PDA

View Full Version : MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

rooky
8th October 2010, 10:24 AM
MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011.

Tough to keep an active thread down :)[/b]

rooky
8th October 2010, 10:38 AM
vem wrote:
Guys,

What has IR been doing w.r.t big budget movies? It has been 15 years since he worked for Rajini, almost 7 years for Kamal (Mumbai Xpress), etc.

Nothing on the anvil as far as I know for Vijay, Surya, Vikram, Captain, Simbu, and other leading actors.

He has been reduced to this pathetic state. Perhaps, he or his diehard fans may not care about this, but the real losers are the millions of fans of melodies and rich music.....

MSV even in the twilight of his years used to compose for Rajini and Kamal (thanks to KB of course) on a consistent basis. What is wrong with these directors and actors? They have in fact sequestered IR for all intents and purposes.

He reminds me of TMS who literally came down to composing Murugar songs for lack of opportunities. He did a great job of course.

The IR who could conjure the listeners with his melodies composed out of thin air has long since ceased to exist, very unfortunately.

let me try and explain! bear with me:

1. IR's stance 1: "what i give is music - either accept it, or be good enough to come up with a better judgement of my music" - producers/directors "your music is great, phenomenal, inspired from deep within, very spiritual, but we wud like something that wud sell"

2. IR's stance 2: "am spiritually elitist - have reached a stage, where I dont care if it is some kuppan, suppan producer with cartloads of money and attitude, or it is Time-Warner company or for all that I care, some big production house in Hollywood - if my intuitive instincts honed by spiritual experiences i have had, propel me to accept a project/venture, I will do - otherwise, I wont - no matter how big the budget is"

3. IR's stance 3: "andha superstar, indha megastar, ivanga ellaam enna periya kombangala irundhaa yenakku yenna ?! I know music, and if they want good music, let them come and ask for it - but, i dont want my music to be given credit primarliy for its association with some star, period! my music is above and beyond stars and their status"

a combination of the above 3 reasons probably explain the present state of affairs!

The top tamil stars think that they need to be in sync with the trend and are looking for kuthu and hiphop numbers. so tamil people longing for melody (new melodies) and that too in the movies from these stars...i doubt if this will ever be fulfilled.

W.r.to Raja, he still gets to work with top/marketable stars from other languages like we see esp. in malayalam (Mammotty,mohanlal,jayaram,dileep), hindi (amitabh/balki), telugu (balakrishna,jagapathy), kannada (sivrajkumar,chaitanya).

But in Tamil, it is not the case and i guess it is mostly to do with the attitude of the current stars and not because of raja's attitude.

Another Shocker from Raja today.....
there was an ad about a new movie...Kalaignanin Kadhal...by VeluPrabhakaran..with himself starring in it..music by IR.

nitu_krishnan
8th October 2010, 03:51 PM
I personally want him to quit or reduce composing for movies and start making albums. The standard of TFM has gone down. Movies like madrasapattinam or nadodigal or angadi theru are rare. They come once in a blue moon. Rest are garbage. even in the 80's and 90's his music was much ahead of its times. Its even worse now...

app_engine
8th October 2010, 06:34 PM
From the MGR thread in TF section :

http://ithayakkani.com/PDF/September.pdf

Moderator, pls upload the photo on page 3. IR fans will lap it up :D

Interesting picture in this mag - IR greeting MGR :-)

Sanjeevi
8th October 2010, 06:47 PM
From the MGR thread in TF section :

http://ithayakkani.com/PDF/September.pdf

Moderator, pls upload the photo on page 3. IR fans will lap it up :D

Interesting picture in this mag - IR greeting MGR :-)

aahaa

can we get the recorded song to listen?

raagas
8th October 2010, 06:55 PM
Another Shocker from Raja today.....
there was an ad about a new movie...Kalaignanin Kadhal...by VeluPrabhakaran..with himself starring in it..music by IR.

Is he the same kadhal kathai guy? Oh no!! Not again!! :-(

kameshratnam
9th October 2010, 07:37 AM
It does not stop here . He doing music for the next film for the director of the epic movie Dhanam...EKSI

MumbaiRamki
9th October 2010, 09:18 AM
Kamesh
Dhanam - Not a bad movie , but pretty boring one !
But it had superb BGMs ....

Saagar
10th October 2010, 09:02 AM
There's a trailer of a new hindi film Dus Tola , with credits mentioning as lyrics Gulzar , Direction Ajoy (Guess its the same SRK person).. but music is credited to Sandesh Shandilya. The film seems to be for release ahead of SRK. Wonder what happened to SRK!

K
10th October 2010, 08:43 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/10/10-goutham-menon-picks-amy-trisha-role-vtv.html

இதற்கிடையே, சமீபத்தில் தான் தயாரிக்கும் அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை படத்துக்கு இளையராஜா இசையில் வந்திருக்கும் பாடல்களைக் கேட்டு, சிலிர்த்துப் போனாராம் கவுதம்.

இசையில் அவரோட டச்சே தனி என்றாராம் படத்தின் இயக்குநர் சுசீந்திரனிடம்

njv
11th October 2010, 07:14 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/10/10-goutham-menon-picks-amy-trisha-role-vtv.html

இதற்கிடையே, சமீபத்தில் தான் தயாரிக்கும் அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை படத்துக்கு இளையராஜா இசையில் வந்திருக்கும் பாடல்களைக் கேட்டு, சிலிர்த்துப் போனாராம் கவுதம்.

இசையில் அவரோட டச்சே தனி என்றாராம் படத்தின் இயக்குநர் சுசீந்திரனிடம்

I have never seen anyone coming out of preview show and said a bad review. Ippadi solli solliye veruppetharaanunga.

I dont have any expectation unless he partners with Kamal or Bala.

complicateur
11th October 2010, 04:56 PM
It would be a significant error on my part if I did not record somewhere on this forum that I was in Raaja's house yesterday, attending his annual Kolu concert by Sriram Parthasarathy. Met and conversed briefly Karthik Raaja, who is incredibly affable, on what is being done to preserve the man's discography.
Of course maintained a safe distance from the man himself, lest the dialog "neeyum naanum ennadaa pEsikkirathu" came into play.

MumbaiRamki
11th October 2010, 05:31 PM
complicateur,
Thats nice :) - atlast one soul to say that 'my man' KR is affable :)

rajasaranam
11th October 2010, 05:32 PM
But it had superb BGMs ....

This is over hype :) Raaja was dumbstruck seeing this movie I believe! Even Maayakkannadi had some great moments, but this film & later Valmiki, Mathiya chennai all lacked moments which needed Raaja's score, Hence he was silent for most of the parts was my observation :|

rajasaranam
11th October 2010, 05:40 PM
[tscii:9b83551984]நாஞ்சில் நாடன் தளத்தில் (http://nanjilnadan.wordpress.com/2010/08/18/aarya%E2%80%99s-new-idea-for-%E2%80%98padithurai%E2%80%99/#comment-60) இருந்து

அன்புடையீர்,

‘படித்துறை’ திரைப்படத்தின் திரைக்கதைக்கும் ‘எட்டுத் திக்கும் மதயானை’ நாவலுக்கும் தொடர்பில்லை. அதே சமயம், ’படித்துறை’ திரைப்படத்தில் நாஞ்சில் நாடன் அவர்கள் ஒரு பாடல் எழுதியுள்ள செய்தி உண்மைதான் என்பதையும், ‘எட்டுத்திக்கும் மதயானை’ நாவலை திரைப்படமாக எடுக்கும் திட்டம் எனக்கு இருக்கிறது என்பதையும் நாஞ்சில் நாடன் அவர்களின் வாசகர்களுக்குத் தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறேன்.

நன்றி.

சுகா

படத்தை பற்றி ஒரு கேள்வி எழுப்பி உள்ளேன் பார்க்கலாம் பதில் வருகிறதா என்று! [/tscii:9b83551984]

rajasaranam
11th October 2010, 05:45 PM
somebody came and deleted a Duplicate thread created by me as requested, why didnt that person make this thread Stick and the other thread unstick? :roll:

rajasaranam
11th October 2010, 06:25 PM
A fitting Tribute to one of the greatest singers of all time.
http://venuvanamsuka.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post.html

suresh
11th October 2010, 07:43 PM
சரவணன் அவர்களே,
உங்கள் தொலைபேசி எண்ணை தவற விட்டு விட்டேன். ஓரு PM தயவு பண்ணி...

அன்புடன்
சுரேஷ்

Sureshs65
12th October 2010, 04:30 PM
Compli,

I heard the golu concerts are 'everyone is invited' style. If true, one reason to be in Chennai during Navaratri time. As you say, we need to keep a safe distance from the man himself :)

AravindMano
12th October 2010, 05:54 PM
Shaji N Karun on his film with Raja (http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/oct/12/slide-show-1-south-shaji-n-karun-to-shoot-m-f-hussains-film.htm)

"Music is an integral part of the film, and Ilayaraja is going to score the music. We are planning an operatic form of music and will record it in Vienna. We will start shooting only after the music is ready as music is like a character in the film. There is a conflict between the real and the unreal in the film," says Shaji.

raagas
12th October 2010, 06:20 PM
Shaji N Karun on his film with Raja (http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/oct/12/slide-show-1-south-shaji-n-karun-to-shoot-m-f-hussains-film.htm)

"Music is an integral part of the film, and Ilayaraja is going to score the music. We are planning an operatic form of music and will record it in Vienna. We will start shooting only after the music is ready as music is like a character in the film. There is a conflict between the real and the unreal in the film," says Shaji.

So Ilayaraja will be actually saying "Mozart I Love You", in Vienna :-)

krish244
12th October 2010, 11:15 PM

So Ilayaraja will be actually saying "Mozart I Love You", in Vienna :-)

"Shaji will be off to Ladakh to shoot his next film in Hindi. The film is based on noted Malayalam short story writer T Padmanabhan's story Kadal (Sea) but the film is titled Gaadha (Legend). It is the story of a Keralite who marries a woman who has not seen the sea.

The film will star Mohanlal in the lead. When Shaji N Karun and Mohanlal came together in Vaanaprastham, it was sheer magic. This time also, we expect an extraordinary film from them. "

Really glad to know the the music will be operatic kind and will be recorded in Vienna.

The movie is being made in Hindi?? I dont really understand how the storyline and Mohanlal as hero (in Hindi) will be of good reach to North Indian audience.

thanks,

Krishnan

Sureshs65
12th October 2010, 11:22 PM
If you can understand Telugu, here is a nice interview with director Vamsi, who was one Raja's favourites. Also gives some insight into Raja's personality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKW5Bp3kIhk

complicateur
13th October 2010, 12:03 PM
Suresh,
The concerts are quite open to the public but space is limited and the person needs to look presentable I guess. He gets very finicky if he believes the media is involved, but a number of his Murugesan Street neighbors turn up to listen to the music. The food served afterwards was doubly brilliant.

thumburu
13th October 2010, 01:34 PM
[quote="complicateur"]Suresh,
The concerts are quite open to the public but space is limited and the person needs to look presentable I guess. He gets very finicky if he believes the media is involved, but a number of his Murugesan Street neighbors turn up to listen to the music. The food served afterwards was doubly brilliant.[/quote
Having the fortune of a double treat [music + meals], we expect more inside info from you sir. Who all participated in the kutcheris? How was the quality of the programme? Did Raja and his clan sing? Does Raja have any say on the kruthis being sung? Were there any bhajans/slokas recited alongside? How was the kolu [ I mean the kolu bommai/padi details plz] . Were the ladies given haldi-kumkum thaamboolam? Questions galore!!!

raagas
13th October 2010, 04:34 PM
Usually the likes of Sudha Raghunathan, Bombay Jayashree, Sowmya etc (not just female singers, but may be male singers too such as Unnikrishnan etc) sing in those kacheris. I dont know if IR also sings.

Lucky you Suresh. Seriously, you are damn lucky...

complicateur
13th October 2010, 06:05 PM
Thumburu,
I've heard that it is often a group exercise with multiple singers. But this time it was only Sriram Parthasarathy. In fact the only reason I got to go was because I knew someone in Sriram's extended family.

It was a full Carnatic KachchEri format. He started off with Sidhdhi Vinayakam Anisham and sang for at least two hours with at least 8-9 pieces not including the MangaLam. The highlights were:
1. A hindustani based alaapanai in a raagam that sounded quite close to BhoopaLam (I think it is some TOdi in Hindustani). Raaja spoke a few words with Sriram before the rendition. I like to think he asked him for an aalaap in the Hindustani style. Sriram did a great job if it was impromptu - lovely vocal range. I think at many levels Raaja does this as it enables the influx of new musical ideas.

2. A Meera bhajan in Malkauns, I think, that was absolutely exquisite and then a Madhyamavathi that he sang prior to the MangaLam in Sowrashtram. Was slightly teary eyed. Very good.

3. The highlight of course was a remastered Janani Janani in Reeti Gowlai. He sang just the Pallavi in a Ragamalika. I couldnt help but chuckle when I heard it. So much for Raaja being a "stickler" about his compositions and all that.

Of course there were ThAmbUlap Pais and all that and a large multilevel Kolu with a profusion of PillayArs. There is one marble pilayar in the hall where the concert was that had its own little chair and marble cushion. Very cute!

app_engine
14th October 2010, 12:24 AM
To what extent the likes of manushya puthran go (http://vijaymahendran.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post_12.html)

ஜெயமோகன் தலைமையில் இளையராஜா ரசிகர்கள் ஷாஜியை கேரோ செய்யபோகிறார்கள்...என்றாராம்..எனக்கு அடி விழலாம் எனவே நான் வரமாட்டேன் ...என்று என்னிடம் பதற்றத்துடன் கூறியதாகவும்..ஒருமணி நேரம் கழித்து அவருக்கு வரிசையாக போன்கள் அவர் நினைத்தபடி வந்ததாகவும் குறிப்பிட்டு இருக்கிறார்.

kid-glove
14th October 2010, 12:38 AM

Great news doctor!

venkkiram
14th October 2010, 08:47 AM
It was a full Carnatic KachchEri format. எப்படியிருந்த ராஜா கடைசி காலத்தில் இப்படி கர்நாடக சங்கீத கூட்டத்திற்கு(இசைக்கு) சரணாகதி ஆகிவிட்டாரே என்ற ஆதங்கம் எனக்கு இருக்கிறது. அப்போ நாட்டுப்புற இசையெல்லாம்..! தனது வாழ்க்கைப் பயணத்தில் ஆதார ஒன்றாக உருவாகியது ஓரிடம்.. கடைசியில் சரணாகதி அடைந்தது இன்னொரு இடம். கிளைகளே வேர்களாக மாறிய மரமாக ராஜாவைக் காண்கிறேன். Paradigm Shift.

complicateur
14th October 2010, 10:03 AM
சங்கீதத்திற்கு ஆதாரம் வகை அல்ல ஸ்வரம். அது எந்த பாணியிலிருந்து வந்தால் என்ன? One would hardly have a folk song concert for a religious function would one? Idam poruL Eval ellAm irukku illayA!

krish244
14th October 2010, 11:59 AM
IR to be brand ambassador for Malabar Gold.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/oct-10-03/ilayaraja-14-10-10.html

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
14th October 2010, 12:19 PM
சங்கீதத்திற்கு ஆதாரம் வகை அல்ல ஸ்வரம். அது எந்த பாணியிலிருந்து வந்தால் என்ன? One would hardly have a folk song concert for a religious function would one? Idam poruL Eval ellAm irukku illayA!

Nuovo Casteismo :D
மற்றபடி தமிழகம் முழுக்க மத விழாக்களில்/திருவிழாக்களில் நாட்டார் இசை தானே இசைக்கப்பட்டு கொண்டிருக்கிறது! அவ்வகை இசை சிலருக்கு தீண்டபடாத இசையாக கருதப்பட்டமையால் கொலு போன்ற மத விழாக்களில் விலக்கி வைக்கப்பட்டது என்பது வரலாறு. இதற்க்கு வகை ஸ்வரம் என்றெல்லாம் சொல்லி சப்பைக்கட்டு கட்ட முடியாது.

