PDA

View Full Version : Jab Tak Hai Jaan | ARR | Shah Rukh | Yash Chopra

ajaybaskar
22nd August 2012, 06:02 PM
Release Date: 13 November 2012
Director: Yash Chopra
Music: A.R. Rahman
Lyrics: Gulzar

The eternal romantic teams up with the king of romance once again.

As already announced, Yash Chopra's next directorial venture stars the king of romance, Shahrukh Khan. As Yashji put it earlier, "Everyone knows that when I make a movie, Shahrukh will be involved with it. He is like family to YRF and I have always regarded him as one of my own."

Orchestrated by Yash Chopra, this untitled movie will mark the coming together yet again of the award winning duo of the music maestro A. R. Rahman and the poet & lyricist, Gulzar.

ajaybaskar
22nd August 2012, 06:05 PM
https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVAhgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG 93L2xhcmdlL2FtZWh0di5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=BetC580PH_ZxI3NUfG6bGUDvsuSPbR0xzNfgH1Tjfvg
https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQQVAhgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG 93L2xhcmdlL2FtZWk1ai5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=wMVF_2CjAao67lPSeJ60Y87rMiNT6Ux-PDPqDCmr-18

ajaybaskar
22nd August 2012, 06:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApoyH11WJWo

Sunil_M88
26th August 2012, 04:58 AM
Rabbi and Raghav on board :musicsmile: Waiting for more suprises! Hopefully audio should be out in just over a month from now... can't wait :happydance:

Senareb
26th August 2012, 01:27 PM
Katrina kaif voice in ARR musiq is rumour one...

baroque
26th August 2012, 11:00 PM
Can't wait for Rahman's album with Yashraj film!
:musicsmile:

ajaybaskar
11th September 2012, 09:09 AM
The film has been titled 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'.

Master, pls do the needful.

ajaybaskar
11th September 2012, 09:14 AM
http://twitpic.com/show/iphone/atd2j3

Senareb
11th September 2012, 09:31 AM
Title is taken frm famous song from 'Sholay'

SoftSword
11th September 2012, 03:03 PM
srk with his trademark noserubbing, which was abused a lot in dilse...
hmmm... dhaadi'laam vechirukkaar... chak de maadhiri irundhaa nallaa irukkum..

venkkiram
11th September 2012, 04:32 PM
யஷ் சோப்ராவுடன் இணையும் முதல் படம். ஒரு ரங்கீலா போல ஒட்டுமொத்த இந்தியர்களையும் கட்டிப்போடணும். இப்பவே கர்சிப் போட்டு வைக்கிறேன். இந்தத் திரிக்கு.

Senareb
11th September 2012, 06:55 PM
taran adarsh ‏@taran_adarsh
Those asking, the theatrical trailer of #JabTakHaiJaan will be launched on Yash-ji's birthday on 27 September.

Sunil_M88
12th September 2012, 02:45 AM
I'm not gonna start the hyperbole act left, right and center. I'm gonna try and be quiet patient with all the pre-hype surrounding this OST.

There's plenty of fireworks already going off as the project marks KING KHAN and RAHMAN JI MERGING AFTER SWADES :bow: 14 days to go, till trailer :woo-hoo:

ajaybaskar
12th September 2012, 10:27 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/395248_10152105734195201_376343857_n.jpg

SoftSword
12th September 2012, 03:26 PM
I'm not gonna start the hyperbole act left, right and center. I'm gonna try and be quiet patient with all the pre-hype surrounding this OST.

There's plenty of fireworks already going off as the project marks KING KHAN and RAHMAN JI MERGING AFTER SWADES :bow: 14 days to go, till trailer :woo-hoo:

lol... i read it as KING KONG

V_S
12th September 2012, 08:08 PM
:lol:

baroque
12th September 2012, 10:01 PM
I heard the story is based on novel set in WWII - love triangle.
Shahrukh wearing an army suit.
anyway.... :)
I kick start the celebration with Doordarshan fame N.Datta & Sahir 's tu hindu bane ga na musalman bane ga... this morning!:musicsmile:
thanks!
vinatha

SoftSword
12th September 2012, 10:05 PM
period story madhiri theriyala...
the still shows SRK in Royal Enfield...

baroque
12th September 2012, 10:09 PM
it's not a period movie but contemporary presentation of the novel- love triangle.
I heard the male character gets jealous.

SoftSword
12th September 2012, 10:11 PM
oh ok,
neenga dhan 'based on the novel set in ww2' apdinneenga... hence i mistook u r saying it as a period movie...

baroque
12th September 2012, 10:19 PM
I searched and found this link.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/what-is-yash-chopras-shahrukh-khan-katrina-kaif-anushka-sharma-starrer-all-about/

The End of the Affair by Graham Greene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_of_the_Affair

Parthyy
12th September 2012, 11:37 PM
raone maari padamellam tamil dubunaanuga..pls rels atleast audio in tamil for rahman like uyirae desam
Cha roomla ellaam hindi paatu hifi speakerla woofer effectla pasanga evanum poda vidamaataanuga...illeterate pellows..avanavanukku avanavan prachanai

Sunil_M88
14th September 2012, 02:36 AM
From the movie's first look and screen shots, it looks mundane and because I'm a pacifist I don't comprehend the army sub-theme/backdrop. That said, I'm not really interested in the movie but I still don't understand the poking at SRK throughout the hub :confused: I respect him because he's pretty much made his career from scratch.

My prediction WRT songs give or take a few...

1 patriotic song, 1 YRF stereotypical Punjabi family song, 1 male pathos, and... wait for it... a romantic song situated around trees, mountain and the rest of the works lol

SoftSword
14th September 2012, 03:09 PM
raone maari padamellam tamil dubunaanuga..pls rels atleast audio in tamil for rahman like uyirae desam
Cha roomla ellaam hindi paatu hifi speakerla woofer effectla pasanga evanum poda vidamaataanuga...illeterate pellows..avanavanukku avanavan prachanai

kitchen, fridge, hall indha maadhiri edamellaam matthavanga control...
but musci department, all details only i know... hindhi.. sindhi... whatever...
jodha akbar'laam 8 pera night show kootti poi eluppivittu eluppivittu paakka vechirukkaen... avlo patient'aana pasanga, sakkarakattila pongittaanunga... interval'nu pOtta udanae adichaanunga paaru visulu... PVR therichiruchu..

Sunil_M88
15th September 2012, 05:56 AM
Yash Chopra's muse Lata Mangeshkar missing from his new film

Yash Chopra's soul sister, muse and Mata Saraswati- reincarnated Lata Mangeshkar isn't singing in the director's new venture. It's a first in his long and illustrious career as a filmmaker. From the time Yash Chopra turned producer-director in 1973 with Daag, Lataji's voice has been integral to Yash Chopra's creativity and cinema right until his last directorial venture Veer-Zaara.

In a conversation with this writer Yashji gushed, "Lataji has always been so kind to me. She can never say no to me. As long as I am there and she's there, she'll continue to sing for my films. She's a legend beyond all human definition of the word. She's my sister and I'm so proud of her. That's why I say she's one singer who doesn't follow music, music follows her. When I see her I feel very small and humbled. There're no words to describe her. She's truly the Bharat Ratna. I'm blessed to have her love."

