paarthu paarthu….. while Kamal gets up and fades away, a worried face of Shivaji is shown…. A spontaneous reaction from a Father , worried about his dear son….
[/tscii:72603bbc6f]

That post sure deserves :clap: :clap: That's indeed my favourite scene of the movie. One of the most memorable dialogues of the movie: 'aana vedhai naan pottadhu..' Well, what else can u expect? Story, Screenplay, Dialogues, Production - Kamal Hassan.

rocketboy
6th March 2006, 08:47 PM
Joe,

I can understand your frustration. I am sure something will come up after elections. Also, I am very positive that fans will contribute, if necessary. I will definitely make a contribution. Keep fingers crossed till elections and then hopefully, something will happen.

As a man who created tamil film history, Sivaji must get the "mani mandapam". Otherwise, in the future, there won't be any hope for any dedicated artist in history.

Sanjeevi:

1. Kamaraj - King maker
2. Sir C V Raman - only Indian citizen so far got nobel prize (yr. 1930) in physics
3. Prof Chandrasekhar - As American citizen got nobel prize (yr. 1983) in physics. C V Raman is his paternal uncle

Many more....

small correction here:

rabindranath tagore for his geetanjali which i think he rejected.

nilavupriyan
6th March 2006, 08:48 PM
kannann shivaji finishes "idhellam enna perumaika....kadama...ovvurathanoda kadamai" :clap:

kannannn
6th March 2006, 08:51 PM
Yes Nilavu, thanks for reminding. Now I am sitting here trying to recall the entire conversation. :)

rocketboy
6th March 2006, 08:54 PM
Joe,

Sanjeevi:

1. Kamaraj - King maker

Many more....

small correction here:

rabindranath tagore for his geetanjali which i think he rejected.

nilavupriyan
6th March 2006, 08:55 PM
wonderful chemistrry between father and son!

noone can justify the role of shivaji's son other than kamal
and noone can justrify the role of kamal's father like shivaji!...what a pair!

Raikkonen
6th March 2006, 08:58 PM
This news is i heard from someone from TN long ago

* Kamal sir first titled the movie as Nammavar, but it was changed as Devar Maghan under Shivaji sir's influence...Kamal sir apolgized many times for naming movie as Devar Maghan...

is that true?

rocketboy
6th March 2006, 09:04 PM
many more:

amritya sen -economics
mother teresa-peace
naipaul-literature

great
6th March 2006, 09:08 PM
many more:

amritya sen -economics
mother teresa-peace
naipaul-literature

whats all to do with this thread :twisted: :evil:

kannannn
6th March 2006, 09:15 PM
This news is i heard from someone from TN long ago

* Kamal sir first titled the movie as Nammavar, but it was changed as Devar Maghan under Shivaji sir's influence...Kamal sir apolgized many times for naming movie as Devar Maghan...

is that true?

I dont know about the title, but Shivaji first refused to do the movie, since he had decided to stay out of the field. In fact, Shivaji asked Kamal to cast 'Major' Sunderrajan for the role. But Kamal insisted that the movie was either done with Shivaji or not done at all. Finally, Shivaji relented. There was some talk in the press during the release of 'Devar Magan' that Shivaji was cast to assuage the feelings of the 'devar' community, since they were shown to be very violent. Not sure, though how true it is.

joe
6th March 2006, 11:05 PM
many more:

amritya sen -economics
mother teresa-peace
naipaul-literature

whats all to do with this thread :twisted: :evil:
same here :o

m_23_bayarea
7th March 2006, 08:59 AM
Joe Anna, I'm watching OOTY VARAI URAVU right now ... :D :D :D

Thirumaran
7th March 2006, 09:00 AM

Poo maalayil Oar malligai,
ingu naan thaan thaen endrathu,
unthan veedu thaedi vanthathu,
innum vaendumaa endrathu..

Raikkonen
7th March 2006, 09:02 AM
Super song Thirumaran..

Thanks Kannan, for ur info..

m_23_bayarea
7th March 2006, 09:02 AM

Enna Paatu !!

Sivaji Enna Smartu !!

KR Vijay Enna Azhagu !!

Chance a illa !! :D :D :D

Raikkonen
7th March 2006, 09:04 AM
Bay Anne..
KR Vijaya nu sollunga..
Yerkanave Vijay nilama mosama irukku..
Neenga vera.. Ventha Punnula Tirupachi aruvala paichiringa...

joe
7th March 2006, 09:07 AM

Great song..My mother's most favourite song.

<digression>

Bay thampi ,visit Pick ur moderator thread..We all(many) want you to be one of moderators.Pls accept.

<\digression>

m_23_bayarea
7th March 2006, 09:09 AM

Great song..My mother's most favourite song.

<digression>

Bay thampi ,visit Pick ur moderator thread..We all(many) want you to be one of moderators.Pls accept.

<\digression>

What ??? Me, Moderator ?? You're JOKING right !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kollywoodfan
7th March 2006, 09:19 AM
awesome go for it bay!! :wink:

S.Balaji
7th March 2006, 03:55 PM
Dear Joe....

Your avatar is captivating me .... after the Uthamaputhiran photo !!

great !

S.Balaji
7th March 2006, 04:01 PM
[tscii:0d25a0d420]When Nadigar Thilagam was going great during the early 70s ( he must be in the 40s !!) , the fans had the privilege of watching some terrific acting …….

Actually, one can phase his career on the following lines :

•Phase one – Parasakthi to Andha Naal ….. the formative years….

•Phase two – Uthamaputhiran to Veera pandiya kattabomman / Karnan ….. consolidation phase…..established a niche for himself

•Phase three – The early 60s to mid 60s…..the famous Paa series Paalum pazamum, padikaatha medhai , Pasa malar, Paarthaal pasi theerum , Padithaal mattum podhumaa , baga pirivinai , Paar magalay paar , Pava mannippu etc ( probably the best phase )

•Phase four – The end 60s and early 70s …. Vietnam veedu, Thanga padhakkam , Nyana oli , Baratha vilas , Engal thanga raja, Raman ethanai ramanadi , etc…..

•The final phase – Mudhal mariyaadhai, Devar Magan , Anbulla appa

GAURAVAM ….belongs to Phase four……

Incidentally, this was also called by his critics as OVER ACTING PHASE……
One reason could be that some of the directors during this period were from Stage plays and hence it would have come quite naturally for them to get the same effect from Shivaji also….. I mean movies like Vietnam Veedu, Thanga padhakkam, Nyana oli …etc…..

However, BARRISTER RAJINIKANTH is one character which true Shivaji fans will cherish forever ….

NADIGAR THILAGAM EXHIBITS THE TRAITS OF A SUPREMELY SELF CONFIDENT , SUCCESSFUL , AGGRESSIVE , PROUD AND ARROGANT LEGAL PRACTIONER …..

And it was an extraordinary display

A MAN OF DIFFERENT MOODS….. playful with his dear wife Chelaaaaa….. treating his son Kannan as his junior and successor…. At times teasing him and makes fun out of him… a sudden seriousness over an issue…… spontaneous reaction to sensitive matters……at times emotional also …….

Probably the director, Vietnam Veedu Sundaram wanted to glorify the Senior Character and this must have prompted him to make Shivaji himself play the Junior role as well !

One can see a clear distinction in the traits and the characterisation of both …..The senior will be having a pipe , frequently smoking, with a different hair style, shirt tucked in with proud and arrogant looks…. Passing casual comments at his wife…… De…..Chellaaaa and adopted son Dai ……Kannaaaaa…..

While the Junior will appear gentle, warm, timid, soft , low profile…….religious , God fearing…..

You will realize the greatness in Shivaji when he pronounces the word Periappa….. in a mild , respectful manner…..

•The way they talk…. will be different
•The way they walk ..will be different
•The way they display their mannerism …will be different….

Only Nadigar Thilagam can bring such subtle change in approach !

The initial part of the movie focuses on the Senior’s exemplary behavioral pattern , his proudness, disappointment, frustrated at not being given the Judge post which he was aspiring for long ….( he will be more pained as the post will go to someone undeserving )

This prompts him to take up a failed case as a challenge to demonstrate his skills ( this was needed to satisfy his hurt ego ) and a genuine killer is set free as he finds loopholes and successfully breaks the case into smitheerns…..

All along, the Junior character would have been worshipping his adopted Father, Periappa, mentor as friend, philosopher and guide and for him the Senior is everything…..even his love is secondary before his Guru and Periappa …..

There will be scenes like …. When the senior casually comments while the Junior is about to light his pipe…. Enda kanna….. needhaanay daa enakku kolli vekka poray….
The Junior , with all seriousness will just scream at him…. Periappa…unga vaayala appadi solladheengo….

The Junior will be a faithful, loyal disciple to his mentor ……

But when he sees the senior going in a different direction, taking the law in his own hands, the Junior questions his intentions…… ( also there will be rivals behind every successful man and no wonder Barrister Rajinikanth was looked at with awe by his peers advocates and they will be gunning to see his downfall and they will instigate the Junior ) and spur of the moment the Senior will tell the Junior….. KANNA….. VEETA VITTU PODAAA…..
Totally taken unawares and shocked by the reaction, the Junior leaves the house in tears and prepares for the final battle as the same guy who gets reprieve earlier, gets involved in another murder case and this time, the Junior takes up the role of Public Prosecutor….

And finally the case takes off with customary exchanges between both ….. slowly and steadily the junior will take firm control over the case……

AS THE SITUATION REACHES A VERY SENSITIVE STAGE, THE SENIOR REALIZES THAT HE IS WAGING A LOSING BATTLE …….

And here comes out all his ego, frustration , anger and what not through the famous song…. KANAAA…. NEEYUM NAANUMAA …KANNA NEEYUM NAANUMAAA….
Those days, the audience were fortunate to hear meaningful songs…..songs which were inserted with some reasoning so that the tempo is maintained in tact….

Lets first read the splendid lyrics …..

•Kaalam maarinaal, gauravam maarumaaa ??? Never…..

Kavignar reads the situation thoroughly and comes out with another outstanding lyrics…..

•Arivai koduthadho….. Dronarin gauravam……

•Avar mel thoduthadhey….Arjunan gauravam

In another charanam…..

•Moondradi mann ketaan …Vamanan ulagilay…. Moondrena vaithadho….. mannavan thalayilay

•Valartha yen kannano….thandhayin nenjilay…..

At this moment, the senior will do a chest beating which will make our hearts pain…..

It was a fantastic combination of Nadigar thilagam, Kavignar, Mellisai Mannar, TMS and Vietnam veedu Sundaram who brought out a memorable song….

All through the song, Shivaji will display his customary elegance , echoing the frustration of someone badly bruised and beaten by his own kith and kin….an ego deeply hurt and disturbed….. Shivaji will appear like a wounded lion…… unable to capture his prey

As the song reaches the final stage, the creative thinking in the director comes out……

Both characters all set to wage the final ultimate war ……. The senior dressed up like King George , bearded , royal attire , in red colour , with the Emperor’s crown intact and the dress perfectly matching with his awesome majestic looks …

In his distinguished career, Nadigar Thilagam must have had several make ups but in my opinion, this King George make up should come under top 10 as this is a true reflection of what he is all about……. AN EMPEROR OF ACTING……

The junior will appear in white dress …like that of a young prince , about to capture his enemy….

Terrific sense of imagination here as both will appear with their troup on a huge chess board….

The background music will match precisely to the task as Mellisai mannar brings his rich experience by application of drums, trumphet and his customary violin group….. apt instruments for the given situation…..he will give an intimidating impact to the viewers

The veteran P.N.Sundaram, cinematographer , beautifully shows the security cardon of senior falling one by one….. way side as the younger Prince Charm forges ahead along with his troup with a wry smile….. in his relentless pursuit towards capturing his arch enemy

One should watch the body language from the Senior….. he will give a real scared / horrified look at the junior as if he has lost his life and he will retreat backwards with all the fear as if it’s the end of the world

Kavignar once again , equal to the task…….ends the song with power packed words …..

•Mannanin gauravam, chaduranga naduvilay…..

•Madhikindra senayo, pillayin vadivilay….

•Aagattum paarkalaam , aatathin mudivilay…

•Arubadhai irubadhu , vellumaa ulagilayyyyy ???