அதே சமயத்தில் ராஜா தனது தனிப்பட்ட வாழ்வில் எந்த வகையான விழுமியங்களை ஏற்று கொண்டிருக்கிறார் என்பதை கண்கொத்தி பாம்பாக கவனிப்பதை நிறுத்தி கொண்டு அவர் இசையில் இந்த சனாதான மரபுகளை எப்படி தகர்த்து எறிந்து இருக்கிறார் என்பதை கூர்மையாக கவனித்தால் அவரை ஒரு பெரும் கலகக்காரராகவே புரிந்து கொள்ள முடியும்.

கொலு வைப்பதே அவர் மரபில் இல்லாத ஒன்றாக இருக்கும் பொழுது அவர் கொலு வைத்து கடவுளை வழிபடுவதை ஏற்று கொண்டால் அதில் கருநாடக சங்கீதம் புகுந்ததன் காரணத்தையும் புரிந்து கொள்ள முடியும். சாதியை எதிர்ப்பதாக கூறி கொண்டே சாதி பார்த்து தன பிள்ளைகளுக்கு திருமணம் முடிக்கும் கவிஞர்களை விட ராஜா நேர்மையாகவே இருக்கிறார் தனி வாழ்விலும் பொது வாழ்விலும்.

ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் ஆண்டு மரபுகளை புனிதங்களை தன இசையாலேயே உடைத்து கடந்து மீறி செல்லும் அவரது பங்களிப்பு இது போன்ற நிகழ்வுகளால் சிறுமை பட்டு ஒன்றும் போய் விடாது.

complicateur
14th October 2010, 12:36 PM
RajasaraNam,
I agree in large part with what you said. Valid point in that 'folk music' does constitute religious functions in the larger paradigm. Gross error on my part. I should've been specific as you say that it was the tradition of Golu that invited the Carnatic bent rather than the 'religious' nature of the occasion. Even then the argument doesnt hold up very well. As I mentioned I've heard earlier years other genres had their place as well. It was a reaction post to venkkiram's strawman argument and not well thought out at all.

Addendum (from a few hours later):
Now this is stuck in my craw and disturbing my peace. A lack of real familiarity with 'nAttAr paadalgaL' probably resulted in that reaction. Paint a prayer setting and my immediate instinct is to give the soundscape a classical overtone. Conditioning is a strange strange beast.

Plum
14th October 2010, 01:31 PM
RS, very well thought out post. One can see the difference between the genuineness of your concern, and the mere surface scratching sensationalist bent of others saying the same matter :-)

raagas
14th October 2010, 01:46 PM
Happi releasing on Dec 24th: http://in.bookmyshow.com/movies/Happi/ET00004311

And going by the release, I'm expecting the audio to be out in Nov 1st week or so.

thumburu
14th October 2010, 02:57 PM
Thank you complicateur . "Janani janani" in Reethigowlai! seems very interesting.
Venkikram, its my feeling that folk music is not isolated from carnatic music. I can say vehemently that almost all the folk songs composed by Raaja are raaga based. Sample : "madhura mari kozhundhu vaasam" in MMG ,"soLam vedhakkayile" is Madhyamavathi scale . These days, even carnatic vidhwans make it a point to include a tamil folk song in their milieu. Sample "vaLLi kuravan perai" in lovelyy Senchurutti raaga. It is only these politicians with vested interests who create a wedge not only in the minds but also in music. Let us not succumb to that

rajasaranam
14th October 2010, 03:19 PM
As I mentioned I've heard earlier years other genres had their place as well.

நான் கேள்விபட்டவரையிலும் கூட மற்ற இசை வகைகள் அவர் வீட்டு கொலுவின் பொழுது இசைக்க பட்டிருக்கின்றன. அப்படியே அவை இசைக்கபட்டதில்லை எனினும், அது மரபு வகை பழக்கத்தின்பாறப்பட்டதகவே தெரிகிறதே தவிர, அவர் மனதை பொறுத்த வரை நாட்டார் இசை விலக்கப்பட்ட இசை எனும் எண்ணத்தில் இருக்காது.

Now this is stuck in my craw and disturbing my peace. A lack of real familiarity with 'nAttAr paadalgaL' probably resulted in that reaction. Paint a prayer setting and my immediate instinct is to give the soundscape a classical overtone. Conditioning is a strange strange beast.
:) பதில் அல்ல ஒரு கருத்து: பம்பையும் உறுமியும் தவிலும் நாயனமும் முழங்க, சாமியாடுதலும், கெடா வெட்டும், உக்கிரமான வீரபத்ரனும், காளியுமாக, அந்த கொண்டாட்ட மனநிலையில் தான் மெய்யான தெய்வங்கள் உலவும். கடவுள் என்பது மக்களுக்கு நெருக்கமாய் இருக்க வேண்டும். எங்கோ நம்மில் இருந்து தள்ளி போன கடவுளருக்குதான் இது போல் 'செவ்வியல்' சேவை தேவை படுகிறது. கடவுளை மறுத்தாலும் சிவனும் அம்மனும் எனக்கு நெருக்கமாய் தெரிவது இதனால் தான் :)

RS, very well thought out post. One can see the difference between the genuineness of your concern, and the mere surface scratching sensationalist bent of others saying the same matter :-)

மேலும்,

கருநாடக(தமிழ்)இசை மீதான எதிர்ப்பு உணர்வை ராஜாவின் இசை வெகுவாய் தனித்து விட்டது என்பதுவும் ஒரு காரணம். அதற்கான வரலாற்று தேவை முடிந்து போனதாய் நான் நினைப்பதுவும் மற்றொரு காரணம். ஜனநாயகமாக்கப்பட்ட இன்றைய சூழலில் இவ்விசை வகையினை கை கொள்வதுவும் முறைபடுத்துவதுவும் சிறந்த வழிகளாய் இருக்கும் என படுகிறது, எதிர்ப்பதை விட. அதற்கும் சில எதிர்ப்புகள் இருக்கும் தான், அதை அடுததடுத்த தலைமுறைகள் கடந்து விடும் என்பது துல்லியமாய் தெரிகிறது.

எஸ்.எஸ். சந்திரன் இறந்த செய்தி கேட்டு பயந்து கொண்டிருந்தேன் இங்கு யாரவது வந்து ராஜா அந்த சாவு வீட்டுக்கு போனாரா என கேட்க போகிறார்கள் என்று. நல்ல வேலை அப்படி எதுவும் நடக்கவில்லை என்பதால் நிம்மதி அடைந்தேன். :த :D

jaiganes
14th October 2010, 03:28 PM
As I mentioned I've heard earlier years other genres had their place as well.

நான் கேள்விபட்டவரையிலும் கூட மற்ற இசை வகைகள் அவர் வீட்டு கொலுவின் பொழுது இசைக்க பட்டிருக்கின்றன. அப்படியே அவை இசைக்கபட்டதில்லை எனினும், அது மரபு வகை பழக்கத்தின்பாறப்பட்டதகவே தெரிகிறதே தவிர, அவர் மனதை பொறுத்த வரை நாட்டார் இசை விலக்கப்பட்ட இசை எனும் எண்ணத்தில் இருக்காது.

:) பதில் அல்ல ஒரு கருத்து: பம்பையும் உறுமியும் தவிலும் நாயனமும் முழங்க, சாமியாடுதலும், கெடா வெட்டும், உக்கிரமான வீரபத்ரனும், காளியுமாக, அந்த கொண்டாட்ட மனநிலையில் தான் மெய்யான தெய்வங்கள் உலவும். கடவுள் என்பது மக்களுக்கு நெருக்கமாய் இருக்க வேண்டும். எங்கோ நம்மில் இருந்து தள்ளி போன கடவுளருக்குதான் இது போல் 'செவ்வியல்' சேவை தேவை படுகிறது. கடவுளை மறுத்தாலும் சிவனும் அம்மனும் எனக்கு நெருக்கமாய் தெரிவது இதனால் தான் :)

மேலும்,

கருநாடக(தமிழ்)இசை மீதான எதிர்ப்பு உணர்வை ராஜாவின் இசை வெகுவாய் தனித்து விட்டது என்பதுவும் ஒரு காரணம். அதற்கான வரலாற்று தேவை முடிந்து போனதாய் நான் நினைப்பதுவும் மற்றொரு காரணம். ஜனநாயகமாக்கப்பட்ட இன்றைய சூழலில் இவ்விசை வகையினை கை கொள்வதுவும் முறைபடுத்துவதுவும் சிறந்த வழிகளாய் இருக்கும் என படுகிறது, எதிர்ப்பதை விட. அதற்கும் சில எதிர்ப்புகள் இருக்கும் தான், அதை அடுததடுத்த தலைமுறைகள் கடந்து விடும் என்பது துல்லியமாய் தெரிகிறது.

எஸ்.எஸ். சந்திரன் இறந்த செய்தி கேட்டு பயந்து கொண்டிருந்தேன் இங்கு யாரவது வந்து ராஜா அந்த சாவு வீட்டுக்கு போனாரா என கேட்க போகிறார்கள் என்று. நல்ல வேலை அப்படி எதுவும் நடக்கவில்லை என்பதால் நிம்மதி அடைந்தேன். :த :D
Ilaiyaraaja is a gnani. among the paths in hinduism offered to everyone, he has chosen the most difficult path of knowledge. He will be criticized for his actions by people who cannot understand his chosen path. It is only natural for dogs to bark when a man walks on an empty street.

rajasaranam
14th October 2010, 03:28 PM
It is only these politicians with vested interests who create a wedge not only in the minds but also in music. Let us not succumb to that

இதுவும் ஒரு வகைப்பட்ட குறைபுரிதல்தான். யாருக்கும் இங்கு பிரச்சனைகளை உருவாக்கும் அளவுக்கு திறன் இல்லை. இருக்கும் பிரச்சனைகளை ஊதி பெருக்கி தமக்கு சாதகமாக்கி கொள்கிறார்கள். அரை புரிதல் உள்ள அரசியல்வாதிகளும் இதற்கு பலியாகி மக்களையும் பலியாக்குகின்றனர். பிரச்சனைகளின் வேர் வரை ஆய்ந்து பொசுக்குவதுதான் ஒரே சிறந்த வழி, மேலோட்டமாய் பேசி கொண்டிருப்பதை விட. :)

complicateur
14th October 2010, 04:22 PM
Absolutely.

I think we part ways here. "மெய்யான தெய்வங்கள்" is a discussion for a different forum, so I shall sidestep that. Classical music as we see it today has evolved from the Bhakti movement - its greatest and most adaptable contribution. I've read and heard that the Bhakti movement began as an alternate philosophy to austerity of the Jain and Buddhist philosophies that were largely prevalent at that time. It essentially gave great scope for indulgence. To relegate it to a sort of purely "paramatma-jivatma" duality would be incorrect IMO. நட்டார் இசை கிழத்தனம் என்று கூறுவதும் செவ்வியல் இசை மக்களின் இசை அல்ல என்று நம்புவதும் கிட்டத் தட்ட அதே அபத்தம். The Waltz was after popularized by monied gentry after they heard it being played and gleefully danced to in the fields.

venkkiram
14th October 2010, 04:34 PM
One would hardly have a folk song concert for a religious function would one? Idam poruL Eval ellAm irukku illayA!நான் குறிப்பிட்டு இந்த கொலு நிகழ்ச்சியை குறிப்பிட்டு சொல்லவில்லை. அதனால் கண்ணுக்கு கண், பல்லுக்கு பல் என ஒப்பிடத் தேவையில்லை. வாழ்க்கைப் பாதையில் ஒரு பண்ணைபுரம் திருவையாறாக மொத்தமாக உருமாறிவிட்டதை நினைத்து ஒரு ஆதங்கம். ஒருவகையில் இதுவும் உலகமயமாதலா? தெரியவில்லை.

rajasaranam
14th October 2010, 04:35 PM
காம்ப்ளி,

இந்த திரியின் வரம்புக்கு மீறியது என்பதால், இந்த விவாதத்தை வேறு எங்காவது தான் வைத்து கொள்ள முடியும் டிவிட்டரில் சந்திப்போம். :)

tvsankar
14th October 2010, 04:39 PM
IR ai - Frame il vechu yen pakkareenga.....

puriyalai..... Avaruku endru Edhiri - veru yarum vendam.. Frame il vaithu parkum sila peral dhan..

Frame il vaithum parkum makkalae...

Ungalin adaiyalam enna.. pazhakkam enna.. vazhakkam enna..

Neengal - ungal periyorin murai padi - vaazhgireergala... enna...

ungalukum oru naagarigam, vazhakam ena maatri amaikum podhum

edharku IR ai vimarsanam seiya vendum?

Really - IR romba pavam.. indha madhiri - Frame il vaithu parkum tharunangalil........

rajasaranam
14th October 2010, 04:43 PM
வாழ்க்கைப் பாதையில் ஒரு பண்ணைபுரம் திருவையாறாக மொத்தமாக உருமாறிவிட்டதை நினைத்து ஒரு ஆதங்கம். அப்படி எல்லாம் ஆகி விடவில்லை என்பது அவர் இசையிலேயே தெரிகிறதே அப்புறம் என்ன சந்தேகம்? அவர் பன்னைபுரத்தையும் திருவையாறையும் வியன்னாவையும் சமன்படுத்தி விட்டார் இசையால். இனி கைகுலுக்கி கொள்வது மனிதர்கள் நம் வேலை!

tvsankar
14th October 2010, 04:47 PM
IR in unmaiyana Fan aga iruka ninaithal,

Avarai - Jaadhi enra Frame il vaithu,
parthu, vimarsikum seyalai vidunga pl................

thumburu
14th October 2010, 04:56 PM
One would hardly have a folk song concert for a religious function would one? Idam poruL Eval ellAm irukku illayA!நான் குறிப்பிட்டு இந்த கொலு நிகழ்ச்சியை குறிப்பிட்டு சொல்லவில்லை. அதனால் கண்ணுக்கு கண், பல்லுக்கு பல் என ஒப்பிடத் தேவையில்லை. வாழ்க்கைப் பாதையில் ஒரு பண்ணைபுரம் திருவையாறாக மொத்தமாக உருமாறிவிட்டதை நினைத்து ஒரு ஆதங்கம். ஒருவகையில் இதுவும் உலகமயமாதலா? தெரியவில்லை.

Your moral indignation on "Pannaipuram Thiruvaiyaaru" sangamam is funny indeed when you have absolutely no qualms what so ever with our own chennai boy morphing into the jet setting cincinnati cousin

app_engine
14th October 2010, 10:23 PM
ஒரு பண்ணைபுரம் திருவையாறாக மொத்தமாக உருமாறிவிட்டதை நினைத்து ஒரு ஆதங்கம்.

நல்லவேளை "பண்ணையார்" புரமாகவில்லையே :-)

அவரு அரசியலுக்கெல்லாம் போயிருந்தா எவ்வளவு சோகமா இருந்திருக்கும்? அல்லது பொதுவாக கலைஞர்களைப்பாதிக்கும் 'லாகிரி / குடி / மாது'ன்னெல்லாம் சீரழிஞ்சிருந்தா எப்படி இருந்திருக்கும்?

ரஹ்மானே சொல்லீட்டாரு இந்த விஷயங்களில் ராசா ரோல் மாடல்'னு :-)

பல பிரபலங்களை ஒப்பிட்டுப்பார்க்கையில் ராசாவின் ஆன்மீகத்தேடல்களால் (அல்லது தேடாமையால் அல்லது எதிர்மறையால் அல்லது குழப்பத்தால்) பொதுமக்கள் - அவரது இசைப்பிரியர்கள் உட்பட - அடையும் பாதிப்பு கிட்டத்தட்ட ஒன்றுமே இல்லை என்று சொல்லலாம்!

இன்னொரு பக்கம் பார்த்தால், அவரது இசை, ஒட்டு மொத்தத்தில் சமூகத்துக்கு நிறைய சாதகங்கள் செய்திருப்பது தெரியாததல்ல! :-)

nitu_krishnan
14th October 2010, 11:26 PM
I dont understand something..Why would people want to know why X did this or Y did that ? IR veetla golu vacha enna ? illa ....aadu vetti biriyani panna enna ? . Do we have a right for an explanation. Too much speculations and assumptions eventually lead to conclusions which MIGHT be far away from reality. Why IR wishes to celeberate Navarathri is best known to him. And...Carnatic music is not something that is NOT a part of Indian music.

