PDA

View Full Version : Highway || imtiaz ali || randeep hooda

ajaybaskar
14th March 2013, 12:00 PM
With his last two films being shot in Delhi, it seems Imtiaz Ali has a fascination for the city. Now, the director is back shooting on real locations in the capital for his next, Highway, with Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda.

Says Imtiaz, "Highway is a story that has been in my heart for years. I've been waiting to get into it. When AR Rahman agreed to join me on this journey, I felt blessed. This movie needs him more than ever before. We also have an ideal cast — Alia and Randeep — and an ideal crew. The journey has begun and it will be some experience together."

AR Rahman, who's composing the music, says, "It's a highway journey this time, with the same good company of Imtiaz and lyricist Irshad Kamil."

Presenter Sajid Nadiadwala is kicked about the team. He says, "The film will be an all-new musical experience for AR Rahman fans and who better than Imtiaz to bring them to life on screen. I am delighted to present the film."

satissh_r
14th March 2013, 12:06 PM
Super :) Yahoo groups la they were saying that Imtiaz plans to do another movie this year with Ranbir and thalivar will be doing music for that too...

ajaybaskar
14th March 2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah. That's a comedy film and the same Sajid is producing that movie.

satissh_r
14th March 2013, 12:08 PM
Double soooper :D

SoftSword
14th March 2013, 03:48 PM
arumai... arumai...
but yaaru indha cast?? kelvippatta maadhiriyae illayae...

abbas tubewala first padam nalla kudutthu second padam sodhappina scenes kannumunna vandhu pOgudhu...

ajaybaskar
14th March 2013, 04:53 PM
JTYJN was the first film for Tyrewala. But before collaborating with ARR, Imtiaz had made 3,4 films.

SoftSword
14th March 2013, 04:58 PM
naan venaamna solraen...
oru chinna bayam irundhuttae irukkunu dhaan solraen...

ajaybaskar
16th March 2013, 10:38 AM
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/884574_472294599502362_1017225243_o.jpg

ajaybaskar
16th March 2013, 10:49 AM
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/882141_471556919576130_320654943_o.jpg

Brianengab
7th June 2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.koimoi.com/most-popular/alia-randeeps-highway-shoot-wrapped-ahead-of-schedule/

Alia-Randeep’s ‘Highway’ Shoot Wrapped Ahead Of Schedule

The shoot for Imtiaz Ali’s film Highway, starring Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda with music by A.R. Rahman, was wrapped on May 28. The film, presented by Sajid Nadiadwala, will release on December 13, 2013.

Despite a really challenging shoot across six Indian states, Highway wrapped up proceedings eight days in advance. Although the entire shoot was planned for 60 days, Imtiaz and team finished the same in 52 days.

Said a source close to the team, “Along the way they had to face extreme weather conditions and negotiate very difficult terrain. From the sub-zero temperatures of snow-clad upper Himachal to the near 50 degree centigrade highs in the last schedule in Gurgaon; from bus and train travel in Rajashtan to hotels with no electricity or water in Kaza (Himachal) and treacherous treks in heavy rains in Kashmir, there were roadblocks all along the ‘Highway’. Yet the passion and commitment were such that the shoot was completed well within time.”

http://www.koimoi.com/wp-content/new-galleries/2013/06/Alia-Bhatt-in-Highway-Movie-Stills.jpg

“The shooting of Highway was fast and furious and the completion of shooting was an emotional event for the unit. We have shot this film at unusual places, we have had to support and help each other very often to get by because many places were too remote to have facilities. Highway united all of us. We have had a charmed journey. We hope the audience has the same”, said Imtiaz.

Says Alia, “The experience of shooting for Highway was intense and extremely fulfilling. If I start talking about the film I won’t stop, so I’d rather save my emotions for myself to know.”

For Sajid Nadiadwala, presenting Highway, is a matter of great pride, “The film was mounted and executed in a very short time and I am so happy that its shoot has been completed well within schedule. It makes me very happy, proud and responsible that Imtiaz has left the release and distribution of his first production completely to me. With Imtiaz’s magic and A.R. Rahman’s amazing music, Highway will be one film to watch out for this December!”