To therefore find Lataji's name missing from the credits of a new Yash Chopra film would be shock to the audience, akin to Agra without the Taj Mahal.

While Yashji refrained from any comment a source close to the new project reveals that the decision to bypass Lataji was taken by Aditya Chopra and the rest of the team.

Says the source, "Yashji was adamant that Lataji sing. It's a commitment he has made to her and to himself. Yashji's new film's music composer A R Rahman and lyricist Gulzar were also keen to bring together the 'Jiya Jale Jaan Jale' Lataji-AR-Gulzar team together once again. But the rest of the crew felt Lataji's voice didn't match Katrina Kaif's voice at all. They regretfully decided to make do without Lataji's voice."

When one touched base with Lataji on the matter, she had no clue why she was not singing for the new Yash Chopra film. "I don't now know what Yashji has in mind for me. If he calls me I will go without a second thought. He's very dear to me, like my brother. Whether I sing for his new film or not doesn't take away my love for him. Maybe there's nothing suitable for me this time."

Apparently, Yashji known to be an extremely simple and emotional soul has not been able to face up to Lataji after this painful swerve away from the voice that added so much to his cinema.

source: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/1560583/Yash-Chopra's-muse-Lata-Mangeshkar-missing-from-his-new-film

What a p*sstake :banghead: If I remember correctly, she sang a bubbly number for Preity Zinta in Veer-Zaara :roll:

Now that's already one minus point for the OST :(

A.ANAND
15th September 2012, 02:43 PM
Soundtrack:

1. Tere Hawale Karta Hoon - AR Rahman, Chitra
2. Koi Manzil Doondhta Aaya - Javed Ali
3. Khwaboon Mein (Jab Tak Hai Jaan) - Sonu Nigam, Chinmayi
4. Dil Keh Raha Hai - Benny Dayal
5. Tumsa Haseen - Javed Ali, Chinmayi
6. Tere Kurbaan - Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal

-arryg

satissh_r
15th September 2012, 03:26 PM
Soundtrack:

1. Tere Hawale Karta Hoon - AR Rahman, Chitra
2. Koi Manzil Doondhta Aaya - Javed Ali
3. Khwaboon Mein (Jab Tak Hai Jaan) - Sonu Nigam, Chinmayi
4. Dil Keh Raha Hai - Benny Dayal
5. Tumsa Haseen - Javed Ali, Chinmayi
6. Tere Kurbaan - Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal

-arryg

Definitely a fake list Anand, believe it only if it comes from Gopal Srinivasan or Vijay Iyer

A.ANAND
15th September 2012, 03:32 PM
thought same!chimaiyee list-la iruthale ippa ellam vaitha kalakuthu!

Sunil_M88
15th September 2012, 04:04 PM
Definitely a fake list Anand, believe it only if it comes from Gopal Srinivasan or Vijay Iyer

LOL Some one has so much free time! They could've made it slightly more realistic by adding Rabbi and Raghav :) That's what gave it away for me.

Senareb
16th September 2012, 09:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A27HndrCIAAp69g.jpg

A.ANAND
20th September 2012, 09:15 AM
This is what Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) tweeted a while back -

"Wot sources r seeıng traıler & commentıng.One day i want to meet these sources.ha ha. Ok wıll post the traıler lınk tomorrow for all.Promise!".

-ARRYG

satissh_r
20th September 2012, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0UXgoJ9Shg&feature=youtu.be

sureshmehcnit
20th September 2012, 01:54 PM
Guess there is going to be lot of Guitars in Jab thak hai Jaan music.

Guitars, Mandolins, soaring strings - typical Chopra musical elements packed Rahman style. Sounds good.

Can't wait!

Mahen
20th September 2012, 05:58 PM
looks like this year diwali FDFS hindi padam thaan :) thupaki ellam next day thaan

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 06:15 PM
Trailer seems like extended product placement of SOTC/Mahindra holidays.

sureshmehcnit
20th September 2012, 06:19 PM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan Trailer 1 & 2 Music as single audio clip

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2012/09/jab-tak-hai-jaan-trailer-music-arrahman.html

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 06:53 PM
Trailer seems like extended product placement of SOTC/Mahindra holidays.

I don't know what's more dangerously tepid than exotic. The curves on Ladakh or on Katrina Kaif, the tower bridge or her legs?

At least we live in hope with ARR's meesik, Sharugh back to tolerable zone, hope army background is as a doctor or chief cook

musiukunit
20th September 2012, 08:12 PM
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/jab-tak-hai-jaan-track-similar-to-motorcycle-diaries/293486-8-66.html

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 08:34 PM
Trailer is usually cut and put together by someone else..

musiukunit
20th September 2012, 09:18 PM
Trailer is usually cut and put together by someone else..
Guitars, Mandolins, soaring strings - typical Chopra musical elements packed Rahman style. Sounds good.
:-D

sureshmehcnit
20th September 2012, 09:49 PM
:-D

:-D Guitars, Mandolins, soaring strings - typical Chopra musical elements packed Rahman style. Sounds good.

ajaybaskar
20th September 2012, 11:42 PM
Adappaavigala.. Trailerke gelusil stock vaanga vendiyirukkum polaye.. :lol2:

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 11:46 PM
Ippo naan enna sonnEn. Ada paavi'nu sollunga.

ajaybaskar
20th September 2012, 11:49 PM
K_G Bhai,

Adhu ungalukkaana post illa.. :) We love constructive criticism and hence we love u..

Senareb
20th September 2012, 11:49 PM
thamma thundu trailer'ke cat copy ya...

innum padam vantha...ARR vaazhkkai.. :rotfl:

Sunil_M88
21st September 2012, 04:00 AM
Satissh and Suresh Ji :clap:

The trailer doesn’t evoke the synonymous YRF WOW factor and the teaser was more impressive (musically) on first impressions. That said, I was only watching the trailer for Rahman Ji (Forget the rest).

My two cent:
Where is the signature melody in the trailer? Ref. Dil To Pagal Hai title song, Veer-Zaara’s Tere Liye, etc.
No singing :shock:
Rahman Ji’s name just appears in the subscript just when the trailer ends. :disgusted:
This is the first time I’ve felt like this in 20 years. Is it me or have I missed the typical Rahman Ji stamp? Usually with Rahman Ji, I always find nuances specific to him even if the whole package is different. His love for acoustic guitars recently, is undoubtedly very glaring and as a matter of fact, after closing my eyes and just listening to the trailer’s BGM on loop for a few times, I feel the music in the trailer is indeed very haunting and out of nowhere the whoosh of the electric guitar comes breaking all melodious conventions of YRF trailers.

When an album doesn’t contain a typical stamp by our Isai Puyal, it can only result in a path-breaking music!

Whatever the outcome, Rahman Ji has definitely entered a new phase in his career. First it was, “Dotted line” and now this. If the music teaser was upbeat and catchy, then in the trailer it has a folk like waltz structure which is sombrely pulsating (oxymoron) to the core. Are we welcoming a new Rahman Ji here? I think we are! :musicsmile:

brigs
22nd September 2012, 06:08 AM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan Trailer 1 & 2 Music as single audio clip

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2012/09/jab-tak-hai-jaan-trailer-music-arrahman.html

Suresh - Love your blog. Good work combining both musical pieces from both trailers. I love guitars and oh boy! ARR's back on it after stupendous Rockstar. Can't wait for the audio release.