Guys ..go get a life....vitta... avar en kalaila gramathu kali sapdaama ..city idli sapdararu-nu kappeenga pola irukku.. ...

app_engine
14th October 2010, 11:28 PM
Guys ..go get a life....vitta... avar en kalaila gramathu kali sapdaama ..city idli sapdararu-nu kappeenga pola irukku.. ...

:lol:

:clap:

tvsankar
14th October 2010, 11:49 PM
I dont understand something..Why would people want to know why X did this or Y did that ? IR veetla golu vacha enna ? illa ....aadu vetti biriyani panna enna ? . Do we have a right for an explanation. Too much speculations and assumptions eventually lead to conclusions which MIGHT be far away from reality. Why IR wishes to celeberate Navarathri is best known to him. And...Carnatic music is not something that is NOT a part of Indian music.

apdi kaekaravanai yaru.. enga irukan.. enna seiyaran nu

oru kelvi kaeta - kaetavan culture enna .. adha avan follow panrana nu theriyanam...

apo dhan - IR ai patri ketka avanuku rights iruku......

nitu_krishnan
15th October 2010, 12:02 AM

apdi kaekaravanai yaru.. enga irukan.. enna seiyaran nu

oru kelvi kaeta - kaetavan culture enna .. adha avan follow panrana nu theriyanam...

apo dhan - IR ai patri ketka avanuku rights iruku......

absolutely....

when the whole city and temples are vibrating with amman songs for navarathri....IR, being a theevira mookambikai bhaktar wishes to celeberate it in his house in his own way. Isai gyani veetla isai illama eppadi .....

May i ask these people one thing? oru gramathula aadi maasam koozh oothum bothu ..why is that you dont think about carnatic kutcheries...? adhe mathiri than ithuvum...

tvsankar
15th October 2010, 12:06 AM
adhan solren....

IR ai - Frame pannadheenga nu..........

IR mel akkarai , affection gara perla

Oru Mask vechitu,

IR ai kashta padutharanga.....

jaiganes
15th October 2010, 12:43 AM
adhan solren....

IR ai - Frame pannadheenga nu..........

IR mel akkarai , affection gara perla

Oru Mask vechitu,

IR ai kashta padutharanga.....

allov IRa yaaru kashtapaduthunaa?
indha forumla irukkara nammalathaan kashtapadutharaangappa.

to parahrase gounder
ore kushtamappa!!

tvsankar
15th October 2010, 12:57 AM
jaiganes,
yes . i know....

Dhairiyam irundha Direct a sandaiku varadhu dhanae...

edhuku - anavasiyama.. IR thread la. IR fan gara perla

IR ai pathi solra madhiri

edho sollil....... ( edho enna.. jaadhiyai pathi than.... )

Vedham pudhidhu - padathula varumae,

andha boy solvan - Sathiyaraj kite......

Beautiful Dialouges...

Per enna - Balu Devar

like tat..

andha boy last la solvan...

Naan karai yeriten.. neenga inum yeralai nu....

jaadhiyai vidama pidichuikitu, artham thedi,

nimmaidya irukama,

enna gunam idhu?

adhanala dhan avan avan - jaadhi arasiyal nadatharan...

Nyayam kedachadha?

edhu prob?

edhu nalla gunam?

edhu nalla vazhakkam?

inum kathukalaiya.................

romba kashtam....................

NormalMan
15th October 2010, 01:21 AM
** Request for all **
Please do not type Tamil in English. Its very annoying. Would be great if you all can use the Google Tamil typepad

http://www.google.com/transliterate/

prashanth12
15th October 2010, 03:55 AM
How long does this topic need be rehashed?
IR is not a messiah or activist for whatever agenda people have projected onto him.
If he wants to celebrate in his way, live with it.

Sureshs65
15th October 2010, 07:25 AM
எப்படியிருந்த ராஜா கடைசி காலத்தில் இப்படி கர்நாடக சங்கீத கூட்டத்திற்கு(இசைக்கு) சரணாகதி ஆகிவிட்டாரே என்ற ஆதங்கம் எனக்கு இருக்கிறது

ஏதோ ஒரு கலைக்கு தலைவணங்குவது (கர்நாடக சங்கீதமாக இருந்தாலும்), 'கலைஞருக்கு' தலைவணங்குவதைவிட மேல். அப்படி புகழ் பாடிகொண்டிருக்கும் கவிஞர்களை பார்க்கும்பொழுது ராஜா ஒன்றும் அப்படி மாறிவிடவில்லை என்றே தோன்றுகிறது :lol:

Sureshs65
15th October 2010, 07:29 AM
RS / Compli,

Nice discussion but too tied up in the job to take up anything, except a few tweets, till early next week. Will meet in the link which RS has sent in twitter.

Sanjeevi
15th October 2010, 03:27 PM
எப்படியிருந்த ராஜா கடைசி காலத்தில் இப்படி கர்நாடக சங்கீத கூட்டத்திற்கு(இசைக்கு) சரணாகதி ஆகிவிட்டாரே என்ற ஆதங்கம் எனக்கு இருக்கிறது

ஏதோ ஒரு கலைக்கு தலைவணங்குவது (கர்நாடக சங்கீதமாக இருந்தாலும்), 'கலைஞருக்கு' தலைவணங்குவதைவிட மேல். அப்படி புகழ் பாடிகொண்டிருக்கும் கவிஞர்களை பார்க்கும்பொழுது ராஜா ஒன்றும் அப்படி மாறிவிடவில்லை என்றே தோன்றுகிறது :lol:

சாதியை எதிர்ப்பதாக கூறி கொண்டே சாதி பார்த்து தன பிள்ளைகளுக்கு திருமணம் முடிக்கும் கவிஞர்களை விட ராஜா நேர்மையாகவே இருக்கிறார் தனி வாழ்விலும் பொது வாழ்விலும்

Ithellam Venkiram vasathiya ignore panniduvaru :lol:

Sanjeevi
15th October 2010, 03:32 PM

:clap:

redumE sutha tamizh food thanE, ithulayum politics panniduvanungalA :lol:

Plum
15th October 2010, 04:19 PM
ஏதோ ஒரு கலைக்கு தலைவணங்குவது (கர்நாடக சங்கீதமாக இருந்தாலும்), 'கலைஞருக்கு' தலைவணங்குவதைவிட மேல்

Suresh, nAn ungaLa ennamO nenaichEn - bayangara Political punchlAm vechu pEsaRInga :shock: :)

app_engine
15th October 2010, 04:32 PM
Actually, in that angle, IR is neither 'vaNangA mudi' nor 'kAlil vizhu' type. He has worked with TV channels of rival parties (Jaya & Kalaignar) and Cong / Vaiko were in the TbI function, wrote meesic for mu-kA films as well as RMV. Though once allegedly had an outburst connected with a JJ function (and possibly paid heavily for it many years), he made up with that Chennai Jaya TV concert.

He is as apolitical / as indifferent as an artist can be, IMO.

vel
15th October 2010, 06:16 PM

சாதியை எதிர்ப்பதாக கூறி கொண்டே சாதி பார்த்து தன பிள்ளைகளுக்கு திருமணம் முடிக்கும் கவிஞர்களை விட ராஜா நேர்மையாகவே இருக்கிறார் தனி வாழ்விலும் பொது வாழ்விலும்

Ithellam Venkiram vasathiya ignore panniduvaru :lol:

ராஜாவின் ஈகோ பற்றி பேசும் பெரும்பாலானோரின் ஆழ் மனதில் இருக்கும் நிஜமான வெறுப்பு நிற வெறி தான். ஆள் மனதில் ஊறி போன இந்த வக்கிரத்தை, வெகு சாமர்த்தியமான, கள்ளத்தனமான, போலி கவலையோடு இப்படி சுகமாக சொறிந்து கொள்கிறார்கள் சிலர். ராஜா இந்த மொழி இன மத பாகுபாட்டெல்லாம் உயரிய இசையால் கடந்தவர். அவரை அந்த வட்டத்துக்குள் பார்ப்பவன் அறிவிலி. Time to grow up people.

tvsankar
15th October 2010, 06:20 PM
ந்ம் பாரதியை போல....

பாரதி - யாருக்கும் தலை வணங்கவில்லை.

தன்னுடைய சமூக்ததிலும் - அவர்களைப் போல வாழவில்லை...

சுதந்திரப் போராட்டத்திலும் - தனியாக, தன் வழி என இருந்து இருக்கார்.

ஆனால் - அவருக்கென ஒரு கொள்கை.. அவருக்கென ஒரு வழி

இளையராஜா - இதைப் போல தான் இருக்கிரார்......

பாரதியைப் போல, இவருக்கும் கஷ்டம்.............
கண்டுகொள்ளப்படவில்லை.

Sureshs65
15th October 2010, 08:07 PM
Plum,

I really don't want to get political. Just thought it was appropriate here :D

app_eng,

What you say of Raja is very true.

Fliflo
15th October 2010, 10:56 PM
மங்காத்தாவில் இணையும் துருவங்கள் -இளையராஜா வைரமுத்து

http://cinema.nakkheeran.in/Talkies.aspx?T=670

app_engine
15th October 2010, 11:13 PM

இப்போத்தான் கொஞ்சநாழிக்கு முன்னாடி "தலை வணங்கல்" பத்திப்பேசி முடிச்சோம். உடனே "ஃப்ண்ட்" வந்திருச்சே :roll:

(fund's tranlation is nidhi)

krish244
16th October 2010, 08:42 AM

Indeed raises curiosity when these two unite in whatever form. Is this the first time Vairamuthu is working with any of IR's kids? I don't remember any earlier instances. Only his name appears in the poster. Is he the sole lyricist?

thanks,

Krishnan

MumbaiRamki
16th October 2010, 09:46 AM
Yuvan would have worked with vairamuthu in Dheena ,but IR family refused at that point of time. This development is interesting !
The official poster, although doesn't say anything abt lyrics

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Venkat-Prabhu/32233644327#!/photo.php?fbid=477859834327&set=a.464907654327.275042.32233644327

krish244
16th October 2010, 04:59 PM
MumbaiRamki, check the (2nd image) poster in link (nakkeran) posted by Fliflo. It says Vairamuthu in that poster.

thanks,

Krishnan

NagaS
17th October 2010, 08:51 AM
Yuvan would have worked with vairamuthu in Dheena ,but IR family refused at that point of time. This development is interesting !

I guess this nakkeeran post is purely based on some fan-created-posters. Vairamuthu's son Madhankarky confirmed in twitter that Vairamuthu is not part of Mangatha team.

By the way, பல இணைய தளங்கள் இதுபோல் டுபாக்கூர் செய்திகளை உருவாக்கிப் பரப்புகிறார்கள். உஷார் :)

NagaS

Fliflo
17th October 2010, 09:06 AM
Various Mangatha posters. VM seems to be part of the team.

http://www.stillsindia.com/2010/08/ajith-mangatha-poster.html

:roll:

NagaS
17th October 2010, 01:17 PM
Various Mangatha posters. VM seems to be part of the team.

http://www.stillsindia.com/2010/08/ajith-mangatha-poster.html

:roll:

:) One poster says cameraman is Neerav Shah, Another poster says Shakthi Saravanan - I would still wait till some official announcement comes :)

NagaS

Sanjeevi
17th October 2010, 07:26 PM
<dig>

http://news.oneindia.in/2010/10/16/ar-rahman-apologises-for-disappointing-cwg-tune.html

thinking what it would be if IR would have been in this scene. :yessir:

</dig>

crvenky
18th October 2010, 09:34 AM
Chennai Oct 15 (PTI) Kerala-based Malabar Gold today announced popular music director Ilayaraja as their brand ambassador as the company seeks to expand its network in Tamil Nadu. Speaking on his first association with such a commercial venture, Ilayaraja said he had accepted to endorse the brand not for money but after coming to know of the various corporate social responsibilities of Malabar Group. He went down memory lane and became emotional when he recalled that his sister had to sell her golden 'Thaali' (Mangal sutra) to pay fees for his school exams.''In that way, gold will never let down anybody and there have been many instances when struggling families have managed to run the show by selling the little gold with them,'' he said. O Asher, Group Executive and spokesperson, Malabar Group, said the company, with its existing outlets at Erode and Salem, had planned to expand to other cities including Chennai, Vellore, Madurai, Nagercoil and Puducherry. The group also planned to foray into Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka besides Delhi, he added.

Photo album here:
http://movies.sulekha.com/stargallery/ilayaraja/events/malabar-gold-announced-isai-gnani-ilaiyaraja/picture/1.htm

http://chennai365.com/gallery/isai-nyaani-ilayaraja-brand-ambassador-of-malabar-gold-stills/

rajasaranam
18th October 2010, 09:44 AM
:) One poster says cameraman is Neerav Shah, Another poster says Shakthi Saravanan - I would still wait till some official announcement comes :)
NagaS

The posters which has curvy Tamil fonts are Official ones which I saw in newpaper Ads. The posters had Vairamuthu's name on it then.

fan_ir
19th October 2010, 03:11 PM
One more report on the Malabar endorsement
www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/24008.html

The Video - Typical IR :roll:

raagas
19th October 2010, 05:10 PM
Dr. Vijay of Ilaiyaraaja yahoogroups writes:

I hope some of you know that Ilaiyaraaja's album on Shirdi Saibaba was released yesterday, by Sony Music. Thanks to Narasimman for telling me about the event.

It looks like Bombay Jayashree, Sriram Parthasarathy, Rahul Nambiar, Bhavatharini and Ilaiyaraaja have sung the songs. The CD is accompanied by another CD having a 52-minute Saibaba Sthothiram recited by Bombay Jayashree, for which also the music is by Ilaiyaraaja.

Any idea whats this album?

kameshratnam
20th October 2010, 08:05 AM
http://ozeeya.com/en/latest-news/3458-maniratnam-not-able-to-convey-his-need-to-vaali

app_engine
21st October 2010, 12:29 AM
mangAththA / YSR connection - Ajith visits IR's home (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/oct-10-04/ajith-ilayaraja-yuvan-shankar-raja-20-10-10.html)

Plum
21st October 2010, 04:36 AM
This is the first time IR is lending voice in an Ajith film

Ullaasam?

kameshratnam
21st October 2010, 07:00 AM
Thodarum was a film which starred Ajith as a hero and IR was the music for the movie

rajasaranam
21st October 2010, 09:56 AM
Thodarum was a film which starred Ajith as a hero and IR was the music for the movie

...and Raaja had sung a song in the movie Thodarum (http://thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00661&lang=en)

Raajavin Paarvaiyile (http://thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00557&lang=en) is the only Ajith-Vijay Combo Starrer for which music was by Raaja. Stunning Songs there!

kameshratnam
21st October 2010, 11:10 AM
There are 10 tracks in the new album " Baba Pugazh malai". Its priced at INR 125

1. Adhi Bhagavan
Sriram Parthasarathy and Chorus

2. Shirdi Naadhanin
Bhavatharini and chorus

3. Inda Kovil Mattum
IR and chorus

4. Vinnaar Amudhey
Janaki Iyer Priya

5 Unnai Kettupar
Sriram Parthasarathy

6 Sharanam Bhava
Rahul

7. Poovaram
IR, Rita, Roshni

8. Baba sai baba
Sriram parthasarathy

9 Sai Naatha
Rita, Roshni Priya , Kits : Lyrics: IR

10 Sai Sri Sai
Bombay Jayashri

All lyrics by Vaali except 9

vigneshram
21st October 2010, 01:14 PM
wow... The track listing looks interesting. R the cds available in chennai stores?
Though i'm not religious, raja's devotional songs are my personal favourites that never go off my playlists. Acc to me, listening to his ramana albums and thiruvasagam is equivalent to meditating for hours.

tvsankar
22nd October 2010, 08:29 PM
Edhirpaaertha IR's interludes from Ravi Adithya

http://raviaditya.blogspot.com/

vanavil
22nd October 2010, 08:44 PM
IR did not turn up to receive the national award for best background score.. any possible reasons?

Fliflo
22nd October 2010, 09:50 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Amitabh-Bachchan-receives-national-award-for-Paa/articleshow/6794381.cms

Namma aal joot vittutaru!

jaiganes
22nd October 2010, 10:08 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Amitabh-Bachchan-receives-national-award-for-Paa/articleshow/6794381.cms

DhooLu!!!
Ineme ellaame Mandaveli Prakash bhavan vadagari dhaan!!!

