View Full Version : West Indies Tour For Sachin Retirement

19thmay
17th October 2013, 12:02 PM
Thread opened for obvious reasons

Kolkatta - First test - 06th Nov - 10th Nov
Mumbai - Farewell test - 14th Nov - 18th Nov

Russellfws
17th October 2013, 12:10 PM
I didnt like sachin requesting for Mumbai for farewell test.
Why he will not play in any other part of country?

VinodKumar's
17th October 2013, 12:21 PM
Thread title :lol:.

Veetula,sonthakaarangala lam vara sollamnu thaan. Enga vacha enna ?

Russellfws
17th October 2013, 01:11 PM
Sontha karanga travel panna maatangala??
Towards end, i feel he prefers too much mumbai rather than India

VinodKumar's
17th October 2013, 01:20 PM
I dont think so. It may look like that for you because he would have played more matches for Mumbai Indians than for Team India.

I also don't like BCCI favouring interest of a team member in location of match. but athula thappu irukara maariyum therla. It will be good if Dravid and Ganguly comes to Mumbai for Sachin's farewell :).

19thmay
17th October 2013, 01:26 PM
I didnt like sachin requesting for Mumbai for farewell test.

Because we are more state/language fanatics ... Can he live in Mumbai peacefully after playing his farewell test say at Erode?

Ivar enna pannaalum thappupa!

Russellfws
17th October 2013, 01:32 PM
Na thapunu sollala. But original scheduled place valayandu irukalamnu soldraen.
I am a big fan of sachin, athaan ipadilaam yosika thonuthu.

Russellfws
17th October 2013, 01:33 PM
I dont think so. It may look like that for you because he would have played more matches for Mumbai Indians than for Team India.

I also don't like BCCI favouring interest of a team member in location of match. but athula thappu irukara maariyum therla. It will be good if Dravid and Ganguly comes to Mumbai for Sachin's farewell :).

I dont like ganguly, but dravid varanum , varuvaar :)

19thmay
17th October 2013, 01:39 PM

This thideer series is cooked for Sachin

CEDYBLUE
17th October 2013, 03:00 PM
Nowadays everything is debatable and will be debated.
Sachin prefers Mumbai to India, lately? Why do you sound like Bal Thackeray?
As Sridhar has pointed out, this series was formed in the first place to become a farewell series to Sachin and there is no wrong in desiring to play in your final test in front of your home ground.
Personally, i would have liked a 4-match test series @ Chennai, Kolkatta, Delhi and Mumbai as a farewell for Sachin. Would have been great :)

VinodKumar's
17th October 2013, 03:18 PM
Enakku Ganguly pudikum pudikaathunu-lam illa moonu perum iruntha nallarukumae nu thonuchu. Kumble lachu add pannikalam.

I never had a chance to aruge against him ... for him nadanthuruku antha kaalathula Sachin fans kooda sanda poda lol.

Arvind Srinivasan
18th October 2013, 05:58 AM

The originally scheduled place was Durban and that too not against the West Indies, but the South Africans. Honestly arranging the whole series for just Sachin is just plain wrong. I would go one further up by saying that Sachin should have retired at the start of the season probably after the England series. Whats the point in playing the whole season and retiring just at the time when all the important overseas commitments are coming up? A younger player could have settled down and could have at least prepared himself for the upcoming series. The angst that I will not be able to see my favourite cricketer on telly anymore has also rubbed in on my post. But I seriously wished for him to go to South Africa.

Russellfws
18th October 2013, 12:38 PM
The originally scheduled place was Durban and that too not against the West Indies, but the South Africans. Honestly arranging the whole series for just Sachin is just plain wrong. I would go one further up by saying that Sachin should have retired at the start of the season probably after the England series. Whats the point in playing the whole season and retiring just at the time when all the important overseas commitments are coming up? A younger player could have settled down and could have at least prepared himself for the upcoming series. The angst that I will not be able to see my favourite cricketer on telly anymore has also rubbed in on my post. But I seriously wished for him to go to South Africa.
Yes, retiring in South Africa would have been better with a series win in overseas.
With your points above, same made me to think he lately prefers Mumbai than India

Arvind Srinivasan
18th October 2013, 05:14 PM
^ Lokee..I would have been unhappy even if Sachin chose to retire at any other place in India. Th timing of his retirement, the way in which an important series (which should have been ideal for a champ like him) is getting compromised for it is what has made me disappointed.

uruzalari
18th October 2013, 06:40 PM
^ Lokee..I would have been unhappy even if Sachin chose to retire at any other place in India. Th timing of his retirement, the way in which an important series (which should have been ideal for a champ like him) is getting compromised for it is what has made me disappointed.

Are you sure that the SA series is getting compromised because of this? I thought that there some other issues between the two boards (BCCI and CSA) that resulted in this development.

venkkiram
18th October 2013, 07:31 PM
Am also not in favor of Mumbai being the farewell venue for Sachin. Remember these morons only booed him. Anyway with the IPL association, Sachin becomes more a Mumbai identity. Dravid and Ganguly were played beyond their Bangaloru, Kolkatta territory where as Sachin settled peacefully with Mumbai.

uruzalari
18th October 2013, 07:47 PM
Mumbai la vecha people will say he is partial to his hometown........ Keep it elsewhere they will be ready to say that he has forgotten his roots ........

VinodKumar's
18th October 2013, 08:43 PM
Am also not in favor of Mumbai being the farewell venue for Sachin. Remember these morons only booed him. Anyway with the IPL association, Sachin becomes more a Mumbai identity. Dravid and Ganguly were played beyond their Bangaloru, Kolkatta territory where as Sachin settled peacefully with Mumbai.

Funny. Don't you know Dravid and Ganguly were thrown out by Bengaloru and Kolkatta ? They were made to play beyond their territory.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th October 2013, 09:41 PM
Mumbai la vecha people will say he is partial to his hometown........ Keep it elsewhere they will be ready to say that he has forgotten his roots ........