Brianengab
7th June 2013, 02:22 PM
arumai...arumai... within next 5 months'la innoru album... :clap:

lancelot
5th December 2013, 12:11 PM
Jiteshpillaai: Heard the music of highway. Imtiaz ali does it again. Just how does rahman do it again...and again. Irshad kamil's delicately woven lyrics:)

Really why fit in when you were born to stand out. Huge cliche but it's the truth. Highway's music reminded of it:)

lancelot
17th December 2013, 09:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSrDD52bx4A

Sunil_M88
17th December 2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks lancelot

Rahman Ji has delivered ਮੇਰੇ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਦੀ ਮਿੱਟੀ ਦੀ ਖੁਸ਼ਬੂ once again

Russellmtp
18th December 2013, 07:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSrDD52bx4A

Thanks lancelot. Thalaivar seldom disappoints. Looking forward to the songs.

Russellmtp
18th December 2013, 07:46 AM
yaaru indha ponnu Alia Bhatt? nadippum varuthu. paarkkavum ok. adhu sari, naama innum Nayan, Trishava vittu varalai.

vayasaagi pochuda Kaliya Perumal:-(

lancelot
18th December 2013, 12:49 PM
lol @thozha

Anyone know when the audio might come out?

Sunil_M88
18th December 2013, 09:27 PM
I absolutely love the free flowing nature of the song. Just like “Phir Se Udd Chala”, the song doesn’t seem to have a structure. The song oozes with creativity which is the reason I’ve lost count on how many times I seen the trailer. The beat itself is probably made on an 808 drum kit and Rahman Ji used to live off these sounds back in the nineties. As well as the obvious club sound, there are elements of techno, indie rock, middle-eastern and of course the unforgettable Sufi Punjabi vibe delivered by the Nooran Sisters of Tung Tung fame. Rahman Ji tweeted about them at same time Tung Tung aired on Sneha Khanwalkar’s MTV sound trippin mid last year so everybody could have at least expected them to collaborate but I was totally ecstatic when I heard them in the trailer.

Rahman Ji’s voice is so soft in the song and contrasts with the hard nature of the beat somewhat similar to the title song of Dil Se but I’m an equal fan of Rahman Ji the composer as well as the singer and believe his high notes will always remain his pièce de résistance. Coming back to the Nooran Sisters, they are only in their only early twenties and I can proudly say that India officially has an answer to Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Abida Parveen and all the other unquestionable veterans of Qawwali from Pakistan. I just hope that some run of the mill Music Director doesn’t start to rinse them with quantity over quality and in that respect I truly miss Krishna Beura who I really wanted to collaborate with Rahman Ji but oh well!

Irshad Kamil is definitely the best match for Rahman Ji. I remember saying that the lyrics of Rockstar were giving high competition to its music e.g. “Kun Faaya Kun”. I don’t think the Punjabi lyrics are traditional, they are original but similar to the writings of Baba Bulleh Shah Ji’s poetry.
I can’t wait for the whole song and I can’t deny that I’m biased and defensive for the song as it truly delivers the fragrance of my motherland’s, Punjab’s soil. I’m even happier as this is Rahman Ji’s third film related to my mum’s home town, Firozpur.

Time to aboard the Highway

Happy Listening!
Sunil Malhotra

satissh_r
18th December 2013, 10:24 PM
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh :)

lancelot
18th December 2013, 11:59 PM
satissh_r, my thoughts exactly :)

ajaybaskar
19th December 2013, 03:32 AM
Thozhar,

Alia is director Mahesh Bhatt's daughter from his second marriage. She is half sister to yesterday year actress Pooja Bhatt, who starred in one all time classic of Tamil cinema - Kalloori Vaasal.

Russellmtp
20th December 2013, 10:05 AM
Thozhar,

Alia is director Mahesh Bhatt's daughter from his second marriage. She is half sister to yesterday year actress Pooja Bhatt, who starred in one all time classic of Tamil cinema - Kalloori Vaasal.