NormalMan
23rd October 2010, 08:02 AM
Pournami today and you know where he will be. Maybe that's the reason.

kameshratnam
23rd October 2010, 06:10 PM
Baba pugazh malai is a beautiful album and is worth every paisa. It has 10 beautiful songs. Sriram parthasarathy's songs are the pick of the album

the album is by sony music and hence u can get in many places.

NormalMan
23rd October 2010, 08:19 PM

DhooLu!!!
Ineme ellaame Mandaveli Prakash bhavan vadagari dhaan!!!

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/oct-10-04/bharathiraja-gautham-menon-23-10-10.html

Ilayaraja missing

There were 18 music directors who were present in the function. Deva, Dhina, SA Rajkumar, Gangai Amaran, MS Viswanathan, Yuvan Shankar Raja and Karthik Raja were among those present. The notable absentee was Ilayaraja who has held up with other commitments. Sources inform that he was on his way to the stadium straight from Delhi after the National awards ceremony which was held yesterday but could not make it on time,

Fliflo
24th October 2010, 03:48 AM
Inge Vera Kathai..

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/october/231010.asp

நேற்று பவுர்ணமி தினம். திருவண்ணாமலையில் இருந்த இசைஞானி இன்று காலையில் அவசரம் அவசரமாக சென்னை திரும்பியிருக்கிறார்.

jaiganes
24th October 2010, 06:00 AM
எங்கே தேடுவேன்? இசையை எங்கே தேடுவேன்?
என் உயிரை நனைத்து உணர்வை வளர்க்கும்
இசையை எங்கே தேடுவேன்?

தேசிய விருது வாங்கச்சென்றாயோ?
இயக்குனர் சங்க விழாவில் நின்றாயோ?
திருவண்ணாமலையைச்சுற்றி தேய்ந்து வந்தாயோ?
பணம் இல்லாத தயாரிப்பு நிறுவனக்கதையை கேட்டு இசையமைக்கும்

இளையராஜா எனும் இசையை எங்கே தேடுவேன்

கலைவாணர் பாடிய "எங்கே தேடுவேன்" மெட்டில் பாடவும்.

rooky
24th October 2010, 11:20 AM
Raja indeed had attended the function for directors.

Dinakaran had photo of Raja chatting with Rajni in the first row (24th OCtober edition).

crvenky
24th October 2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/october/241010.asp

K
25th October 2010, 03:02 AM
One more report on the Malabar endorsement
www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/24008.html

The Video - Typical IR :roll:

saw the video today, I feel that Welgate(hope all of U know) kitta yemantha mathiri Raja ingayum yemanthutaar.

Plum
25th October 2010, 11:37 AM
Jai, idhukku mEla what do you expect of IR? Let him just be, know.
I am actually done with all my expectations of him - idhukku mElavum enakku edhuvum thEvai illai. I just dont have the energy to go in search of more music from him - irukkaradhai kEkkavE time pathalaibA :(.

K
25th October 2010, 02:54 PM
[tscii:01e02c265e]http://www.envazhi.com/?p=21214

குறிப்பு: நிகழ்ச்சியின் இன்னொரு ஹைலைட் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா – இயக்குநர் பாரதிராஜா நேர்காணல். அதை தனியாக தருகிறோம்!

Awaiting[/tscii:01e02c265e]

Madhanraj
25th October 2010, 03:16 PM
Exactly Plum. We do not have time go thru' his works. Enough is enough. It took 7 days of my (free time) to compile IR Lady Solo and still not COMPLETE. Like this we can still search and search and go on.... He has done more than enough than anybody else in the field. Leave him alone....

sivasub
25th October 2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Pankaj-Kapur-focuses-on-directorial-debut-with-son-Shahid/H1-Article1-616940.aspx

This movie is still not shelved. Let's be hopeful

jaiganes
25th October 2010, 08:26 PM
I am actually done with all my expectations of him - idhukku mElavum enakku edhuvum thEvai illai. I just dont have the energy to go in search of more music from him - irukkaradhai kEkkavE time pathalaibA :(.நான் செய்தது ஒரு பகடி.
ஸீரியஸான விஷயம் எதுவும் அந்தப்பதிவில் இல்லை ஸார்!
நீங்க கொஞ்சம் ஆயிரம் பாடல் இழைக்கு வந்து உங்க பங்களிப்பை அன்பளிப்பா தந்தா நான் கொஞ்சம் ஸந்தோஷப்படுவேன்.

Plum
26th October 2010, 10:56 AM
I am actually done with all my expectations of him - idhukku mElavum enakku edhuvum thEvai illai. I just dont have the energy to go in search of more music from him - irukkaradhai kEkkavE time pathalaibA :(.நான் செய்தது ஒரு பகடி.
நீங்க கொஞ்சம் ஆயிரம் பாடல் இழைக்கு வந்து உங்க பங்களிப்பை அன்பளிப்பா தந்தா நான் கொஞ்சம் ஸந்தோஷப்படுவேன்.Oh enakkE pagadiyA? periya ALu jai nInga :-)

1000 songs listinglAm perusA oNyum contribute paNNa mudiyala Jai. Subjective, objective-nu pala vArthaigaL maNdaiyila varudhu angE vandhAlE. And final-A compile paNdrachE, SA Rajkumarukku oru pAttungarA mAdhiri compromise paNNallAm vENdi vandhA i yam not agree so I am maindaining distance :-)

Sanjeevi
26th October 2010, 12:26 PM
1000 songs listinglAm perusA oNyum contribute paNNa mudiyala Jai. Subjective, objective-nu pala vArthaigaL maNdaiyila varudhu angE vandhAlE. And final-A compile paNdrachE, SA Rajkumarukku oru pAttungarA mAdhiri compromise paNNallAm vENdi vandhA i yam not agree so I am maindaining distance :-)

quota system vachu fill pannura mathiri irukku

jaiganes
26th October 2010, 01:32 PM
நீங்க கொஞ்சம் ஆயிரம் பாடல் இழைக்கு வந்து உங்க பங்களிப்பை அன்பளிப்பா தந்தா நான் கொஞ்சம் ஸந்தோஷப்படுவேன்.Oh enakkE pagadiyA? periya ALu jai nInga :-)

idhu varaikkum SAR paattu onnu kooda listla illai.
however "E pullai karuppaayee" from CPMP finds its place for sure in there..
nyways - just an invitation.
I agree - nammalukku kolgai dhaan mukkyam

Plum
26th October 2010, 03:50 PM
yeah, koLgai dhAn mukkiyam. SAR was just a kuRiyIdu. Proportion vary Agum illaiyA - adhai kUda nammaLAla thAngikka mudiyAdhu - namma solRa 1000 songs oputhikittA dhAn namma varuvom ;-)

Under duress, if I had to choose a SAR album/song, I'd choose ManasukkuL mathAppu and Oh Pon mAnguyil.

kameshratnam
27th October 2010, 06:35 AM
I am surprised that there no reviews for the baba pugazh album

The songs are ringing in my ears ....a very good album

Just put the 2nd cd and u can meditate

Sriram parthasarathy's wonderful rendering of the song

Vaali : wonderful lyrics

K
27th October 2010, 01:42 PM
[tscii:7c7d72be01]http://aatralaithedi.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post_27.html

ரமனா சரணம் சரணம். இது ”இசைஞானி” என உலகம் புகழும் உன்னத கலைஞன் அருணமலை குரு ரமனன் மீது கொண்ட மட்டற்ற அன்பினால் எழுதி இசை அமைத்து படிய பாடல்களின் தொகுப்பு. முற்றிலும் தன் செலவிலேயே இந்த இசை தொகுப்பை தயாரித்து ரமனாஸ்ரமத்திற்க்கு நன்கொடையாக வழங்கியுள்ளார் இளையராஜா. [/tscii:7c7d72be01]

rajasaranam
27th October 2010, 02:22 PM
[tscii:10e4142303]http://aatralaithedi.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post_27.html

ரமனா சரணம் சரணம். இது ”இசைஞானி” என உலகம் புகழும் உன்னத கலைஞன் அருணமலை குரு ரமனன் மீது கொண்ட மட்டற்ற அன்பினால் எழுதி இசை அமைத்து படிய பாடல்களின் தொகுப்பு. முற்றிலும் தன் செலவிலேயே இந்த இசை தொகுப்பை தயாரித்து ரமனாஸ்ரமத்திற்க்கு நன்கொடையாக வழங்கியுள்ளார் இளையராஜா. [/tscii:10e4142303]

என்னது காந்திய சுட்டுட்டாங்களா?

entertainment
27th October 2010, 03:55 PM
[tscii:31dc4c9d88]http://aatralaithedi.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post_27.html

ரமனா சரணம் சரணம். இது ”இசைஞானி” என உலகம் புகழும் உன்னத கலைஞன் அருணமலை குரு ரமனன் மீது கொண்ட மட்டற்ற அன்பினால் எழுதி இசை அமைத்து படிய பாடல்களின் தொகுப்பு. முற்றிலும் தன் செலவிலேயே இந்த இசை தொகுப்பை தயாரித்து ரமனாஸ்ரமத்திற்க்கு நன்கொடையாக வழங்கியுள்ளார் இளையராஜா. [/tscii:31dc4c9d88]

K
27th October 2010, 04:32 PM
[tscii:41d662a3f3]http://aatralaithedi.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post_27.html

ரமனா சரணம் சரணம். இது ”இசைஞானி” என உலகம் புகழும் உன்னத கலைஞன் அருணமலை குரு ரமனன் மீது கொண்ட மட்டற்ற அன்பினால் எழுதி இசை அமைத்து படிய பாடல்களின் தொகுப்பு. முற்றிலும் தன் செலவிலேயே இந்த இசை தொகுப்பை தயாரித்து ரமனாஸ்ரமத்திற்க்கு நன்கொடையாக வழங்கியுள்ளார் இளையராஜா. [/tscii:41d662a3f3]

:omg: :notthatway: that link has a song audio la, so.

MumbaiRamki
27th October 2010, 05:16 PM
WHat happened to the album where Illayaraja was supposed to compose for Ghandhi songs ?

( Namrata ka saagar nu oru paatu vandhuchu .. chance illatha song !)

K
28th October 2010, 02:18 AM
http://truetamilans.blogspot.com/2010/10/40.html

இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவும், பாரதிராஜாவும் தாங்கள் எங்கே முதல்முதலாக சந்தித்துக் கொண்டோம் என்று துவங்கி, பல விஷயங்களை பேசி முடிக்க கூட்டம் கலகலத்துப் போனது. ஆனாலும் இவர்கள் இருவரும் இறுதிவரையில் முகத்தோடு முகம் பார்த்து பேசாமல் இருந்தது ஏன் என்றுதான் தெரியவில்லை. தனது நிகழ்ச்சி முடிந்ததும் இளையராஜா சொல்லாமல், கொள்ளாமல் அரங்கத்தில் இருந்து வெளியேற.. பாரதிராஜா அவரை பார்த்தபடியேதான் இருந்தார்.

ramk1
28th October 2010, 08:34 AM
It is quite possible that IR is upset with BR over his choice of MD for his recent movie.

K
29th October 2010, 02:24 PM
http://narumugai.com/?p=17026

oru vela ithanaala than Raja pogaliyo?

app_engine
29th October 2010, 10:05 PM
[tscii:1a0373d129]Mention of IR inevitable in every decent historical account of TF (http://www.hindu.com/mag/2010/10/24/stories/2010102450030100.htm)

Productive period

The late 1970s was also a period of new ideas in Tamil cinema. Bharathiraja with his “16 Vaayadiniley” broke new ground. Narration of stories changed for better, filmmaking shifted outdoors and the villages were back in focus. Ilayaraja's compositions were refreshingly different and overwhelmingly welcomed. Mahendran and Balu Mahendra made a significant impact with their films. Rajini benefited from the new climate and made the most of it.

[/tscii:1a0373d129]

app_engine
29th October 2010, 10:15 PM
[tscii:730dba3411]Is IR part of the "yuvan-yuvathi" team? Or is it Yuvan?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/oct-10-05/bharath-ilayaraja-rima-27-10-10.html

The film’s lead pair Bharath, Rima, director GNR Kumaravelan, cinematographer Gopi, choreographer Vishnu, art director Ilayaraja, associate director Senthil, production manager Jayram, producers Francis, Bhaija and Manjula were present at this event.

http://expressbuzz.com/entertainment/news/yuvan-yuvathi-crew-in-seychelles/218305.html

A reception was hosted by the Indian High Commissioner Asit Kumar Nag and Madhumitha Nag for the Yuvan Yuvathi team at Indian House. Director GNR Kumaravelan, actors Bharat and Rima along with the music director Ilayaraja, cinematographer Gopi and choreographer Vishnu attended the gala reception.

[/tscii:730dba3411]

Plum
29th October 2010, 11:05 PM
App, there is an art director called ilayaraja. Looks like expressbuz assumed ilayaraja means md ilayaraja.

Plum
29th October 2010, 11:09 PM
App, regarding mention of IR in any historical account, idhellAm perumaiyA? kadamai.
I mea,, any historical account should not just mention IR - the should devote an entire chapter or section to him!

crvenky
30th October 2010, 03:01 PM
Charu's paethal started again.

http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=1153

இளைய ராஜா பற்றிய விவாதங்களின் போதெல்லாம் அவர் ரீரெக்கார்டிங்கில் கிங் என்று சொல்லி என் வாயை அடைத்து விடுவார்கள். நானும் அது சரிதான் என்று சரண்டராகி தோல்வியை ஒப்புக் கொண்டு ஓடி வந்து விடுவேன். நேற்று இரவு ஒரு பிரபலமான இசைக் கலைஞர் வீட்டில் Bedrich Smetana என்ற செக் நாட்டு கம்போஸரின் இசைத் தொகுப்புகளைக் கேட்ட போது இளைய ராஜாவின் ரீரெக்கார்டிங் சாதனையெல்லாம் இந்த ஸ்மெட்டானாவிடமிருந்து உருவப் பட்டது என்பதைத் தெரிந்து ஆச்சரியம் அடைந்தேன். யூ ட்யூபில் இந்த இசையைக் கேட்டுப் பாருங்கள்.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITmzujYIdOM&feature=related

இந்த இசைத் தொகுப்பின் பெயர் Vltava.

Sanjeevi
30th October 2010, 05:38 PM
* deleted by Mod *

Sanjeevi
30th October 2010, 07:28 PM
What is this?

http://images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/fashion-show-vanitha/01-fashion-show-vanitha-vinodhini.html

dont expect too much

Sureshs65
30th October 2010, 09:39 PM
CRV,

Wow. Charu hears one record and concludes that 800+ films BGM is done based on that one record!!! Whatay world class scientist. He must have been the hero in "Endhiran' instead of Rajni. He would have build an even superior Robot with his intelligence. Anyway I have no intention of reading his articles any more. I lost all respect for him when he wrote horribly about Ranjitha. From then I stopped reading all his articles. However good they may be, a person who shows so scant a respect for others doesn't deserve to be read. Dot.

NormalMan
30th October 2010, 09:53 PM

I don't buy this dance master's பொலம்பல். போனதே late. இதுல பெத்த தாய் - கத்திரிக்காய், தமிழ் மக்கள் excuse was pure பேத்தல். Whatever it is and the caliber of the president itself, the president of the country is hosting the function. You better be on time.

jaiganes
30th October 2010, 09:58 PM
* deleted *
dude get a hold on your language...
he has done this to boost his site rating and why should we bother and give him publicity.

jaiganes
30th October 2010, 10:01 PM
CRV,

Wow. Charu hears one record and concludes that 800+ films BGM is done based on that one record!!! Whatay world class scientist. He must have been the hero in "Endhiran' instead of Rajni. He would have build an even superior Robot with his intelligence. Anyway I have no intention of reading his articles any more. I lost all respect for him when he wrote horribly about Ranjitha. From then I stopped reading all his articles. However good they may be, a person who shows so scant a respect for others doesn't deserve to be read. Dot.
absolutely.
he wrote that nonsense article without even thinking how a man who creates BGM spontaneously could have listened to CD and composed BGM all in one time- that too in times when there was no youtube or internet. It is pathetic that he needs this nonsense to increase his site hits.

tvsankar
30th October 2010, 10:31 PM
padipu arivu ilaldhvan - a b c d kathundtu,

paper la pakkara ezhutha ellam parthu - a b c d iruku ngara madhiri than

indha chaaru and shaji..

adhavadhu, isaiyai kaeka therinadhadhaerkae indha ularal..

adhuku than, "aatuku vaal alandhu vechu irukan."

indha madhiri artcles padikaravanga , idhai purinjinda podhum.

kameshratnam
31st October 2010, 06:07 PM
I believe in Shri Sai Baba. Kindly do not make fun of me or Shri Sai Baba. Here goes my review for the Baba pugazh malai

I have purchased the original cd from the Sai baba temple.