:lol:

Dilbert
19th October 2013, 01:06 AM
Not sure why so much fuzz for this guy , who should have retired atleast 5 years ago when he had his multiple surgeries and following bad patch. And should have joined Indian team as Batting coach (if he was serious about helping India's cricketing future).I am happy finally he is gone from International cricket, rate at which BCCI was entertaining him thought he will be opening for India with Dhoni's Grandson. Knowing him will see where he will land now.

venkkiram
19th October 2013, 12:11 PM
Not sure why so much fuzz for this guy , who should have retired atleast 5 years ago when he had his multiple surgeries and following bad patch. And should have joined Indian team as Batting coach (if he was serious about helping India's cricketing future).I am happy finally he is gone from International cricket, rate at which BCCI was entertaining him thought he will be opening for India with Dhoni's Grandson. Knowing him will see where he will land now.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Dilbert! Only you possible!

Dilbert
21st October 2013, 12:55 AM
Meanwhile, SRK expressed disappointment over the retirement of master blaster Sachin Tendulkar.

"When I heard about it I was in Australia...I learnt about it a little late...I felt bad. He has taken the decision as he understands sports better. He did a lot for cricket. He should take rest, relax and enjoy with family," SRK said.

http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-with-abram-everyday-is-a-festival-434603?ndtv_rhs

What did Baba Sachindananda did for cricket?

Dinesh84
21st October 2013, 03:39 PM
Differ from the common opinion and think that you are an intellectual :mrgreen:

ajaybaskar
21st October 2013, 05:12 PM
If WC win 83 promoted cricket in India, it was Sachin's arrival which made Indian youngsters think of cricket as a career.

Dilbert
21st October 2013, 07:07 PM
Differ from the common opinion and think that you are an intellectual :mrgreen:

I am not Dinesh . Infact i am challenged when it comes to intellectual conversation , Hub people are so bright it blinds my eyes sometime.

1) He did Zero contribution to the Game itself. He played the game very well , so did 1000 others with lesser opportunities.

2) The only reason he remained in lime light (atleast for his first 5-8 years) is because , game transitioned from few ODIs in an year to few hundreds it happened during a period where a large number of veterans were bowing out (mentally not ready for the new age challenge) Kid who got nothing to loose out shined them.

3) And of course Mark Mascarenhas magic of transforming mr. 10dulkar in to first poster boy with multi-million contracts and rest is ONLY HIS-STORY.

Indian Youngsters were never in to cricket , they always liked to play baseball . And Babaji Sachin-danandan changed it all.

Dilbert
22nd October 2013, 12:06 AM
:bow: A legend's 23 year old career and contribution summarized in 3 points. Nothing much to say.

Cedyboy No one is summarizing anything ! I just pointed out few facts, Never said it was a conclusive one. One should also utilize the opportunities given to them (which he did). We are passionate / proud about a player , who was able to perform for a long period of time at a very high standards definitely not a bad thing. Anyone who played first class or club cricket in those days will tell you that let alone a 16 year old playing for India , it was a tough task to even qualify for playing under 16 for your state / club. If someone hand picked him and Mr.Sunny bhai vouched for his ability, he was special.

Legend :sigh2: ok 23 years of his life scarified for a game , which built him sure we can call him that. There were several great players , who went without a trace mainly due to lack of mass media in India those days. Its very easy for us today to drop superlatives before names because we get to SEE them play. I am glad his fans didn't claim that Cricket started making money purely because BABAji was playing !

Dilbert
22nd October 2013, 12:46 AM
How can something which is non-conclusive be considered a fact?
Anyways, enough has been said and written about Sachin Tendulkar that it feels pointless to start a discussion. Take Care.

Yo I meant I didn't quote all points ! (NOT A CONCLUSIVE LIST OF POINTS)

Dilbert
22nd October 2013, 12:51 AM
Its time review who will be our moderator too I suppose ! ;)

SoftSword
22nd October 2013, 04:34 PM
lol... people talking as if sachin wanted to play against west indies and he demanded for a test in mumbai...
he kep himself available only to play the SA series, and this cancelling the SA series and arranging a WI series in india is mainly cos of the bcci wanted to make more money utilising his retirement and to rub salt on CSA who does not obey them...

i thot this was obvious..

Dilbert
22nd October 2013, 06:34 PM
lol... people talking as if sachin wanted to play against west indies and he demanded for a test in mumbai...
he kep himself available only to play the SA series, and this cancelling the SA series and arranging a WI series in india is mainly cos of the bcci wanted to make more money utilising his retirement and to rub salt on CSA who does not obey them...

i thot this was obvious..

exactly he is going to score about 30 runs in each innings and May be a century (if any gas left in tank) on his last innings. And bollywood drama will follow kissing pitch , kissing helmet , kissing bat, some tears and some hugs. For this who cares which team he plays against !

19thmay
22nd October 2013, 10:34 PM
Cedy, SS - Please help me to keep this thread clean. We all know why this thread has been started and I did not expect that you guys are actually spoiling this thread.

Arvind Srinivasan
23rd October 2013, 08:25 AM
Well lets just hope the champ signs off in a great way in Mumbai.A part of me still feels he should be a part of the team that goes to SA ( the tour is confirmed btw). But anyways he's decided and I guess one should respect that.

CEDYBLUE
23rd October 2013, 11:05 AM
Cedy, SS - Please help me to keep this thread clean. We all know why this thread has been started and I did not expect that you guys are actually spoiling this thread.

Sridhar, perfectly understand and damage limited :)
Let's focus on relishing the very little of Sachin that is left for us on a Cricket field. :)

Dilbert
23rd October 2013, 04:07 PM
ellarum ujalaukku maritangea !!:rotfl:

SoftSword
23rd October 2013, 04:39 PM

yov naan ennayya sollitaen? :)

19thmay
24th October 2013, 10:42 AM
Just want to keep you guys away from provocative devar magan panjayathu Nasser :lol2:

Arvind Srinivasan
24th October 2013, 11:07 AM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1235459_547424898665229_2114946911_n.jpg

Dilbert
24th October 2013, 08:18 PM
Just want to keep you guys away from provocative devar magan panjayathu Nasser :lol2:

Yaaru athu.. 19thmay Kamal ?