Another remarkable feature of this character is that it will undergo a diametric change in attitude ….. from being very aggressive and proud ….. Nadigar Thilagam will show signs of desperation and fear for having to face defeat in the hands of his own son ! but still the self confidence will be intact in his body language !!

To demonstrate this, VV Sundaram brings in a classic scene…..

One by one, the senior will throw in front of his dear wife Chellaaaaa …… all the case files of yesteryears and will brief her the background :

•De Chella….. indha case dhaan enakku mudhal case …… jayichavudan niraya panam vandhadhu…. Indha veetai vaanginen…..
•Indha case….. jayichavudan unga appan enakku unnai katti vaichaaan
•Indha case…… jayichavudan dhaan enakku Barrister Rajinikanth endra pattam kidaichadhu…
•Ana ana….. indha Mohan das Case irukkay ……….

Then suddenly , swiftly on looking at the photo of Junior Kannan…. Will roar……. Dai kanna ….. enna jayichudivayadaa…….. pakalaama……. Dee Chelaaa…. Nadakaadhudee…….

At this moment, the senior will roar like a wounded lion ! displaying all the anger and frustration of an Emperor of a fallen kingdom ! vow great exhibition !!

ONE WILL GET AN IMPRESSION AS IF 2 SUCH REAL / INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS EXISTED BUT THAT’S SHIVAJI MAJIC WHICH GIVES YOU THAT MESMERIZING EFFECT !

Deivamagan is another outstanding variety wherein he brings 3 dimensional personalities in just one scene….

Now, I am questioning back at the so called critics …… when someone is so frustrated, a normal human being tends to react with such an intensity only ….are we remaining quiet when some crisis hits us ??….. are we not screaming on top of the world…..??

This is what Nadigar Thilagam did during this phase……

BARRISTER RAJINIKANTH SHOULD BE RANKED AMONGST ONE OF THE BEST CHARACTERS PORTRAYED BY NADIGAR THILAGAM …..
[/tscii:0d25a0d420]

selvakumar
7th March 2006, 04:50 PM
I fell unconsious on my cabin after going through this post.

S.BALAJI.. Please keep that one neat and give us a KISS - Keep it Short and simple..

Atelast for laymans like us.

joe
7th March 2006, 05:33 PM
Balaji,
One more excellent post!

swathy
7th March 2006, 06:01 PM
I watched Uthamaputhiran two days back.

I was much impressed by his style especially for that prince character.

We missed third CD . we couldn't watch the climax. Can anyone tell me the climax.

I didn't see after the song "Un azhagai kanniyargal..."

bingleguy
7th March 2006, 06:05 PM
Uththamaputhiran ????

Are u talking about the film with that song ...

"Yaaradi nee mohini ???? ha" ?

swathy
7th March 2006, 06:07 PM
Uththamaputhiran ????

Are u talking about the film with that song ...

"Yaaradi nee mohini ???? ha" ?

yah the same movie

bingleguy
7th March 2006, 06:11 PM
I guess Joe 's avatar is picturing Veera paandiya Kattabomman n not Uththamaputhiran !

His dialogue delivery in that film is still in front of my eyes ....

"Kisthi, Vari, Vaddi .... Yaarai ketkirai vaaddi....

Vaanam pozhigiradhu, Boomi vilaigiradhi, unakken koduppadhu kisthi... yengaludan vayalukku vandhaaya, naatru nattayaa, kalai pariththaayaa, alladhu angu konji vilaiyaadum yen kula pengalakku ...manjal araithu pani purindhaaya, alladhu nee maamana, machchaanaa ... Maanagkettavane "

Awesome delivery

great
7th March 2006, 06:21 PM
Joe, kalakkal veera pandiya kattabomman avtaar :thumbsup:

hi
8th March 2006, 09:21 AM
I am in dilemma to choose which movie to buy...

vasantha maligai or... karanan or vietnam veedu ?... which one do u think is best guys? :)

Thirumaran
8th March 2006, 09:26 AM

vasantha maligai or... karanan or vietnam veedu ?... which one do u think is best guys? :)

Among these 3, my choice is Vasantha Maaligai...

joe
8th March 2006, 09:37 AM

It depends on what type of movie you are interested in.

Romance -Vasantha Maaligai
Historical ,purana movies-Karnan
Family drama -Vietnam veedu

Best option is buy all 3!!! :lol: :lol:

hi
8th March 2006, 09:38 AM
Joe.. i think u r frm s'pore rite... any place where i can get gud collections of shivaji sir movies.. mustafa.. doesn't hve much :(

joe
8th March 2006, 09:46 AM
Joe.. i think u r frm s'pore rite... any place where i can get gud collections of shivaji sir movies.. mustafa.. doesn't hve much :(

In buffalo street,there is one vedio shop opposite to Tekka market.They have good MGR,sivaji collection.Other than that try Joythi music corner near Little india arcade.

In mustafa,apart from VCD ,now many DVDs available with almost same price..That too 2 movies combined in one DVD ..eg .I have seen VPkattabomman and Karnan in one DVD just for around 12SGD.

joe
8th March 2006, 11:03 AM
Hi,
At Joythi music corner and to some extend at mustafa ,apart from movies displayed ,you can still ask them any particular movie ,which they can find from old stock (especially in Joythi)

NOV
8th March 2006, 11:29 AM

vasantha maligai or... karanan or vietnam veedu ?... which one do u think is best guys? :)OMG! :shock:
I hope I never get into this kind of a dilemma!

Karnan is rich and splendoured. Sivaji lives the role and if you have any doubt on how Karnan would have looked, spoken or reacted, this is the movie to watch! (In contrast, Rajini's Dhalapathy role was very watered down.)

Vietnam Veedu is the ultimate in story telling and absolute acting. Sheer class! :thumbsup:

Vasantha Maligai, I would place on the 2nd pedestal after the above two movies.

anjali, live your life - see both the movies!

joe
8th March 2006, 11:32 AM
NOV,
That is exactly my order too ..I have VCDs of Karnan and vietnam veedu ,but not Vsantha maligai

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 11:37 AM
hi,

watch

KARNAN, cause shivaji DID NOT ACT in that movie.
HE JUST MERGED / dissolved himself IN THE ROLE OF KARNAN

NOV
8th March 2006, 11:43 AM
That is exactly my order too ..I have VCDs of Karnan and vietnam veedu ,but not Vsantha maligaime too. :)
But that is not to say VM is not good. On the contrary, it is also a good movie, along with another that came around the same time, Sivakamiyin Selvam. :shock: yet another movie where sivaji acts in multiple roles!

NOV
8th March 2006, 11:45 AM
KARNAN, cause shivaji DID NOT ACT in that movie.
HE JUST MERGED / dissolved himself IN THE ROLE OF KARNANbut isnt that true of most of his movies? lawyer Rajinikanth, Inspector Chaudhury, Bharathi, KOT, etc? :o

NOV
8th March 2006, 11:47 AM
ok, to carry on from where Anjali was getting, can we come up with a list of say 10 movies that every Sivaji fan worth his salt must have with him? I know it is tough to limit to 10, but let us give it a try!

hi
8th March 2006, 11:49 AM
joe.. thanx..for yr info.. i will go and see the collections.... :D

thank u for yr suggestions.. Nov.. Skathi..:)

NOV
8th March 2006, 11:53 AM
I will just throw in some titles.

Veera Pandiya Kattabomman
Kappal Ottiya Thamizhan
Paasa Malar
Karnan
Thiruvilaiyadal
Deiva Magan
Vietnam Veedu
Gauravam
Thanga Pathakkam
Mudhal Mariyathai

hi
8th March 2006, 11:55 AM
Nov- wat abt navarathiri.. i heard he has done 9 different roles and also.. puthiya paravai :roll: is not in yr list

joe
8th March 2006, 11:58 AM
NOV,
10 is very small ..I have no room to prepare one since I can't omit even a single movie from your list.

NOV
8th March 2006, 11:59 AM
How can I miss these!

Paalum Pazhamum
Pudhya Paravai
Aalaya Mani
Thillaana Mohanambal
Gnaana Oli
Paar Magale Paar
Baabu
Devar Magan

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:01 PM
hmm my fav anjali (assuming u also love watching bhakthi movies)

1. kappalottiya thamizhan
2. veera pandiya kattabomman
3. vietnaam veedu
4. thiruvilaiyaadal/thiruvarutchelvar/thirumaal perumai
5. padikaatha methai
6. muthal mariyaathai
7. Gauravam
8. Gnaana oli
9. thilaana mohanaambal
10. uyarntha manithan
11. motar suntharam pillai :clap:
12. navarathri
13. paalum pazhamum
14. kai kodutha deivam
15. paava manippu
16. ambikapathy
17. rangon radha
18. antha naaL
19. parashakthi (if u like lengthy yet flawless dialogues)
20. KaLvanin kaathali
21. vanangaa mudi
22. thangamalai ragasiyam (like a fairy tale :D)
23. sabhash meena
24. aalayamani
25. baabu
26. Kavarimaan

(all are equally great. NO PREF amongst these)

:(

Sorry i could notttttttttt limit to 10 :( .

NOV
8th March 2006, 12:03 PM
I know that Joe and Shakthi! :)
But let us punish ourselves - ONLY 10, not a single extra one!
What emerges should be the cream of the crop....

joe
8th March 2006, 12:05 PM
I know that Joe and Shakthi! :)
But let us punish ourselves - ONLY 10, not a single extra one!
What emerges should be the cream of the crop....

ok..My list is

Kappalottiya Thamizhan
Veera pandiya kattabomman
Karnan
Deiva magan
Vietnam Veedu
Muthal Mariyathai
Padikkatha Methai
Gowravam
Thillana Mohanambal
Navarathiri

But there are hell lot of movies in same league.

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:05 PM
hmm my fav anjali (assuming u also love watching bhakthi movies)

1. kappalottiya thamizhan
2. veera pandiya kattabomman
3. vietnaam veedu
4. thiruvilaiyaadal/thiruvarutchelvar/thirumaal perumai
5. padikaatha methai
6. muthal mariyaathai
7. Gauravam
8. Gnaana oli
9. thilaana mohanaambal
10. uyarntha manithan
11. motar suntharam pillai :clap:
12. navarathri
13. paalum pazhamum
14. kai kodutha deivam
15. paava manippu
16. ambikapathy
17. rangon radha
18. antha naaL
19. parashakthi (if u like lengthy yet flawless dialogues)
20. KaLvanin kaathali
21. vanangaa mudi
22. thangamalai ragasiyam (like a fairy tale :D)
23. sabhash meena
24. aalayamani
25. baabu
26. Kavarimaan
27. puthiya paravai

(all are equally great. NO PREF amongst these)

:(

Sorry i could notttttttttt limit to 10 :( .

I tried my LEVELLLLLLLLLL BEST to mark my top 10 :(

v. tough.

these are my suggestions. (with ratings)

6. muthal mariyaathai **
9. thilaana mohanaambal ***
10. uyarntha manithan ****
11. motar suntharam pillai :clap: *****
12. navarathri ***
16. ambikapathy ***
24. aalayamani ******
25. baabu *******
26. Kavarimaan *******
27. puthiya paravai *********

hi
8th March 2006, 12:06 PM
Skathi
I like the foloowing which u didn't mention also

- savalae samali

and which movie has the songs....

andru oomai penalo....
nalai indhae velai parthu
aaru manamae.. aaru?

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:07 PM
parthaal pasi theerum has GEMINI casted for the song (movie has gemini and shivaji)

andru oomai penn allo - paarthaal pasi theerum
naalai intha velai parthu - uyarntha manithan :) nice mvoie watch it
aaru manamE aaru - aandavan kattalai

NOV
8th March 2006, 12:11 PM
A little about our idol....

Best Actor Award, Afro-Asian Film Festival, Cairo Egypt 1960

Padma Sri 1966

Padma Vibhushan 1984
This the second highest civilian honor of India and follows Bharat Ratna and precedes the Padma Bhushan.

Chevalier dans ordre des Arts et Lettres' (Knight of Arts and Letters) 1994

Dadasaheb Phalke Award 1996
This an annual award given by the Indian government for lifetime contribution to Indian cinema.

joe
8th March 2006, 12:11 PM
Paarthaal pasi theerum and paavamannipu are packed with everlasting songs.

hi
8th March 2006, 12:12 PM
wat abt paar magalae..paar... ? and also a movie.. he will be a drama artist... and he has a brother.. :?

joe
8th March 2006, 12:13 PM
Nov,
You ommited 'Spl Jury' national award for 'Devar magan'..never mind..that is not upto sivaji's level . :)

joe
8th March 2006, 12:14 PM
wat abt paar magalae..paar... ?

kandippa Paar magane paar!
Nadigar Thilagam as a majestic egoistic father..must watch!beautiful songa!