Thanks for the info Ajay. "kalloori vaasal" - Ajith, Prashanth nadicha padam thaane. adhu oru mokka padamaache. enna sarcasma?

ajaybaskar
7th January 2014, 04:33 PM
Highway: Patakha Guddi Song (Official)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LijcpDrSNVI

Sunil_M88
8th January 2014, 07:07 PM
full song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cprez2G15LI

Rahman Ji ke kya kehne par Irshad Kamil :clap: Well Done Highway team :D

Sunil_M88
16th January 2014, 02:08 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHLnZMjJ8bY

ajaybaskar
17th January 2014, 10:49 AM
This gal looks so refreshing and also it looks like she can act as well.

ajaybaskar
17th January 2014, 11:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S1aQhVUy_9g

Russellyhd
17th January 2014, 11:10 AM
Thalaivar voice s mesmerizing.. Diffidently it wil be a diff. movie in bolly (hope on imitiaz after the mokkai Rockstar :().. Waiting for the album.. tis month going to be 2 damakka for ARR fans.. Highway nd Kaaviyathalaivan.. :boo:

Mahen
17th January 2014, 03:10 PM
song is okayish..first one was superb..clip reminds me of some tamil film :think:

Mahen
17th January 2014, 03:11 PM
This gal looks so refreshing and also it looks like she can act as well.

Hero is Vikram prabhu range :)

Sunil_M88
17th January 2014, 07:47 PM
Maahi Ve

No doubt, A.R. Rahman rightfully deserved all the accolades showered upon him but it’s way beyond my imagination that some folks still fail to fathom that. Whatever the case be, they are either are envious or imbeciles? Rahman Ji’s fans usually smile in return and take no notice but once in a while they’re blood boils as they are human and cannot shy away from their animal instincts. A.R. Rahman is well above all the media hoo-hah simply because he doesn’t have time for it and plus he’s spiritual side has converted him from a mere mortal to something else. On the contrary, he needs to have hot headed fans that speak their mind and don’t bear the slightest of silliest remark towards him.

I haven’t yet heard the song because I know if I hear it then I will drown in it and forget to put fourth my overdue rant against these imbeciles. I’m sure they know who they as they’re well qualified at reading between lines.

Times have changed but I don’t think some listeners have! Too electronic, pop/rock-ish, high-octave shouter, etc. are some of the words detractors associate with A.R. Rahman. Indian culture is vast and doesn’t fit into any bracket. India is full of cultures within a culture, so tapping any Indian culture gives me immense pleasure in exploring music from other languages and comparing similarity. The group of detractors don’t all have venom and some of them appreciate the Rahman Ji from the nineties but unfortunately got left behind in the nineties and didn’t go on the voyage over the millenium. The Indian music they like occasionally blossoms with Western Classical exuberance but it doesn’t feel too international or alien to them. Recently their idol released an almost Western album but I can’t remember them criticising the sound as being non-Indian.

They’re too busy on their quest for finding songs that although exist hardly have one or two listeners. It is a humble request to them that if they wish tp discuss A.R. Rahman and his music then do it with some sense and not contradiction, they certainly need to do some serious homework when they’re not busy spending half their life finding rare songs from their idol. You don’t have to hear A.R. Rahman’s music if you don’t want to.

Now coming to Highway, only two songs have release and they are worlds apart. Highway is an album that Rahman Ji took time out for from his busy schedule. I can’t thank him enough for this. Isn’t Patakha Guddi tapping into Indian culture? Maahi Ve has the same prominent 808 beat as the former but isn’t propelled by cultural influence but plays a sentimental chord. We will have to wait and see if the rest of the album has this 808 drum pattern, if that’s the case then I think Rahman Ji is the first Music director to use the same beat/tempo yet still create mind-boggling pleasing songs for one album only. Now that refines innovation for me. You may be asking, why all this for an album that he didn’t have time for. Well, we r talking about the biggest hearted person in Indian Cinema!