MADDY
22nd September 2012, 07:18 AM
sure its going to be a musical treat.......very strong on strings section........

raghavendran
22nd September 2012, 08:38 AM
amazing music...looks like we are going to have a new album every 2 months starting with this one..:D

sureshmehcnit
23rd September 2012, 07:09 AM
Now you can buy that trailer music with Poem on Flipkart/iTunes A.R.Rahman is officially credited as the composer.

http://www.flipkart.com/jab-tak-hai-jaan-poem/p/itmddnd7znabyhyu?pid=DGADDND7GPETTVMM&ref=f0ce64e6-3b51-4e47-b14b-5f2114d86344

Sunil_M88
25th September 2012, 03:06 AM
A.R. Rahman

Please, just stare at the name above for a few seconds... How do you feel now, at ease, relaxed? I hope so!

“Ar-Rahman” means the exceedingly compassionate, the exceedingly beneficent and the exceedingly gracious in Arabic. “Ar-Rahman” is also the first amongst the ninety-nine names of God (Allah) in the Holy Qur’an, not that it makes any difference to what I’m going to write ahead. Well, does it, you decide?!

A.R. Rahman or Rahman Ji (as I and many other devotees address him) must feel really irritated at the fact there are so many aspiring Music Directors (MDs) who want to be just like him.

It is not hard to follow the path lead by him: Have faith in God, stay humble and most importantly choose love and for aspiring MDs: Be inspired (please don’t copy), hence be original and believe in yourself.

Here we have a MD, who has no option but to change his style with every release due to so many clones emerging out of nowhere but IMO he would be doing so anyway regardless of clones being present or not because he has been a risk taker from day one. Or maybe he changes his style so that others will follow and reinvent themselves too. We don’t need to ask the real torchbearer of music to stand up. Here is man who has conquered the world and with the rate of technological advancements he will also be popular amongst extraterrestrials (OK, maybe not). He started off with fusion in his career (sorry, as I know some hate this term) and also has been sticking to all the conventions of popular genres, such as Classical, Waltz, Folk, Jazz, Rock, Latino, Electronic, Carnatic, Qawwali, Bhajan, and Bhangra, to name a few but the list is never ending, thus proving he isn’t in the scene only to follow the directors note but also to push himself to experiment even within his musical confinements. Composing the norm to any musical genre is rather boring but the way he experiments and improvises on already set examples makes you feel the love he has for music.

He is so humble that he doesn’t utter any criticisms against his detractors and clones and so lets his music do the talking in hope that those who want to be like him will also change their style and provide new sounds. We already have a few MDs following this standard.
So he has indirectly been teaching so many via the nuances put forth in his own material.

When you have passion for your work, then there is no competition and it is just about giving yourself and others joy. Once in a lifetime composer and I’m happy that his music has penetrated from my ears to my blood stream to my mind to my soul.

I salute this living legend that was, is and will probably continue to be a door to the world of music!

That said, we can now proceed with our opinions on “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” when it releases. Just a humble request to keep the discussions sensible please.

Thank you and Happy listening

Sunil Malhotra

A.ANAND
25th September 2012, 12:25 PM
JAB TAK HAI JAAN: A landmark music is awaited!

DIL SE, GURU, RAVAN, DILLI 6, SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, etc, the Rahman-Gulzar combo has always worked magic. The maestro’s spellbinding melodies and the master craftsman words has worked together in tandem and created music that has been loved by all. So when the two came together to create music for king of romance, SRK’s then untitled project, directed by none other than veteran director Yash Chopra , naturally expectations rose sky high.

For the uninitiated, it was us way back during last December (2011) when we had informed our patrons about the first song of the now titled, JAB TAK HAI JAAN. It was confirmed by none other than Gulzar Sahab himself who had revealed that they had already finalised the first song and that Yash Chopra is ecstatic with the result.

Even though the first song promo has not yet been revealed, but when we saw the superb promo of JTHJ, unleashed to tumultuous response, just a few days back, we could hear some scintillating music that accompanied the wonderful, yet simple to comprehend poetry narrated by lead actor, Shah Rukh Khan.

The soothing and highly refreshing background notes of ‘santoor’, the folk instrument of Jammu & Kashmir, is adding to the air of romance.

Just to inform our patrons, Pandit Shiv Prasad Sharma, the exponent of ‘santoor’, who has worked with Yash Chopra (along with Hari Prasad Chaurasia, as Shiv-Hari), in films like SILSILA, CHANDNI, LAMHE, DARR etc and enthralled music lovers all over the world with some classy works (though the composer here is Rahman). And since a major portion of JTHJ has been shot extensively in Kashmir we do expect some lovely refreshing music, courtesy ‘santoor’.

One can also hear contemporary, modern music with violin, guitar and other western instruments in the background, that sets up the highly charged drama to perfection and it’s an insight for wonderful things to come.

Well, let’s just wait for ‘the’ day when the album of JAB TAK HAI JAAN releases, as per sources in the first week of next month, and we are sure that the audio will surely meet the humongous expectations of the audience!

http://www.bollywoodtrade.com/trade-news/jab-tak-hai-jaan-a-landmark-music-is-awaited/index.htm

sureshmehcnit
26th September 2012, 10:53 AM
It is official. Jab Tak Hai Jaan music releasing on Oct 6. 10 more days to go...

satissh_r
26th September 2012, 11:05 AM
It is official. Jab Tak Hai Jaan music releasing on Oct 6. 10 more days to go...

Whooooooo hooooooooooooooo!!!!! Thanks Suresh :D

SoftSword
26th September 2012, 06:13 PM
wah... good news...
finally something to keep us busy...

sathya_1979
26th September 2012, 06:13 PM
Whoever gets the info, PM the download link pls (CD will be ordered for home - Promise :) )

Mahen
26th September 2012, 07:55 PM
enakum oru parcelll pls..not easy to get hindi albums here

sureshmehcnit
1st October 2012, 09:43 AM
Challa Labda Phire - my expectations

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2012/09/jab-tak-hai-jaan-pre-release.html

satissh_r
1st October 2012, 12:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q5duWVfDJo

Super it is :)

brigs
1st October 2012, 01:55 PM
Loving the challa song, listened to it tens of time already. Fabulous guitar work. Rabbi's voice doesn't suit SRK at all. The voice and sing/acting comes through as so disjointed to me.

Sureshmehcnit - most of your guesses are true :) well done buddy!

tifosi
1st October 2012, 02:11 PM
for those who can't access uteep... but the video runs only for 2 minute 19 secs.

http://vimeo.com/50512717

satissh_r
1st October 2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImcIrSgKnCI

Full song, got it from yahoo groups

ajaybaskar
2nd October 2012, 12:09 AM
For download..

http://mp3khan.com/Challa-Jab-Tak-Hai-Jaan-Shah-Rukh-Khan-Single-Tracks.html

SoftSword
2nd October 2012, 02:17 AM
will take some time to get in terms with the song...
sariyaa otta maattengudhu...
yet to come out of naadhaan parindhae...