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:15 PM
paar magalE paar has vjkumari and pushpalatha as daughters (its about disowning/reowning adopted daughter)

The movie u are talkin bout is

"raja-part rangadurai"

i.e rangadurai who always plays the part of king
(raja) :)

good movie. UNNCESSARILY WOULD DIE AT THE END. can watch it. :)

joe
8th March 2006, 12:16 PM
also a movie.. he will be a drama artist... and he has a brother.. :?

that is 'rajapart Rajkathurai' ..It is not that great movie .but not bad though!

Sanguine Sridhar
8th March 2006, 12:16 PM
My fav 10 movies

1. Veera Paandiya Katta Bomman
2. Uthamaputhiran
3. Karnan
4. Gowravam
5. Veeyatnam Veedu
6. Thiruvilayadal
7. Padithal Mattum Podhuma?
8. Thangapathakkam
9. Navarathri
10. Deiva magan

............................ More to list

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:17 PM
anjali,

INIMe ENNA.......... watch it :wink:

u got the list :P

NOV
8th March 2006, 12:18 PM
wat abt paar magalae..paar... ? and also a movie.. he will be a drama artist... and he has a brother.. :?I included PMP
The other movie you have mentioned is Rajapaat Rangadhurai
Brother was Srikanth - remember the fantastic song - naa sirikkirEn sirikkirEn sirippu varala (munnOdi for Kamal's unakkena mElE nindraai oh nandhalaalaa)
and the gut wrenching ammammaa thambi endru nambi avan unnai valarththaan

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:18 PM
also a movie.. he will be a drama artist... and he has a brother.. :?

that is 'rajapart Rajkathurai' ..It is not that great movie .but not bad though!

kewllllllll :thumbsup: 8-)

joe
8th March 2006, 12:19 PM
Sridhar...Nice Input! :D

hi
8th March 2006, 12:19 PM
ya skathi.. already i hve lot of his collections... :D :D ...

shop lae poi.. old movies kaeta.. they will ask..
enama... pudhu padam ellam vitutu.. pazhaya padam kaekureengae... :(

NOV
8th March 2006, 12:20 PM
anjali,
INIMe ENNA.......... watch it :wink:
u got the list :P:rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:22 PM
ya skathi.. already i hve lot of his collections... :D :D ...

namba "HAMMER-ICON" eduthu poi thalaila nalla rendu podunga :evil:

i HAVE THE SAMEEEEEEEEEE PROB HERE. Even IF I do not wanna buy but atleast rent out, (leave old ones, even 80z or 90z movie) MANY ARE NOT THERE.

I wanted my cousin to watch "AVAL APPADITH THAAN"
The guy gave me a QUIZZICAL LOOK, so irritating that I felt like punching his nose right there :evil:

NOV
8th March 2006, 12:22 PM
Many of you have listed Navarathri... hmmm.
Have to watch it again.

joe
8th March 2006, 12:23 PM

evan avan! :lol:

Btw,are you female? then change my comment for 'Paar magale Paar' as 'kandippa Paar magale Paar!"

hi
8th March 2006, 12:24 PM

evan avan! :lol:

Btw,are you female? then change my comment for 'Paar magale Paar' as 'kandippa Paar magale Paar!"

Joe.. anjali nu peyar signature irruku.. female-ah nu kaekureengae :cry:

btw.. i was wondering why u put paar..magana..paar :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
8th March 2006, 12:26 PM
Nov,KM :oops: Ingayuma :lol:

Anyways another important point which i admired abt Shivaji Sir is that he was ready to act in the multiple hero movies.He was the biggest star at the time but without any egoism he paired with Gemini and other heroes..noway MGR or Kamal or Rajini or any of the recent heroes did this :thumbsup:

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:26 PM
Nov,

navrathri LAST BUT ONE SCENE................

Savithri enters shivaji's room.

Shivaji is TOTALLY CONFUSED, ANGRY, ELATED, DELIGHTED, OVER-JOYED, BRIMMING WITH TEARS......... all in one.

Neither shivaji nor savithri would say a word.
They keep lookin at each other. First devoid of emotion. then smile, then laughter........

and then HE WOULD PULL HER HAIR and slap her so hardly........... with all the frustration and emotion which was spent on her for past 9 days.

WOW. nothing can be more realistic.

:clap:

joe
8th March 2006, 12:27 PM
Have to watch it again.

Nov,
You have to watch 'Navarathiri' not only for Nadigathilagam ,but for Nadigaiyar Thilagam Savithiri too.hmm..what an actress ..In the koothu song Both Nadigar thilagam and Nadigaiyar thilagam trying to beat each other in excellence.

Sanguine Sridhar
8th March 2006, 12:28 PM
I have one doubt in the movie Navarathri..all the 9 characters are the replica of navarasams??

Justice
8th March 2006, 12:30 PM
Have to watch it again.

Nov,
You have to watch 'Navarathiri' not only for Nadigathilagam ,but for Nadigaiyar Thilagam Savithiri too.hmm..what an actress ..In the koothu song Both Nadigar thilagam and Nadigaiyar thilagam trying to beat each other in excellence.

:clap: :notworthy: I still remeber lots of words from this koothu :)

incredible

joe
8th March 2006, 12:31 PM
I have one doubt in the movie Navarathri..all the 9 characters are the replica of navarasams??

Exactly .each character having characteristic of one of 9 rasams.

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:32 PM
Thinkin bout it

1. elegance (dad)
2. routhram (killer)
3. shantham (doc)
4. kaamam
5. naive (village guy)
6. karunai (diseased person)
7. majestic (army)
8. shrungaaram (dancer)
9. sogam (lover)

I dunno if these are navarasam?
nopes shridhar. not really.

its just that she meets 9 chars during 9 days.

joe
8th March 2006, 12:33 PM
Have to watch it again.

Nov,

incredible

hopefully you remember how savithri says "haiyoo" :)

Sanguine Sridhar
8th March 2006, 12:36 PM
KM that thief will think that Savithri as a prostitute right?? ..So Kaamam fits that character

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:38 PM
illai first is CHILD'S DAD who would save her.

Elegant dad........ who lost his wife (can say elegance or sorrow)

joe
8th March 2006, 12:39 PM
KM that thief will think that Savithri as a prostitute right?? ..So Kaamam fits that character
Kaamam character is the one sing the song 'Iravinil aatam pakalinil thookam..ithu thaan engal ulagam"

NOV
8th March 2006, 12:40 PM
Nov,KM :oops: Ingayuma :lol:
naanga kEtkka vEndiya kElvi :huh:

Anyways another important point which i admired abt Shivaji Sir is that he was ready to act in the multiple hero movies. Dont forget he acted with MGR in Koondu Kili

I have one doubt in the movie Navarathri..all the 9 characters are the replica of navarasams??YES!
Sringaaram - Love
Haasyam - Comedy
Karunai - Sympathy
Rudram - Anger
Veeram - Courage
Bayam - Fear
Bibatsam - Disgust
Arphutham - Wonder
Shantam-Peace

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:43 PM
can someone tell me the starting of that kuthu pattu song.

I shall try to reproduce as much as i remember.

joe
8th March 2006, 12:45 PM
can someone tell me the starting of that kuthu pattu song.

I shall try to reproduce as much as i remember.

It starts something like 'vanthene..Rajathi raja maha..."

hi
wat abt the following movies?

Balepandiya
Pachaivilakku
Iru Malargal

NOV
hello guys and gals! kaamam aint a rasam! :shock:

Akilan, nice to see you here.
You can witness how a Discussion should take place. ;)

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 12:46 PM
Shakthi .....

athu kuthu paatta ? koothu paatta ? ;-)
These were the songs in Navarathri

Navarathiri Suba Raathiri
Sollavaa Kathai Sollavaa
Iravinil Aatam
Poattathu Mulaikkuthadi
Vanthaene

Guess Navarathri was Nadigal Thilagam's 100th movie ! any thoughts?

joe
8th March 2006, 12:51 PM
wat abt the following movies?

Balepandiya
Pachaivilakku
Iru Malargal

Bale pandiya -I think MMKR had influence from Pale pandiya .Pale pandiya taken in 30 days ,with 4 sivaji characters and 2 M.R.Radha characters,with excellent comedy and marvellous songs like 'Aththikkai kaai' and 'Vazha ninaithaal vaazhalam'..must watch!

Pachaivilakku -Hmm ..no words to describe..jewels of songs like 'Oli mayamana',' kelvi piranthathu' ,'Vaarathirupparo'...must must watch!

Irumalargal - Super story with great songs like 'Maathavi pon mayilal' and 'Mannika vendukiren'..he he..must watch!

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 12:51 PM
Bale Pandiya ....
An awesome portrayal of big bro, young bro n a villian !

Pachai Vilakku
Really loving brother....

u just cant explain his acting ! u have to feel it ........ on the spot

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:52 PM
theriyaama solliten bg :)

rajathE raja...??
raja veeraprathapan...
vanthen ayya...
vanthu nindru sabaikku
vanthanam thanthen ayya
vanthu nindru sabaikku
vanthanam thanthen ayya...

????????????
vanthu nindru pin sendru.......
...vittarE....

nallathu yaarendru sendru visaarippom.

mannulaga mangaiya
allathu vinnulaga nangaiya?

netru varai en petror athai patri
ennavum illai
naanum athai patri sinthikkavum illai
aanal indrennavo........

?????
unakoru vasagathinai naan uraithidavE
anbinaal inbamaay ingu vaaa....

atti ethu?
itho kitta varen...

manna en aasai maranthidatheer
saki un aasai naanum marappathillai
hayoo maranthidatheer
maranthidatheer
marappathillai..........

Cha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant rememebr :sad:

NOV
Guess Navarathri was Nadigal Thilagam's 100th movie ! any thoughts?Yes it was his 100th movie. And he wanted to make a record of sorts - so navarathri was born
His 200th movie was Thirusoolam - three roles.

joe
Guess Navarathri was Nadigal Thilagam's 100th movie ! any thoughts?
Ofcourse,It is nadigar thilagam's 100th movie .It deserves for its hype.

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 12:53 PM
theriyaama solliten bg :)

rajathE raja...??
raja veeraprathapan...
vanthen ayya...
vanthu nindru sabaikku
vanthanam thanthen ayya
vanthu nindru sabaikku
vanthanam thanthen ayya...

????????????
vanthu nindru pin sendru.......
...vittarE....

nallathu yaarendru sendru visaarippom.

mannulaga mangaiya
allathu vinnulaga nangaiya?

netru varai en petror athai patri
ennavum illai
naanum athai patri sinthikkavum illai
aanal indrennavo........

athai naan sollith thaan theriya venduma swamiiii!

?????
unakoru vasagathinai naan uraithidavE
anbinaal inbamaay ingu vaaa....

atti ethu?
itho kitta varen...

manna en aasai maranthidatheer
hayoo manna en aasai maranthidatheer
maranthidatheer
marappathillai..........

Cha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant rememebr :sad:

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 12:55 PM
Nobody can match his performance in films like Gauravam ! Awwesome .... Fascinating ... Marvellous .....
His Kappalottiya thamizhan, Bharathiyaar, Appar,Tenaliraaman n more characters ...were real portrayal of such characters ... As far as i knew, i get reminded of Sivaji's face, when i read about Vaa U Si .......

joe
8th March 2006, 12:55 PM
Sakthi,
Wow! for reproducing the lines :clap:

selvakumar
8th March 2006, 12:58 PM

Ya ... :lol: But I witnessed a long post from S.Balaji. After that, I was not able to witness anything.. (just kidding) :lol:

joe
8th March 2006, 01:03 PM

Ya ... :lol: But I witnessed a long post from S.Balaji. After that, I was not able to witness anything.. (just kidding) :lol:

Selvakumar,
Pls let your ajith-vijay fans friends know what you have witnessed.. :)

hi
8th March 2006, 01:04 PM
saraswathi sabatham also :clap:

NOV
8th March 2006, 01:05 PM
Ya ... :lol: But I witnessed a long post from S.Balaji. After that, I was not able to witness anything.. (just kidding) :lol:separate the wheat from the chaff
sont confuse opinion for fact

idhu pOdhumaa, innum konjam vEnumaa? :D

Shakthiprabha.
thx joe. :)

anjali,

saraswathi sabhatham is also great.

rani maharaani
rajiyathin raani
veha vehamaaha vantha
nagareega raani :D

joe
saraswathi sabatham also :clap:

I heard that Rajini's favourite movie is saraswathi sapatham.

hi
8th March 2006, 01:07 PM
Nov,

A kind request to add this thread to sticky topic... as a tribute to the great legend :D

NOV
8th March 2006, 01:08 PM
saraswathi sabatham also :clap:cannot lah!
if you go on listing every movie, how to end with only 10?