I have never meditated ever in life but after hearing this album, i put these songs in my I POD or in my computer and just close my eyes and i feel peace. The god of music IR has done a great work. Words in any language cannot praise this work.

Just a sample

If you have heard appan endrum or pitchai pathiram then you shd hear " Unnai ketu paar"...Vaali ilayaraaja combo rocks

venkkiram
1st November 2010, 08:16 AM
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=1164

அத்தி பூத்தாற்போல ஒரு கட்டுரை. சாருவிடமிருந்து. கொலுவிற்கு இவரும் சென்றிருக்கிறார் என்பது புருவங்களை உயர்த்தும் செய்தி.

Plum
1st November 2010, 10:52 AM

I don't buy this dance master's பொலம்பல். போனதே late. இதுல பெத்த தாய் - கத்திரிக்காய், தமிழ் மக்கள் excuse was pure பேத்தல். Whatever it is and the caliber of the president itself, the president of the country is hosting the function. You better be on time.

NM, the specific complaint was that they didnt receive the promised cabs on time nad had to scramble to catch a taxi in heavy rain - so no wonder they were late. One doesnt know if only these guys face the problem or the lesser awardees from Bolly, Marathi and NE industries faced it also. If no, the conclusion is obvious

Sanjeevi
1st November 2010, 12:23 PM
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=1164

அத்தி பூத்தாற்போல ஒரு கட்டுரை. சாருவிடமிருந்து. கொலுவிற்கு இவரும் சென்றிருக்கிறார் என்பது புருவங்களை உயர்த்தும் செய்தி.

Next post

http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=1170

ராபர்ட் சின்னதுரை :clap:

he is the man and he used the correct words and sentences. The power of Panbu, Panivi, Ahimsai, etc :thumbup:

his fusion statements :cool2:

rajasaranam
2nd November 2010, 01:57 PM
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=1182
:D வேதாளம் கொஞ்ச நாள் சும்மா இருக்கும்ன்னு எதிர்பார்க்கலாம்.

tvsankar
2nd November 2010, 02:02 PM
due to the blog..

Chaaru - enna sonnalum - adhu avaroda openenss..

paarata pada vendiya gunam.. appadiya..a

ana nama Raja sir sonna matum...

ellam Thavara ... enna......

vel
2nd November 2010, 03:53 PM
i join suresh's club.

Will never read another line written by Charu and Shaji.

Saves lot of my time and peace of mind !

Sane people are invited to join this club.

Dot :)

jaiganes
2nd November 2010, 08:04 PM
i join suresh's club.

sanity sometimes is an awfully boring place to be...
thats why we have great sayings like "Paithiyathai suththi paththu paer"....
on a serious note - the change of view point of charu is welcome - even if it is only temporary.
The way that guy Robert has written - is wonderful- nothing that we did not know - but still wonderful.

app_engine
2nd November 2010, 09:20 PM
The way that guy Robert has written - is wonderful- nothing that we did not know - but still wonderful.

My strong guess is that Robert is a fictitious character :-)

அப்படியும் இப்படியுமாக எழுதி, பரபரப்புண்டாக்கினால் தான் வண்டி ஓடும் என்ற, பத்திரிகைகள் செய்யும் பழைய டெக்னிக்கை, இங்கே வலையுலகத்தில் உபயோகிக்கிறார்கள்.

மு.க. தானே கேள்வி எழுதி, பதிலும் எழுதி பத்திரிகைகளுக்கு அனுப்புவது போல - கடிதமும், பதிலும் ஒரு ஆளே என்பது என் யூகம்.

In any case, it doesn't change anything for TFM or for IR or even for us.

That these writers care more about their own survival than genuine concern for music -of any kind including TFM- is வெள்ளிடை மலை :-) I seriously doubt whether they have genuine concern for any other public cause as well.

Strictly for "vetti"fying time, with only one emotion i.e. humor, these guys are OK :-)

That too only those pages that are "obscenity-proof", a rarity with Mr C :-(

Sureshs65
2nd November 2010, 09:31 PM
app_eng,

Fully agree with you about fictitious fans and their letters. I had this feeling when I had earlier read some letters in Charu's blog.

K
2nd November 2010, 10:06 PM
http://pitchaipathiram.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post_02.html

பாலுமகேந்திராவின் மலையாளத்திரைப்படான 'ஓலங்கள்' -ல் 'தும்பே வா' என்றொரு அருமையான பாடல் உண்டு. நான் எந்தவொரு மன உளைச்சலிலும் எரிச்சலிலும் இருந்தாலும் இந்தப் பாடலை கேட்கும் போதே, யாரோ என் ஆன்மாவை ஆதரவாகத் தடவிக் கொடுக்கும் உணர்வில் அத்தனையும் வடிந்து விடும். ஆனால் இதையே தமிழில் கொண்டு வரும் போது சங்கத்தில் பாடாத கவிதை (ஆட்டோ ராஜா) என்று ரோஜா பூவை பிய்த்துப் போட்டது போல் போட்டார்.

Ada Kodumaiye

There are some good lines about other songs too in the Blog

rooky
3rd November 2010, 08:10 AM
Newspaper AD today says "Nandhalala" on Nov 26th

K
3rd November 2010, 10:17 AM

Great

Sanjeevi
3rd November 2010, 03:12 PM
தமிழிசை

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=8968

not related to Ilaiyaraja but somewhat related to what Raaja said to press after his recent NA.

vel
3rd November 2010, 04:39 PM
i join suresh's club.

Yenga charu'va ippadi vaiyyareenga paithiyam adhu idhunu :lol:

jaiganes
3rd November 2010, 08:01 PM
i join suresh's club.

Yenga charu'va ippadi vaiyyareenga paithiyam adhu idhunu :lol:

allov. naan appdi solaleenganna. vaazhkai suvarasiyamaa irukkanumnaa engeyaavadhu edhaavadhu erinjukitto pogainjukitto irundhaa adhai paathu sandhoshappaduradhu dhaane thamizhanin thani gunam. adhhai sonnen.

writeface
4th November 2010, 02:56 AM

http://www.thenaali.com/inner.php?id=304

WTF!!

jaiganes
4th November 2010, 07:10 AM

http://www.thenaali.com/inner.php?id=304

WTF!!
ippadiyellaam news illaaama irundha dhaan aachchariyam.

rooky
4th November 2010, 10:47 AM
I think the news report had some masala added to the titbits that all of us knew about the movie,retaining only 2 songs, raja angry with Myskin in a function,..etc..

but article on the whole do not seem to have all the facts in true colors.

jaiganes
4th November 2010, 09:28 PM
I think the news report had some masala added to the titbits that all of us knew about the movie,retaining only 2 songs, raja angry with Myskin in a function,..etc..

but article on the whole do not seem to have all the facts in true colors.

Only thing Raja spoke about mysskin was that he hasnt seen him since the last day of rerecording.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th November 2010, 08:54 AM
Just now watched the Isai Virunthu programme in Jaya TV, diwali spl

Few Songs played on veena along with other instruments, Aayiram Thaamairai was played and suddenly the festive mood changed and me, and other family members was arrested to the tune's melody power, pristine moment it was.

Antha paattu shumma kettaale kirukirukkum, instrumental version was much more hair-raising. Diwaali superb start!

:notworthy:

appushiva
5th November 2010, 08:48 PM
Hello ,

Here we are now in IR's dry season , i want some comments on music given by Yuvan and Karthik raja.

We can find, the music and songs are entirely different from their father , why it is , they all in one family , cant they discuss in home.
Where is the impact of raja sir's creativity in the family itself.

Is Yuvan will not hear raja sir's advice?

The music by Yuvan is not compelling to me as like RAja sir, even though he is scoring more movies why we cant able to get the magic of his father in his songs???

I hope you all understand my thought ,,

Like pandiya nattu arasan i got this confusion and seeks help to clear...........

jaiganes
5th November 2010, 10:02 PM
Hello ,

Here we are now in IR's dry season , i want some comments on music given by Yuvan and Karthik raja.

We can find, the music and songs are entirely different from their father , why it is , they all in one family , cant they discuss in home.
Where is the impact of raja sir's creativity in the family itself.

Is Yuvan will not hear raja sir's advice?

The music by Yuvan is not compelling to me as like RAja sir, even though he is scoring more movies why we cant able to get the magic of his father in his songs???

I hope you all understand my thought ,,

Like pandiya nattu arasan i got this confusion and seeks help to clear...........

தாயும் சேயும் ஆனாலும்
வாயும் வயிறும் வேறு.

நீங்க உங்க அப்ப செய்த வேலையை அதே மாதிரி செஇதால்
நீங்கள் எதற்கு?

Sureshs65
6th November 2010, 05:24 PM
Ravi Natarajan continues his posts on the technical aspects of modern music and how it relates to the latest Raja. Some super videos here. So do yourself a favour and read the post here:

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com/

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th November 2010, 06:18 AM
Just now watched the Isai Virunthu programme in Jaya TV, diwali spl

Few Songs played on veena along with other instruments, Aayiram Thaamairai was played and suddenly the festive mood changed and me, and other family members was arrested to the tune's melody power, pristine moment it was.

Antha paattu shumma kettaale kirukirukkum, instrumental version was much more hair-raising. Diwaali superb start!

:notworthy:

Veenai Isai Virunthu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpbmr05pJ6Q

tvsankar
7th November 2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the link

tvsankar
7th November 2010, 08:29 PM
Interludes ai ellam vaasichadhu - REally Great one........

raj_musing
9th November 2010, 12:14 PM
Ravi Natarajan continues his posts on the technical aspects of modern music and how it relates to the latest Raja. Some super videos here. So do yourself a favour and read the post here:

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com/

Suresh,

A bit difficult to digest...

-R-

AravindMano
9th November 2010, 03:01 PM
In the middle of an epic song. Singing along with Chitraji for Ilaiya Raja sir. Such an honour.

NormalMan
11th November 2010, 08:46 AM
In the middle of an epic song. Singing along with Chitraji for Ilaiya Raja sir. Such an honour.

Which film? Any ideas?

AravindMano
11th November 2010, 04:16 PM
NormalMan - No. Until the audio releases singers these days don't mention them.

Sureshs65
11th November 2010, 06:40 PM
Aravind / NM,

indha lady edhe maadri usupeti usupeti.....

No clue of the movie I guess. Still don't know anything about the song she recorded with Sukhvinder.

AravindMano
12th November 2010, 09:41 AM
Sureshji - :lol: recoding-Achum nadakkudhE sandhOsappattukkuvOm.

AravindMano
13th November 2010, 06:26 PM

Which film? Any ideas?

It's for the telugu film, Sri Ramarajyam (http://tinyurl.com/sriramarajyam)

Sureshs65
13th November 2010, 06:28 PM
The mystery is finally solved. Chitra and Shreya sang together for the film 'Ramarajyam'. This is a Telugu mythological to be directed by the veteran director, Bapu.

http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/news/ilayrajasriramaraja_nov132010.php

Surprised to see Chita and Shreya together. Generally thought these says singers sang their parts alone and left. The mixing happened later.

MumbaiRamki
13th November 2010, 07:13 PM
The mystery is finally solved. Chitra and Shreya sang together for the film 'Ramarajyam'. This is a Telugu mythological to be directed by the veteran director, Bapu.

http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/news/ilayrajasriramaraja_nov132010.php

Surprised to see Chita and Shreya together. Generally thought these says singers sang their parts alone and left. The mixing happened later.

Chithra and shreya have alread sung in sol pechu for thillangadi

Sureshs65
13th November 2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks Ramki for the info. I did not know that.

irir123
13th November 2010, 10:40 PM
Ramarajyam - adhuvum 8 songs for a mythological !!

IR ippadi sathhamey illaama anga inga album pannikittuthaan irukaaru! but for the hub, I would have never known abt this album!

EKSI !

baroque
14th November 2010, 11:04 PM
good .
ஸ்ரீ.பாலா, சித்ரா, female டூயட், 8 songs for mythological movie ...WOW ...
what is the story ?

mythology...mmmm
I always think why they stop at ராமாயன் or மகாபாரத ?

so many wonderful historic things are there too.
mighty & magnificent

I love அகிலனின்'s வெற்றித்திருநகர் ...the hero விஸ்வநாதன் is such a heart touching , brave , dedicated character . :clap:
his love for the kingdom and care of his people , his sacrifices ... how he never sees his love Lakshmi :( .. sacrificing everything .. is heart touching .
கிருஷ்ணா தேவராயர் of விஜயநகர் empire is a great statesman . He is an icon of INDIA...
அகிலனின்'s வெற்றித்திருநகர் is my favorite novel from my ஸ்கூல் years.
oh ..historic places, heroic actions and the fantasy லவ் & hurt of separation .
the pain of விஸ்வநாதன் never meets லக்ஷ்மி in his life ... I just long for a fantastic poetry & ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா defines longing , pathos mood .... நினைச்சுப்பார்க்கிறேன் ....my heart bleeds already.:musicsmile:
விஸ்வநாதன் moved on making history... I yet to move on.. :cry:
இதெல்லாம் Contemprory ஆ எடுக்க மாட்டங்க.....
விஜயநகர் empire is very important for kannada, telugu & tamil literature.
வினதா .

K
15th November 2010, 08:23 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/11/15-mayilu-hit-screens-christmas-special.html
மயிலை வெளியிடும் முயற்சியில் தீவிரமாக உள்ளார் தயாரிப்பாளரும் நடிகருமான பிரகாஷ் ராஜ். கிறிஸ்துமஸுக்கு இந்தப் படம் வெளியாகிறது.
படம் குறித்து பிரகாஷ் ராஜ் கூறுகையில், "இந்தப் வெளியாவது நல்ல சினிமாவுக்கு, நல்ல இசைக்குக் கிடைத்த வெற்றி என்பேன். இந்தப் படத்தின் நாயகன் இளையராஜாதான். தமிழ் சினிமாவின் மறக்கமுடியாத படமாக, இசையாக மயிலு அமையும்," என்றார்.

Sanjeevi
15th November 2010, 11:47 PM
Dont know where to post this..

Kuttichaathan 3D part 2 is being made and the team is retaining IR's tunes and most part of BGM from the earlier version. And Vairamuthu's son Karky is penning lyrics for IR's tunes.

app_engine
16th November 2010, 12:07 AM
Also read in another thread / various news reports that Vaalee has declared MSV is the greatest ever musician (apart from being his personal saviour) in the august presence of MSV-KH-RK-VM :-)

Some more interesting stuff in that meeting :

RK - "வாலி வீட்டுக்குப்போய் கூப்பிட்டும் பொண்ணு கல்யாணத்துக்கு வரலை" (ராசாவைக்கூப்பிட்டாரா இல்லையா?)

Also RK : "வாலி எம்ஜிஆருக்கு 'நான் ஆணையிட்டால்' மாதிரி எனக்கு 'அம்மா என்றழைக்காத' எழுதினார். அது மாதிரி இன்னொரு பாட்டு வருமா?" (கூட்டத்தில் ராசா பத்தி யாரும் பேசி இருக்க மாட்டாங்களே? BTW, இந்த "வாலி 1000" நம்ம "ஜெய்கணேசு ஆயிரம்" மாதிரி இருக்கே:-) )

Read in TF forum that fellow hubber Murali Srinivas attended the function.

genesis
16th November 2010, 12:23 AM
Raja brought Chitra and Shreya together for a song!!! I hope he recorded a great number like "பாடறியேன் படிப்பறியேன்".