Dilbert
25th October 2013, 06:45 PM
http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/news/216073-force-india-pay-unique-tribute-to-sachin-tendulkar?pform=showcase

http://sports.ndtv.com/images/stories/force-india-masterblaster1-640.jpg

uruzalari
27th October 2013, 10:31 AM
His last Ranji match is on in Star Sports now...... But currently Haryana is batting

uruzalari
29th October 2013, 11:59 PM
Tendulkar's unbeaten 55 keeps Mumbai on course for win over Haryana

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/ranji-trophy-tendulkars-unbeaten-55-keeps-mumbai-on-course-for-win-over-haryana/20131029.htm

CEDYBLUE
30th October 2013, 11:01 AM
The legend caps off his Ranji career with a match-winning fourth innings 79* against Haryana. Started his Ranji career with a century and ends it after 25 years with a match-winning innings.

The very thought that we will not have Sachin to lean back to....after the West Indies tour is kinda depressing.

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 08:50 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/4r5eh1.png

Dilbert
31st October 2013, 08:53 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2qjeous.png

Dilbert
5th November 2013, 08:18 PM
Final squad

MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), Shikhar Dhawan, M Vijay another waste fellow why no Sanju boy!, Cheteshwar Pujara, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Pragyan Ojha, Amit Mishra, Ajinkya Rahane, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma :sigh2:.

No Zack??

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
6th November 2013, 07:59 AM
Final squad

MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), Shikhar Dhawan, M Vijay another waste fellow why no Sanju boy!, Cheteshwar Pujara, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Pragyan Ojha, Amit Mishra, Ajinkya Rahane, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma :sigh2:.

No Zack??

Regarding Zaheer I read in Cricinfo that the selectors are planning to take him directly for the South African series and now give him more time in first class matches in India.

Dinesh84
6th November 2013, 01:22 PM
Chanders at it again :???:

uruzalari
6th November 2013, 01:45 PM
A wicket with his 4th ball ....46th in tests :)

VinodKumar's
6th November 2013, 07:03 PM
Whoa Sachin got a wicket :clap:. Hope he gets more overs and thereby one/two wickets in this series. I like his celebration for wicket than for century.

uruzalari
6th November 2013, 07:25 PM
Whoa Sachin got a wicket :clap:. Hope he gets more overs and thereby one/two wickets in this series. I like his celebration for wicket than for century.

Might be asking for too much ...... But 50 wkts would make it so much to celebrate

Arvind Srinivasan
6th November 2013, 07:36 PM
50 wickets is a distant dream I guess. It was also his 200th wicket in international cricket. Thought he would be stuck with 199.

uruzalari
6th November 2013, 08:35 PM
50 wickets is a distant dream I guess. It was also his 200th wicket in international cricket. Thought he would be stuck with 199.

Oh great :) .... Did not realize that

Arvind Srinivasan
6th November 2013, 09:24 PM
Well it seems he's got 201 wickets overall counting tests, ODIs and t20s. Remember him getting Justin Kemp in the sole t20 international he played. But yes counting just tests and ODIs, its 200.

19thmay
7th November 2013, 09:31 AM
:clap: Wicket is a bonus and the last test wicket in 2011 (in which he scored his last 100).

19thmay
7th November 2013, 09:46 AM
He is in....India 58/2

littlemaster1982
7th November 2013, 09:55 AM
Damn office :curse:

littlemaster1982
7th November 2013, 10:18 AM
Eden Gardens is filling in fast. As soon as Shikar Dhawan got out early morning, the fans started pouring in. So when Vijay got out, and even before he could start his walk back dejected, the half-full Eden Gardens stood up and roared in unison, "Saacchiinn". The chant did not finish till Tendulkar had taken guard, and when he hit the first of his two fours against Shillingford, the whole of Kolkata would have known who was batting.

No matter how many stars we produce, no one can match this man's fan following 8-)

littlemaster1982
7th November 2013, 10:21 AM
:( :(

venkkiram
7th November 2013, 10:38 AM
Ten dulkar!

uruzalari
7th November 2013, 10:45 AM
Going well over the stumps....tough luck :-(

Dilbert
7th November 2013, 11:21 AM
Ten dulkar!

10 runs - 3 more innings to go, Kapthan Thony bhai to rescue with NoHit Sharma !

Dilbert
8th November 2013, 03:00 AM
Step by Step Guide for Chilly boys !

How to act like a grown up in a forum!

Step 1 : Don't take everything personal and cry to sleep.

Step 2 : When you are in a forum , not necessarily everyone will agree with you believing in Unicorns and Santa Claus

Step 3 : Its ok to come out of closet , instead of running away in the name of avoiding conversations.

Step 4 : Sometime , its ok not to agree on what you are hearing.

Step 5 : Most important one , don't expect everyone in a forum will automatically join your jalra gang !

:rotfl:

viDolebot
8th November 2013, 03:51 PM
Innings defeat . Well done shami, Rohit and ashwin :clap:

viDolebot
8th November 2013, 03:55 PM
Going well over the stumps....tough luck :-(

70th time he is out of bad decision. Few in 90's too. Never he gave bad look towards umpire.
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. True Legend :notworthy:

Russellyhd
12th November 2013, 08:49 PM
ESPNcricinfo ‏@ESPNcricinfo 14m
ODI squad for #IndvWI: Dhoni, Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli, Yuvraj, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin, Bhuv, Shami, Rayudu, Mishra, Unadkat, D Kulkarni, Mohit

venkkiram
13th November 2013, 12:21 AM
Only because he is Tendulkar, he's been given a run for three years than nobody else would have got: Ganguly to NDTV

adRaa sakka! adRaa sakka!

littlemaster1982
13th November 2013, 05:43 AM
Yaaru edhai solradhunnu vevasthai illama pochu :banghead:

Dilbert
13th November 2013, 05:57 AM
Yaaru edhai solradhunnu vevasthai illama pochu :banghead:

:rotfl: Highly insulting remarks. Whats wrong with these guys they couldn't keep it together for 2 more weeks? I agree with you LM.