Can anyone here do an audit and come up with Super 10?

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 01:08 PM
I second anjali :)

joe
8th March 2006, 01:19 PM

I also want to second .But even if Moderators wanted to make it sticky ,then too many people will force to make their favourite's thread sticky ..We can't expect most of the people can understand ..One may come out and ask 'Who is sivaji'?..I will not be surprised..That is kaalaththin kolam!! :oops:

hi
8th March 2006, 01:21 PM
ya i agree with joe ... but anyway 'we' shivaji fans.. can keep the thread lively.. :D

joe
8th March 2006, 01:27 PM
ya i agree with joe ... but anyway 'we' shivaji fans.. can keep the thread lively.. :D
Exactly ..I will do my best to make this thread alive.

NOV
8th March 2006, 01:32 PM
thanks for understanding the situation here. :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 01:33 PM

I also want to second .But even if Moderators wanted to make it sticky ,then too many people will force to make their favourite's thread sticky .

joe, everybody's favourite CANNOT BE equal to SHIVAJI.
A major diff is HE IS A YESTER YEARS ACTOR, WHO ACHIEVED MUCH more than MOST ALIVE TODAY. and............

is no more with us

This is the LEAST respect we can give him.

We can't expect most of the people can understand ..One may come out and ask 'Who is sivaji'?..

Thats precisely why this thread should be sticky. Future fans SHOULD know atleast the name of the legend.

I will not be surprised..That is kaalaththin kolam!! :oops:

:) yup.

p.s: I leave it to the mods, no regrets for me, whatever be the decision. :)

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 01:35 PM
thanks for understanding the situation here. :oops:

kewl nov. we do understand.

As long as shivaji fans are here, we would revive it and keep it alive :)

hi
8th March 2006, 01:36 PM
Skathi... then ppl might rise a question why not for MGR.. Gemini.. so let this not be in sticky... to avoid conflicts.. alternatively...we can keep it lively.. :)

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 01:39 PM
I agree we can keep it lively.

leaving out i am a fan of shivaji,

Everybody needs to think that shivaji is a born actor, whose ONLY profession was filmdom.

He cannot be compared with MGR or GEMINI.

MGR IS makkal thilagam (NOT 'NADIGAR-THILAkaM')
GEMINI is kaathal mannan (not 'nadigar'-thilakam)

Therez world of difff.

Its better we leave at this :)

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 01:44 PM
Review on Andha Naal

Borrowing the narrative style from Akira Kurosawa's well-known classic Rashomon, the movie consists of different versions of how a crime could have happened, as narrated by different people. A clever screenplay, fast pace due to sticking to the story with no diversions in the form of song sequences, exquisite cinematography and surprising twists and turns make Andha Naal one of the must-see movies in Tamil cinema.

The day after the Japanese bombs Madras in 1941, radio engineer Rajan(Sivaji) is killed by a single gunshot and his neighbor Chinnayya reports the incident to the police. Apart from his distraught wife Usha(Pandaribai), his brother Pattabhi and Pattabhi's wife Hema were the others living in the house at that time. A dancer Ambujam enters the picture later. But as the police and CID Sivanandhan(Jaavar Seetharaman) investigate the case, they find out that each person involved in the case has his own suspect and a version of how the murder happened.

With its stark photography full of lights and shadows, innovative camera angles and crime subject complete with twists and turns, Andha Naal is one of the few examples of film noir in Tamil cinema. From its opening scene, where we see Sivaji being shot, the film moves at breakneck speed, with no speedbumps in the form of song and dance. In fact, not a single scene in the movie is unnecessary and every sequence contributes something to propel the story forward. As each suspect weaves his own version of what he thinks happened in the early hours of the day, we see different pictures being painted, with the participants' characters taking on different hues in each story depending on who the storyteller is.

The screenplay has been constructed flawlessly with each character pointing at another suspect and all the versions have us hooked. It is also interesting the way the story comes full circle as it starts with the neighbor casting suspicion on Sivaji's brother and ends with the neighbor himself being the suspect. All the stories sound plausible and our suspicion shifts from one character to another with each new story. Different elements like the packed bag, the money etc. are accounted for in each version and when the real killer is finally revealed, it comes as a real surprise. The reason behind it also provides perfect closure.

Weaved into these different stories is the CID's own investigation into the crime based on the evidence collected at the scene. Though quite straightforward, the way he goes about analyzing what happened is interesting and his MO for revealing the killer is clever. The confusion of the CID and the police inspector as each suspect points to someone new offers the movie's few lighter moments. While some of the evidence is explained, the absence of fingerprints on the gun appears to be a big loose end. It is never explained and in the real sequence of events revealed in the climax, the killer does not do anything to clean the fingerprints on the gun.

The cinematography really catches the eye in the movie. The black and white heightens the atmosphere and the director has utilized lights and shadows to the maximum extent. The silhoutte of Sivaji as he talks with the dancer in the park and the shadows on his face when he talks to Pandaribai are some scenes where the camera uses lights to enhance the shot. The inventive camera angles are another noticeable aspect as the camera captures the faces of the actors through a variety of odd spaces. The shot where the rotating chair comes to a stop at the point where the actor is seen between its armrest and seat is one such striking shot. There is another scene where the CID meets a shopkeeper who renders lines from a drama acting as a king. The overhead light being positioned like a crown on his head as he recites the lines is a very clever touch from the director.

Sivaji is required to play both good and bad guy depending on the version of the story and he does so flawlessly. His disregard for any kind of image is apparent in his role here as his character smokes and has an affair with a dancer. The neighbor makes us laugh with his nervous actions and dialog delivery in front of the police. Pandaribai is quiet as the dutiful wife while the actress playing Hema does a great job as a brave and forthright woman. Jaavar Seetharaman, also responsible for the screenplay, displays the right kind of seriousness for the role of the CID.

joe
8th March 2006, 01:45 PM
சிங்கத்தின் கால்கள் பழுது பட்டாலும் சீற்றம் குறைவதுண்டோ!

ஆயிரம் கைகள் மறைத்து நின்றாலும் ஆதவன் மறைவதில்லை!

joe
8th March 2006, 01:51 PM
Bingleguy,
Wonderful review! :D :clap:

hi
8th March 2006, 01:56 PM
Can anybody precisely tell me the story of "Iru Malaragal" (just curious to know)

when i was kid.. my mom alwaz sing this song "Annamitta Kaigalukku"

selvakumar
8th March 2006, 02:03 PM
<digression>

Selvakumar,
Pls let your ajith-vijay fans friends know what you have witnessed.. :)

:) Joe, "அதுல அந்த பலனும் இருக்காது.. நானும் சவுரவ் வேனா சொல்லலாம்.. ஆனா!!"

That will be a waste of my efforts.

Ya ... :lol: But I witnessed a long post from S.Balaji. After that, I was not able to witness anything.. (just kidding) :lol:separate the wheat from the chaff
sont confuse opinion for fact

idhu pOdhumaa, innum konjam vEnumaa? :D

NOV, You have already injected chaff into the wheat (By quoting akilan). I hope u might have separated it now. :D No offense meant.

Joe, NOV.. Sorry for the digression. I am witnessing the arguements. :thumbsup:
Akilan provided a good arguement on Ajith several times. But he never tolerates someone ridiculing ajith.

</digression>

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 02:08 PM
bg,

wow I thought u copy pasted that review.

GREAT REVIEW. :clap: keep it up.

NOV
8th March 2006, 02:08 PM
who acted in the various roles in Andha Naal, BG?

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 02:09 PM
no comments Shakthi :(

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 02:10 PM
Can anybody precisely tell me the story of "Iru Malaragal" (just curious to know)

when i was kid.. my mom alwaz sing this song "Annamitta Kaigalukku"

anjali,

I dunno if it the song was from the same movie :?

'iru malargal' is the story of a guy who gets married to someone whom he is not in love, who, fortunately or unfortunately meets his x lover after marriage.

Which of them gets to live life with him, is the story.

(padmini and shivaji has an affair bef shivaji's marriage. sadly they dont get married. He marries k.r.vijaya who yearns for his love. Later after their marriage, padmini enters their life )

nice moive. :)

NOV
8th March 2006, 02:13 PM
when i was kid.. my mom alwaz sing this song "Annamitta Kaigalukku"I remember it vaguely. Sivaji acts as a man with two loves in his life - KR Vijaya (family annointed wife) and Pathmini (his lover)

Popular songs were maharaaja oru maharaani, mannikka vEndugirEn, maadhavi pon mayilaai thOgai viriththaal and the soulful kadavul thandha iru malargal

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 02:13 PM
I guess iru Malargal was a tragedy !

NOV,

The main cast were Rajan ie Sivaji, his wife Usha ie Pandaribai and as the CID -> Jaavar Seetharaaman (he acted in films like Pattanathil Bootham)

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 02:22 PM
bg,

check ur puthiyathor padaippu :)

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 02:25 PM
ahaaaaaaaaaaa shakthi ........ yenna pannineenga ?

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 02:26 PM
dign

ayayyo...... ennanga ......

sagikaliya? I dont know the concept........ :(

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 02:32 PM
dign

ayayyo...... ennanga ......

sagikaliya? I dont know the concept........

I ve replied there ...... Here lets not break the chain ..... :-)
We shall continue about our Chevalier Nadigar Thilagam !

selvakumar
8th March 2006, 02:33 PM
The best thing that I noticed with NADIGAR THILAGAM is:

Even he comes just for a few seconds in the screen, he leaves a strong impact in us.

I remember THAAVANI KANAVUKAL movie. He did comedy very well in the first part. But later on, his acting towards that PILLAYAAR temple was wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :clap:

:SALUTE: :clap:

I laughed like anything in the court scene. :lol: In the end, he will recieve the fine :lol: Awesome indeed !!

joe
8th March 2006, 02:34 PM
<dig>
Bingle,SP,
Atleast when you type kavithai,why don't you try to type in unicode tamil using e-kalappai,which is very easy.
</dig>

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 02:41 PM
<dig>
Bingle,SP,
Atleast when you type kavithai,why don't you try to type in unicode tamil using e-kalappai,which is very easy.
</dig>

<dig>
Joe, sorry, i tried that ... but thats not working .... i also tried some other ways, but everything n vain .... even what ever u ppla are typing in tamizh i am hardly able to view it.... n also even some letters are displayed very horribly wrong ..... guess thats coz of the fonts issue .....

e-kalappai ... can u tell me more about this ???? Joe
</dig>

joe
8th March 2006, 02:48 PM
Bg,
Pls download ekalappai(tamilnet99) from here
http://thamizha.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=3

and install..It is very easy ..When you post here,just choose
Type/edit as unicode and switch to Tamil (ALT2) and type in tamil..sure very easy..pls try.

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 02:56 PM
USE murasu editor else :)

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks Joe ....

But shld i know Tamizh type writing for this ????
how about this ?
வணக்கம்

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 03:01 PM
BG,

wow !

:lol:

joe
8th March 2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks Joe ....

But shld i know Tamizh type writing for this ????
how about this ?
வணக்கம்

wow!வணக்கம்!
Typing 'vaNakkam' will do வணக்கம்...No need to know tamil type writing..just taminglizh type writing will do :)

Raikkonen
8th March 2006, 05:06 PM
Enna mari englishleye tamil type pannanumna..
Perarasu thread poi parunga..

kannannn
8th March 2006, 06:17 PM
Wow! So many posts in so short a time!! One movie I would like to add is 'Pudhayal'. Apart from the songs that were great, the humor was very casually placed into the naration. I feel the movie was very much different from the genres made during that time. Were the dialogues penned by Karunanidhi? Can someone confirm?

joe
8th March 2006, 06:32 PM
Wow! So many posts in so short a time!! One movie I would like to add is 'Pudhayal'. Apart from the songs that were great, the humor was very casually placed into the naration. I feel the movie was very much different from the genres made during that time. Were the dialogues penned by Karunanidhi? Can someone confirm?