Happy Listening!

Sunil Malhotra

Russellyhd
19th January 2014, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD_sJ23X6dY

Russellyhd
19th January 2014, 02:01 PM
song s 90's feeling (The above song) .. lik it :)

Alia voice s sema :thumbsup:

Russellyhd
19th January 2014, 03:15 PM
Imtiaz Ali directing a music video with AR Rahman for #Highway, for the male version of #PatakhaGuddi

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeT5eOMCcAAjvOR.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeUGCcyCEAA1bTB.jpg

tifosi
24th January 2014, 03:38 PM
https://itunes.apple.com/in/album/highway-original-motion-picture/id804693612?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

ajaybaskar
25th January 2014, 10:13 AM
Too many melodies. Except Maahi Ve and Pathaka Guddi, nothing is instantly likeable. Lets see..

sureshmehcnit
25th January 2014, 02:16 PM
My thoughts - http://www.backgroundscore.com/2014/01/highway-arrahman.html

Mahen
26th January 2014, 07:19 PM
album is soaked with melodies..not sure if its a good thing or not..for now only mahi ve and patakha gudhi appeal to me

Russellmtp
26th January 2014, 10:34 PM
album is soaked with melodies..not sure if its a good thing or not..for now only mahi ve and patakha gudhi appeal to me

Re: Highway, pattasu penn was an instant hit for me. My Punjabi friend, who is not a Rahman fan, loved it. He didn't realize it was a Rahman song till I told him. The other songs are slow melodies but I like them. At this stage, though, I would say Rockstar was a better album. Maybe after a few more listens my opinion would change:-)

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 09:12 AM
At this stage, though, I would say Rockstar was a better album. Maybe after a few more listens my opinion would change:-)

neenga entha album vachchu compare pannaalum Rockstar wil easily beat it... IMO, Rockstar s one of the top 10 albums of his 23 yrs career.. :)

Coming to Highway album, ketka ketka slow poison'aa irukku... i wil giv my comments later :)

littlemaster1982
27th January 2014, 09:49 AM
Guys,

Let's keep the discussions to ARR and Highway here.

Sunil_M88
27th January 2014, 09:52 PM
source: http://caughtinthemusicalstorm.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/highway-a-r-rahman-irshad-kamil-music-review/

“Highway” – A.R. Rahman – Irshad Kamil – Music Review

**SKIP HALFWAY TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE REVIEW, AS THE FIRST HALF IS ALL BACKGROUND INFORMATION!** (though the review might not make sense without browsing the below.)

Baring “Patakha Guddi” (Female Version) and “Maahi Ve”, on initial hearing my attitudes toward the songs were highly clashing: Mundane, Repetition, Nostalgia, Rebellious, Innovation and Inspirational were the adjectives that struck me straight away. I think these six factors imprecisely skip our minds when listening to a song for the first time.

It is certainly not Rahman Ji’s best album, it only has one or two surprises but there is something beyond being surprised that has shackled me to songs. With relation to his recent songs, I usually question myself asking, would I give it a second listen or further more would I even bother listening if it were by some other Music Director. For time, I have been having an internal warfare between the Rahman Ji Devotee and the music explorer inside me. The former is more dominant but the latter thinks he has the last laugh in the long run. I think Highway will be an album that will give my inside explorer hope and motivation to go out there and see if I can connect with other composers, artists, music directors, etc.

In the beginning I was a Rahman Ji fan, the explorer inside me came at vicissitude roughly ten years ago, then I came back home to the former and now the explorer is trying to burst out again. It is Rahman Ji’s music that has given birth to this explorer and if his music didn’t have this much variation WRT to musical genres then I wouldn’t be as broad minded towards music as I am now. Post 2005, Rahman Ji and his music has given birth to new alter ego in me I.e. explorer 2.0 who now affects me musically and more importantly spiritually. Now, I try and make music (primarily electronic), try and listen to anything and everything focusing on nuances but it is always slow songs that melt the listener inside me. Highway comes with a share of slow melodies. Slow doesn’t generally reflect soporific and many composers have noted that it is more challenging to compose slow song compared to an up-beat peppy song. This probably wouldn’t make much sense to the average listener, as to them it’s all about connection.