Dilbert
13th November 2013, 06:15 AM
http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/videos/what-next-for-sachin-lara-ganguly-discuss-his-prospects-297723-video?pfrom=home-lateststories

Naughty boy Roy, Name tendulkar mentioned less then 10 times in first 30 mins ~j~

JamesDap
13th November 2013, 06:56 AM
As a former captain and a good Test batsman, Sourav Ganguly is very much entitled to express his opinion on that subject.

Dilbert
13th November 2013, 07:45 AM
India will never produce another Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara tells NDTV

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/sachin/news/216883-india-will-never-produce-another-sachin-tendulkar-brian-lara-tells-ndtv?pform=showcase

I hope he is wrong !

littlemaster1982
13th November 2013, 09:41 AM
As a former captain and a good Test batsman, Sourav Ganguly is very much entitled to express his opinion on that subject.

Anyone else could have said this, except for Ganguly, who played all kind of politics to stick to captaincy and getting back into team after Chappell fiasco. At least in Sachin's case, it was the board that gave him the right to go out on his own.

Dilbert
13th November 2013, 10:22 AM
Anyone else could have said this, except for Ganguly, who played all kind of politics to stick to captaincy and getting back into team after Chappell fiasco. At least in Sachin's case, it was the board that gave him the right to go out on his own.

Whom do you have in mind?

littlemaster1982
13th November 2013, 10:40 AM
No one in particular. People have been saying this for quite some time. But when a long time team mate and his batting partner saying such things on the eve of his retirement irks me to no end. Especially when it is Ganguly who has never shied of playing politics and backdoor tactics to stay in the team.

Dilbert
13th November 2013, 11:49 AM
No one in particular. People have been saying this for quite some time. But when a long time team mate and his batting partner saying such things on the eve of his retirement irks me to no end. Especially when it is Ganguly who has never shied of playing politics and backdoor tactics to stay in the team.

Ok understandable, And you are rite. We need to see how many more will come forward with Sachin's tales once he is retired. 10 more days.

littlemaster1982
13th November 2013, 12:02 PM
We need to see how many more will come forward with Sachin's tales once he is retired. 10 more days.

You wish 8-)

JamesDap
13th November 2013, 07:36 PM

By that logic, Gavaskar who shamelessly blocked Kapil Dev and Azhar from records out of jealousy should not be allowed to write his nth article praising Sachin to the skies either. Nor should Harsha Bhogle who describes himself as "writes on IPL and other cricket" write about Sachin's Test achievements. These are just opinions and expressing them should not be dependent on perceptions of the person's character.

littlemaster1982
13th November 2013, 08:02 PM
I can't get the connection. In any case, I don't care what Gavaskar or Harsha writes about Sachin. Sachin's records and game speak for themselves. Ganguly really doesn't have any business talking like this. Not when Sachin is hanging up his boots after 24 years of serving Indian Cricket. As simple as that.

JamesDap
13th November 2013, 08:20 PM
Er, you may not care but you have never raised objections on the ground of character defects either.

No, I am sorry, as a free citizen of the country he has the right to express his opinion. It is his prerogative whether he wants to be gracious or not and he should be given the right to be impertinent if that is what he wishes. If you don't like what you said, you can also criticise his opinion in turn. However, saying he has no business to merely express himself is neither here nor there.

littlemaster1982
13th November 2013, 09:35 PM
Why should I raise objection about Harsha or Gavaskar says about Sachin? I stated my opinion that Ganguly should never have said what he said about Sachin. He is free to talk whatever he wants and I'm saying he crossed a line in this matter. You are welcome to think otherwise.

venkkiram
13th November 2013, 09:37 PM
However, saying he has no business to merely express himself is neither here nor there. Exactly.

JamesDap
13th November 2013, 09:50 PM
Why should I raise objection about Harsha or Gavaskar says about Sachin? I stated my opinion that Ganguly should never have said what he said about Sachin. He is free to talk whatever he wants and I'm saying he crossed a line in this matter. You are welcome to think otherwise.

I didn't know that saying somebody has no business to say something is an opinion. I don't think if you said it directly to Ganguly in second person, as in "YOU have no business to talk about it", he would think you are merely opining. You have not given any opinion about his comment at all, as to whether it is justified or not, you have simply questioned his credentials to comment, which is the easiest thing to do. And to which I say, why don't you also question the credentials of what people with similar 'issues' like Gavaskar say? Why, just because they say something nice, it's perfectly fine if they do irrespective of how he treated Kapil or Azhar? That's just double standards.

littlemaster1982
13th November 2013, 10:16 PM
I didn't know that saying somebody has no business to say something is an opinion. I don't think if you said it directly to Ganguly in second person, as in "YOU have no business to talk about it", he would think you are merely opining. You have not given any opinion about his comment at all, as to whether it is justified or not, you have simply questioned his credentials to comment, which is the easiest thing to do.

Irrespective of what you or Ganguly think, it is *my opinion* that Ganguly has no business to talk about it.

And to which I say, why don't you also question the credentials of what people with similar 'issues' like Gavaskar say? Why, just because they say something nice, it's perfectly fine if they do irrespective of how he treated Kapil or Azhar? That's just double standards.

I haven't endorsed or refuted anything Gavaskar said about Sachin, because it doesn't really mean anything to me. But when Ganguly says Sachin was not dropped just because he was Sachin, I have a bone to pick. I have stated two reasons for it - one doesn't say things like this about a long time batting partner/team mate, esp on the eve of his retirement & Ganguly's history wrt his selection fiasco during 2005-07.