Yes Kannannn,Dialogue by Kalainjar ..with beautiful song "Vinnodum mugilodum vilayaadum vennilave"..Btw,who is in your avatar?

kannannn
8th March 2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the information Joe. Yes, Karunanidhi is very good at embedding humor into his dialogues. Also, Annadurai (Balayya's character in 'Or Iravu', if I am right). <Dig> The name of the man in my avatar is in my signature. He was regarded a better director than themselves by some of the best directors of world cinema. Watch his movies, when you get time. </Dig>

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 08:07 PM
Ive heard bout him.

If possible name some of his BEST movies plz

kannannn
8th March 2006, 09:37 PM
<dig>SP, I like them all, but I will give you my 3 personal favourites.
1. Andrey Rublev
2. Solyaris (regarded by many as the best science fiction movie ever made, even ahead of '2001:..' and remade in 2002 by Steven Soderbergh). This was supposedly his least favourite though.
3. Ivan's Childhood.
Like our own Shivaji Ganesan, Tarkovski was neglected by his country, the USSR and some of his films were even banned ('Andrey Ryublov' was screened at 4:00 in the morning at Cannes to prevent it from winning an award and it still won one)./<dig>

Ooh! I am digressing a lot. Sorry, and please continue with the discussion on our own colossus of acting.

nilavupriyan
8th March 2006, 10:10 PM
Have to watch it again.

Nov,

incredible

hopefully you remember how savithri says "haiyoo" :)

:lol: :lol: thats "hayo"... :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
8th March 2006, 10:23 PM
v. interesting kannan. thx :)

would watch out for those mentioned by u :thumbsup:

S.Balaji
8th March 2006, 10:43 PM
[tscii:9fece1a2c8]Nadigar thilagam as VAA VUU CHIDAMBARAM in KAPPAL OTTIYA THAMIZAN

I am going straight away to the final scene…….

In his last moments…. In death bed…. The whole family and faithfulls around him….. still the fire in his eyes …. He whispers …. Very weakly …… dhaagam dhaagam….. ….. someone brings water…..

VOC feels sad……

NAAN KETADHU SUDHANDHIRA DAAGAM….. and he requests to sing Mahakavi Subramania Barathi’s song and it immediately goes….

ENDRU THANIYUM INDHA SUDHANDHIRA DAAGAM

ENDRU MADIYUM ENGAL ADIMAYIN MOGAM

I can never forget this scene in my life as this is one of the best scenes played by Nadigar thilagam ……

In his eyes , one can see the anxiety, sadness of someone who is longing dearly for his country men to be set free from the clutches of the ruthless Britishers…….

And also the reflection of a devoted person who could not see freedom during his life time…….

The song moves to the second stage :

•PANJAMUM NOYUM NIN MEI ADIYAARKO

•PAARINIL MENMAIGAL VER INIYAARKO

•THANJAM ADAINDHA PIN KAI VIDALAAMO

•THAAYUM THAN KUZANDHAYAI THALIDA POMO !!

Very touchy and tearful lyrics from our desiya kavi Barathi……

Some of the lyrics of Mahakavi were so striking and powerful that will make even a slave / timid guy wake up ……..

As the comes to an end ….SO ALSO THE LIFE OF VAA VU CEE….. ( unfortunately, VOC passed away before we could get independence )

I WILL HAVE TO MENTION HERE AS VOC only as SHIVAJI LIVED AND DIED LIKE THAT CHARACTER…..

It was a magnificent portrayal of one of the eminent freedom fighters , Tamilnadu had produced ….

The impact was such that the great VOC’s son himself acknowledged that HE COULD SEE HIS FATHER THROUGH SHIVAJI !!

To Shivaji, this must be the most befitting tribute of his life ……..

True…. Nadigar thilagam gave us the feeling that it was VOC himself ……

Now I am requesting you all those who have not seen this movie….. to watch this first….. as this is one of the best of the portrayals of Shivaji…..

And it was a precise reflection of the great freedom fighter Vaa Vuu.. Chidambaranar…….

This movie is an excellent capture of his entire life history…. A rich man , giving up all his wealth and personal life ……just dedicated his life for the sake our freedom……..

He got imprisoned several times and as it was a rigorous imprisonment , he was forced to do various tough functions which were way beyond his age then…..

To give an example, Shivaji depicts a scene wherein , inside the prison , he will be pulling a Chekku machine ( a primitive machine which will extract oil from the seeds and normally bullock will be used to pull this )……with all the pain expressed in his face….. and it will be a tearful sight ……….

We would not have known much about VOC if it is not conveyed through a powerful medium like cinema…….

There will be a fascinating scene mid way when VOC meets one of the British Collectors for demanding certain basic fundamental rights which the Collector refuses……

At this moment , VOC in a flash asks him to recollect about Veera Pandiya Kattabomman and what he did to Britishers earlier …….

Here , briefly , the great Director B.R.Panthulu flashes the images of Shivaji playing the role of Kattabomman…..

The Collector’s faces immediately turn reddish as he gets nervous and uncomfortable upon hearing the name Kattabomman !

There is another wonderful scene ….. this time in VOC’s residence with his family……

As VOC prepares to start the fund raising for buying an Indigenous Ship , he will just look at his wife ….. immediately , his wife will give her jewels whatever she had in a second !!

These are just a few unforgettable scenes…….

Even today in Ottapidaram prison, I understand, the old Chekku machine which was operated by the great VOC is being preserved as a monument in recognition of him……
As VOC belonged to the non-violent group ( another follower of Mahatma Gandhiji ) , Nadigar Thilagam must have studied his traits through references and he precisely depicts all through the movie with mild mannered approach…….

The same Nadigar Thilagam was diametrically opposite with all the native aggression and valour of a king as Kattabomman……an expression of courage to take the mighty Britishers , bearding the Lion in its own den…..

Nadigar thilagam , once mentioned that he was expecting some recognition for his performance in Veera pandiya kattabomman ……. As he thought that this could be his life time best role…..

However, in my opinion, I feel he should have been given national award for his magnificent portrayal of VOC in Kappal Ottiya Thamizan…..

Antony Quin’s Omar Mukthar was widely publicized and it got huge recognition across the world ( indeed it was a nice movie no doubt ) …….but Shivaji’s Kappal ottiya Thamizan was not even recognized by our own countrymen……..

Its very important for us today to know about the freedom fighters who gave their life for the sake of independence and freedom for the country…….

Nobody else could have played this role with such a precision than the Everest of acting…..

It appeared as if he was born to play this role of VOC

This movie also had some beautiful lyrics of Mahakavi Barathi like :

•Velli panimalayin meedhu ulaavuvom…….. ( this song will feature when VOC comes back successfully with his ship and one should look at the cheer and happiness shown by Nadigar Thilagam … )

•Vande mataram enbom ( during this song, the swadeshi movement will be at its peak and everyone will be burning the clothes imported by the Britishers into the country )

•Odi vilayaadu paapaa

•Katru veliyidai kannamaa

•Nenjil uramindri nermai thiramum indri vandhanai solvaaradee

•Thaneer vitto valarthom sarvesaa ippayirai….kaneeraaal kaathom…karuga thiruvulamo…… and when the song touches the following words :

MELORGAL VENSIRAYIL VEENZDHU KIDAPADHUVUM….NOOLORGAL CHEKKADIYIL NOVADHUVUM KAANGILAYOO………

The whole theatre will cry and our hearts will pain as mid way, there will be shot showing VOC pulling the chekku machine , grimacing in acute pain and agony………Shivaji will make us weep uncontrollably ……

There will be another shot showing the legendary VOC eating the horrible food inside the prison …..while eating , he will recollect his glorious yesteryears when he used to sit with his family and eat with a silver spoon…… A PRIZE THAT HE GOT FOR HAVING GIVEN UP PERSONAL LIFE FOR THE SAKE OF THE COUNTRY……

Apparently, B.R.Panthulu took this movie , with a genuine intention to spread the unparalleled contributions of our freedom fighters …….there was no commercial element……

Unfortunately, despite the government support on giving a tax exemption certificate, the movie was not commercially successful …………

And this is one of the sad stories of tamil film industry…….
[/tscii:9fece1a2c8]

S.Balaji
9th March 2006, 01:01 AM
Dear All...

Just see the url below for the particular scene which I had mentioned earlier on the great VOC pullling the chekku instrument while getting beaten by the Jail warden

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/gallery/sg/sg025.htm

S.Balaji
9th March 2006, 01:04 AM
Here you see the stills of Gauravam...

the 2 different personalities ...seeing eye to eye

the arrogant and self confident Barrister and the gentle Junior

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/gallery/sg/sg003.htm

joe
9th March 2006, 03:25 PM
Balaji,
Thanks for the links! :D

tacinema
9th March 2006, 05:50 PM
It is very difficult to pick 10 out of almost 300 movies. I am going to categorize his movies and try to pick the best, as per my opinion. Also, I will list out other great movies under each list:

1. Love: Iruvar Ullam - a soft, tender love and realistic portrayal (other good ones are: ambakapathi, V Maaligai, Ooty varai uravu, Niraikudam, Sivandha Mann and so on)
2. Comedy: Bale Pandya - with M R Radha, a hilarious movie (sabash meena,arivaali,galatta kalyanam,moondru deivangal and so on)
3. Acting: Bhaga Pirivinai - awesome movie (list will be endless. Some notables are: deiva magan, thevar magan, paasamalar, padithal mattum pothuma,pachai vilakku, parthal pasi theerum, padikkatha medhai, mudhal mariyathai, raman ethanai ramanadi, thavapputhalvan, and so on. Especially all "paa" movies Bhim Singh-Sivaji combination)
4. Family: Paalum pazhamum - husband & movie feelings nicely reflected (motor sundaram pillai,paar magale paar, nitchaya thampoolam, uyarntha manithan, and so on)
5. Mythological: Saraswathy sabatham - delightful movie (thiruvilaiyadal, tiruvarutchelvar, kanthan karunai, tirumal perumai. all AP Nagarajan movies)
6. History: Kappalottiya tamilzhan - tribute to freedom fighter (karnan, VP kattabomman,manohara, many movies where he came as a historian for short time, eg. gauravam)
7. Artist: Thillana Mohanambal - wonderful movie to watch (pattum parathamum, miruthanga chakaravarthy)
8. Action: Raja - stylish movie (pattikada pattanama, engal thanga raaja)
9. Real life character: Gauravam - a fierce lawyer (thangapathakkam, vietnam veedu, mahakavi kalidas and so on)
10. Others: Uthama Puthiran - a blessing for sivaji fans (andha naal, navarathiri, pudhiya paravai, rajapat rangadurai, avanthan manithan, sorgam, uthahaman and so on)

His first movie Parasakthi created history - a must watch for every one..

Sivaji was the only leading tamil actor who acted many movies with popular co-stars. He acted many movies with Gemini ganesan, Muthuraman and SS Rajendran. I believe Sivaji must have been extremely confident and felt that he can stand out in any crowd. In fact, all Bhim Singh "paa" series movies had a big team, besides Sivaji, Gemini acted in almost all movies. Kondukili is the only movie where sivaji-mgr acted together.

bingleguy
9th March 2006, 05:54 PM
Awe some work tacinema ............

S.Balaji
9th March 2006, 06:10 PM
Balaji,

Enna Joe....

Unga Avatarai mathiteengalay !! I was inspired by your previous avatar and posted Gauravam.....

any way.... this show the bravery and valour of Kattabomman the great

Thanks and anbudan

joe
9th March 2006, 06:46 PM
Balaji,

Enna Joe....

Unga Avatarai mathiteengalay !! I was inspired by your previous avatar and posted Gauravam.....

any way.... this show the bravery and valour of Kattabomman the great

Thanks and anbudan

Balaji,
Ungkal anbukku INanga meedum King George!

great
9th March 2006, 06:47 PM
noooooooooooooooo joe , kattaboman was awesome :P

try out thillana monaganambal :roll: :idea:

S.Balaji
9th March 2006, 06:57 PM
Great .....