Aravind- I am not sure in what context you said that... but MDs do not record songs with Chitra or Shreya to replace their voices with others... Those kind of stuff happen to other singers. Chitra and Shreya are THE 2 BEST FEMALE PLAYBACK SINGERS now.

Sanjeevi
16th November 2010, 12:24 AM
app,
namme venkiraam ithey mattera Shocking things threadla post panninar but avaru Funny things threadla pottu irunthu irukkanum. Namakkum Shocking-a irunthu irukkum

app_engine
16th November 2010, 12:40 AM
app,
namme venkiraam ithey mattera Shocking things threadla post panninar but avaru Funny things threadla pottu irunthu irukkanum. Namakkum Shocking-a irunthu irukkum

Actually, Vali's speech has enough material to place it in "funny things" thread. One sample: (http://dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Cinema&artid=331616&SectionID=141&MainSectionID=141&SEO=&Title=)

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை முடிவு செய்ததும் முதலில் சரோஜா தேவியைத்தான் அழைத்தேன். சொன்னதும் மகிழ்ச்சியோடு வந்திருக்கிறார். "படகோட்டி' படத்தில் நான் எழுதிய பாடல்கள் இன்றும் உயிரோட்டமாய் இருப்பதற்கு அவர்தான் காரணம்.

app_engine
16th November 2010, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't have bothered to post about Vaalee here but for this "veLikkuththu" remark :

இங்குள்ளவர்கள் யாரும் வெற்றியை மண்டைக்குள் ஏற்றிக் கொண்டவர்கள் இல்லை.

Sanjeevi
16th November 2010, 12:48 AM
veLikkuthu :lol:

app_engine
16th November 2010, 12:57 AM
It would be interesting to see how many of those 1000 Vali songs picked for the book are movie numbers and what % has IR as MD :-)

People who have access to the book, please post in the forum!

app_engine
16th November 2010, 01:31 AM
[tscii:6e4584339f]Supposedly by a controversial blogger, Charu's friend etc (went to this blog a few weeks back thru a link in some Kamal thread):

http://www.karundhel.com/2010/11/1985.html

இன்னொரு முக்கியமான அம்சம், இசை. கிராமத்து மண்ணின் வாசனை பொங்கி வழியும் பாடல்கள். அந்தப் பாடல்களையே, எளிய கிராம இசைக்கருவிகள் மூலம் மாற்றி வழங்கியிருக்கும் ஒரு பின்னணி இசை. பின்னணி இசையில் இளையராஜாவின் வீச்சு என்னவென்று நம்மெல்லோருக்கும் தெரியும். அதற்கு ஒரு அட்டகாசமான உதாரணம்: ஆற்றில் மிதக்கும் தனது மனைவியின் பிணத்தைப் பார்த்தவுடன், புல்லாங்குழலைத் தூக்கி எறியும் அந்தக் காட்சி. புல்லாங்குழலின் மெல்லிய வாசிப்பிலேயே, அந்தக் காட்சிக்குரிய முக்கியத்துவத்தை அற்புதமாக வெளிப்படுத்தியிருப்பார் இளையராஜா. அந்த இசையை மட்டும் கேட்டாலே போதும்; அந்தக் காட்சியில் நிலவும் பரபரப்பை நம்மால் எளிதில் உணர முடியும். அதேபோல, பாடல்கள். ‘ராசாவே ஒன்ன நம்பி’, ‘பூங்காத்து திரும்புமா’, ‘’வெட்டிவேரு வாசம்’, ’அந்த நிலாவத்தான் நான் கையில புடிச்சேன்’ ஆகிய பாடல்களின் இனிமை, ‘ஏறாத மலமேல’, ‘ஏ குருவி’, ‘ஏ கிளியிருக்கு’ ஆகிய குறும்பாடல்கள் தரும் குறும்பு ஆகிய உணர்வுகளை மறக்கவியலாது.

[/tscii:6e4584339f]

venkkiram
16th November 2010, 03:01 AM
app,
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2294025&highlight=#2294025
நான் பதிவு செய்தது "செய்திகளுக்கான திரியில்". உங்க கற்பனை குதிரைக்கு நீங்களே கடிவாளம் போட்டுகிட்டா நல்லாயிருக்கும்னு தோணுது. உங்களுக்கு வாலியின் கருத்தில் மாற்றுக்கருத்து இருக்கிறதென்றால் தாராளமாக அந்த திரியில் பதிவு செய்யலாம்.

jaiganes
16th November 2010, 04:01 AM
Also read in another thread / various news reports that Vaalee has declared MSV is the greatest ever musician (apart from being his personal saviour) in the august presence of MSV-KH-RK-VM :-)

Some more interesting stuff in that meeting :

RK - "வாலி வீட்டுக்குப்போய் கூப்பிட்டும் பொண்ணு கல்யாணத்துக்கு வரலை" (ராசாவைக்கூப்பிட்டாரா இல்லையா?)

Also RK : "வாலி எம்ஜிஆருக்கு 'நான் ஆணையிட்டால்' மாதிரி எனக்கு 'அம்மா என்றழைக்காத' எழுதினார். அது மாதிரி இன்னொரு பாட்டு வருமா?" (கூட்டத்தில் ராசா பத்தி யாரும் பேசி இருக்க மாட்டாங்களே? BTW, இந்த "வாலி 1000" நம்ம "ஜெய்கணேசு ஆயிரம்" மாதிரி இருக்கே:-) )

Read in TF forum that fellow hubber Murali Srinivas attended the function.
ingeyum oru 1000 maa?
enakkum idhukkum sambandham illai thozargale!!

p
16th November 2010, 06:34 AM
http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=9199

அன்புள்ள ஜெயமோகன்,
அண்மையில் படித்துறை படத்துக்காக இளையராஜா இசை அமைத்த பாடல்களைக் கேட்டேன். அதில் ஒரு பாடல் என்னை உலுக்கியது. நம்ம ஊர் கணியான் கூத்தில் வாசிக்கப்படும் மகுடத்தையும் மந்தத்தையும் வாசிக்க விட்டு, தேனுகா ராகத்தில் அமைக்கப்பட்டுள்ள பாடலைக் கேட்ட போது என்னால் ஆடாமல் இருக்க முடியவில்லை. நாட்டுப்புறப் பாடல் அளிக்கும் உக்கிரமான ஒரு மன நிலையை அன்று அடைந்தேன். மிதமான போதையில் எங்கள் ஊர் சுடலை மாடன் கோவில் கொடை விழாவில் கேட்ட கணியான் பாட்டு காதில் ஒலித்துக்கொண்டே இருக்கிறது. கோவில்பட்டியில் நீங்கள் கேட்ட நாட்டுபுறப் பாடலைப் பற்றி படித்ததும் இதை எழுதுகிறேன்.

கோலப்பன்

அன்புள்ள கோலப்பன்,

நானும் அந்தப்பாட்டைக்கேட்டேன். அந்தப்பாடல் நம்மூர் அம்மன்கோயில் கொடை குறித்த மனப்பிம்பங்களைஎ ழுப்பியது. ராஜா அதன் வழியாக நெல்லைக்குள் இயல்பாக நுழைந்திருந்தார்

ஜெ

ramk1
16th November 2010, 07:29 AM
Are padithurai songs already released?

AravindMano
16th November 2010, 10:53 AM
Raja brought Chitra and Shreya together for a song!!! I hope he recorded a great number like "பாடறியேன் படிப்பறியேன்".

Aravind- I am not sure in what context you said that... but MDs do not record songs with Chitra or Shreya to replace their voices with others... Those kind of stuff happen to other singers. Chitra and Shreya are THE 2 BEST FEMALE PLAYBACK SINGERS now.

genesis - Of course, you are right. But it's not just about replacing the voices. Many a times the songs don't make it to the album. And the singers might not even know the film they are singing for. Shreya Ghoshal once mentioned that she sang some tunes for Paa but were deleted and recorded repeatedly and didnt find a place in the album. Chinmayi often metions such stuff in her blog too. (She didn't know that she had sung for Delhi 6 until she saw the CD). I was driving this point.

raagas
16th November 2010, 11:39 AM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2010/11/16/14942/index.html

Happi to release in April 2011, to coincide with Charlie Chaplin's birth anniversary. So i expect the music to be out in Feb 2011. Which means, I do not see any new Hindi albums in IR anytime soon. Feb is still 4 months away.

Sanjeevi
16th November 2010, 12:03 PM
app,
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2294025&highlight=#2294025
நான் பதிவு செய்தது "செய்திகளுக்கான திரியில்". உங்க கற்பனை குதிரைக்கு நீங்களே கடிவாளம் போட்டுகிட்டா நல்லாயிருக்கும்னு தோணுது. உங்களுக்கு வாலியின் கருத்தில் மாற்றுக்கருத்து இருக்கிறதென்றால் தாராளமாக அந்த திரியில் பதிவு செய்யலாம்.

oops..... very sorry .... anyway IMO 'funny' thread than romba sari

Plum
16th November 2010, 02:08 PM
If Vaali feels MSV is the greatest, adhu avar karuththu. illaiyA?
adhula enna kozhappam?

IR mEdaila illaingaradhukkAga andha "maNdai ganam" comment IR mEla sonnadhAgidumA? Do you think Vaali will make public comments like that, even if indirect? Especially when he has always praised IR on every possible occasion?

I think this maNdai ganam, thimiru, sosial uRavu koLLAmai, UrOdu oththu vAzhAmai - idhai ellAm vices-A pARkira tendency is slowly disappearing. You can see that even in Hub with people who previously used to attack IR with (lack of) these qualities, batting for their idols on the same ground.

ellAm seekkiram vazhikku vandhuduvAnga. . Vairamuthu reNdu mUNu thimirA statement koduthA, sila pEr automaticA defend paNNa pORAr. appO avangaLukum thalaikkanam oru vice-A thONAdhu. Already, we saw that in the casee of Charu, with Charu receiving a lot of praise for his anti-IR statements and later, receiving brickbats when he took on other idols :lol:

Sanjeevi
16th November 2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.google.co.in/music/album?n=Mera-Farz&id=20100520134546_2jpln4fjiggd8

any tamil equivalent?

raajarasigan
16th November 2010, 07:54 PM
If Vaali feels MSV is the greatest, adhu avar karuththu. illaiyA?
adhula enna kozhappam?

IR mEdaila illaingaradhukkAga andha "maNdai ganam" comment IR mEla sonnadhAgidumA? Do you think Vaali will make public comments like that, even if indirect? Especially when he has always praised IR on every possible occasion? :exactly: people are forgetting that IR himself has said this.. his opinion is same as Vaali's.. instead of comparing with IR, Vaali's comment should be taken in a right context... it is more of admiring a senior composer who set very high standards for IFM...

jaiganes
16th November 2010, 08:36 PM

any tamil equivalent?
telungu padam dubbing paa adhu..
I think it is aakhari porattam or something like that.
Asha bhonsle paaduradhE oru periya poraattamaa irukkum....

app_engine
17th November 2010, 01:42 AM
IR mEdaila illaingaradhukkAga andha "maNdai ganam" comment IR mEla sonnadhAgidumA? Do you think Vaali will make public comments like that, even if indirect?

சூழ்நிலையும் சேர்க்கையும் அமைந்தால் பிரபலங்கள் -ஸாரி, எல்லா மனிதர்களுமே - யாரை வேண்டுமானாலும் புகழவும் இகழவும் செய்வார்கள். விதிவிலக்குகள் ரொம்ப ரொம்ப அபூர்வம்.

பொதுவா வாலி புகழ்வதில் பஞ்சம் வைக்க மாட்டார். இகழ்வதும் ரொம்ப அபூர்வம்.

ஆனால் இந்த "தலைக்கு ஏறுறது" பற்றிய கருத்து அவர் வாயிலிருந்து வருவது ஒரு பெரிய உறுத்தல் தான்.

என்னமோ - புகைவது தெளிவாக இருக்கிறது. என்ன வம்போ, சண்டையோ தெரியவில்லை :-(

app_engine
17th November 2010, 01:45 AM
Not only that, he shot into popularity on a large scale during initial stages eulogizing MGR (MSV's initial support notwithstanding).

When he can just like that attribute immortality of MGR songs to Sarojadevi, it's pretty obvious that he's not in the right frame of mind :-(

In such a state words can easily theRichchufy out of tongue!

app_engine
17th November 2010, 01:59 AM
I think this maNdai ganam, thimiru, sosial uRavu koLLAmai, UrOdu oththu vAzhAmai - idhai ellAm vices-A pARkira tendency is slowly disappearing. You can see that even in Hub with people who previously used to attack IR with (lack of) these qualities, batting for their idols on the same ground.

ellAm seekkiram vazhikku vandhuduvAnga.

thumburu
17th November 2010, 12:54 PM

any tamil equivalent?
telungu padam dubbing paa adhu..
I think it is aakhari porattam or something like that.
Asha bhonsle paaduradhE oru periya poraattamaa irukkum....

app_engine
17th November 2010, 10:28 PM
Is this Bala, who is in correspondence with Jeyamohan, a hubber? (http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=9126)

நல்ல தமிழிசைத் தொகுப்புகள் வரும்போதெல்லாம் வாங்கிவிடுவதுதான். இது வரை குறைந்தது, இளையராஜாவின் திருவாசகத்தை 1000 சி.டிக் களாவது வாங்கியிருப்பேன்.

Sureshs65
19th November 2010, 05:17 PM
Not sure if he is a hubber. I have seen his posting quite a bit in Jeyamohan's site.

jaiganes
19th November 2010, 09:11 PM
past two days have been spent with MogaMuL...
1. நெஞ்சே குருநாதரின் - எம்.ஜீ.ஸ்ரீகுமாரின் இனிய குரலில் வரும் இந்த பாடல் என் அபிப்ராயத்தில் இந்த படத்தின் சிறந்த பாடல். கற்ற வித்தையை கடைப்பொருளாக விற்க நேர்ந்த துயரத்தைப்பாடலாக வடித்து அதற்கு அருமையான இசை பொழிந்துள்ளார் இசைஞானி. சீடன் குருவையும்,கற்ற இசையறிவின் மேன்மையையும் "புழுதியில் எறிந்த வீணை" என்னும் நிலையை கடிந்து, அதே சமயம் தன் கையலாகாத நிலையையும் உணர்ந்து பாடும் இந்தப்பாடல் திரை இசை என்றில்லாமல் தமிழிசை என்னும் வகைக்கே பெருமை சேர்க்கும் அற்புதமான பாடல். இதில் என்னைக்குறிப்பாகக்கவர்ந்தது, தபேலாவும் மிருதங்கமும் இணைந்து அமைத்துள்ள தாளலயம். எங்கு தபேலா முடிகிறது, எங்கு மிருதங்கம் எழுகிறது என்பதைத்தெளிவாக உணர முடியாத ஒரு இனிய தாள அமைப்பு. எம்.ஜீ.ஸ்ரீகுமாரின் குரல் பாடலின் பாவத்துக்கேற்ப கரைகிறது, உருகுகிறது, உணர்வால் பொங்கிப்பெருகுகிறது.

2. சொல்லாயோ வாய் திறந்து - ஜானகி குரலிலும், ஸ்ரீகுமாரின் குரலிலும், வெளிப்படையாக விரகத்தையும் அது சார்ந்த இறைவனையே கணவனாக வரிக்கும் ஆண்டாளின் பக்தி பாவத்தைக்குறிக்கும் இருபொருள் படும் விதமாக அமைந்த அற்புதமான பாடல். இளையராஜா எனும் கலைஞன் தன் பின்நவீனத்துவத்தை வெளிப்படுத்தியிருக்கும் பல்வேறு படைப்புகளில் இந்தப்பாடல் தலையாய ஒன்று என்று நான் கருதுகிறேன். "அலைபாயுதே கண்ணா", "இன்பக்கனா ஒன்று கண்டேன்" போன்ற பாடல்களின் கருத்துச்சாயலில், தன் சிந்தனை கொண்ட ஒரு புதிய பாட்லை தனக்கேயுரிய புதிய பாணியில் தன் கற்பனைகளைக்கொட்டி வார்த்துள்ளார் இசைஞானி.
தமிழிசை பாடகர்கள் இந்தப்பாடலை தனி கீர்த்தனையாக மேடையில் பாடுதல் அவர்கள் திறமைக்கு சிறப்பு சேர்க்கும்.