I don't think I can put this any better anymore.

uruzalari
13th November 2013, 10:19 PM
Opinions differ...... The problem is with the timing of the opinion ....

venkkiram
13th November 2013, 10:38 PM
Irrespective of what you or Ganguly think, it is *my opinion* that Ganguly has no business to talk about it. இந்திய கிரிக்கட் வரலாற்றில் பல மாற்றங்களை கொண்டு வந்த முன்னோடிகளில் கங்குலி முக்கியமானவர். கங்குலியை அப்படி ரொம்ப சாதாரணமா உதறிவிட முடியாது.

littlemaster1982
13th November 2013, 11:27 PM
இந்திய கிரிக்கட் வரலாற்றில் பல மாற்றங்களை கொண்டு வந்த முன்னோடிகளில் கங்குலி முக்கியமானவர். கங்குலியை அப்படி ரொம்ப சாதாரணமா உதறிவிட முடியாது.

This is debatable and needs a separate thread. May be some other time :)

Dilbert
14th November 2013, 12:37 AM
Opinions differ...... The problem is with the timing of the opinion ....

well anyone would have cared , if he made these remarks 10 years from now? I was just playing along with LM so that ,he doesn't feel like other boys here. Its emotional for him to see his idol,finally accepting his age caught up to him. Lets cut him some slack, he is a very sensitive soul (good one too).

Lets do something more constructive in this thread for next 8 days..starts some predictions related to match.

Tendulkar saar will score not more than 40- 50 runs in the first innings Second inning may be a century to finish off?

or again an innings defeat in store?

venkkiram
14th November 2013, 02:25 AM
Its been 22 matches since Sachin scored a century. Will that happen in his last match? Looking forward!

Dilbert
14th November 2013, 02:34 AM
Its been 22 matches since Sachin scored a century. Will that happen in his last match? Looking forward!

Very much possible, including Sudhir Naik is saying he won't be swayed by Tendulkar emotions ! ;). Vada pav @ work behind the scenes may be? Hope stars align, and his fans gets to feast 1 last time. It is unthinkable how a person will feel getting up next day morning without a profession he was engaged in for almost 25 years Scary thought.

Hope he gets it for his ac sake !

//dig// btw Venki, Atlanta - T-rex shot was good -lah//end dig//

JamesDap
14th November 2013, 06:20 AM
Irrespective of what you or Ganguly think, it is *my opinion* that Ganguly has no business to talk about it.

And THAT is not an opinion in English language usage. You cannot have an opinion on whether somebody can say something or not because he has an unconditional right to do so which doesn't depend on your views.

I haven't endorsed or refuted anything Gavaskar said about Sachin, because it doesn't really mean anything to me. But when Ganguly says Sachin was not dropped just because he was Sachin, I have a bone to pick. I have stated two reasons for it - one doesn't say things like this about a long time batting partner/team mate, esp on the eve of his retirement & Ganguly's history wrt his selection fiasco during 2005-07.

I don't think I can put this any better anymore.

Fair enough, so you can simply say Ganguly's remarks are in bad taste and badly timed. I believe that is what you are trying to say but to say instead that he has no business to even express that opinion is ridiculous.

venkkiram
14th November 2013, 07:19 AM
//dig// btw Venki, Atlanta - T-rex shot was good -lah//end dig// Thanks na!

venkkiram
14th November 2013, 07:38 AM
நான் சச்சின் இடத்திலிருந்தால் கடைசி டெஸ்ட் போட்டி பாகிஸ்தானுடந்தான். அப்போதுதான் எனது கிரிக்கட் வாழ்க்கைக்கு ஒரு முடிவு! எதிலிருந்து ஆரம்பித்தேனோ அதிலேயே ஐக்கியம்! இதை எழுதும் போதே தொண்டையெல்லாம் அடைக்குது!

Dilbert
14th November 2013, 10:16 AM
omelette shastri @ Amir khan He played lot of cricket for Lagaan ! :rotfl: This guy is a serious cricket commentator!

Dilbert
14th November 2013, 10:18 AM
நான் சச்சின் இடத்திலிருந்தால் கடைசி டெஸ்ட் போட்டி பாகிஸ்தானுடந்தான். அப்போதுதான் எனது கிரிக்கட் வாழ்க்கைக்கு ஒரு முடிவு! எதிலிருந்து ஆரம்பித்தேனோ அதிலேயே ஐக்கியம்! இதை எழுதும் போதே தொண்டையெல்லாம் அடைக்குது!

english english sir !

Dinesh84
14th November 2013, 10:45 AM
ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾಗದ

Dilbert
14th November 2013, 11:29 AM
ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾಗದ

ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾಗದ what? not possible for eating tirupathi laddu?

Dilbert
14th November 2013, 12:08 PM
Sky sports " Sachin never played complicated cricket. It was always simple, executed to perfection" :clap:

Its nice to see Brits praising an Indian Batsman !

Russellffj
14th November 2013, 12:58 PM

Watched sachin sachin program in star sports. Ganguly was there praising sachin but always made sure to say his records and he was better than sachin in few series.
intha payala adichu thorathunathula thapae ila.

One info from program. 1992 test in perth sachin scored century using his bat it seems as sachin wanted light weight bat to play bouncy deliveries

otedoric
14th November 2013, 02:19 PM
Watched sachin sachin program in star sports. Ganguly was there praising sachin but always made sure to say his records and he was better than sachin in few series.
intha payala adichu thorathunathula thapae ila.

One info from program. 1992 test in perth sachin scored century using his bat it seems as sachin wanted light weight bat to play bouncy deliveries

Yup, Ganguly's remarks and comments were too harsh and in bad taste. He does not have the moral to accept Tendulkar's Greatness
Without Tendulkar there is no cricket, as Only Sub-Continent countries are interested in Cricket and it is not a global sport...
And it was only SACHIN TENDULKAR who made the entire nation to watch a match whole day and there by making the BCCI richest board among Cricket playing nations...