Gauravam padam paarthu vittu Joe vudaya avatarai ninaivukku kondu vaarungal...

You just watch the particular scene when King George comes across the young bull ...

Its really awesome !!

Thanks thanks thanks to Joe dear once again for getting back to the Emperor George

Endrum anbudan

joe
9th March 2006, 07:12 PM
Balaji,
It is my pleasure to see another nadigar thilagam fan like me.

bingleguy
9th March 2006, 07:24 PM
joe ...

naagallaamum irukkom sir ;-)

Well that was really an excellent piece of Direction, the fight being depicted as a Chess board game !
Also the the direction for the saying "Valandha kada nenjula paayardhu" as the barrister laughing when the small kid used to hit his chest ... but becomes unbearable when the grown hits his chest !

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 07:24 PM
:roll:

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 07:26 PM
btw,

balaji's link did not work for me :(

joe
9th March 2006, 07:41 PM
joe ...

naagallaamum irukkom sir ;-)

Aha..mannuchukunga! :D

S.Balaji
9th March 2006, 07:46 PM
btw,

balaji's link did not work for me :(

SP....

Please visit The Hindu website and try Photo gallery....

You will get the link

hi
9th March 2006, 09:11 PM
Which shivaji movie is.. the song frm .. ennai... yarendru... ?

joe
9th March 2006, 09:17 PM
Which shivaji movie is.. the song frm .. ennai... yarendru... ?
Paalum Pazhamum

Thirumaran
9th March 2006, 10:15 PM
Ennai Yaarendru Enni Enni Nee paarkiraai ...
Ithu Yaar Paadum Paadal Enru nee Ketkinraai ...
Naan Aval Perai thinam Paadum Kuyil Allava ..
En Paadal Aval Thantha Mozhi Allava ...

:) Nice song.

S.Balaji
9th March 2006, 10:54 PM
Thirumaran....

Endrum silaiyaana un deivam pesaadhaiyaa

sarugaana malar meendum malaraadhaiyaa

kanvaana kadhai meendum thodaraadhaiyaa

The above words are for Saroja Devi ....

Now SHivaji gives back :

Endhan mana kovil silaiyaaga valarndhaalamma

malarodu malaraaga malarndhaal amma

kanavennum ther yeri parandhaal amma

kaatrodu kaatraaga kalandhaal amma

How is it !!

Golden lyrics from Kavignar....

actually written by him in praise of Lord Krishna !! later used for Paalum Pazamum

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 11:03 PM
I liked AALAYAMANI songs better than paalum pazhamum.

may it be

ponnai virumbum boomiyilE

or

kalellaam manikka kal aagumaa?

"aala maraththin vizhuthugaL polE
anaithu nirkkum uravu thanthaayE
vazhaik kandru annaiyin nizhalil
vazhvathu polE vaazha vaithaayE
intha uravum.... intha manamum
endrum vendum en uyirE"

wow...... is not enough to praise the lyrics

Priyankak
10th March 2006, 12:34 AM
Thirumaran....

Endrum silaiyaana un deivam pesaadhaiyaa

sarugaana malar meendum malaraadhaiyaa

kanvaana kadhai meendum thodaraadhaiyaa

The above words are for Saroja Devi ....

Now SHivaji gives back :

Endhan mana kovil silaiyaaga valarndhaalamma

malarodu malaraaga malarndhaal amma

kanavennum ther yeri parandhaal amma

kaatrodu kaatraaga kalandhaal amma

How is it !!

Golden lyrics from Kavignar....

actually written by him in praise of Lord Krishna !! later used for Paalum Pazamum

:clap: Who made those lines? Super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good Job. :thumbsup:

Thirumaran
10th March 2006, 12:40 AM
:clap: Who made those lines? Super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good Job. :thumbsup:

Kavignar Kannadasan. :D

Priyankak
10th March 2006, 12:40 AM
No words to describe his talentes... He's a SUPERMAN!

Naan pesam ninaippathellam nee pesa vendum........ :roll:

Thirumaran
10th March 2006, 12:49 AM
Priyanka the song u are mentioning is also from Paalum Pazhamum..

Excellent song.

naan paesa ninaippadhellaam nee paesa vaendum,
naaloadum pozhudhoadum uravaada vaendum,
uravaada vaendum ...
naan kaanum ulagangal, nee kaana vaendum,
nee kaana vaendum
nee kaanum porul yaavum, naanaaga vaendum,
naanaaga vaendum

paaloadu pazham yaavum, unakkaaga vaendum,
unakkaaga vaendum ...
paavai un mugam paarthu, pasiyaara vaendum,
pasiyaara vaendum..
manadhaalum ninaivaalum, thaayaaga vaendum,
naanaaga vaendum
madi meedhu vilaiyaadum, saeyaaga vaendum,
neeyaaga vaendum...

sollenrum mozhiyenrum, porulenrum illai,
porulenrum illai
sollaadha sollukku, vilaiyaedhum illai,
vilaiyaedhum illai ..
onroadu onraaga, uyir saerndha pinnae,
uyir saerndha pinnae ...
ulagangal namaiyanri, vaeraedhum illai,
vaeraedhum illai

joe
10th March 2006, 06:56 AM
Thirumaran,
hats off to you for remembering each lines. :thumbsup:

kanya_kris
10th March 2006, 07:01 AM
Nice Songs Balaji and Thirumaran..

My favourite Shivaji song is..

Malare, Kurinji Malare,
Thalaivan Sooda nee Malarnthaay,
Pirantha Payanai nee Adainthaay..

hi
10th March 2006, 07:11 AM
One of my fav song...

ponnai virumbum boomiyilae ennai virumbum oaruyirae
pudhaiyal thaedi alayum ulagil idhayam thaedum ennuyirae

(ponnai)

aayiram malaril oru malar neeyae aalayamaniyin innisai neeyae (2)
thaaymai enakkae thandhavar neeyae thanga goapuram poala vandhaayae
pudhiya ulagam pudhiya paasam pudhiya dheepam kondu vandhaayae

(ponnai)

parandhu sellum paravaiyaik kaettaen paadich chellum kaatraiyum kaettaen (2)
alaiyum nenjai avaridam sonnaen azhaiththu vandhaar unnidam ennai
indha manamum indha uravum enrum vaendum ennuyirae

(ponnai)

aala maraththin vizhudhinaip poalae anaiththu neeyum uravu thandhaayae (2)
vaazhaik kanru annaiyin nizhalil vaazhvadhu poalae vaazha vaiththaayae
uruvam irandu uyirgal irandu ullam onrae ennuyirae

(ponnai)

:clap:.. :clap:

joe
10th March 2006, 10:58 AM
Dear all sivaji friends and others,

Pls visit this page for extensive info on Veerapandiya Kattabomman ,with audio clippings of songs and famous dialogues

http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3223

Vaana pozhigiRathu Boomi Vizhagirathu -audio online
http://www.dhool.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl?url=http://www.dhool.com/sotd/vpk/d2.rm

joe
10th March 2006, 11:09 AM
Hear the audio of the dialogue at the end of the movie ,mesmersing nadigar thilagam's voice.

http://www.dhool.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl?url=http://www.dhool.com/sotd/vpk/d7.rm

Shakthiprabha.
10th March 2006, 12:28 PM
nice song anjali

kanya,

malarE kurinji malarE is the MOST MALE CHAUVANISTIC song one can ever hear!!!!!! :evil:

malarE kurinji malarE
thalaivan sooda nee malarnthaay :roll:
pirantha payanai nee adainthaay :roll: :banghead:

yAr madi sumanthu than piRanthAlum
thAi madi maRandhu thalaivanai thEdum
peNNennum piRappallavO

(:evil: :hammer: :hammer: )

kodiyarumbAga sediyinil thOnRi
kOvilil vAzhum dEvanai sErum
malarE nee peNNallavO

(hah! :evil:)

nAyagan nizhalE nAyagi ennum :huh:
kAviyam solli kazhuthinil minnum
magaLE un thirumAngalyam

thAi vazhi sondham Ayiram irundhum
thalaivanin anbil viLaivadhuthAnE (:roll:)
uRavennum sAmrAjjiyam

:|

lyrics written by GREAT-VAALI

hi
10th March 2006, 12:29 PM
Skathi - andhae.. song patha udanae.. i thought u will comment :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
10th March 2006, 12:37 PM
:lol: :wink: :thumbsup: :D

S.Balaji
10th March 2006, 01:38 PM
[tscii:a3338ae724]SAGOTHAREE SHAKTHI PRABHAAVUKKAAAGA INDHA PAADAL :•Kaalingalil aval vasantham

•Kalaigalilay aval oviyam

•Maadhangalil aval maagazee

•Malargalilay aval malligai

•Paravaigalil aval manipuraa

•Paadalgalil aval thaalattu

•Kanigalilay aval maanganee

•Kaatrinilay aval thendral

•Kan pol valarpathil annai

•Aval kavignan aakinaal ennai

How is it !!!

Idhuvum oru nadigar thilagam padathil paadal dhaanay ?? Paava mannippu ….

Anbudan
[/tscii:a3338ae724]

Shakthiprabha.
10th March 2006, 01:49 PM
nice song balaji. thanks. :)

Dign.

Cast gemini. I think ITS NOT PAAVA MANIPPU

ITS

kaathiruntha kangaL :)

I am not fond of PBS. (very nasal voice :D )

/dign

meendum nandri. :D nalla paadalgaL illai endru naan marukkavillaiyE. ippadip patta paadalgaLum irukkindrana enpathai suttik kaattinEn. :)

joe
10th March 2006, 02:08 PM
Sakthi,
'Kaalangalil aval vasantham' song starring gemini ,but it is from 'Paavamannipu'.

hi
10th March 2006, 02:12 PM
Some of my fav.. songs

- Ullathil nalla ullam
- Ponnai Virumbum
- Naan paesa ninaipathalam
- Olimayamana
- Ennai Yarendru
- Malarndhu malaradha
- Enge Nimmadhi
- Nilavai Paarthu Vaanam Sonnathu
- Paattum Naane
- Un kanil neer vazhidhal

more to list.....

S.Balaji
10th March 2006, 02:45 PM
Nilai maarinaal gunam maaruvaar

poi needhiyum nermayum pesuvaar

dhinam jaathiyum bethamum kooruvaar

adhu devan vidhi endru odhuvaaaarr

manidhan maari vitaan

paravayai kandaan ...vimaanam padaithaan

paayum meengalil padaginai kandaan

edhiroli ketaan vaanoli padaithaan

edhanai kandaaaan ??

panam thanai padaithaaann

Another splendid lyrics from Kavignar from PAAVA MANNIPPU

S.Balaji
10th March 2006, 02:47 PM
SP...

Kaalangalil is by Gemini in Paava mannippu

In kaathirundha kangal.... Kaatru vandhaal thalai saayum naanal.... and its PBS with PS ...

Are you able to recollect now pls ?

Shakthiprabha.
10th March 2006, 05:26 PM
balaji.

sorry :oops:
u are right. its 'kaatru vanthaal thalai saayum' from kaathiruntha kangaL.

Since everything starts with 'ka' I got confused :oops:

thx joe :)

rajeshkrv
10th March 2006, 11:57 PM
2 other gr8 songs from kaathirundha kangal

" ODAM NADHIYINILE " by Seerkazhi one of NAUSHAD's Fav

" VAA endradhu uruvam po endradhu naanam paar endradhu paruvam " b'ful solo by PS

Thirumaran
11th March 2006, 12:02 AM
[tscii:3288ad44c3]SAGOTHAREE SHAKTHI PRABHAAVUKKAAAGA INDHA PAADAL :•Kaalingalil aval vasantham

•Kalaigalilay aval oviyam

•Maadhangalil aval maagazee

•Malargalilay aval malligai

•Paravaigalil aval manipuraa

•Paadalgalil aval thaalattu

•Kanigalilay aval maanganee

•Kaatrinilay aval thendral

•Kan pol valarpathil annai

•Aval kavignan aakinaal ennai

How is it !!!

Idhuvum oru nadigar thilagam padathil paadal dhaanay ?? Paava mannippu ….

Anbudan
[/tscii:3288ad44c3]

The two lines missing were..

Paal Poal Siripathil Pillai,
Aval Pani Poal anaipathil Kanni..
Kan Poal Valarpathil Annai..
Aval Kaviganaakinaal Ennai...

Excellent song.