Music is subjective and for some reason I have a feeling that “Highway” won’t have many takers. I don’t feel the need to promote the music or hype about the songs to anyone. I want this album all to myself and I don’t think I can stand discussing its content with others. I feel this soundtrack was deep imbedded in me ages ago but in hindsight that could be a reflection of songs that I have grown up listening to. Again, there is much contradiction in me as to liking the songs. The theory of liking songs the more you listen to them (Refer to the Mere-exposure effect) is the main argument my music explorer side has with my Rahman Ji Devotee side. The latter follows the theory thus the former is very weak. But “Highway” seems to give an upper hand to both of these personas in me, thus introducing a circular argument.

Whether I’ve heard the album a lot or not doesn’t matter. The first checkpoint on this “Highway” I reached was the portion of “Sooha Saaha” after the first flute, it was haunting me throughout the first day, the second checkpoint was “Heera” and now I have reached the third checkpoint, the part “Mann yeh mera puchata, mein Kahaan?” English: My mind is asking, where am I? In “Kahaan Hoon Main?” I feel I’m reaching the fourth checkpoint, the “Banjara” sound in “Patakha Guddi” (Male Version). So even if I’m not hearing the songs directly, certain portions have constantly been ringing in my head. Why is that? What next? Who cares? Let it Be!

** REVIEW STARTS HERE!**

“Highway” brings together A.R. Rahman and Imtiaz Ali for the second time and the former and Irshad Kamil for the third time. The last outing of these three, “Rockstar” saw a predominantly Male orientated album and this one is completely the opposite.

01 Patakha Guddi (Female Version)

Why are record labels hell bent on killing the hype for a Movie’s OST by releasing singles online before the album? If I ignored listening to the singles and waited for the album, then I seriously wouldn’t have come out of this song. It is everything I want to hear in music. When I heard “Tung Tung”, it was Rahman Ji who I had the thought of immediately. The flute portions are so Nineties aka my lovely childhood, the vocals are Punjabi aka me and the beat is a 808 drum pattern aka my favourite sound. Then there is an 8-bit/chiptune sound in the third interlude which was very well welcomed by the electronic sound freak inside me. But because I rinsed this song before the albums release I am now focussing more on the other songs. So this idea of releasing the single was for me to get immersed in it completely before paving way for the other songs.

02 Maahi Ve

A.R. Rahman behind the mic, need I say more? If there’s one thing I can conclude from Rahman Ji’s latest releases is there’s no need for a song to have long interludes for it to be great. That one second piano part before the second verse at 1:34 seconds is enough for me to keep revisiting the song. The last verse comes with the same beauty witnessed in the last portion of “Yuvvraaj’s” “Tu Meri Dost Hai”. The orchestral and electro layers in the climax give the impression that “Maahi Ve” doesn’t end but rather drives off into a distance. Great move by Rahman Ji!

03 Kahaan Hoon Main

The first question I had when listening to this was, is it a tribute to the late Whitney Houston? “Tu Bin Bataayein”, “Alive”, “Shaunk Hai”, “Rehnuma” are some of the songs that I feel have been recycled to make this. Jonita plays her part well with the Anglo-Indian melody which Rahman Ji usually tailor makes for Rashid Ali. The second interlude’s piano is another aspect which took me down memory/recycled lane. Once the Indian Classical nuances shined more on me I knew it will be sometime before I get out of this song, especially “Ooni ooni baadal mein, gayi simat” and the following stanzas. Sometimes I feel that Rahman Ji deliberately wants you to remember his previous songs by channeling them through his new ones. I went back and heard all those songs above and I appreciate them much more now. Rahman Ji probably made those individual tracks as slabs for a pavement to this song. Every step was equally important in order for me to appreciate the journey and not the destination. But I can hear Rahman Ji, shouting at himself “Kahaan Hoon Main?” which has been delivered as an easy listening paradox here. I think this will be a dark horse.