Sunil_M88
2nd October 2012, 02:20 AM
The deeper in meaning in “Challa”!

The package of “Challa” might seem more tailor-made for YRF and Rabbi at first but if you look at it from a different angle then the content is a complete Rahman Ji-Gulzar feast.

The video has SRK jovially parading around London with his guitar and by now it’s obvious that this is a love song but IMO the love reflected here is for “God” hence Rahman Ji and Gulzar deliver yet another “Sufi” song and from what it seems, it definitely was Rahman Ji’s idea to choose Rabbi, who brought a similar “Sufi” flavour in his “Bulla Ki Jaana” song. Please don’t forget Rahman Ji listens to a lot of music!

Just as “Ranjha” in famous Punjabi folk tale “Heer Ranjha” wanders all over Punjab reciting the name of the lord “Alakh Niranjan”, SRK here is wandering London singing “Challa”.

If you block out the background instruments then the melody is so alien to the genre that it is set too, please focus on the verse after the first interlude and hopefully you’ll understand me. It would’ve been apt for ethnic percussion. There could be another version in the movie, who knows?

After hearing the song continuously, it’s undeniable that the second interlude is parallel to the chorus portions of “Maaralente” and musically that’s the only part in this song where one can identify the vintage Rahman Ji stamp.

ajaybaskar
2nd October 2012, 08:49 AM
Sunil,

Can't agree more on the last para of yours. The second interlude is typical Rahmanish.

Sunil_M88
3rd October 2012, 02:42 AM
Anna :thumbsup: I knew I wasn't the only one who felt like this ;)

Expectations on “Ishq Shava”!

I know I will be proven wrong but wanted to share my thoughts anyway.

From the title, it seems like a Bhangra number and I really hope Rahman Ji at least has a part in this song. He might even be singing the whole song... maybe not! Rahman Ji was initially going to sing “Yeh tara, woh tara” but felt his voice didn’t suit SRK (DIl Se anyone?) Rahman Ji is one of the very few singers who can mould his voice to anything and everything.

On the contrary, this might be a multi-singer feast as it might be the YRF/Karan Johar family number. I know my expectations are pointless because when “Jhootha HI Sahi” track list came out, I thought “Maiyya Yashoda” would be a bhajan, a mother song or may be a two in one i.e. something similar to “Yashomati Maiya” but the song actually turned out It to be YRF family type song and further more it doesn't bear any resemblance to Rahman Ji’s previous material.

Rahman Ji has released two Bhangra numbers back to back, “Katiya Karun” and “Nimma Nimma”. While the former is folk, the latter delivers the UK band sound akin to Alaap and Heera.

The song could even be none of the above and could be a Rock number?! You can never be a sure with this man as he is the musical storm.

There’s a great comment by “ARMundra” on the “Challa” video – “ARR of 90s has moved on and never coming back. Stay with the train or get off at the next station.”

I would just like to add that don’t jump on the train expecting to reach where you want. Only go on, if you want to get lost but don’t worry you’re in safe hands as Rahman Ji is the driver.

This train has been running for 20 years now and we feel the driver is changing at every stop. Rahman Ji is the only artist that treats every album as a debut. :bow:

A.ANAND
3rd October 2012, 08:17 AM
Challa from SRK's Jab Tak Hai Jaan creates a frenzy on YouTube, garners 25,000 hits within hours

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/jab-tak-hai-jaan-challa-shah-rukh-khan-katrina-kaif-anushka-sharma/1/223043.html

Ramakrishna
3rd October 2012, 10:38 PM
Beautiful song. Instantly catchy. I am surprised that some of you haven't liked it.

satissh_r
3rd October 2012, 11:09 PM
You can pre order in Flipkart now

http://www.flipkart.com/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music/p/itmddzkuaajrajzv?pid=AVMDDZKTQGVUSUFM&ref=4b956fdb-2354-48b4-81f4-52c33626d264

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2012, 11:20 PM
I felt the same way when you didn't like VTV first.

shylu65
5th October 2012, 12:31 AM
"Challa ki labh da phire" is as really good as it gets. Initially, I wondered why this song doesn't have any sort of variations as it sounds repetitive. But now, I think the magic of this song is 'keeping it simple' - so easy on the ear :)

Despite the nitpicking over Rabbi Shergill, I am very much liking his rendition. It was so mesmerizing in certain places. For instance, the way he ends the verse "Rang satrangi rangi de, bulbula di di boli...Dhoop de pairi chale, chhavan ni lai lai doli" - loving it!

SoftSword
5th October 2012, 01:52 AM
I felt the same way when you didn't like VTV first.

VTV was a different beast... no comparisions here...

sureshmehcnit
5th October 2012, 07:52 AM
I couldn't find anything to dislike in Challa Ki Labda Phire. Sooper dooper song. Love it.

tifosi
5th October 2012, 03:46 PM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan: Is 'Challa' song copied from 'Save Tonight'?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Jab-Tak-Hai-Jaan-Is-Challa-song-copied-from-Save-Tonight/articleshow/16682832.cms

Mahen
5th October 2012, 03:53 PM
:banghead:... wasted my time checking out that song

tifosi
5th October 2012, 04:14 PM
:banghead:... wasted my time checking out that song

:-) why no similarity with that song? Tone of the article was so convincing that I thought it could have been a coincidence.

shylu65
5th October 2012, 07:06 PM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan: Is 'Challa' song copied from 'Save Tonight'?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Jab-Tak-Hai-Jaan-Is-Challa-song-copied-from-Save-Tonight/articleshow/16682832.cms

Whattey LAME comparison :D

littlemaster1982
5th October 2012, 07:38 PM
:-) why no similarity with that song? Tone of the article was so convincing that I thought it could have been a coincidence.

What else you can expect from ToI :)

SoftSword
5th October 2012, 07:40 PM
give another try...
first time i listened and did not feel anything...
second time i listened to that song, i was shocked that they were almost very similar....

Senareb
5th October 2012, 07:46 PM
original'o copy'yo thalaivar is ahead...:)

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg876/scaled.php?tn=0&server=876&filename=g7rnh.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Believe_it
6th October 2012, 10:20 AM
Shahrukh Khan - Learns to play the Guitar for "Challa" - Jab Tak Hai Jaan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vUjqZpnzM8

Believe_it
6th October 2012, 10:23 AM
Basically that opening guitar piece sounds the same with both tracks, but you don't need to listen to "Save Tonight" to come up with that kind of a guitar piece. It sounds like a standard guitar loop that might have been available in the commercial market. Rahman uses a lot of the freely available commercial loops that are available in the market for his soundtracks... These commercial loops are completely legal and free to use, and so many musicians use it in their songs. Rahman has been doing it almost since he entered the industry in 1992 and has even said about it in many interviews. Just because he is Rahman, people tend to scrutinize his works even more greatly.

A.ANAND
6th October 2012, 12:24 PM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan Music by October 10th: SRK

http://www.indicine.com/movies/bollywood/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-by-october-10th-srk/

A.ANAND
6th October 2012, 12:26 PM
What else you can expect from ToI :)

trailor vanthappa kuda copy innu sonnanungga!ippa ithayum copy ingrangga!oru mudivodathan irukangga pola!