Thirumaran
11th March 2006, 12:06 AM
Nilai maarinaal gunam maaruvaar

poi needhiyum nermayum pesuvaar

dhinam jaathiyum bethamum kooruvaar

adhu devan vidhi endru odhuvaaaarr

manidhan maari vitaan

paravayai kandaan ...vimaanam padaithaan

paayum meengalil padaginai kandaan

edhiroli ketaan vaanoli padaithaan

edhanai kandaaaan ??

panam thanai padaithaaann

Another splendid lyrics from Kavignar from PAAVA MANNIPPU

Wow..

Vantha Naal Muthal intha Naal Varai,

Vaanam Maaravillai..

Vaan mathiyum, neerum, kadal, kaatrum,
Maramum, mannum, Sediyum, Soalayum,
nathiyum Maaravillai..

Manithan Maarivittaan..
Mathathil Yaerivittaan.

Nowadays we rarely get nice lyrics. :(

joe
11th March 2006, 08:55 AM
இன்பமும் காதலும் இயற்கையின் நீதி
ஏற்றதாழ்வுகள் மனிதனின் ஜாதி
பாரில் இயற்கை படைத்ததை எல்லாம்
பாவி மனிதன் பிரித்து வைத்தானே!

joe
11th March 2006, 08:59 AM
Another beautiful lines from 'silar azhuvar' from paava mannipu

கருணை பொங்கும் உள்ளம்
அது கடவுள் வாழும் இல்லம்
கருணை மறந்தே வாழ்கின்றான்
கடவுளைத் தேடி அலைகின்றான்.

S.Balaji
11th March 2006, 12:51 PM
Joe dear....

One more ....from Silar sirippaaar

Varuvadhai enni sirikinren

vandhadhai enni azuginren !!

S.Balaji
11th March 2006, 12:53 PM
From Aalaya mani...

Ponnai virumbum boomiyilay

ennai virumbum or uyiray

pudhayal thedi alayum ulagil

idhayam thedum en uyiray

Vow !! terrific ........

S.Balaji
11th March 2006, 12:56 PM
Vandhadhu theriyum povadhu engay...vaasal nammakay theriyaadhu

vandhavar ellam thangi vitaal indha mannil namakkay idam edhu

vaazkai enbadhu vyabaram adhil jananam enbadhu varavaagumm..... idhil maranam enbadhu selavaagum

Ultimate words :

namakkum melay oruvanadaa

avan naalum therindha thailavanadaa

dhinam naadagam aadum kalaignan adaa

mohanraman
11th March 2006, 11:10 PM
sorry fellow sivaji rasigars,I wasn't on the net for the past few days.In reading through some of the backlog I saw the posts about navarathri....if you see the film again,as the titles roll on..a.p.nagarajan will introduce the movie as depicting the rasas...another nice touch by him as the writer is that those characters with names will have a name describing the rasa portrayed like arputharaj...arputham,dr.karunamuthy..karunai etc.check it out.Joe,dont stop...keep this thread alive as long as there is a www and till Tamil is spoken.....whichever is earlier.

Thirumaran
11th March 2006, 11:20 PM
sorry fellow sivaji rasigars,I wasn't on the net for the past few days.In reading through some of the backlog I saw the posts about navarathri....if you see the film again,as the titles roll on..a.p.nagarajan will introduce the movie as depicting the rasas...another nice touch by him as the writer is that those characters with names will have a name describing the rasa portrayed like arputharaj...arputham,dr.karunamuthy..karunai etc.check it out.Joe,dont stop...keep this thread alive as long as there is a www and till Tamil is spoken.....whichever is earlier.

Definetly Sir..

Shakthiprabha.
11th March 2006, 11:24 PM
hello mr. mohanram,

It is indeed interesting to know THE NAMES OF THOSE CHARACTERS also depicts the rasa.

wow.............

Priyankak
12th March 2006, 01:10 AM

Definetly Sir..

GOod JOP..

joe
13th March 2006, 11:07 AM
Sure Mohanraman sir,We sivaji fans will keep this thread alive.

Shakthiprabha.
13th March 2006, 04:13 PM
my dad spoke to me today morning....

was quoting how ppl change over the time, also the rules..... and JUSTIFY that change is the right way.

nilai maarinaal
gunam maaruvaan
athai vetham vithi endrothuvaan
manithan maarivitaan
mathathil eri vitaan

bingleguy
13th March 2006, 04:22 PM

That was really awesome piece of info ! Thanks Mohanram sir !

IF YOU get a chance to watch the funny episode in the four-decade old film, "Arivali" that had Sivaji Ganesan and Bhanumati in the lead, don't fail to note the latter's reactions to her hero's pranks.

The film was a take-off on Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew", with all the desi masala of the day. The arrogant wife had to be put in place and the hero nags her, only to reform her. How angry should she be? Yet in that scene, Bhanumati, a talented actress herself, can be seen suppressing her laughter and desperately trying to get her reactions right. Such was the effect of Sivaji Ganesan's comic portrayal and his rendition of the "Santhamulekha ... " song.

Raghu
13th March 2006, 07:05 PM
Balaji AnNe,

I will reply 2 ur PM, just a bit busy at work.pls accept my apologies :(

I LOVE these songs purely for IT's PHILOSOPHICAL meanings, can someone pls tell me, if these songs featured in Dr.Shivaji sir's film, if so pls tell me the film name.

1) ParamaSivan Kaluthil irinthu paambe keatathu Garuda Sowkiyama, ...

2) Nallavarkellam Satchihal rendu ondru manasatchi

joe
13th March 2006, 07:38 PM
Balaji AnNe,

I LOVE these songs purely for IT's PHILOSOPHICAL meanings, can someone pls tell me, if these songs featured in Dr.Shivaji sir's film, if so pls tell me the film name.

raghu,
1.Not sivaji movie I think,but Kavinajar kannadasan himself acted for this song,I think

2.Ofcourse sivaji movie 'Thiyagam' ,musiv ny maestro Ilayaraja.

Thirumaran
13th March 2006, 08:29 PM
Balaji AnNe,

raghu,
1.Not sivaji movie I think,but Kavinajar kannadasan himself acted for this song,I think

2.Ofcourse sivaji movie 'Thiyagam' ,musiv ny maestro Ilayaraja.

Raghu,
The first one was from the movie Suryakanthi starring Muthuraman and Jayalaitha. As Joe mentioned Kannadasan itself comes for that song.

"Paramasivan Kazhuthil Irunthu Paambu Kaetathu,
Garuda Saukiyamaa,
Yaarum irukkum idathil irundhu kondaal ellam Sowkiyaae,
Karudan sonnathu,
Athil artham ullathu.."

S.Balaji
13th March 2006, 09:46 PM
Raghu dear....

Paramasivan kazuthi irundhu is for Muthuraman and JJ in the film Suryakanthi and its sang by Kavignar himself on the dias !! ofcourse TMS took the mike

Nallavarkellam saatchigal rendu is for Nadigar thilagam from the movie THyagam and the composer is IR

Thiru
13th March 2006, 10:07 PM
s.balaji sir,
enna sports and TF threads pakkam avvalava kaanalai?? :)

S.Balaji
14th March 2006, 12:37 PM
s.balaji sir,
enna sports and TF threads pakkam avvalava kaanalai?? :)

Thiru dear...

Anil Kumble thread paartheengalaa ? Adhu adiyen dhaan open seidhadhu ...

S.Balaji
15th March 2006, 12:26 PM
[tscii:d0eb6bae17]

YAARAI NAMBI NAAN PORANDHEN….PONGADAA PONGA…..

EN KAALAM VELLUM,, VENDRA PINNAY, VANGADAA VAANGA……..

KULATHILAY…… THANNI ILLAY…..KOKKUM ILLAY…… MEENUM ILLAY

PETTIYILAY….. PANAM ILLAY….. PETHA PULLAY….. SONDHAM ILLAY

In the second charanam….

THENNAYA PETHAA ELANEERU….. PILLAYA PETHAA KANEERU…..

PETRAVAN MANASAY PITHAMMAA… PILLAI MANASAY KALLAMAAA….

PANAYILAY SORIRUNDHA POONAIGALUM SONDHAMADAA……

VEDHANAYAI PANGU VECHAA…… SONDHAMILLAY BANDHAMILLAY….

The above lyrics are being remembered even today for the real punch wordings…….

The Early 70s of Shivaji also witnessed another movie…..ENGA OORU RAJA….. Directed by P.Madhavan

During this period, whatever Shivaji did became commercial hits …..

Theme with a nice moral…….. A rich Zamindar by name Vijayaragunatha Sethupathy …. A man in the 60s , known for his generosity, donates money left and right without any control , grants to poor people …..He also has lots of sentiment attached to his bungalow as all good things have happened in his life in the bungalow and he was emotionally tied to it………. But he fails to appreciate frequent warnings from his wife on his generosity …………one fine morning, realizes that he has nothing left out even for his own survival ! Now, those who were worshipping him earlier deserts him totally and he becomes insolvent …….

But the royal blood in him makes him to take it up as a challenge to stage a come back and restore the lost pride ….decides to move out of the house with his children ….

Before leaving the house, he challenges the guy who took over the bungalow ( which was earlier given as a security ) that one day he will definitely come back and pay the dues with interest and will take back the possession……

He moves to another city ……. lives like an ordinary middle class man…… preserving all the daily savings ….. with a sense of determination and single minded dedication to repay his debts and take possession over his Bungalow…..

Years roll over …. The steely resolve gets more firm but he realizes now that life is not that easy ( earlier he would have lived a royal life ) as each day passes with some element of frustration and irritation as he finds the going very tough……

He reaches a stage wherein even his own kith and kin deserts him and spit fire on him for some silly mistake he makes ( His own relative Nambiar steals his hard earned savings ) ……

Now he feels crestfallen as his son leaves him in despair……… and here comes another thought provoking song …. YAARAI NAMBI NAAN PORANDHEN …….. A very meaningful song….

The old man expresses his frustration for having been let down by his own family members…….

But , by the end of the song, the old determination is back……

NENJAMIRUKKU THUNIVAAGA….. NERAMIRUKKU THELIVAAGA

NINAITHAAL MUDIPPEN THANIYAAGA….. NEEYAA NAANAA PODAAA PO….

AADIYILAY KAATHADICHAA…. AIPASIYIL MAZAI VARUM……

THEDI VARUM KALAM VANDHA…. SELVAMELLAM ODI VARUM……

Nadigar Thilagam, in an old man get up , conveys the emotions of a deserted old man, having been isolated by all his dear relatives at a very crucial moment ……and vents all his anger through the song…..

The major part of the song will be picturised in darkness with Shivaji wandering and roaming back and forth ……..Just observe the body language of the old man !

It’s a black and white movie !

The music once again will be very apt to the situation…. The usage of instruments will be peculiar , new type those days……frequent use of Bangoos and drums……The composer ?? it’s the senior Master, MSV only !

This song was very popular in the early 70s…..for its striking lyrics…..

Nadigar thilagam actually starts the song by challenging his son….. Endaa …… rendu kai irundhaa thaan oru velai nadakkumaa…. ?? Naan nenaichaa oru kaiyaalayay yen kariyathai mudikka mudiyum….. Neenga yaarum enakku thevai illa….. and by yelling this…. He will use just one hand and will create sound by hitting all parts of his body ! a reflection of an angry old man ….. with a deep sense of resolve and determination …..

The son character could have been played by somebody as its insignificant for the theme and the flow of the movie but probably P.Madhavan would have feared the outcome if the entire movie is going reflect Shivaji in old man make up …how the fans would react and this might have made him to use Shivaji himself to play the Junior role and also gave a lovely song ….PARAMESWARI RAJESHWARI JAGADISWARI… BAGESHWARI….NAL VAAKU THARUVAAYADEE…..

JJ pairs with the Junior Shivaji and plays her part well ( she will be part of Nambiar group but will be faithful daughter in law to the Senior and will act as a bridge between the 2 broken relatives )

This is another Shivaji dominated movie…. The focus will be on how the senior Shivaji ( incidentally the son will also be Shivaji but the role was not that significant ) despite all the hurdles , manages to stage a remarkable comeback at the evening of his life …..

The depiction of old man character will be quite fascinating….. Shivaji will walk in a bent manner ….with a big moustache ( was it a clue to Kamal to give the same type in Devar Magan ? )… even the voice modulation will match with that of an old man but the body language will be very clear….. that of an wounded rich Zamindar , with all the old pride intact…all the mannerisms of an old man will be present in him…..