04 Wanna Mash Up

Where are the beats, where is the melody, where is the arrangements, etc.? Rap portions sound as if the girls are just speaking. And then comes the reggae cum dubstep sound! What a build-up that was. Rewind the song and the melody is now more obvious and the hook couldn’t have been better. But I still ask myself is this a result of the Mere-exposure effect. I don’t think so because that urban sound is so Rahman-ish, a sound that is innate. Gangster Blues, that collaboration with the Viva girls in “Lakeer”, etc. shall explain why.

05 Sooha Saaha

The generic Rahman Ji meanders his way back to the early nineties. This song has a distinct South Indian cum folk touch, which is why it’s probably my favourite song of the album. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rahman Ji had composed this during his “Nila Kaikiradhu”, “Anbendra”, etc. days. That soothing portion after the first flute will definitely be extracted and added to my ringtones of “Moongil Thottam”, “Enga Ponna Rasa” and “Anbin Sangamam”. To be honest I’ve given up looking forward to Rahman Ji’s movies, instead I just want to listen to the soundtrack. I’m highly sceptical of songs being used as bgm. But I really would like to see how this one is picturised with the vocals of two females.

06 Patakha Guddi (Male Version)

The indie guitar before the beat drop has this Pakistani pop sound, almost like the one in “Junoon’s”, “Sayonee”. Rahman Ji sounds very fresh and the accompanying harmonium paints an image of a “Dargah”. I’m not too sure about the Punjabi vocals in the first verse, they sound faux and almost blasphemous to the Punjabi culture. Rahman Ji occasionally sounds like a cross between Amit Trivedi and Rabbi. His voice sounds authentic after the speed metal interlude, which is a likely ode to “Rockstar”. The song reaches an all time high at “Maine toh tere, tere utte… Chhaddiyan doriyan…”. Some portions remind me of “Mere Yaar Mila De” from “Saathiya”. Overall, Rahman Ji has been a strict rebel throughout the song. Picking up musical genres and blending them in a melting pot has been wonderfully executed here. The pros easily outweigh the cons.

07 Implosive Silence

There is a distinct melody that instantly reminded me of Susan Boyle’s “Wild Horses”. Jonita Gandhi’s vocals get a handful of effects thrown on them including reverse, reverb, stuttering and flanging. The highlight of the songs comes at 2:16 second. I don’t know if that’s reversed or not but it strikes the chord. I do sense another dark horse with this one.

08 Tu Kuja

“Kun Faaya Kun”, “Tu Mun Shudi” and now “Tu Kuja” adds to the Farsi couplet list of Rahman Ji and Irshad Kamil. Vangelis meets Nusrat’s Qawwali sound with a Bhajan influence peeping randomly. With “Tu Kuja” I feel I am fan talking about another fan. Rahman Ji holds Vangelis and Nusrat Ji on a high pedestal so it’s a nice tribute from him but the show completely belongs to Sunidhi who walks through the park with this in this otherwise difficult to sing song. This song makes me cry tears of joy.

09 Heera

The strings are almost identical to “Desh Ki Mitti – Orchestral version” from “Bose”. Furthermore, the song has a Niraj Chag polish. But beyond that I feel that “Heera” is the best way to end the album. Just like the quote in 007 Die Another Day, “Diamonds aren’t just expensive stones. They are the stuff of dreams.” Heera is not just a mere song, it is a dream coming with soulful melody hinting a Rajasthani melody with Western Classical flourishing beneath it.

Conclusion

“Blue” and “Jhootha hi sahi” are two albums totally in and out of Rahman Ji’s comfort zone. I don’t ever crave to hear them compared Rahman Ji’s other albums but when I do hear them I don’t come out of them for days. I think “Highway” is an addition to them. I appreciate my review is long and the clarity might be jarring but I feel I’ve been abrupt throughout. I’m naive and probably haven’t realised the true beauty of this album yet. The more I listen to this album the more I go away from my original impression. Yes, I found the album mediocre at first, but the sound is so vast ranging from patriotic styled lullabies to techno, speed metal and dub step baselines that I ask myself I really missing out on other composers and songs by only being selective to Rahman Ji? The soundtrack has had an Stockholm syndrome effect on me and the songs want to stay with me even if I dont wan’t to give them a chance.