A complete generation has grown along with him...
Its a very emotional one for all those [who watched cricket] from his generation....

Thank you SACHIN For all the gr8 memories..
Wish you all the very best for your future

PS : I am BIG Saurav Ganguly Fan since when he became Indian Captain after the match fixing fiasco and taking over from Azharuddin
Used to fight with friends lonely for Saurav Ganguly over Sachin Tendulkar , those times

otedoric
14th November 2013, 02:27 PM
And Rahul Dravid spoke so high abt tendulkar as always and the sacrifice he has made these 30 years for the game...
And DRAVID was a big asset for the team under GANGULY's captaincy to whatever India achieved overseas in his reign...

otedoric
14th November 2013, 03:35 PM
Shillingford to Vijay, OUT, the crowd erupts in Wankhede, surely the biggest cheer ever for an Indian wicket at an Indian ground

Russellffj
14th November 2013, 03:46 PM
Thalaivar entry...................... :happydance:
Wat an atmosphere :notworthy:

Russellffj
14th November 2013, 03:53 PM
And Rahul Dravid spoke so high abt tendulkar as always and the sacrifice he has made these 30 years for the game...
And DRAVID was a big asset for the team under GANGULY's captaincy to whatever India achieved overseas in his reign...

Sometimes I feel dravid deserves the farewell sachin is getting now :(

19thmay
14th November 2013, 04:13 PM
Only because he is Tendulkar, he's been given a run for three years than nobody else would have got: Ganguly to NDTV

adRaa sakka! adRaa sakka!

In his 24 years Sachin never blabbered like this, your attitude determines your altitude. Having said that Raj shukla is an idiot.

But Sachin carried Indian cricket for many years, he deserved 3 years extension. Whats wrong?

19thmay
14th November 2013, 04:24 PM
Fact that Ganguly can't take this single critic when this great man has not even reacted to any of the critics in the past two decades...

Russellffj
14th November 2013, 04:24 PM
In his 24 years Sachin never blabbered like this, your attitude determines your altitude. Having said that Raj shukla is an idiot.

But Sachin carried Indian cricket for many years, he deserved 3 years extension. Whats wrong?

Perfect

Dinesh84
14th November 2013, 05:26 PM
Too much of Dada hate :(

uruzalari
14th November 2013, 05:35 PM
Looks in prime form..not even beaten once in his 38* ........ Surprisingly looked absolutely composed with all that is happening around him

venkkiram
14th November 2013, 07:26 PM
english english sir !

I said "If I were Sachin, I would ask BCCI to plan for test series with PAK in a neutal venue and end my test carrier. That way, life with cricket will find its true meaning. Where I begin with, it ends."

venkkiram
14th November 2013, 07:35 PM
To me, it looks like both the openers today sacrificed and cleared the road for Sachin to come and bat. Anyway, it's a low score match and highly possible for 3 or 4 days finish. Sachin had now the perfect platform for a century. Tomorrow moning session is vital. His bat grip today is in national flag colour. Way to finish his game in style.

sathya_1979
15th November 2013, 12:40 AM
Very good insight about Sachin's stay in the team by Dileep Premachandran on WSJ:

WSJ: There was a debate that he has overstayed his international career. What do you think?
Mr. Premachandran: The issue I have with this debate, people who are debating, like you and me have no concept of greatness because we are not great. We do not know what it is like to be in that position. These players know when they are on their way down, but they also find ways to compensate. In Tendulkar’s case, I think we shouldn’t judge him by the numbers of the last two years. It’s also been a team very much in transition. It lost Rahul, it lost VVS [Laxman.] It has now lost Sehwag and Gambhir maybe not forever, but they are not in the team now. It would have been a huge sea change if there was not one old head in the team to guide the younger players. So, I think in that sense he had a job to do and he has done that.
Transition is one of the hardest things to manage when you have a team that is aging. By and large, India has done it well. They have phased out guys almost series by series and brought in one or two new guys each time. That’s the best way to go about it because if four or five guys go at the same time, you just collapse in a heap, which is pretty much what happened to Australia after 2006.

Dilbert
15th November 2013, 01:03 AM
just ended up watching highlights, Standing ovation for Sachin :goosebumps:. Mumbai Goyyakka boys have out done themselves. Wow thats how an Indian farewell feels for a cricketer THEY love (never knew) :clap: good stuff.

venkkiram
15th November 2013, 02:33 AM
WSJ: There was a debate that he has overstayed his international career. What do you think?
Mr. Premachandran: [U]The issue I have with this debate, people who are debating, like you and me have no concept of greatness because we are not great. We do not know what it is like to be in that position.These players know when they are on their way down, but they also find ways to compensate. In Tendulkar’s case, I think we shouldn’t judge him by the numbers of the last two years. It’s also been a team very much in transition. It lost Rahul, it lost VVS [Laxman.] It has now lost Sehwag and Gambhir maybe not forever, but they are not in the team now. It would have been a huge sea change if there was not one old head in the team to guide the younger players. So, I think in that sense he had a job to do and he has done that.
Transition is one of the hardest things to manage when you have a team that is aging. By and large, India has done it well. They have phased out guys almost series by series and brought in one or two new guys each time. That’s the best way to go about it because if four or five guys go at the same time, you just collapse in a heap, which is pretty much what happened to Australia after 2006.

இவர்களையும் சச்சின் போல கவனித்திருந்தால் இன்னும் சில வருடங்கள் விளையாடி ஓய்வினை அறிவித்திருப்பார்கள். சச்சினுக்கு பிசிசிஐ அளித்த சலுகைகள் அதிகம் என்பது ஊரறிந்த விஷயம். மற்றவர்கள் ஒய்வு பெற்றுவிட்டார்கள், அதனால் சச்சினை வைத்திருந்தோம் என்பதாக சொல்வதெல்லாம் சப்பைக் கட்டு போலவே தோன்றுகிறது

Dilbert
15th November 2013, 04:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4GoRepHeLM First run scored !

