PDA

View Full Version : Roman Script Hindi is coming!

mahavirchavan
23rd February 2005, 01:43 PM
Hi!

The business world, including multinational companies are using Hindi language for promotion of their products. Even in their English advertisements, they are using Hindi language in Roman script. Many English newspapers are also using this Roman Script Hindi as headlines of some hot news.

This is sign of birth of Hindi with Roman script. I think Roman script Hindi will spread all over Asian subcontinent and also in Western countries.

Mahavir Chavan

mandangi
24th February 2005, 07:19 AM
I dont think that it will be good if hindi is written in roman script. Already hindi numbers are being written in roman script. Hindi langauge is part of our culture. Let us not westernise our culture.

HindustaniLadka
24th February 2005, 08:07 AM
Yeah, Mandangi is right. People in India are already being corrupted by various western ideas(Eg. the Aryan/Dravidian thing, valentines day, sleaze films, kissing in public). Hindi being written in Roman Script will only lead to the introduction of more western ideas and it will lead to more Euro-centrism. Indian values are by far superior to Western values.

Surya
24th February 2005, 08:15 AM
People in India are already being corrupted by various western ideas(Eg. the Aryan/Dravidian thing, valentines day, sleaze films, kissing in public).....Indian values are by far superior to Western values.

True! :D Excellent Point!!!! :clap:

mandangi
24th February 2005, 08:56 AM
There is no need to change the script of hindi. Hindi is written in devanagari script. Marathi and Nepali are also written in devanagari script. Hindi is Indian language. Devanagari script was developed by Indians. Indians should only use the script developed by Indians.

Surya
24th February 2005, 09:09 AM
There is no need to change the script of hindi. Hindi is written in devanagari script. Marathi and Nepali are also written in devanagari script. Hindi is Indian language. Devanagari script was developed by Indians. Indians should only use the script developed by Indians.

Another gr8 point! :clap:
My confusion is, what's the goal of changing it to roman???? :? :?

HindustaniLadka
24th February 2005, 09:13 AM
There is no point.

mandangi
24th February 2005, 10:37 AM
My confusion is, what's the goal of changing it to roman???? :? :?
There are many people who mix english words in their language. They also want to westernise the script of their language.

HindustaniLadka
24th February 2005, 11:14 AM
They are definetly bewakhoofs. Eastern scripts and langauges are superior to western languages. A common misconception in India these days is taht the west is better than the east. This is completely false. Western society lacks moral and social values and it is ussually biased towards white Europeans. This euro-centrism in India seems to be a spreading problem. It is spreading because the government is doing nothing to prevent it and the head of the governing party is European. Indians can dye their hair blonde and claim taht they are Europeans, but they will never be treated like white Europeans no matter what country they are in.

mahavirchavan
24th February 2005, 01:54 PM
You should note following points:

1. Devnagari is not the original script of any Indian languages. In ancient India most of the Indian languages (Even Sanskrit too) were written in Bramhi, Kharosti and Tamil scripts. You will never find any old inscription in Devnagari.

2. Devnagari script has many drawbacks and minus points. That is why in modern word of information technology, Devnagari is nowhere. Actually Devnagari is a problem for spread of written Hindi and if we use Roman script for Hindi, we can communicate with Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangla Desh and worldwide in Hindi easily.

3. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose had successfully used Roman Script for Hindi, in his Indian National Army. Indian Army also uses Roman Script for Hindi language on large scale.

4. On international level this script is being used for Hindi in many countries. (Like Fiji, Mauritius, Surinam, UK, USA, Australia etc.)

5. Script is body while Language is the soul. So by changing the script we are changing the body, not the soul.

Mahavir Chavan

mandangi
24th February 2005, 07:28 PM
You should note following points:

1. Devnagari is not the original script of any Indian languages. In ancient India most of the Indian languages (Even Sanskrit too) were written in Bramhi, Kharosti and Tamil scripts. You will never find any old inscription in Devnagari. People who dont know devanagari script might have used other scripts for sanskrit. Now also in Andhra Pradesh some people use telugu script for sanskrit.
Indian languages should not be westernised by changing into western scripts.

HindustaniLadka
25th February 2005, 11:34 AM
Doesn't Roman Script Hindi already exist in msot parts of the western world anyway. I use it all the time when i want to type something in Hindi. I think Roman Script Hindi will be very useful on computers, but i don't think it should be made into our national language regardless of the issues with the Devanagari script.

sundararaj
31st December 2006, 03:28 PM
Ever heard of "Hinglish" spoken in major cities of North India?