Rating: 3.75/5

PS. I tried to be as unbiased as possible with the review and I want prove that me being a Rahman Ji Devotee doesn’t not make me a extreme fanatic!

Happy Listening!

Russellmtp
29th January 2014, 03:43 AM
thalaivar's voice sounds different in patakha guddi. The accent is more pronounced and, dare I say it, artificial in some places. One can understand why some prefer Sukhwinder or Daler for this song but I thought thalaivar did a decent job. Still haven't listened to all the songs completely but atm "maahi ve" is more addictive and is on loop.

ajaybaskar
29th January 2014, 07:59 AM
Yes, Maahi Ve is damn addictive. And I prefer Noorans' version of Pattaka Guddi over Thalaivar's. Heera is another gem too. Somehow I became allergic to this Kash & Krissy. Having that in the back of my mind, I am not able to enjoy 'Wanna mash up'.

Comparisons with Rockstar is inevitable. But as of now, Highway is lagging behind.

Arvind Srinivasan
30th January 2014, 09:11 PM
Just finished hearing out the album. Pattaaka Guddi and Maahi Ve, the standout pieces IMHO- instantly likeable these two. And the lyrics were so much in sync with the music. Enough to keep me hooked till the movie releases. The other songs are yet to sink in, but I guess their impact may increase once we hear them out with the visuals.

Russellyhd
30th January 2014, 11:03 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/highway/highway-songs-review.html

HIGHWAY SONGS REVIEW

Verdict: A timeless soundtrack crafted for the road !

3.75 / 5

Russellmtp
31st January 2014, 05:36 AM
Yes, Maahi Ve is damn addictive. And I prefer Noorans' version of Pattaka Guddi over Thalaivar's. Heera is another gem too. Somehow I became allergic to this Kash & Krissy. Having that in the back of my mind, I am not able to enjoy 'Wanna mash up'.

Comparisons with Rockstar is inevitable. But as of now, Highway is lagging behind.

I too like Noorans' version more. In fact, after hearing them both a few times, I can't say I like thalaivar's version that much. "patakha guddi" and "maahi ve" are my 2 picks. "wanna mash up" sounds ok once and not so good when I listen to it again - not sure what to make of that:-). "sooha saaha" is good but not so impressed with the rest. Not yet:-)

Russellyhd
12th February 2014, 10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gkYyED1pxM

Russellmtp
17th February 2014, 12:36 AM
I too like Noorans' version more. In fact, after hearing them both a few times, I can't say I like thalaivar's version that much. "patakha guddi" and "maahi ve" are my 2 picks. "wanna mash up" sounds ok once and not so good when I listen to it again - not sure what to make of that:-). "sooha saaha" is good but not so impressed with the rest. Not yet:-)

Did I really say that? How silly of me. To myself "evvalavu Rahman paattu kettiruppom. evvalavu paattu udane pidichathu?:banghead:" "not yet" notwithstanding, I feel so silly now. Apart from "Maahi ve", I am totally in love with "Heera" now. Other songs are good too:-D

inimel Rahman pattu pidikkuthu pidikkalainnu album release aagi oru maasam aagara varaikkum solradhu illai.

Sunil_M88
16th May 2014, 05:02 PM
http://m.soundcloud.com/caughtinthemusicalstorm/ar-rahman-highway-movie-bgm-2014

0.0 Veera Abducted
1.36 Kirpa Karo Maharaj / Bustling streets
2.05 Tu Kuja BGM
7.07 Banjara Group
9.46 Sooha Saaha BGM
10.40 Maahi Ve Flute / Kashmir Valley
15.52 Climax
19.24 Maahi Ve / Patakha Guddi Transition End Credits