தேன்குடத்தில் மூழ்கிச்சாகும் வண்டென எனை சுகித்துக்கொல்லும் ஒரு இசைத்தொகுப்பு "மோகமுள்"!!! இதைத்தந்த இசைஞானிக்குக்காலத்திற்கும் நன்றி!!

P_R
19th November 2010, 10:48 PM
1. நெஞ்சே குருநாதரின் - எம்.ஜீ.ஸ்ரீகுமாரின் இனிய குரலில் வரும் இந்த பாடல் என் அபிப்ராயத்தில் இந்த படத்தின் சிறந்த பாடல். Wasn't it sung by Arunmozhi. Best song of his career.

jaiganes
19th November 2010, 10:53 PM
1. நெஞ்சே குருநாதரின் - எம்.ஜீ.ஸ்ரீகுமாரின் இனிய குரலில் வரும் இந்த பாடல் என் அபிப்ராயத்தில் இந்த படத்தின் சிறந்த பாடல். Wasn't it sung by Arunmozhi. Best song of his career.
http://download.tamilwire.com/songs/Other_Albums/Ilaiyaraja%20discography/M-N/Mogha%20Mull%201995%20-%20Nenje%20Gurunatharin%20-%20TamilWire.com.mp3

நீங்களே கேட்டு சொல்லுங்கோ!!

P_R
19th November 2010, 11:01 PM
This is MG Sreekumar
First time I am listening.

The one in the tape is Arunmozhi.

I like that one far more than this. Konjam clinicalA irukku. Flus Malayalam pronunciation in many places irks, Much less bhaavam here.

naan thara nee pera vENdum konjam jnAnam -ellAm arunmozhi remba nallA paadiruppAru,

Let me search if the version is available online.

P_R
19th November 2010, 11:04 PM
OMG even thiraipaadal has only the MGS version.
makkaLE someone back me up. Arunmozhi's version is much better. kidaikkamaattEngudhE.

P_R
19th November 2010, 11:07 PM
jaiganes, look at me (http://www.inbaminge.com/t/m/Mogamul/)
listen to the second version here.

Listen to the full song. edutha udanE Arunmozhi's voice will hit you as considerably less attractive than MGS's. But better results may obtain if you hang on till the end.

app_engine
19th November 2010, 11:23 PM
மெல்லுறதுக்குக்கொஞ்சம் அவல் : (http://www.tamilnewscinema.com/?p=6302)

இளையராஜா கெடுபிடி
அழகர் சாமியின் குதிரை படத்தின் கதையை கேட்டவுடன் முதலில் ஷூட் பண்ணிட்டு வந்திருங்க. அப்புறம் இசையமைச்சுக்கலாம் என்றார் இளையராஜா. இவரது கட்டளை படி ஷூட்டிங்கையும் முடித்துவிட்டு வந்துவிட்டார் சுசீந்திரன்.
முதலில் 50 லட்சத்திற்குள் இசையமைத்து தருகிறேன் என்ற இளையராஜா, இப்போது படம் நன்றாக இருக்கிறது. ஹங்கேரியில் இருந்து மியூசிக் கலைஞர்களை அழைத்து வந்து இசையமைத்தால் நன்றாக இருக்கும்.
அதற்கு தனியாக இருபத்தைந்து லட்சம் செலவாகும். தயாரிப்பாளரை கன்வின்ஸ் செய் என்று கூறிவிட்டாராம். ஆனால் தயாரிப்பாளரான கவுதம் மேனன், இதுக்குள்ளே என்ன வருமோ. அதை செய்ய சொல்லுங்க என்கிறாராம்.
இரண்டு பேருக்கும் நடுவில் சிக்கிக் கொண்ட சுசீந்திரன், யார் பேச்சை கேட்பது என்று தடுமாறிப் போயிருக்கிறார்.

irir123
19th November 2010, 11:38 PM
மெல்லுறதுக்குக்கொஞ்சம் அவல் : (http://www.tamilnewscinema.com/?p=6302)

இளையராஜா கெடுபிடி
அழகர் சாமியின் குதிரை படத்தின் கதையை கேட்டவுடன் முதலில் ஷூட் பண்ணிட்டு வந்திருங்க. அப்புறம் இசையமைச்சுக்கலாம் என்றார் இளையராஜா. இவரது கட்டளை படி ஷூட்டிங்கையும் முடித்துவிட்டு வந்துவிட்டார் சுசீந்திரன்.
முதலில் 50 லட்சத்திற்குள் இசையமைத்து தருகிறேன் என்ற இளையராஜா, இப்போது படம் நன்றாக இருக்கிறது. ஹங்கேரியில் இருந்து மியூசிக் கலைஞர்களை அழைத்து வந்து இசையமைத்தால் நன்றாக இருக்கும்.
அதற்கு தனியாக இருபத்தைந்து லட்சம் செலவாகும். தயாரிப்பாளரை கன்வின்ஸ் செய் என்று கூறிவிட்டாராம். ஆனால் தயாரிப்பாளரான கவுதம் மேனன், இதுக்குள்ளே என்ன வருமோ. அதை செய்ய சொல்லுங்க என்கிறாராம்.
இரண்டு பேருக்கும் நடுவில் சிக்கிக் கொண்ட சுசீந்திரன், யார் பேச்சை கேட்பது என்று தடுமாறிப் போயிருக்கிறார்.

i hope this news is rumor - else it only gives credence to the widely-held opinion abt IR's recent intereferences with his directors!

app_engine
20th November 2010, 12:16 AM
irir123,
In the "post-NA" interview, IR himself talked about his insistence to PR director on his BSO preference.

(IIRC, it was like this - When the producer objected telling "already it's over budget", IR reportedly countered asking "Are you going to film another PR? Isn't it appropriate that we do all possible ornamentation this time?")

Also, it was claimed that IR recommended BSO technicians to visit Chennai for Nandhalala to have "grander" music.

In any case, anyone who follows IR's statements from HTNI times (and more so around TbI period) should know his frequent cribs about the quality of performers at Chennai.

So, I'm not too surprised at this rumor or to the possibilty of it being correct :-)

app_engine
20th November 2010, 12:19 AM
Having said that, I agree that such insistence could drive away some more producers / directors from him.

However, I'll be happy if he sticks to such demands - even if one or two producers agree, we get a real treat.

Everytime BSO is involved, the resultant score is extraordinary IMO!

prasad_subbu
20th November 2010, 01:49 AM
But for movies like "ASG" which has lot of nativity, don't know what is relevance of BSO. In "PR" also, lot of fans mentioned about nativity missing. Atleast it involved British actors etc, which was fine.

IR did the same thing for Ramana, but the producer(I think Oscar Ravichandran) refused. Even if IR needs such setup, it should not be brought as surprise in a small budget movies like ASG. Well just my thought. He knows what he is doing.

Out of all this we some times see IR slipping away, while some time manage to give treat. In all of these surprise increase in expenditure will keep people away. As a result we will miss IR.

jaiganes
20th November 2010, 02:07 AM
jaiganes, look at me (http://www.inbaminge.com/t/m/Mogamul/)
listen to the second version here.

Listen to the full song. edutha udanE Arunmozhi's voice will hit you as considerably less attractive than MGS's. But better results may obtain if you hang on till the end.
Thanks!!! very good singing by Arunmozhi.
Delightful indeed. The emotions are well brought out - no doubts.
I am not such a hater of Arunmozhi's voice and I always loved the songs he has sung for partheban and that vijay movie chandralekha. I rate his song "Amman kovil ellaame" from Raajavin paarvayile - his best..
Raaja also is his fan - agreed..
I agree on the mallu accent on "Gurunaatharin" - sticks out badly...
in spite of this, I will prefer MGS version - not out of vehmence of sticking to ones guns, but just for this one point (why dont u get to it fast?)

For a character which has underwent extreme training and tutelage in carnatic music, arun mozhi's voice is more "light music" while MGS voice is "Heavier" as it needs to be for classical carnatic singers. What i mean by heavy is that when micro variations of the tune are sung (gamakams), Arun mozhi navigates them rather too precisely, while MGS glides over them without "stopping" on them.
Thats my cupcake - just an opinion....

Sureshs65
20th November 2010, 09:32 AM
I didn't realize till P_R posted that the version that I have always heard is that of Arunmozhi!! I mean I knew but didn't realize when Jai had posted that the song was sung by Sreekumar. I haven't heard Sreekumar's version to give my opinion but in case of 'sollayo vaai thirandhu' I prefer the S.Janaki version than the male one.

'sollayo' is an amazing song. Based on Shanmukapriya. Many on Tamil screen have used this to convey joy, happiness and also a sense of energy. Including Raja. Think 'maraindhirundu paarkum', 'pazham nee appa', 'tham thananam', 'thakita thadimi'. Given this background I am always stunned by how Raja has tweaked this raga to so clearly convey the pangs of separation. The 'viraha' aspect is brought out wonderfully by this tune. This song definitely showcases the deep understanding Raja has of sound, wherein he is able to manipulate sound to his requirement, not caring how it was used earlier or how it is supposed to be used.

Sureshs65
20th November 2010, 09:39 AM
app_eng / irir123,

I also heard from a good friend in Kerala that some people producing a film were afraid to approach Raja because they felt he may insist on BSO musicians!!! Not sure if that is the general sentiment in the market. It may not be that Raja is interfering with the film but maybe he feels, as app points out, that the current lot of musicians here are not as talented as the BSO folks.

At the same time questions like what prasad_subbu asks about relevance of BSO type music for a village film will be raised. I would obviously have full confidence in Raja in this aspect. (Going by Nandalala's story we may have felt the same as what p_s asks but when I listen to that little clip of Nandalala I am blown away.) I think this is going to be a tug of war in general. With Raja probably wanting some top class musicians to execute his music and the producers feeling it is too costly. Need to see how this works out for 'Azharswami'.

genesis
21st November 2010, 12:03 AM
app_eng / irir123,

I also heard from a good friend in Kerala that some people producing a film were afraid to approach Raja because they felt he may insist on BSO musicians!!! Not sure if that is the general sentiment in the market. It may not be that Raja is interfering with the film but maybe he feels, as app points out, that the current lot of musicians here are not as talented as the BSO folks.

At the same time questions like what prasad_subbu asks about relevance of BSO type music for a village film will be raised. I would obviously have full confidence in Raja in this aspect. (Going by Nandalala's story we may have felt the same as what p_s asks but when I listen to that little clip of Nandalala I am blown away.) I think this is going to be a tug of war in general. With Raja probably wanting some top class musicians to execute his music and the producers feeling it is too costly. Need to see how this works out for 'Azharswami'.

Unfortunately our producers are not here to make music master pieces, they just want "moozik" for their movies.

இதுக்கு மேல நான் நினைக்கிறத சொன்னா அடிக்க வருவீங்க...ஹ்ம்ம்

jaiganes
21st November 2010, 12:17 AM
app_eng / irir123,

Unfortunately our producers are not here to make music master pieces, they just want "moozik" for their movies.

இதுக்கு மேல நான் நினைக்கிறத சொன்னா அடிக்க வருவீங்க...ஹ்ம்ம்
We all are quite thick skinned around here...
kanna pinnaannu pesuvom, adiyellaam inge available illai.

tvsankar
22nd November 2010, 12:40 AM
http://ragamanjari.blogspot.com/

Nice song.. NIce write up.........

kameshratnam
22nd November 2010, 07:37 AM
I saw Isai aruvi awards and saw IR praising Shruthi Hassan..pavam IR had to do it for the sake of Kamal..all of us know shruthi hassan's tamizh is horrible...

Shruthi illamal isai undo....IR......podu vizhakkal apperance vendame
Prasad studios is ur world..

raagas
22nd November 2010, 11:27 AM
Can anyone throw more light on this album: http://expressbuzz.com/entertainment/news/yuvan-yuvathi-crew-in-seychelles/218305.html

MumbaiRamki
22nd November 2010, 12:21 PM
light a .. the MD was Vijay Antony , guess it was a mistake !

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Yuvan_Yuvathi_songs_in_November_44100.html

entertainment
22nd November 2010, 12:23 PM
Can anyone throw more light on this album: http://expressbuzz.com/entertainment/news/yuvan-yuvathi-crew-in-seychelles/218305.html

MD for YY is Vijay Antony. Art director of this move is Ilaiyaraja.

teja
23rd November 2010, 12:20 AM
A snippet of #Ilayaraja's "Jagadaananda kaaraka' (Sri Rama Rajyam, @shreyaghoshal, SPB) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjDAqxsSbDs#t=3m34s

krish244
23rd November 2010, 01:18 AM
Thanks Teja. Surprised that they (dont know if the producers or Tv9) got hold of movie sound track to play for the program :). The veena bit impressed. Tune sounds pleasant as well.

thanks,

Krishnan

teja
23rd November 2010, 11:02 AM
Here's the full song: http://bit.ly/g7pEKw

Totally in love with this song. What a melody!

rooky
25th November 2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/kalaprabhu-wedding-reception/kalaprabhu-wedding-reception-kalipuli-s-thanu-10.html

Interesting..Raja Finds time to attend Kalaipuli Thanu's son wedding and looks like thanu showed some special "Ubasarippu" for him...

vssathish
26th November 2010, 11:03 AM
In today's Times Of India review, Nandalala rating is 4.5 /5

It further adds that it is the best movie of the year

Raaja :D 's movie is big plus including songs

karlkalyan
26th November 2010, 01:01 PM
It is true- the ASK story of Raaja suddenly asking for more budget because he wants to bring in musicians from Budapest.

He agreed to a total package of Rs.50 lacs. And this whole film has to be sold only on the name of Suseendiran. And it is an experimental film with no star cast. And natually it will have a limited business prospects. Hence our man suddenly hiking the music budget is some thing this project can not bear.

More over, what is the need for insisting on these few players from Budapest even when the budget does not permit? After all, you have done 99.9% your movies with local musicians, right?

In fact recently, he lost another movie to GV Prakash because of such going back on his words.

There is a movie produced by Punnagai Poo Geetha, a new lady is the director, forgot her name. Originally Raaja agreed for 40 lacs as a package. Then he slowly started brain washing the director that the story is too good, and to make it a good finished product, he needs another 20 lacs bla bla...the usual story. That director tried her best and finally gave up and went to GV and who has agreed to do it for 30 lacs.

Now don't tell me, that GV can not be compared with what Raaja could have done. At the end of the day, it is business. And all elements of the costing should be in relation to the possible business of the finished product. That lady director and the producer know very well that Raaja will add more weight to the RR. But then they will be finishing the product with a table loss, which they can not afford.

Even for Nandalala, the original package was for Rs.40 lacs. Then mid way thru he increased to Rs. 60 lacs because he brought in four players from Budapest.

Now the question is, whether what he achieved with them, is some thing he could not have done with available talents here, right?

MumbaiRamki
26th November 2010, 01:14 PM
karlkalyan,
When you ask "what he achieved with them ? " - It is very difficult to explain . The effect of Background score in a film is very subtle and can be appreciated where the background score was bad , as if its good, the effect is pronounced on the viewing of the film rather than on the music .

You can see the effect in Heyram, Pazassi Raja, Lajja and many other movies : The grandeur can never be accomplished with the small sized orchestra here .

As far as GV/IR stuff , one has to see what IR would have done with the hungary muscians if budget allowed . Merely finishing a project on budget doen't ensure that the resultant quality is the best !
And above all , Raaja's suggestion was more for making the movie better and not for pocketing ( i hope so ) .

Sureshs65
26th November 2010, 07:50 PM
karlkalyan,

From what I saw last year, Raja has done lot of music for films like 'Kannukulle', 'Madhiya Chennai', 'Jaganmohini', 'Valmiki' etc where no foreign artists were involved. He probably saw the movie and decided that such music was not necessary. Whereas when he saw 'Nandalala' he had asked for foreign musicians and we can feel the impact even in the trailer. And if you go by all the reports coming in, music is a major highlight of the film. My feeling is that Raja is probably sure that Suseendran has done a good movie and deserves high quality BGM. Maybe if 'Nandalala' is successful, it may inspire Gautam Menon to go in for such orchestration?

karlkalyan
26th November 2010, 10:38 PM
Boss,

You have to do music with the available resources, which the budget can permit. Just because you feel like that, you can not say only an addition from Budapest will add to the weight of the RR music. That is not fair. Particularly when you have accepted the assignment for a particular budget.