A.ANAND
6th October 2012, 12:30 PM
MOVIE: JAB TAK HAI JAAN
> >> >
Directed by: Yash Chopra
Starring: Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma
Music by: A.R. Rahman

1. Challa - Rabbi Shergill

2. Chameli ek paheli - Clinton Cerej

3. Ishq shava - Harshdeep Kau

4. Jab tak hai jaan - Sonu Nigam, AR Rahman, KM Choir

5. Signal strong - Neeti Mohan [Anushka's introduction]

6. Kisse dhoondta - Clinton Cerejo, Harshdeep Kaur, Neeti Mohan

7. Jab tak hai jaan theme - Ft. Dongri Boys

8. Ishq shava 'n hot shava - Ft. DJ Chota Shakeel

arryg-

satissh_r
6th October 2012, 02:06 PM
Anand indha listum fake than, Gopal Srinivasan than original, ithu Gopal Anand nu oruthar comedykaga pottathu

Sunil_M88
6th October 2012, 04:55 PM
So the name of the 4th song is out.

Gopal Srinivasan "Heer"

So now we have

1. Challa
2. Ishq Shava
3. Jab Tak Hai Jaan
4. Heer

Senareb
6th October 2012, 04:58 PM
Audio release date is now confirmed... Oct 9... :) :bluejump: :redjump: :swinghead:

http://ipad89.com/entertainment/music-launch-releasing-jab-tak-hai-jaan-on-9th-october.html

https://twitter.com/iamsrk/status/253433536848207872

Senareb
8th October 2012, 08:05 PM
taran adarsh ‏@taran_adarsh
Xclusiv: #JabTakHaiJaan new song to be unveiled tomorrow at an event. @iamsrk will be present. Kat will connect thru Skype. She's in USA.

ajaybaskar
8th October 2012, 09:52 PM
Leaked Promo - Heer Heer

http://www.soundcloud.com/ainiekhan/heer-heer-jab-tak-hai-jaan

MADDY
9th October 2012, 09:42 AM
looks like all previous works of rahman songs rehashed into one album......honestly nothing new except for rich violin layer......rockstar spoils you, really

MADDY
9th October 2012, 09:46 AM
nice to listen though :-)

brigs
9th October 2012, 01:37 PM
Most unlike ARR... Rockstar for sure has spoiled us. Waiting for Kadal :)

A.ANAND
9th October 2012, 01:40 PM
looks like all previous works of rahman songs rehashed into one album......honestly nothing new except for rich violin layer......rockstar spoils you, really

Ha..ha..really very honest comment!JTHJ album maybe w satisfyed for shahrukh fans only not for arr fans!

i like heer,ishq shava and jiya re..intha padathukku intha level-le pothum innu vitturaro thalaivar!

A.ANAND
9th October 2012, 01:44 PM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan Music

Music Director : A R Rahman
Lyrics : Gulzar

What I expected? : You really want me to say?

Challa by Rabbi opens the soundtrack with refreshing and super cool guitar riffs, riding through an urbane-Sufi setup and even when it take references from Rabbi's own Bulla song, manages to impress big time as a standalone track with excellent and stylish neoteric arrangements! Good hear!
Saans by Mohit Chauhan and Shreya Ghoshal is unbelievably intense, melancholic, soulful and sweet being a signature Yash Chopra romantic track boasting of an excellent tune, arrangements and soul stirring lyrics! Shreya show all the way and a great great hear!!
Saans Reprise by Shreya Ghoshal is short yet heaven!!
Ishq Shava sung by Raghav Mathur and Shilpa Rao is kind of a heard before Rahman dance track of the 90's, yet engaging in every way, the catchy tune, fresh rendition and the seductive, modern, Arabic and Spanish influenced arrangements building up for a good hear!
Heer by Harshdeep Kaur, an amazing Punjabi flavored sweet and passionate track, slow, powerful with novel arrangements and sung to perfection by Harshdeep.! What a composition.! What great lyrics! No words, great great hear!!
Jiya Re by Neeti Mohan must be picturised on a modern Anushka Sharma since the track is a youthful and sonorous joyful-holiday-celebration mood ride with unconventionally good singing by Neeti(loved the raps in between!) and urbane cool arrangements giving a great hear!
Jab Tak Hai Jaan by Javed Ali and Shakthisree Gopalan, the title track hopefully, starts off in a lively, intense, romantic high pitched mode then transitions itself into a complete Qwaali style with the shrill voice of Shakthisree going perfectly in sync with the setup. A good hear but a tad underwhelming! Could have been better.
Ishq Dance, a 3 minute long instrumental showcases modern African dance beats. Good hear!
Jab Tak Hai Jaan Poem, the serene and literally beautiful poetic dialog piece by SRK and written by Gulzar sahib given upper lift by some cool romantic background is nothing but classic!

Verdict : Another Rahman magic.This album has everything from romantic, modern, desi and poetic tracks without letting us down even by a single bit.! What I loved about this one is that all the songs go straight in to our heart, it clicks and sinks in without taking any time at all unlike many of the Rahman albums recently. You'll hear it. You'll love it! JTHJ all set to rule the charts in the coming weeks! Highly Recommended!

AVERAGE<GOOD<VERY GOOD<EXCELLENT!<OUTSTANDING!

http://indicritic.blogspot.com/2012/10/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-review.html

A.ANAND
9th October 2012, 01:49 PM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan : Music Review

http://dunkdaft.blogspot.in/2012/10/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-review.html

http://www.musicaloud.com/2012/10/08/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-review-bollywood-soundtrack/

Ramakrishna
9th October 2012, 02:38 PM
The album is getting mixed reviews which is good.

Mahen
9th October 2012, 06:15 PM
album released? PM me :evil:

Mahen
9th October 2012, 06:20 PM
title song..lovely

Mahen
9th October 2012, 06:49 PM
Ram, cant pm you..nope, didnt get any links..ellam youtube

Ramakrishna
9th October 2012, 10:46 PM
Heer is a beauty.
Best of the album and i don't see it changing.

Senareb
9th October 2012, 11:05 PM
The reason for getting mixed reviews is tis audio is coming after Rockstar frm ARR...

Most of us thinking 'Rockstar' is lifetime album, the expectaion on JTHJ will be automatically raised...

bt the expectation meet pannitcha'nu ketta, illathan sollanum..

if tis album came before Rockstar, u would nt disappoint... bt v r hearing nw after Rockstar, so sumwat disappointed...:(

Ramakrishna
10th October 2012, 12:16 AM
Heer and challa are really good. But, other songs are skip-worthy even after repeated listenings.

Sunil_M88
10th October 2012, 05:12 AM
Rahman Ji has catered for YRF fans first, but saying that I still truly believe that this is just a YRF album only on surface level and after digging deep. all the nuances we love hearing in Rahman Ji's other material are all there. Just be patient, someone of us listeners have probably already deciphered them.

When he experiments, we are patient and even though there are many conventional sounds heard in this album, the experimentation is equally as great. I feel the same about Jab Tak Hai Jaan as I do about Taal because Taal's title track also brought about a nostalgic familiar tune when I first heard it. If a tune is familiar and reminds you of another song then that's no reason to be put off of it. It's not just tunes we're here for, it's emotions and this is the soaring point in every song here.

