PDA

View Full Version : Tintin Fans Out There?

coltsith
16th February 2005, 11:41 PM
Hello all,
Curious to know it anyone here is a fan of Tintin. Just finished a tribute to Herge (author/illustrator) comic here.

http://conlanrios.com/wendigo.html

All feedback is greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Badri
17th February 2005, 04:28 AM
I have read I guess all the Tintin comics that are out (except maybe the Land of the Soviets, one) many many times, so I guess I am somewhat of a fan! Good show with the Wendigo thing..although I see many parallels with the Seven Crystal Balls...the characters seem to have become a lot thinner since Herge's time!! At least, you got the colour scheme well...and some of the frames really look good - you have been able to faithfully reproduce the features of Tintin.

And good going with the Captain finding the snails, getting drenched and falling down, as usual all in a days work, for him. One thing you missed out is Snowy having his talks that no one else understands! Maybe you want to have some of that in Down Under (which is incidentally where I am posting this from!)

Let's keep the spirit of Herge alive.

And once again, good show, mate!

coltsith
17th February 2005, 04:35 AM
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Towards the end I realized Snowy was in hardly any frames so I'll try and get him in Down Under. One question I do have for you and/or potential future readers is if the font was decent? I'm on the border of hand writing or typing and not sure... :D

Badri
17th February 2005, 04:38 AM
The font was readable...if that is what you are looking at...but I wouldnt necessarily give away any awards to it...get what I'm saying?

Surya
17th February 2005, 07:02 AM
Cool! U got some feedback! :D
I think it's great too. Can't wait for u to finish!!!! :D

Surya
20th February 2005, 02:27 AM
Hurry up and post the Rest of the Windigo!!!! :D