Gautham has said that for this film ASG, he can not afford, and so they are sticking to the orginal budget. More over this film has just three songs. And the RR. Just because you feel some thing, you can not keep on asking for more in the name of enhancing the quality of your RR. I will say, please do your best with what is available here. And that is what you have been doing till now, right?

Even considering that addition, what difference that would have made?

For Nandalala, he had a solo violin, oboe, and a Brass player. This is not some thing that he could not have managed here with his regular resources. Don't tell me that quality of the live Oboe would have been better than a Oboe from his synthesizer. But then that is where your strength comes right? Producing the best with available resources. And the skill set available is not that bad. They may not able to play the kind of score played effortlessly by Budapest gang continously. Because those guys are trained in WC and mostly for concert performances. But our guys, who are all trained WC musicians but mostly working in studio session works, can play that also but with breaks. That is all. So please don't under estimate the skill of our home crowd.

njv
26th November 2010, 10:47 PM
Boss,

You have to do music with the available resources, which the budget can permit. Just because you feel like that, you can not say only an addition from Budapest will add to the weight of the RR music. That is not fair. Particularly when you have accepted the assignment for a particular budget.

Gautham has said that for this film ASG, he can not afford, and so they are sticking to the orginal budget. More over this film has just three songs. And the RR. Just because you feel some thing, you can not keep on asking for more in the name of enhancing the quality of your RR. I will say, please do your best with what is available here. And that is what you have been doing till now, right?

Even considering that addition, what difference that would have made?

For Nandalala, he had a solo violin, oboe, and a Brass player. This is not some thing that he could not have managed here with his regular resources. Don't tell me that quality of the live Oboe would have been better than a Oboe from his synthesizer. But then that is where your strength comes right? Producing the best with available resources. And the skill set available is not that bad. They may not able to play the kind of score played effortlessly by Budapest gang continously. Because those guys are trained in WC and mostly for concert performances. But our guys, who are all trained WC musicians but mostly working in studio session works, can play that also but with breaks. That is all. So please don't under estimate the skill of our home crowd.

Lol... If movie doesnt demand IR, go to GKV or even come to me. I will do it for 2L!

If movie demand IR, 40 or 60L is not a matter at all. Remember, we are in the world where the scams have reached 17trillion rupees (probably biggest scam in the world)... so 60L is nothing these days.

irir123
26th November 2010, 10:56 PM
business or no business - if one needs quality, then one has to shell out money - when artistes are making crores doing unartistic game shows, what is wrong in a genuine artiste asking for 20 lakhs to enhance the quality of a 'product' ?

we have production houses spending lakhs for an audio release function somewhere overseas, when the quality of the audio being released itself does not demand such a hype, right ?

so why not spend a few more lakhs for quality that will stand the test of time ?

Sureshs65
26th November 2010, 11:55 PM
karlkalyan,

Whether the producer agrees or not, it is his / her prerogative. The music director can tell his preference and later I guess it is upto the producer. So why jump on the music director for having suggested it. As you say, Gautham Menon wants to stick to his budget and maybe Raja will do the movie as per the budget. And there ends the matter.

I think lot of people may not be in agreement with you that the Oboe that emanates out of the synthesizer is equivalent to an acoustic one. So I guess we will disagree here. similarly, I would think that Raja knows a thing or two about the playing of the Hungarian musicians vis-a-vis our musicians. As I had said earlier, he is using our musicians wherever he can and wants to bring in top quality foreign musicians only when required.

irir123 has hit the nail on the head. I read a joke in Anantha Vikatan today. The director is telling someone, "This is a complete village subject film. The music release will be held overseas." The amount of money being spent on marketing is enormous nowadays. The motto seems to be "Forget the quality of the product per se. Lets get some good marketing tamasha going on." Raja asking for better musicians is akin to a cameraman asking for better lens. The impact on quality is bound to be high. If the producer chooses not to, as I said it is his / her right. The ultimate losers is people like us.

jaiganes
26th November 2010, 11:58 PM
@karlkayan - To give you a history trip...
Raaja is the most whimsical egoistic person on this whole planet earth. He is in fact Darth Vader incarnate. This has been already established in "the hub". So try finding new evidence that can elevate his position in history of villains even more. The accusations you are making are much too soft on him. Try something harder.

tvsankar
27th November 2010, 12:16 AM
@karlkayan - To give you a history trip...
Raaja is the most whimsical egoistic person on this whole planet earth. He is in fact Darth Vader incarnate. This has been already established in "the hub". So try finding new evidence that can elevate his position in history of villains even more. The accusations you are making are much too soft on him. Try something harder.

hahahaha.. Nice reply..... hahahahahahhahahahaha......

appushiva
27th November 2010, 12:46 AM
[tscii:2141b721ba] :thumbsup: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump:

First I should thank for my friends who analyse and support Raja in good faith in this hub.

Now , Again in Nandalala , Raja Sir proved single handed that he is ultimate in flim music. I was worried that may 2010 go without any jewels in his crown , but it is wrong. Happy to see the movie reviews.

Here is the one from Behindwoods.com

"In all these portions the words that are left unsaid are magnificently conveyed by Ilaiyaraja’s notes. Mysskin had said during the making of the movie that Ilaiyaraja’s score will be one of the characters of the movie; how true. Each and every sound from the master elevates the movie to a new level. Oscar or not; he is the ultimate genius when it comes to creating soulful music that enhances the viewing experience"

I am trying my luck to watch the movie in theatre ,,,, in middle east.

Long live Raja sir :cheer: [/tscii:2141b721ba]

NagaS
27th November 2010, 12:51 AM
நண்பர்காள்,

வம்பு இருக்கட்டும். 20 லட்சச் சண்டைக்குப்பிறகும் அழகர்சாமி குதிரைக்கு இசையமைப்பாளர் ராஜாதானே? ஐயா முறைச்சுகிட்டு வெளியே வந்துடலியே? அவங்க இவரை விட்டுட்டு தேவிஸ்ரீபிரசாத்கிட்ட ஓடிடலியே? அதைமட்டும் யாராச்சும் உறுதி செய்யுங்க ப்ளீஸ். ரொம்ப டென்ஷனாக்கீது! :)

NagaS

irir123
27th November 2010, 08:14 AM
karlkalyan,

Whether the producer agrees or not, it is his / her prerogative. The music director can tell his preference and later I guess it is upto the producer. So why jump on the music director for having suggested it. As you say, Gautham Menon wants to stick to his budget and maybe Raja will do the movie as per the budget. And there ends the matter.

I think lot of people may not be in agreement with you that the Oboe that emanates out of the synthesizer is equivalent to an acoustic one. So I guess we will disagree here. similarly, I would think that Raja knows a thing or two about the playing of the Hungarian musicians vis-a-vis our musicians. As I had said earlier, he is using our musicians wherever he can and wants to bring in top quality foreign musicians only when required.

irir123 has hit the nail on the head. I read a joke in Anantha Vikatan today. The director is telling someone, "This is a complete village subject film. The music release will be held overseas." The amount of money being spent on marketing is enormous nowadays. The motto seems to be "Forget the quality of the product per se. Lets get some good marketing tamasha going on." Raja asking for better musicians is akin to a cameraman asking for better lens. The impact on quality is bound to be high. If the producer chooses not to, as I said it is his / her right. The ultimate losers is people like us.

at the risk of sounding judgemental, I must say that most of the desi makkals I have encountered here in the US have very superficial preferences regarding anything - there is no deep-rooted passion to learn/understand/appreciate things - be it art, science or sport - IMO, a substantial percentage of the 'see-it-now-forget-it-thereafter' makkals get very easily swayed by glitzy marketed products rather than objectively looking at things and deciding for themselves whether they like it or not!

Plum
27th November 2010, 09:19 AM
Jai, not so fast. Everything raja was targetted for, people are defending their own idols on the same count now :lol:
You feel the mosquito only when it pinches you.
The established norms for humility etc are gettting broken now.
Mainstream media will continue to be conservative but what of that? We have our small victories

Sureshs65
27th November 2010, 06:44 PM
irir123,

Forget people coming to US. It is exactly the same here. As I wrote in a brief review of one recent album / bgm of a famous film, "Technology at his disposal, money at his disposal and the music director creates disposable music." How to recover the money over the first weekend is the general problem now, for Bollywood, Kollywood or Tollywood. So the quality is looked into only if it adds to the sales. Else you can always have a great launch!!!

njv
27th November 2010, 06:45 PM
very superficial preferences regarding anything - there is no deep-rooted passion to learn/understand/appreciate things - be it art, science or sport

<digression>

Thats the definition of "desi", be it here in US or in India. Desi world start and end in "Bribe/Money-Movie-Sex-Cricket".

Happened to be in TN last week, OMG. Here I am, fighting to remove a T-Mobile tower near our area (risk to child and nervous system in general), there in Chennai, there is a huge marketting going on to install CellPhone tower in your own home (motta maadi) for Rs 5000. Next page, there is an ad for reversing the effect (towerukku thaayaththu kattidaraangapa!). Unfreaking believable.

God only save our people from such madness!

</digression>

Sureshs65
28th November 2010, 12:35 AM
To all the doubters, a very nice interview of Raja by Myskkin. Same questions as asked here asked and answered. Gives a clear idea of Raja's understanding of cinema and of BGM.

Our Sanjeevi posted the link in twitter. Here it is:

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/illayaraja-3/

V_S
28th November 2010, 05:52 AM
To all the doubters, a very nice interview of Raja by Myskkin. Same questions as asked here asked and answered. Gives a clear idea of Raja's understanding of cinema and of BGM.

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/illayaraja-3/Yes, that's an excellent interview. The most interesting part to me, especially when Mysskin tells that for a scene he wrote 4 pages of dialogue when a son comes to meet the mother. He even tried taking that shot some 20 times and admits that he failed as a director and writer and decides only music can talk at sub-text level, not the dialogues, for such scenes. :clap:
And the whole background score prior to above discussion (for the same scene, I think, which they were talking about), scintillating :2thumbsup:

kingvj
30th November 2010, 04:43 AM
IR listed in Shah Rukh's Ra.One in which Sukhwinder sings a song. Onnum puriyaliye...!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra.One lists IR and Hans Zimmer... :omg:

Sukhwinder sings in Ra.One under IR.. http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sukhwinder-sings-for-SRK/Article1-582118.aspx

Am I late in these news? Indhiyavukku sudhandhiram kedachaachaa?

jaiganes
30th November 2010, 05:09 AM
IR listed in Shah Rukh's Ra.One in which Sukhwinder sings a song. Onnum puriyaliye...!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra.One lists IR and Hans Zimmer... :omg:

Sukhwinder sings in Ra.One under IR.. http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sukhwinder-sings-for-SRK/Article1-582118.aspx

Am I late in these news? Indhiyavukku sudhandhiram kedachaachaa?
incorrect news reports.
no need to worry.

K
30th November 2010, 05:19 PM
http://urssimbu.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post_28.html

இந்தப் பாடலைக் கேட்கும்போது நம்மையறியாமல் கண்கள் குளமாவதைத் தடுக்க முடியாது, அந்தளவுக்கு நெகிழ்ச்சியும் உணர்வுகளும் கலந்து நம்மை
உருக்கமாய் உணர்வுகளூடே பயணித்து கரைய வைத்திருக்கிறார் ராகதேவன் பாடல்களுக்கு இடையே வரும்( interlude) இசை கூட நம்மை ஏதோ செய்கிறது,மற்றொன்று ராகதேவனின் குரல்,இந்தப் பாடலை ராஜாவைத்தவிர வேறு பாடகர்கள் பாடினால் இந்தளவுக்கு நம்மை உருக்கமாய் நெகிழவைத்திருக்க முடியுமா என்பது சந்தேகம்தான், அந்தளவுக்கு ராஜாவின் குரலும் ஜீவனும் நம்மை கட்டிப்போடுகிறது.

rajkumarc
30th November 2010, 07:29 PM

The video seems to have been removed. Any other links to this interview, please? Thanks.

appushiva
2nd December 2010, 05:25 PM
Hello ,

Just checked the site Aynagaran , it happened to check the viewers response for Nandalala movie, where most of them highlight raja sir's music.

Kindly go to the below site and click the AUDIENCE REVIEW VEDIO link

http://www.ayngaran.com/frame.php?iframepath=home.php

People like us are more in chennai who like's Raja sir and his music...

Regards

NormalMan
3rd December 2010, 04:37 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/24600.html

Suresh openly admitting they rode on IR's wave. Quite true indeed.

V_S
3rd December 2010, 09:43 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/24600.html

Suresh openly admitting they rode on IR's wave. Quite true indeed.
Yes, it gave me goosebumps when Suresh told how IR's music was backbone and when he admitted that "Avarai Vetchi thaan Naanga Vaazhnthutom", my eyes got wet.

Hats off and thanks to Suresh for acknowledging openly!!

Thanks NormalMan for sharing.

MumbaiRamki
3rd December 2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/24559.html

I think and think - that the appreciation for background score is more below the vindhyas and than above it . Think about this , its a neither a song , nor a heroine dropping down to take a pencil , nor a crass song , nor a punch that results in 50 people flying, nor your 50+ old hero masked in a wig ...

But its just a small kid ruminating and running to pick a kid - nothing great ( but nice) visuals - but the crowd gives a big applause when the music ends - NOw where in th earth, such appreciation of background score is there ?

PS : I was once speaking to my dear friend from Mumbai. When asked about interludes in songs , this was his reply " They are not really necessary , but just fillers ! " - their appreciation of music is much more for lyrics and the tone i guess.

appushiva
3rd December 2010, 06:23 PM
Dear Ramki,

We have to be pity for these people having not felt or tasted the emotional feelings in music. If they care more about lyrics then they can buy lots of poems written by great poets around the world. Even in our house one person will be a capable of writing poems and can be read or hear....

The present mad flim industry fails to recognise that the good movie is a combinatination of talents in their respective fields. In our tamil industry ... Bagayaraj tries to give music, vikram sings , cheran acts , and out put is a complete nonsense.

And , certain directors know well when their movie blended with raja's music it elevates to higher level but they dont want , you know why , they want to be spoken by mass that the movie is hit because of their talent , the success should not be shared ......
But, indirectly they fail to entertain obsolutely. If these directors ignore the songs or the background , let them take movies without any backgrond score and show real sounds , car chase ,figts let it be original without any sound track,,, Can they go for this alternate... Example of recent moives, Nadoodigal - inspite of good plot the movie fails in background score and songs. No body now remembers the plot only the song be in period and be with us.
Who can change them...................

Again i am not yealing to do movies with only for Ilayaraja sir.. you can go to certain music directors who gives music in our cultural templates , I am searching nowadays after IR , Baradwaj and Vidya sagar.... :!:

irir123
4th December 2010, 12:38 AM
its not their (those from across the Vindhyas) fault that they did not have someone like IR to groom them in the art of BGM listening/appreciation! so, to be condescending is unfair - 'for they know not, what it is'

app_engine
4th December 2010, 12:40 AM
'for they know not, what it is'

app_engine
4th December 2010, 01:12 AM
No white dress here, looks like silk saree (http://entertainment.in.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=4654135&page=3)

[html:801442accf]
http://stbjp.msn.com/i/17/D6E7384A9C4D63AFA3D3E22616952.jpg
[/html:801442accf]

irir123
4th December 2010, 01:23 AM

The video seems to have been removed. Any other links to this interview, please? Thanks.

Why does Mysskin show up as someone who is afraid of IR ? why has it become a habit for our filmmakers to show themselves as being submissive of someone who is as senior as IR, rather than show them genuine respect ??

Mysskin's slouched shoulders and clasping hands together was definitely embarassing to watch!

both of them were part of a creative team and are talking about their product and why cudnt they both behave as collaborators and not as a senior-novice pair doing a faceoff ?

does IR elicit such a behavior from the people he works with, or, is it just people's perception that he expects ppl to behave that way ??

i have not seen film-makers behaving in such a fashion with ARR or MSV !