Even after getting back his old Bungalow , the generosity will continue ….as the senior will donate the Bungalow for a charitable purpose ! a touch of melodrama ……

The moral of the story is …… KEEP SOMETHING FOR YOU FIRST BEFORE GIVING IT TO OTHERS…. THANAKKU PINN THAAN DHARMAM….

For Shivaji , MSV and TMS, its another day at office but for the fans , its another special from the unbeatable combination…..

[/tscii:d0eb6bae17]

S.Balaji
15th March 2006, 12:38 PM
[tscii:d34aa703ab]ATHIKAAI KAI KAI…. AAALANGAAI VENNILAVAY……

ITHIKKAI KAAYAADHEY ….. ENNAI POL PENN ALLAVO…. NEE ENNAI POL PEN ALLAVO……

KANNI KAAI PAAVAI KAAI ….KAADHAL KONDAI PAAVAI KAAI….

IRAVUKKAI…URAVUKKAI….ENGUM INDHA EZAI KAAI…. NEEYUM KAAI…NILAVUM KAAI…NERIL NIRKUM IVALAI KAAI….

MADHULANGAAI AAANAALUM….ENNULAM KAI AAAGUMO…..

ENNAI NEE KAAYADHEY…… ENNUYIRUM NEE ALLAVO

Lovely lyrics !! its another Kavignar special in the 60s…… its Nadigar thilagam in BALE PANDIYA …….

And its during the first night and just watch the tantrums from Nadigar thilagam….all fun ! There will be no seriousness at all in this movie !

Shivaji with Devika …..nice and simple picturisation but a very captivating song purely for the lyrics and the melodious music by the duo …

Shivaji himself must have volunteered to do some movie with a lighter vein and what a movie it turned out to be ultimately !

Most of the roles played earlier didn’t have that much comedy element…..

This movie had 2 M.R.Radhas and 3 Shivajis……..

Remember, after Nadigar Thilagam made his debut in Parasakthi, it was not a cake walk for him as already there were galaxy of established stars like Gemini , M.R.Radha, Makkal Thilagam …..also SSR who incidentally made a joint debut in Parasakthi…. The drama plays were still dominating and it was a big challenge for him to establish himself…..

When it comes to displaying your versatility, M.R.Radha was outstanding and it takes a person of Shivaji’s caliber to counter him …….

The veteran late VKR once mentioned that MRR commented him about Shivaji in astonishment…. Enna Ramasaamy…indha Ganesan nammalai ellam thooki saaptuduvaan pola…….engeyo poiduvaan polirukku !!

M.R.Radha was well known for his comic cum villainy charecterisation and this movie was no exception….. One MRR played the role of an eccentric Father in law of Shivaji and another…an opportunitistic Villain……..

While Shivaji plays the characters of a young guy unable to take up challenges in life but has lots of interests to live and wants to enjoy…… The portrayal of the innocent character will be quite absorbing to watch…..

The second Shivaji is a local rowdie…… always with a bedee and lungee ….just watch his mannerism and style and the way he talks…… terrific expression !! The intention of the movie is to provoke laughter and this character was not left out….whatever he does also will be quite enjoyable…..

The third one is an old Doctor…… quite an interesting character….. this man also adds fun to the movie…..with his hands tied backwards and with a bent walking style like that of a very old man…..

The voice modulation will be totally different for the 3 characters …which is the hall mark of his success in life…….that of studying the essence of the character and live like that…..

The two great actors virtually challenged each other in acting…..and its difficult to judge who won the battle finally !

One should see Paava Mannippu where MRR and Shivaji cross swords ….

Devika plays the support cast for Shivaji …. This movie also has Balaji and few others who also will add fun …..

Athikkai song appears immediately after Shivaji and Devika get married and Shivaji’s tantrums during this song will be all fun….

Its another splendid composition from the magnificient duo MSV – TKR…..

Another super hit song….. VAAZA NINAITHAAL VAAZALAAM….VAZIYAA ILLAI BOOMIYIL…..the lyrics are made to make the first Shivaji take everything on a positive note and look forward in life…..

NEEYAY ENAKKU ENDRUM NIGARAANAVAN…. A lovely carnatic based song …..and what a comical expression from both sides !! In my opinion, MRR steals the show here …..

A movie worth watching with family…it’s a full fledged entertainer…..
[/tscii:d34aa703ab]

Shakthiprabha.
15th March 2006, 12:39 PM
:thumbsup:

nilavupriyan
15th March 2006, 01:19 PM
watch navarathiri in KTV now!

Shakthiprabha.
15th March 2006, 02:09 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BYEEEEEEEEE ALL

S.Balaji
15th March 2006, 11:02 PM
[tscii:be70d2015f]My obsession with Nadigar Thilagam continues……

Thiruvilayaadal - acknowledged as a milestone for Shivaji.

Normally when Shivaji and Nadigayar Thilagam Savithri acted together, Savithri used to excel while Shivaji will try to match with her…but in this movie… probably the focus was on Lord Shiva and his various Thiruvilayaadalgal , Parvathi ( Savithri ) had to play low profile….

Nadigar thilagam displayed his full repertoire. Here he played the role of the Lord Almighty , as a Poet , as a Fisherman , an assistant to Arasavai Kavi ( for T.R.Mahalingam ) . Though Navarathiri and Deivamagan allowed him to show variety as multi faceted personalities, he could bring all together in the song.. PAATUM NAANAY… BHAVAMUM NAANAY…

Also, in my opinion, Shivaji comes as an automatic choice for playing the role of a God or as a historical character or as freedom fighters like Kattabomman or Vavusee…

Or for that matter, Shivaji as Barathan in Sampoorna Ramayanam…. I believe respected Shri Chakaravarthy Rajaji , on seeing the movie was stunned by Nadigar Thilagam’s acting exploits, open acknowledged that he saw the true Barathan……

Needless to mention, Shivaji will show the Pride and Gambeeram of a king in Thiruvarutchelvar by walking majestically for the song… Mannavan vandhaanadee ( while in the same movie will also display the humility and simplicity of Thirunavukarasar by playing an elderly role of Appar ) and also for Iravum nilavum valaratumay in Karnan…. And also in Raja raja cholan…..for the song… Thenralodu udan pirandhaal senthamiz pennaal…..
I can never forget Aayiram karangal neeti …. From karnan…another classic example of how a King will look like….

One must also admit, Makkal Thilagam MGR also matched him to some extent while playing the role of a King but the ultimate choice can be Shivaji only…

In thiruvilayaadal, Shivaji portrayed with precision, every character. In the first scene itself, the presence of Shivaji as Lord Shiva will be complete in all aspects. Infact in one scene, Nagesh will comment with awe…. AAHAH DEIVEEGA SIRIPAIYAA UNGALUKKU…. Also, in dialogue delivery and the punch and stress on the syllable, Shivaji is number one…especially when he delivers the dialogue….SORCHUVAI..PORUTCHUVAI..ANAITHUM OOTEE….SUNDARATHAMIZINILAY ( the stress here will be terrific ) PAATISAITHU….. SENDHAMIZ KAVI PAADUM PULAVAN NAAN….

The gunshot answers which he will give to Nagesh with movement of his left and right hand will be a delight to watch…and a lesson to those who aspire to take up acting profession.

The way he dressed up as the Poet in Dharumi episode, and the body language his displayed while arguing with APN in the court scene are all time immemorial….

Coming back to the song, Paatum naanay…..

The song starts with a sleepish Shivaji ( paramasivan in disguise ) casually doing an aalapanai…. ( we forget that TMS was behind the success of Shivaji and MGR )… before TMS taking the lead with extended aalapanai…( I wonder why TMS was not recognized by the Carnatic music world compared to another great Seergazhi Govindarajan )
Word and word, shot by shot, Shivaji will display his expressive face and body language. At one stage, when he reacts to the words…. Kootum isayum…. Kaatum ennidam kadhai solla vandhayo….( with a wry smile ..looking at the direction where Balaiya was staying )
The song will reach its summit when Shivaji sings :

Asayum porulil isayum naanay
Aadal kalayin naayagan naanay
Edhilum iyangum iyakkamum naanay

Ennisai nindral adangum ulagay……. TMS at his best……

There will be a hushed silence …with AP.Nagarajan showing the sea, clouds, Birds ..all other living beings coming to a grinding halt…when Shivaji stops his breath for a second….

Followed by Shivaji…with a wry smile again…. ( stylaaga kannadipaar Paramasivan !!! ) and will resume… by singing…. Naan asaindhaal asayum agilamellamay……
Arivaai manidha un aanavam peridhaa… Its true…we ordinarly mortals cannot withstand Tsunami or an earthquake or a flood….
The next phase , I admit my limitations to describe ( I wish Saradhaji and Ushaji to come up with their version ) as there will be many Shivaji s ….each one displaying his skills like…
one for Mirudhangam,
One for Konnakol
One for Flute
One for Veena
One …the singer……

The way in which the Konnakol Shivaji will adjust his throat to make himself ready to continue the flow of the song…..will be a treat to watch…This shot is a reflection of his perfection……
The way in which Shivaji will respond to other Shivaji to complete his part and to maintain his continuity…… The Singer Shivaji will acknowledge the exploits of Mirudhangam Shivaji …. Each one will be complimenting the other….and its an extraordinary show of variety…in just a song….
Followed by the continuous flow of swarajathi….

AMAZING … AMAZING… .AMAZING……

The camera work, the editing, the music will all synchronize so well in this song…. Full credit to the great A.P.Nagarajan for bringing the best out of Shivaji in just one song…..

TMS finally will end the song in high pitch…..

Just imagine …. There was only one Shivaji actually while he had to imagine the presence of a dozen other characters and play his part for each others as well individually and then the song had to be synchronized…..

NAMAKKU INNORU NADIGAR THILAGAM KIDAIPAARAAA………………

[/tscii:be70d2015f]

hi
16th March 2006, 11:56 AM
Thoongatha Kannondru - anyone has the lyrics? :)

Sanguine Sridhar
16th March 2006, 12:08 PM
Is Dheivamagan a hindhi remake movie?

Raikkonen
16th March 2006, 12:10 PM
i Like Ponamgal Vanthal (what movie?) very much...

Raikkonen
16th March 2006, 12:11 PM
Is Dheivamagan a hindhi remake movie?

I dont think so..
because The movie was one of the first (was it the 1st?) to be selected for Oscar entry..

Sanguine Sridhar
16th March 2006, 12:17 PM
i Like Ponamgal Vanthal (what movie?) very much...
Movie - Selvam

Shakthiprabha.
16th March 2006, 12:32 PM
its sorgam

Shakthiprabha.
16th March 2006, 12:33 PM
anjali... herez what u requested

SONG : thoongaadha kaNNendru ondru
FILM : kungumam
SINGERS : TMS, P.Susheela
MD : K.V.Mahadevan
LYRICS : Kannadasan

thoongaadha kaNNendru ondru
thudikkindra sugamendru ondru
thaangaadha manamendru ondru
thandhaayE nee yennai kaNdu

thandhaayE nee yennai kaNdu

thoongaadha kaNNendru ondru...

mutraadha iravondril naan vaada
mudiyaadha kadhai ondru nee pEsa (mutraadha)
utraarum kaaNaamal uyirondru sErndhaada
uNdaagum suvaiyendru ondru

thoongaadha kaNNendru ondru..

yaar yenna sonnaalum sellaadhu
aNai pOttu thaduththaalum nillaadhu (yaar yenna)
theeraadha viLaiyaattu thirai pOttu viLaiyaadi
naam kaaNum ulagendru ondru...

thoongaadha kaNNendru ondru...

vegu dhooram nee sendru nindraalum
vizhi mattum thaniyaaga vandhaalum (vegu dhooram)
varugindra vizhiyondru tharugindra parisendru
perugindra sugamendru ondru (varugindra)

thandhaayE nee yennai kaNdu...

thoongaadha kaNNendru ondru....

Sanguine Sridhar
16th March 2006, 12:42 PM
its sorgam
Confused becasue of that song :D Thanks KM...

hi
16th March 2006, 12:57 PM
Skathi.. thanx u so much :D.... i love that song.. btw.... is that the movie.. in which shivaji act as a old professor ?