When Rahman Ji songs don't click with us they become chart busters and when they do click with us they still become chart busters. Either way he still will be likely to walk away with an award this year!

On initial hearing, I liked the title track the most but at work today, in the morning I was humming "Saans" while my afternoon was taken over by "Ishq Shava".

I was disappointed when I read Rahman Ji hasn't sung a single song, but was happy to hear him during the end of "Ishq Shava". Rahman Ji usually sings scratch versions and in "Jiya Re" this is very evident as Neeti Mohan almost sounds like a female Rahman Ji lol Celtic arrangements towards the end take the song to another platform altogether.

With "Heer" I feel the Punjabi sound has been nailed. Unlike other Bollywood Punjabi numbers, this doesn't seem like an imitation. The "Rooh" i.e. the spirit of Punjab is highly intact so again emotional quotient is greater than music here. When there's Punjabis like me who are listening to more and more South Indian music, Rahman Ji, a Thamizhan is reflecting the soul of Punjab with great compositions like Man Chandre, Thaiya Thaiya, Taal Se Taal, Ranjha Ranjha, Katiya Karun, etc and though the arrangements don't express it I think Challa also deserves to belong in this list.

The Instrumental piece "Ishq Dance" is in the league of "Beat of Passion" if not greater!

Whether you agree or not, I've become so attached to Rahman Ji's music that I can't see any other composer in the same light even if I wanted to.

ajaybaskar
10th October 2012, 05:53 AM
It's more like an Yash Chopra album than an ARR one.

lancelot
10th October 2012, 09:23 AM
Oh My Goodness! I cannot explain the awesomeness of Heer and the amazing voice of Harshdeep Kaur! Stuck on this song....

Mahen
10th October 2012, 10:22 AM
ajay any links?

Senareb
10th October 2012, 10:40 AM
mahen..did u nt check my yesterday mail ? :roll:

Mahen
10th October 2012, 10:44 AM
that link expired..

A.ANAND
10th October 2012, 02:07 PM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan (Music review), Hindi – A R Rahman

Challa is every bit Rahman as far as the free-flowing, slow-burning tune is concerned, despite the Punjabi, and the phonetic similarity of the key word to Rabbi’s Bulla; Keba Jeremiah’s guitars work almost like the 2nd voice in the song! Saans, the possible mouth-to-mouth resuscitation anthem, sees Rahman performing the challenging task of straddling his sensibilities with Yash Raj’s; he does pretty well layering the tuneful melody with gorgeous violins and the dholak. The title song isn’t fully lucky as Rahman tries the fusion again, but, with its sentiment-overload, it works partly and loses steam half-way. Heer runs completely out of luck in the same attempt. Shreya’s slower Saans reprise brings out the tune more beautifully, while crafty use of Oud and Mandolin add exotica to Ishq shava, an otherwise simplistic, catchy tune. Neeti Mohan sounds confident in the super spritely Jiya re, with fantastic support from Chandresh Kudwa’s guitar. Ranjit Barot’s drums rule over Ishq dance, a strictly-background’ish track that gains some solid edge as the chorus kicks in. The poem‘s orchestration are lovely and help alleviate the tedium caused by Aditya Chopra’s dated verses. Rahman brings his own sound to Yash Raj and the result is largely impressive.

Keywords: Yash Chopra, A R Rahman, Shah Rukh Khan, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, #200

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2012/10/09/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-review-hindi-a-r-rahman/

A.ANAND
10th October 2012, 02:11 PM
JTHJ REVIEW

http://www.gomolo.com/jab-tak-hai-jaan-movie-music-review/44081/245184

http://thebollywoodreview.blogspot.in/2012/10/music-review-jab-tak-hai-jaan.html

http://www.musicaloud.com/2012/10/08/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-review-bollywood-soundtrack/

http://unevenfingers.blogspot.in/2012/10/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-review.html

Sunil_M88
11th October 2012, 05:24 AM
I'm desperately trying to block out the negativity but no matter whatever website I go to, there's the odd clown dishing out inappropriate jokes.

Dear haters, please can you just move on! I'm trying very hard not to read other comments but my will power is kinda letting me down. If I was just stuck in this album without reading other views then I would've rated this album as Rahman Ji's best album. Obviously, it's my personal preference and not hyperbole without any thoughts but after reading other comments I've been influenced but I feel I shouldn't be. The only backfiring factor against this album is it's engineering and yes there is a high treble as pointed out by someone otherwise musically this is overall stronger than many of Rahman Ji's albums (put together).

I think the problem is that people are not listening to the album and they are only listening to expectations. I say, forget analysis and just enjoy it for what it is not what you want it to be and by expectations I mean DDLJ, DTPH, VZ i.e. the likes of Udit, Lata, Kumar Sanu, Sonu, Alka, etc. or any album by Rahman Ji. I still feel Rahman Ji hasn't compromised and instead composed what he likes more than delivering Yash Raj Sound (which is there but less in comparison to his own conventions)

My prediction is that the songs will pick up like crazy when the film releases until then I will defend the album to any extent!

Mahen
11th October 2012, 06:44 AM
Addicted to Heer and the title track :musicsmile:

MADDY
11th October 2012, 10:00 AM
jiya re and ishq shava on repeat mode......AR tries to break away from the YRF clamps but manages only a bit - a curbed AR after a long time.......even in Endhiran, he went ballistic.....

i can imagine while composing, AR would have given a tune that keeps flowing without any cycles, YR would have cut him and said "yen shoulder-a ethhura, erakku, erakku" :-D

A.ANAND
11th October 2012, 10:50 AM
JAB TAK HAI JAAN - Shahrukh Khan and Katrina Kaif - Song Launch Video Conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7p-QXKbxzM&feature=share&list=PLdMgIP2IHidkzSbaB_yX-iWHoewUhCYYs

A.ANAND
11th October 2012, 10:53 AM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan Music Review

http://bollyspice.com/49719/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-review

http://www.musicperk.com/jab-tak-hai-jaan/

http://www.media247.co.uk/showbiz/music-review-jab-tak-hai-jaan-2012

Senareb
11th October 2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/jab-tak-hai-jaan-02/01-jab-tak-hai-jaan-02-shahrukh-khan-katrina-kaif.html

A.ANAND
11th October 2012, 11:02 AM
heer is soulfull..but saans mandakullaye pogamattenguthu! arr stamp konjam kuda illa intha song-la!

shocking media-vukku intha album romba pidichirukku pola!this time most positif review..

Sunil_M88
12th October 2012, 12:18 AM
JTHJ has changed me from a devout music fan to an extreme ARR fanatic! I don't know if this change is for the better or worse? Whatever it may be, I don't think I can afford to listen to another composer with an open mind for sometime now.

Mahen
12th October 2012, 05:37 AM
Now Jiya re :musicsmile:

music man
12th October 2012, 02:18 PM
Hi all!!

I feel this album,though sounding un-Rahmanish here and there is going to be a big blockbuster. After reading some online reviews, I had an apprehension about this soundtrack. I felt sad that ARR has delivered a dud. But when i heard the sound track, it was very impressive.

Though i cannot understand hindi, going by the feel of the soundtrack, i like Jab Tak Hai Jaan,Heer,Ishq Shava and Jiya Re.