Dilbert
15th November 2013, 05:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq3lN9M96Ig

Dilbert
15th November 2013, 06:59 AM
Very good insight about Sachin's stay in the team by Dileep Premachandran on WSJ:

Mr. Premachandran: The issue I have with this debate, people who are debating, like you and me have no concept of greatness because we are not great. We do not know what it is like to be in that position. These players know when they are on their way down, but they also find ways to compensate. In Tendulkar’s case, I think we shouldn’t judge him by the numbers of the last two years. It’s also been a team very much in transition. It lost Rahul, it lost VVS [Laxman.] It has now lost Sehwag and Gambhir maybe not forever, but they are not in the team now. It would have been a huge sea change if there was not one old head in the team to guide the younger players. So, I think in that sense he had a job to do and he has done that.

I don't want to dig up dirt now, lots of sensitive souls HERE are going through an emotional journey of see their fav player leaving the game, Let them continue to cherish it. (I owe that much to our handsome moderator ;) )
I have all along said , there were external supports which was extended to him periodically by various quarters, whether people want to accept it or not its a different story.
Above article is a justification of one such external support which got nothing to do with cricket itself, its purely based on a subjective presumption.

otedoric
15th November 2013, 10:43 AM
END OF CRICKET :wave:

Dilbert
15th November 2013, 10:48 AM
Sachin fans pray for an Indian collapse, so that you get to see him bat again !

Arvind Srinivasan
15th November 2013, 10:55 AM
Good innings from Tendulkar. Looked good enough to carry on. How many times in the last two years have we seen Sachin lose his wicket against the run of play ? Now for the rest of the Indian batting juggernaut to pile up the runs. Expecting Pujara and Kohli to ton up.

littlemaster1982
15th November 2013, 11:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZFrPL9CEAEfR29.png:large

Indha match-oda cricket-kku oru :wave:

Dilbert
15th November 2013, 11:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZFrPL9CEAEfR29.png:large

Indha match-oda cricket-kku oru :wave:

Common now you didn't mean it !

littlemaster1982
15th November 2013, 11:29 AM
Yes, I mean it. I had always been saying that.

Dilbert
15th November 2013, 11:38 AM
Yes, I mean it. I had always been saying that.

Country like India still needs true cricket loving fans like yourself who are so loyal and sincere in following the game. (Unlike some of us (ME) who are seasonal ) Which is key for keeping passion going.
Understandable that many would feel / share your sentiments today.

ok now by replying to my post .. you will reach your 9000 posts !! at least 1 LM is reaching a round figure :)

Dilbert
15th November 2013, 11:53 AM
indian oprah wannabe talking ! :lol2:

ajaybaskar
15th November 2013, 11:59 AM
Knowing LM personally, I wont be surprised to know if he has just watched his last cricket match. However I only wish he continues to post his feedback on the game.

littlemaster1982
15th November 2013, 12:15 PM
Knowing LM personally, I wont be surprised to know if he has just watched his last cricket match. However I only wish he continues to post his feedback on the game.

I might check the scores now and then, and may be take part in the discussions here, but no more cricket watching :)

GSV
15th November 2013, 12:51 PM
good innings...
love u sachin :notworthy:

arulraj
15th November 2013, 01:22 PM
Thank you sachin ....... i love you ...:ty:

ajaybaskar
15th November 2013, 01:26 PM
ஆயிரக்கணக்கான ரசிகர்கள் மைதானத்தில், கோடிக்கணக்கான ரசிகர்கள் தொலைக்காட்சியில், ஸ்டேடியத்தில் நிரம்பியிருந்த பாலிவுட் திரையுலகம், அரசியல் பிரமுகர்கள், கிரிக்கெட் ஜாம்பவான்கள், முதல்முறையாக விளையாடுவதைப் பார்க்க வந்த தாய்.. 24 வருட கிரிக்கெட் வாழ்க்கையின் கடைசி போட்டி.. இவ்வளவு அழுத்தங்களையும் மீறி…., Cover Drive, Straight Drive, Cut, Sweep, Forward Defence, Pull, Hook,.. இதெல்லாம் எப்டி ஆடணும்னு கடவுள் வந்து பாடம் நடத்திட்டுப் போனாரே.. பார்த்தேளா..?

Courtesy: FB

arulraj
15th November 2013, 01:55 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/171200/171221.jpg

arulraj
15th November 2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG1vSaagD24

Russellffj
15th November 2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/171200/171221.jpg

Wat a moment. Not sure how he is gonna spend his time after this .. cricket being his pulse/heart beat.

Miss u god :(. Had tears when he walked out :(

Dilbert
15th November 2013, 09:39 PM
Its still very much possible to see him bat again, if Gayle and company score and take lead within say 70-80 overs. And Kapthan thony ask Sachin to open.

venkkiram
15th November 2013, 11:02 PM
Pujara's fine knock got ignored by Rohit's knock. Gavaskar-Harsha kumbal projects Rohit an another legend like Sachin. I am not against such koovals. But why Rohit alone? Let them praise equally other talented fellows too. Ashwin's 100 wickets feet is one another got overshadowed.

Dilbert
16th November 2013, 01:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLlTrDd2ZyM

JamesDap
16th November 2013, 07:04 AM
Pujara's fine knock got ignored by Rohit's knock. Gavaskar-Harsha kumbal projects Rohit an another legend like Sachin. I am not against such koovals. But why Rohit alone? Let them praise equally other talented fellows too. Ashwin's 100 wickets feet is one another got overshadowed.