1) Jab Tak Hai Jaan sounded deja vu and has that "heard before feel".
2) Heer was great.
3) Ishq Shava is peppy. It sometimes remind "Mudhalvane" song from Mudhalvan. Particularly the phrase "Aasai theeyai eriya vittu amaicharodu oorvalamo" in the tamil number.
4) Jiya Re is bombastic. It has the vintage ARR element in it. This is really a chartbuster material.

I am really wondering why this album has garnered so many negative reviews from the listeners...
Agreed with the Saans track that it is the most un-Rahmanish track heard for some time now. Except for the intro violins part, the arrangements sounded like an early 90's Anu Malik work. The percussions were also out-dated.
5) Challa is the dark horse.. Though it was a hit in youtube, i really doubt its longetivity mainly due to the arrangements and Rabbi's voice. It is not fitting with SRK's voice.
6) Ishq Dance is good only to get better towards the end.What happened to Sivamani???
7) Saans Reprise is also good..Nothing path breaking.

My overall opinion is that this album will click big time with visuals inspite of the negativity surrounding it...

A.ANAND
12th October 2012, 07:56 PM
yes!arryg-la intha album-ma pala peru kondadarangga!maybe after movie relese songs ellam periya hit aagalam..

A.ANAND
12th October 2012, 08:12 PM
jiya re and Ishq Shava mathiri peppy number ellam tamil-la panna mattengararu!!romba naala ethirpaakiren!

Senareb
13th October 2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-music-reviews/review-1/oct-12-02/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-review.html

Verdict: Rahman has given an album which oozes with passion and would be a treat for the romantics. It’s a nice parting gift for the legendary Yash Chopra who is directing his last film. SRK’s romantic image would get a big shot in the arm, thanks to these numbers

Rating : 4/5...:smokesmirk:

amazing..i dont think BH gives tis rate before...only i remember Enthiran...bt nt sure..

brigs
13th October 2012, 08:01 PM
Most unlike ARR... Rockstar for sure has spoiled us. Waiting for Kadal :)

It turns out, I don't have to wait till ARRs next release (Kadal) I'm enjoying JTHJ. Addicted to Heer, Saans, Title song & Challa

A.ANAND
13th October 2012, 10:06 PM
Yash Chopra talks about Jab Tak Hai Jaan music

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/video/yash-chopra-talks-about-jab-tak-hai-jaan-music/1/223416.html

ajaybaskar
13th October 2012, 11:42 PM
I don't know why Saans is getting brick bats hereं. I enjoy it just like any other number of the album.

sureshmehcnit
14th October 2012, 11:33 AM
Totally in love with all the songs of Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

My thoughts http://www.backgroundscore.com/2012/10/jab-tak-hai-jaan-music-review.html

Mahen
16th October 2012, 02:58 PM
so in love with the title track..remba feeling.. :) but when Sakthisree sings tere bemani..ended up laughing. :lol:

brigs
16th October 2012, 03:58 PM
JTHJ :musicsmile:. Lovely. Addicted.

brigs
17th October 2012, 12:31 PM
Jiya re...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdOumVBRKp8

MADDY
18th October 2012, 09:33 AM
Jiya re...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdOumVBRKp8

ah, much relief......a bit different from cliche picturisation and visuals

Scale
18th October 2012, 11:31 PM
I am in love with Challa :musicsmile: All recent ARR's guitar solos are fantabulous.

Ramakrishna
19th October 2012, 12:38 AM
Heer is sheer magic. Addicted to it.

Now, i don't mind even if the other songs don't grow on me.

MADDY
21st October 2012, 11:44 AM
i think im the odd man out.....i find the entire album very underwhelming except for couple of ryhtm patterns in jiya re and ishq shava and some other bits.........i would have heard this album 10 times in 1 week.....VTV and all 10 times in 12 hrs :-( ..........

MADDY
21st October 2012, 12:02 PM
The deeper in meaning in “Challa”!

The package of “Challa” might seem more tailor-made for YRF and Rabbi at first but if you look at it from a different angle then the content is a complete Rahman Ji-Gulzar feast.

The video has SRK jovially parading around London with his guitar and by now it’s obvious that this is a love song but IMO the love reflected here is for “God” hence Rahman Ji and Gulzar deliver yet another “Sufi” song and from what it seems, it definitely was Rahman Ji’s idea to choose Rabbi, who brought a similar “Sufi” flavour in his “Bulla Ki Jaana” song. Please don’t forget Rahman Ji listens to a lot of music!

Just as “Ranjha” in famous Punjabi folk tale “Heer Ranjha” wanders all over Punjab reciting the name of the lord “Alakh Niranjan”, SRK here is wandering London singing “Challa”.

If you block out the background instruments then the melody is so alien to the genre that it is set too, please focus on the verse after the first interlude and hopefully you’ll understand me. It would’ve been apt for ethnic percussion. There could be another version in the movie, who knows?

After hearing the song continuously, it’s undeniable that the second interlude is parallel to the chorus portions of “Maaralente” and musically that’s the only part in this song where one can identify the vintage Rahman Ji stamp.

very good analysis - esp the tune being alien to the instruments......i too felt it was a uneasy mix of melody and rythms and somehow as usual, Rahman fuses it......

but what does the song mean? is he looking for love?? punjabi is such a beautiful sweet language honestly, its a fun to note how people pronounce words......

ajaybaskar
21st October 2012, 01:23 PM
After 2 weeks of listening, I should say that I am not very impressed. Challa, Saans and Heer are my picks but the ARR standard is somewhat missing. I guess the bar has been raised too high by the man that we are expecting a Rockstar or D6 every time. :(

venkkiram
21st October 2012, 01:44 PM
எனக்குப் பிடிச்சிருக்கு.. எப்டிய்யா இவருக்கு மட்டும் பாடகர்கள் தேர்வு ரொம்ப கச்சிதமா, அதே நேரத்துல அசத்தலா செய்து முடிக்க முடியுது... ஒவ்வொரு பாடகர்களையும் ரொம்ப சுதந்திரமா வானில் பறக்க விட்டு பாடச் செய்ததுபோல.. குரலில் பயமே இல்லாமல் ரொம்ப உணர்ந்து பாடியிருக்காங்க.. புதுசு புதுசா பாடகர்களை தேடித் போய்க்கொண்டே இருக்கிறார். அந்த தேடல் பாராட்ட வேண்டியது. ச்சல்லா பாடிய ரபி - என்னமா குரலை வெளிப்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார் வெவ்வேறு வண்ணங்களில் ஒவ்வொரு இடங்களிலும். முதல் முறை கேட்கும் போதே குரலின் முகவரி மனதில் பதிந்து விடுகிறது. ஒலிப்பதிவு தரம் சொல்லவே வேணாம். அதெல்லாம் பெஞ் மார்க்காகி யுகங்களாகிவிட்டது. படம் வெளிவரும் முன்பே பாடல் காணொளிகளை வெளியிட்டதும் நல்லதொரு வணிக யுத்தி. கண்ணுக்கு குளிர்ச்சியா இடங்கள், உடை தேர்வு.. பொதுவாகவே தற்போதெல்லாம் பாலிவுட் படப் பாடல்களுக்கு ஒளிப்பதிவு பெரிய பலம்..அதற்கு இதுவும் ஒரு அணிகலனாக அமையும். ஒரு முறை மட்டுமே கேட்டேன். வண்ணப்பூமாலை.