We can already see Pujara and RS slipping into the roles occupied by Dravid and Sachin in terms of media image (In terms of strike rate and stuff, the gap between them is not that much, Pujara is quite attacking in a different way). Media desperately needs to hype up new stars if they want food on the table. I am still not convinced RS has the unrelenting drive of Tendulkar to keep batting on. Something would have had to have dramatically changed within him for that because he has thrown away several starts before in his career. I just hope both will do well in South Africa.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th November 2013, 01:08 PM
:cry: :cry: Miss u forever :( :( :(

Thank You Sachin.

arulraj
16th November 2013, 01:10 PM
Cricket will be spelled 'cricke' now because T for Tendulkar has left cricket :( @bcci (https://twitter.com/BCCI)#thankyousachin (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23thankyousachin&src=hash)

It is like your best friend departs after so long years. Indeed, he is your Best friend in cricket #ThankYouSachin (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ThankYouSachin&src=hash)

664 matches, 34357 runs, 164 Fifties, 100 Hundreds, 200 wickets. God of cricket #ThankYouSachin (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ThankYouSachin&src=hash)

The legend (sachin) is not retiring from cricket bt cricket is retiring from sachin!!#ThankYouSachin (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ThankYouSachin&src=hash) will miss u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii5H89rrC4U

Dilbert
16th November 2013, 01:15 PM
As expected all bollywood elements , was added for the grande finale. Now after an year or so he should be seen as batting coach for India. His presence should give his fans something to cheer about. Lets see what he has in Mind.

Dilbert
16th November 2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eyh7otE8o0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eyh7otE8o0

Russellffj
16th November 2013, 11:35 PM
cried badly. Wat an emotional speech. Thanks sachin :(

ajaybaskar
17th November 2013, 01:26 AM
Breaking:

West Indies' Marlon Samuels (http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/52983.html) and Shane Shillingford (http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/52997.html) have been reported for suspect bowling actions by the ICC and are required to get their actions independently tested within the next 21 days. The bowlers' actions were reported at the end of the second day's play of the Mumbai Test by umpires Nigel Llong, Richard Kettleborough, Vineet Kulkarni and match referee Andy Pycroft, with particular references to the quicker deliveries and the doosras.

Both bowlers have been suspended from bowling in international cricket because of illegal actions in the past. Samuels was first reported in 2008 after which he didn't bowl for the next three years. Shillingford was also banned from bowling in 2010 but returned to bowl in 2011 after undergoing remedial work.

Mr.GreyShirt
17th November 2013, 04:59 AM
Why did they choose one of the worst test teams for Sachin's last game..

venkkiram
17th November 2013, 10:16 AM
5 முறை உலக செஸ் சாம்பியன் பட்டம் வென்ற இந்திய கிராண்ட் மாஸ்டர் விஸ்வநாதன் ஆனந்தும் பாரத ரத்னா விருதிற்கு தகுதியானவர் என்று இந்திய கிரிக்கெட் அணியின் முன்னாள் கேப்டன் சவுரவ் கங்குலி தெரிவித்துள்ளார். எனவே, அவருக்கும் பாரத ரத்னா விருது வழங்கப்பட வேண்டும் என்றும் கங்குலி வலியுறுத்தியுள்ளார்.

:clap:

littlemaster1982
17th November 2013, 12:17 PM
5 முறை உலக செஸ் சாம்பியன் பட்டம் வென்ற இந்திய கிராண்ட் மாஸ்டர் விஸ்வநாதன் ஆனந்தும் பாரத ரத்னா விருதிற்கு தகுதியானவர் என்று இந்திய கிரிக்கெட் அணியின் முன்னாள் கேப்டன் சவுரவ் கங்குலி தெரிவித்துள்ளார். எனவே, அவருக்கும் பாரத ரத்னா விருது வழங்கப்பட வேண்டும் என்றும் கங்குலி வலியுறுத்தியுள்ளார்.

Please post this in Viswanathan Anand thread. Thanks!

Dilbert
17th November 2013, 04:44 PM
Breaking:

West Indies' Marlon Samuels (http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/52983.html) and Shane Shillingford (http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/52997.html) have been reported for suspect bowling actions by the ICC and are required to get their actions independently tested within the next 21 days. The bowlers' actions were reported at the end of the second day's play of the Mumbai Test by umpires Nigel Llong, Richard Kettleborough, Vineet Kulkarni and match referee Andy Pycroft, with particular references to the quicker deliveries and the doosras.

Both bowlers have been suspended from bowling in international cricket because of illegal actions in the past. Samuels was first reported in 2008 after which he didn't bowl for the next three years. Shillingford was also banned from bowling in 2010 but returned to bowl in 2011 after undergoing remedial work.

This is really bad , if its true. Looks like West Indies cricket has reached its new low. No wonder players like Gayle are happy playing T20 for clubs rather than playing for country.Now the blower who got Sachin's wicket in his last match doesn't get to keep it? hehe. They played worst than Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.

venkkiram
21st November 2013, 11:02 PM
PuthiyaThalaimurai TV

சர்வதேச ஒருநாள் கிரிக்கெட் போட்டியில் 5000 ரன்களை கடந்தார் விராத் கோலி.

குறைந்த போட்டிகளில் 5000 ரன்கள் எடுத்து முந்தைய சாதனையை கோலி சமன் செய்தார். முன்னதாக, மேற்கு இந்திய தீவுகளைச் சேர்ந்த ரிச்சர்ட்ஸ் 114வது இன்னிங்ஸில் 5000 ரன்களை எடுத்திருந்தார்.

விராத் கோலியும் 114வது இன்னிங்ஸில் 5000 ரன்களைக் கடந்து சாதனையை சமன் செய்தார் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

:notworthy:

venkkiram
21st November 2013, 11:07 PM
SK Raina c Holder b Narine 0

And

SP Narine 10 1 57 1 5.70

ரெய்னா தம்பி.. பாத்து சூதகமா நடந்துக்க.. இல்லாட்டி உன்னை நிரந்தரமா ஐபிஎல்-ல் மட்டுமே பார்க்க வேண்டிவரும்..

VinodKumar's
22nd November 2013, 02:29 AM

Ganguly vazhnalil Sachin-um Dhoni-yum porukka mudiyaatha kuttram siethavargal :lol:.