:notworthy:

Mahen
21st October 2012, 07:08 PM
yash chopra dies at 80
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/veteran-filmmaker-yash-chopra-dies-at-80/301546-8-66.html

ajaybaskar
21st October 2012, 07:36 PM
RIP Yash Ji. :(

NOV
21st October 2012, 07:37 PM
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285731_370112929731404_2125596205_n.jpg

பிரபல இயக்குனர் மற்றும் தயாரிப்பாளருமான யாஷ் சோப்ரா இன்று காலமானார்.. அவரது latest படம் இசை புயலின் இசையில் Jab Tak hai Jaan இன்னும் ரிலீஸ் ஆகல.

satissh_r
21st October 2012, 08:03 PM
:-( RIP sir, just read last week he was hospitalised.. Never thought it could be this serious

ajaybaskar
21st October 2012, 08:27 PM
Yash Ji had stated that he knows only one thing - making movies. And he wanted to do this all his life. Ironically, his latest film is titled Jab Tak Hai Jaan. Meaning: As long as I live.

MADDY
21st October 2012, 09:03 PM
shocking.....

not even trying to compare their body of work but yash chopra's death is more like stanley kubrick's whose last movie released after his death........

baroque
21st October 2012, 11:10 PM
:( shocking indeed!

My thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues!

Sorry Bhaiya! Must be shocking for Rahman!
I yet to come out of HEER HEER... Soaring melody!

Vinatha.

rajkumarc
22nd October 2012, 12:11 AM
Really shocking, RIP Yash-ji.

I'm really liking this album. It was an instant connect and liking than other recent ARR Hindi albums like Delhi6, Jhootha Na Hi Sahi, Yuvaraj.

Saans, Heer, Challa are my favorites.

Scale
22nd October 2012, 12:45 AM
Really Shocking :(

Yash Ji had stated that he knows only one thing - making movies. And he wanted to do this all his life. Ironically, his latest film is titled Jab Tak Hai Jaan. Meaning: As long as I live.

:notworthy:

Sunil_M88
22nd October 2012, 02:51 AM
very good analysis - esp the tune being alien to the instruments......i too felt it was a uneasy mix of melody and rythms and somehow as usual, Rahman fuses it......

but what does the song mean? is he looking for love?? punjabi is such a beautiful sweet language honestly, its a fun to note how people pronounce words......

Thank you and yes the meaning is pretty much that! Punjabi has many forms because there's persian influenced punjabi and samskritam influenced punjabi. There are certain words in "Challa" that I don't understand myself :ashamed: lol

Sunil_M88
22nd October 2012, 02:54 AM
RIP Dear Yash Ji! As long as I live, you will always be remembered as the king of romance!

Sunil_M88
22nd October 2012, 03:03 AM
Venkkiram +1 :thumbsup:

Rahman Ji is the only music director that has launched the most number of singers. In Jab Tak Hai Jaan there are 6 singers who have never collaborated with him before, other MDs would never take this gamble. However, Rahman Ji has and that too for an established production house like YRF. Kudos! :musicsmile:

littlemaster1982
22nd October 2012, 09:47 AM
After 2 weeks of listening, I should say that I am not very impressed. Challa, Saans and Heer are my picks but the ARR standard is somewhat missing. I guess the bar has been raised too high by the man that we are expecting a Rockstar or D6 every time. :(

Same here :roll:

A.ANAND
23rd October 2012, 10:44 AM
Ishq Shava - Song Teaser (15 sec) - Jab Tak Hai Jaan

http://videos.oneindia.in/watch/76772/ishq-shava-song-teaser-15-sec-jab-tak-hai-jaan.html

Sunil_M88
25th October 2012, 07:28 PM
"First Cut" on B4U today - The VJ said that Jab Tak Hai Jaan is an unofficial remake of Vaaranam Aayiram. I found that very thought provoking and do find a slight logic in what he said.

Vaaranam Aayiram ends on a happy note; conveying the message that "Whatever happens, Life has to go on" which roughly translates to Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

ajaybaskar
25th October 2012, 08:10 PM
WT..

VA oru mokka padam.. Adukku remake'ah? :banghead:

Sunil_M88
25th October 2012, 08:20 PM
Anna, I'm sure it's a joke!

brigs
13th November 2012, 11:55 AM
Music is again high point of the film but surely misses the massy element in it. In film one can see why certain kind of music kept but still absence of 1-2 huge massy numbers would had helped the flick. Title song is the best of lot and that is why kept under wrap. "Saans" and "Challa" lead the pack and "Ishq Shava" looks happening and grand at same time. Rahman does not live upto the hype but still Yash Chopra element saves it on and off screen. Gulzar's lyrics are romantic and philosophical in "Challa" an 'Heer", truly Sufi in nature.

Source: http://www.boxofficecapsule.com/review-specific.aspx?review_id=83

A.ANAND
13th November 2012, 11:45 PM
Review Round Up: ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ Woos Critics

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2012/11/13/review-round-up-jab-tak-hai-jaan-woos-critics/?mod=WSJBlog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

SoftSword
14th November 2012, 04:33 PM
whats the wom??

A.ANAND
15th November 2012, 11:21 AM
JTHJ BIG HIT

http://www.sify.com/movies/grand-opening-for-jthj-sos-may-join-rs-100-crore-club-news-bollywood-mlouaehejbe.html

Sunil_M88
23rd November 2012, 12:05 AM
Breath Again (A.R. Rahman Saans Bit Remix)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjJBJWk72qk

Sunil_M88
23rd November 2012, 11:04 PM
Jiya Re Bit Remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evtQol_U-WM

A.ANAND
24th November 2012, 09:48 PM
Making of the song - Jiya Re - Jab Tak Hai Jaan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k2DZzqGdU0

ajaybaskar
8th January 2013, 01:57 AM
Watched the movie at last. Not bad at all. Give it a try.

satissh_r
8th January 2013, 08:46 AM
How about thalaivar's bgm? Anything that you liked?

ajaybaskar
8th January 2013, 01:41 PM
BGM not as great as JTYJN or a Swades. There wasn't much scope either. There is an instrumental of 'Saans' in the second half. It was stunning. Otherwise, nothing to rave about.

The songs fitted in so well. I thought that the movie would be boring considering the film's runtime (2.56 hrs) and Yashji's previous outings. But I was proven wrong. A feel good love story. Man fights with god to get back his love. I know it sounds silly but believe me, it was better when watched on the screen. :)

satissh_r
8th January 2013, 03:21 PM
BGM not as great as JTYJN or a Swades. There wasn't much scope either. There is an instrumental of 'Saans' in the second half. It was stunning. Otherwise, nothing to rave about.

The songs fitted in so well. I thought that the movie would be boring considering the film's runtime (2.56 hrs) and Yashji's previous outings. But I was proven wrong. A feel good love story. Man fights with god to get back his love. I know it sounds silly but believe me, it was better when watched on the screen. :)

Thanks Ajay, movie added to the to be watched list